GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:52 am

Post by GIEFF »

Empking wrote:
GIEFF wrote:Now please answer my question about the genuineness of your curiosity.

Because the one above it wasn't genuine.
That's what I thought at first, too. But if it really wasn't, then why did you repeat it? And why did you ask me why I didn't respond to it?

I think it's because you're just trying to obstruct and confuse the town, as you did with your quote pyramid. If this is wrong, then explain to me the point you were trying to make by asking that question, repeating it, and then asking me why I didn't answer it immediately.

-----

Kmd4390 wrote:Anyway, you say Emp is distracting us near a deadline. Is your questioning me about quoting related to scumhunting in any way?

The bulk of the "case" against Shin is that she dodges questions. You are claiming that Shin is lying when she says she didn't see Empking's post. You're claiming we are BOTH lying, and that the quote-pyramid should not have been hard to read. We are close to deadline, and I don't want Shin to get lynched for bogus reasons. I am not lying, so I don't think Shin was lying either.

And I think it's scummy to claim (read: LIE) that your quote pyramid was intended to "limit confusion." That is what you're claiming, right? That is just about objectively false. You were quoting because it was funny.

Empking, do you also want to claim that you were just making that pyramid to try to help the town understand the context?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Empking »

GIEFF wrote:
Empking wrote:
GIEFF wrote:Now please answer my question about the genuineness of your curiosity.

That's what I thought at first, too.
Is that why you didn't answer it?
But if it really wasn't, then why did you repeat it? And why did you ask me why I didn't respond to it?
As your reaction to it was scummy.
I think it's because you're just trying to obstruct and confuse the town, as you did with your quote pyramid. If this is wrong, then explain to me the point you were trying to make by asking that question, repeating it, and then asking me why I didn't answer it immediately.
As it made you reveal your true question by dodging the question and obstruting the town.

-----
Kmd4390 wrote:Anyway, you say Emp is distracting us near a deadline. Is your questioning me about quoting related to scumhunting in any way?

The bulk of the "case" against Shin is that she dodges questions. You are claiming that Shin is lying when she says she didn't see Empking's post. You're claiming we are BOTH lying, and that the quote-pyramid should not have been hard to read. We are close to deadline, and I don't want Shin to get lynched for bogus reasons. I am not lying, so I don't think Shin was lying either.

And I think it's scummy to claim (read: LIE) that your quote pyramid was intended to "limit confusion." That is what you're claiming, right? That is just about objectively false. You were quoting because it was funny.

Empking, do you also want to claim that you were just making that pyramid to try to help the town understand the context?
No.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:00 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Oh my freaking gourd people, quoting is ok, but not removing parts of the quote which aren't really necessary are big turn-offs to many players because it makes the thread harder to read for some people. Maybe not you, but other people.

In other news, shin, are you planning on claiming any time soon? Because we're getting really close to deadline, and if you want to live, that's pretty much your only possibility.
Not a dayvig.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:05 am

Post by GIEFF »

Empking wrote:
GIEFF wrote:
Empking wrote:
That's what I thought at first, too.
Is that why you didn't answer it?
Yes. As I've already said. Didn't you see me say that? I can't believe you really missed my answer. You must be lying.

Empking wrote:
GIEFF wrote: I think it's because you're just trying to obstruct and confuse the town, as you did with your quote pyramid. If this is wrong, then explain to me the point you were trying to make by asking that question, repeating it, and then asking me why I didn't answer it immediately.

As it made you reveal your true question by dodging the question and obstruting the town.
I don't understand what you mean by this. Are you trying to say you think it's scummy for me not to answer a question I don't think is genuine?

----
ac1983fan wrote:In other news, shin, are you planning on claiming any time soon? Because we're getting really close to deadline, and if you want to live, that's pretty much your only possibility.
Another possibility is just lynching you instead.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:10 am

Post by ZazieR »

See sig. He should be able to let me post tomorrow :D
Ignore the ''R''
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:18 am

Post by ac1983fan »

GIEFF wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:In other news, shin, are you planning on claiming any time soon? Because we're getting really close to deadline, and if you want to live, that's pretty much your only possibility.
Deadline's in four days, many of the people voting shin have had opportunities to change their votes, but have not done so.
Not a dayvig.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

GIEFF wrote:You are claiming that Shin is lying when she says she didn't see Empking's post.
:shock: I am? Prove it.
GIEFF wrote:You're claiming we are BOTH lying, and that the quote-pyramid should not have been hard to read.
I'm not saying you are lying. But yeah, I am saying it
should
have been no problem reading it.
GIEFF wrote:And I think it's scummy to claim (read: LIE) that your quote pyramid was intended to "limit confusion." That is what you're claiming, right? That is just about objectively false. You were quoting because it was funny.
Misrep. I quote to limit confusion. That is any time I post and there are quotes. It limits confusion to include posts. Being lazy and not removing things isn't what I am referring to when I say I'm limiting confusion. It's quoting in general.
ZazieR wrote:See sig. He should be able to let me post tomorrow :D
You know, my sig could say the same thing. More yesterday than today though. I've actually managed to pay attention to MS almost as much as talking to you.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:56 am

Post by GIEFF »

ac1938fan wrote:
GIEFF wrote:
ac1983fan wrote: In other news, shin, are you planning on claiming any time soon? Because we're getting really close to deadline, and if you want to live, that's pretty much your only possibility.
Deadline's in four days, many of the people voting shin have had opportunities to change their votes, but have not done so.

I'd call this post my main case against you, ac1983fan.

Zazier, Slicey, Tuber, Shadow Knight, and Empking are currently voting for Shin.

• Zazier has not had a chance to see or respond to that post.
  • Slicey made two posts telling you why following is bad, and hasn't said anything since.
  • Tuber has posted since I made that post, but hasn't responded to or acknowledged it.
  • Shadow Knight has not posted since I made that post.
  • Empking has not responded to or acknowledged it.

@ the 5 people voting for Shin now; have you read the above post I made about ac1983fan? Do you agree with my logic? Do you still prefer Shin to ac1983fan?
- do you still prefer a Shin lynch to an ac1983 lynch?

I agree with ac that we need to decide this very soon so we can get a claim soon enough before the deadline to react to it. I think that whoever has the most votes tomorrow should claim. So please respond quickly.

-----------
Kmd4390 wrote:
GIEFF wrote:You are claiming that Shin is lying when she says she didn't see Empking's post.
I am? Prove it.
Kmd4390 wrote:
Shinnen_no_Me wrote:I didn't read Emp's "case" because I simply did not see it. Is that scummy?
I think you should have read it.
It looks to me like you are implying Shin really did read it. If you are not, why else would you say Shin should have read it? Am I misunderstanding your intent?
Kmd4390 wrote:
GIEFF wrote:And I think it's scummy to claim (read: LIE) that your quote pyramid was intended to "limit confusion." That is what you're claiming, right? That is just about objectively false. You were quoting because it was funny.
Misrep. I quote to limit confusion. That is any time I post and there are quotes. It limits confusion to include posts. Being lazy and not removing things isn't what I am referring to when I say I'm limiting confusion. It's quoting in general.
This is ironic, because you are taking it out of its original context, the very thing you claim you are trying to avoid. You said you quote to limit confusion in response to Shin saying the quote pyramid was difficult to read. I took that to mean that you were arguing against this, saying that the quoting made the conversation EASIER to follow, and that this was your intent, when your intent was very obviously nothing of the sort.

No, you didn't come out and say "My quote pyramid was intended to help the town follow the conversation." But you very much implied it, and it is very much untrue.

And if you weren't trying to imply that the quote pyramid was intended to help the town follow the conversation, why would you make a general argument about quoting helping to provide context?
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

How come no one has acknowledged this post?
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

My net connection at work is on the fritz today. Will be back tomorrow to try and read and post content.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

GIEFF wrote:It looks to me like you are implying Shin really did read it. If you are not, why else would you say Shin should have read it? Am I misunderstanding your intent?
I never said that "Shin is lying when she says she didn't see Empking's post." Those are your words. It's very possible that she didn't see it. But that means she didn't read it. I think she should have read it. Not necessarily scummy, but she
should
have read it.
GIEFF wrote: This is ironic, because you are taking it out of its original context, the very thing you claim you are trying to avoid. You said you quote to limit confusion in response to Shin saying the quote pyramid was difficult to read. I took that to mean that you were arguing against this, saying that the quoting made the conversation EASIER to follow, and that this was your intent, when your intent was very obviously nothing of the sort.
Read carefullly. Quoting-in-general-limits-confusion. I am not talking about any specific quote. I am talking about ALL quotes in ANY game. Hell, this could apply for a thread in general discussion.
GIEFF wrote:No, you didn't come out and say "My quote pyramid was intended to help the town follow the conversation." But you very much implied it, and it is very much untrue.
Are you even reading what I'm saying?
GIEFF wrote:And if you weren't trying to imply that the quote pyramid was intended to help the town follow the conversation, why would you make a general argument about quoting helping to provide context?
Because people didn't like the quote pyramid for some reason. I explained that it happened because I quote for convenience.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:57 am

Post by GIEFF »

Kmd4390 wrote:
GIEFF wrote: This is ironic, because you are taking it out of its original context, the very thing you claim you are trying to avoid. You said you quote to limit confusion in response to Shin saying the quote pyramid was difficult to read. I took that to mean that you were arguing against this, saying that the quoting made the conversation EASIER to follow, and that this was your intent, when your intent was very obviously nothing of the sort.
Read carefullly. Quoting-in-general-limits-confusion. I am not talking about any specific quote. I am talking about ALL quotes in ANY game. Hell, this could apply for a thread in general discussion.

Then why did you mention it? It is reasonable to assume you brought it up to respond to the specific situation at hand, i.e. your massive quote period making the thread difficult to read. I still assume this is true, no matter what you say.

Your quoting did NOT limit confusion, and you did not intend it to do so.

Kmd4390 wrote:
GIEFF wrote:And if you weren't trying to imply that the quote pyramid was intended to help the town follow the conversation, why would you make a general argument about quoting helping to provide context?
Because people didn't like the quote pyramid for some reason. I explained that it happened because I quote for convenience.
For your own convenience, or for the town's convenience when trying to read what you are saying?
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Slicey »

GIEFF, I was not around when the quote pyramid was made. I skipped over most of it until I saw something that was more than one line long. You should have at least skimmed through it, as should Shin.

I like ac's case, but I still think Shin is a MUCH better lynch.

[quote=Shin]@Kmd & Emp: First of all, as GIEFF said, you started the pyramid. It's obvious that you won't miss something there. But for the other players, it wasn't that easy. I didn't read Emp's "case" because I simply did not see it. Is that scummy? You want to think that's scummy, otherwise you won't have something against me. But for me, you were the ones that were trying to hide that and make it harder to read. Now, that's scummy. But, you know what else is scummy? That kind of partnership you are having between yourselves. It's like you two are mafia who are backing up together to get a bandwagon on me, backed up with some accusations of other townies due to my behaviour.[/quote]
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Slicey »

oh dammit, hit submit too soon. I'll put the rest of what I want to say in the next post. >______________>
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

GIEFF wrote: For your own convenience, or for the town's convenience when trying to read what you are saying?
Both, but mostly the town.

I'm not going to sit here and repeat myself screaming at the top of my lungs just before a deadline. I've responded to your points. You've told me I'm wrong. I've repeated myself. You've told me I'm wrong. It ends now unless you have something new to add, ok?
Slicey wrote:GIEFF, I was not around when the quote pyramid was made. I skipped over most of it until I saw something that was more than one line long. You should have at least skimmed through it, as should Shin.
^This. There was mention of a case 4-5 times along with the case itself. If you at least skimmed, you'd have seen that.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Slicey »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:@Kmd & Emp: First of all, as GIEFF said, you started the pyramid. It's obvious that you won't miss something there. But for the other players, it wasn't that easy. I didn't read Emp's "case" because I simply did not see it. Is that scummy? You want to think that's scummy, otherwise you won't have something against me. But for me, you were the ones that were trying to hide that and make it harder to read. Now, that's scummy. But, you know what else is scummy? That kind of partnership you are having between yourselves. It's like you two are mafia who are backing up together to get a bandwagon on me, backed up with some accusations of other townies due to my behaviour.
It was to find it for me. Read the topic. >_> And there are plenty other reasons for voting for you. Not seeing the case is a weak scumtell. But I'm not voting for you because of that. Yet you keep dismissing my reasons for voting you as if they were nothing. And I doubt that Emp intentionally hid his case. You are basing that on absolutely nothing. And I can say the same thing about your partnership between you and GIEFF. Except I think GIEFF is town, even though I think he's really wrong about Shin. And KMD is not voting for you. He even said he would prefer an ac1983fan lynch. You're really not reading the topic at all.
Shinnen_no_Me wrote:How come no one has acknowledged this post?
Hello. Check out Post 261, second paragraph.

Add not reading the topic to my reasons of wanting to lynch Shin.

Also, GIEFF, I agree with you about the quote mountain thing. It did not make things clearer in this case. KMD, do you honestly think that the quote mountain made things easier to read? Cause I really don't think so and I don't think you believe that either.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:55 am

Post by GIEFF »

Kmd4390 wrote:It ends now unless you have something new to add, ok?
OK. I find it scummy, but I will not bring it up again unless it is part of a larger case on you, and I will drop it completely for today because you will not be lynched.
Kmd4390 wrote:
Slicey wrote: GIEFF, I was not around when the quote pyramid was made. I skipped over most of it until I saw something that was more than one line long. You should have at least skimmed through it, as should Shin.

^This. There was mention of a case 4-5 times along with the case itself. If you at least skimmed, you'd have seen that.

I cede the point that I should have skimmed the entire quote pyramid, and Shin should have too, if only to have avoided this whole discussion, which is not useful.

My point, however, is that people (I am mainly talking about ac1983fan here) should not attack Shin for dodging questions unless they think she is lying about not having seen Empking's post. It is only a dodge if you do it on purpose, and I believe Shin when she says she didn't see it. All this discussion about how difficult quote pyramids are to read isn't all that relevant, unless you think it means Shin was lying, which therefore means you think she was dodging attacks.

It took her 42 minutes to respond after I pointed the post out to her. That is not a dodge in my book, and shouldn't be enough for town-ac1983fan to want to hammer.

-----

Zazier, Tuber, SK, and Empking
- I'd like to get confirmation from you that you still prefer a Shin lynch to an ac1983fan lynch. We need to get a claim soon, but I don't want to make Shin claim if she is not the majority-preferred lynch-target.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Slicey »

I believe Shin, it's just that she really should have read the topic more closely. Not reading the topic, which I just showed she's done a couple other times, is scummy IMHO.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Slicey wrote:Not reading the topic, which I just showed she's done a couple other times, is scummy IMHO.
Agreed.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Nameless »

ZEEnon has request replacement.
The deadline is on hold until I can find one.
Again.
Incidentally, if ZazieR hasn't started playing within 24 hours I will replace him as well.

I Can't Believe It's Not A FoS Count!

Shinnen_no_Me: 5 (ZazieR, Empking, Slicey, Tuberkulos, Shadow Knight)
ac1983fan: 2 (GIEFF, Kmd4390)
Empking: 1 (ZEEnon)
Not Voting: 3 (DraketheFake, ac1983fan, Shinnen_no_Me)
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Slicey »

ZazieR is a girl, Nameless. >_>
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Nameless wrote:
if ZazieR hasn't started playing within 24 hours I will replace
him
as well.
Zazie is pretty obviously female.

And see her sig. I expect that she'll be posting tomorrow. (Not tonight as it's already 12:15 AM where she is.)
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

It's true that I sometimes don't read well some things, and that can be perceived as scummy, so I can't argue about that. What I can argue, is that you (well, most of you), haven't say anything on two baseless votes on me, and instead of that, keep attacking me with the same reasons.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Slicey »

I have talked about the two "baseless" votes on you. Learn to goddamn read scum.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

You learn to read. I said "most of you", taking into account what you just said. I did not call you by your name, but I was referring to you. Geez.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”