Mini 754 - Frogs Mafia Game, Set and Match.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

It was confusing, because you said "You" directly after talking about me, without giving a new subject before hand, so it makes sense to interpret the you as directed at me.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Citizen Karne »

Ah, I see now. I apologize for the confusing syntax.
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Yeah. I didn't see the part ML quoted. I scanned that post pretty thoroughly, too.
Unvote

I agree, Karne. I think random votes are fine if consistent with meta. I wasn't jumping on about random votes, I was jumping on because I thought I saw CW answer a question not asked regarding allignment, which is generally bad.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:31 am

Post by MacavityLock »

mikeburnfire wrote:Fairly neutral towards TSQ and dahill.
Why did you pick out these two people to mention specifically?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Haterade wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:Just two things to note about that, and keep in mind I am drunk so take them with a grain of salt:

1) I was sk in that game, so you can't really discern anything about my alignment from that game.

2) I have no clue why I haven't been scummy nominated for best SK for that game. I caught all the scum, and then pulled the wool completely over the rest of the towns eyes for the win. That was like the penultimate of scum play. I'm actually kind of miffed about lack of nomination from that game.

All ranting aside, all that shows is that I'm capable of being helpful and questioning as scum (although not directly as mafia, which is important because I tend to play SK like a town aligned player until I go for the kill) I'm not sure why you brought it up, although it was fun to reread my pwnage of farside.

Did you forget what role I was in that game?
vote: thestatusquo

Why would you get this overly critical about someone bringing up something clearly pro-town? Imagine:

"hey, check it out, I saw this game where someone was playing exactly the same way as another game where they were the sk, there's a chance we could be onto something here."

Is that not a pro-town thing to do?

Hiding much?
First of all, the context of him bringing it up was not clear. Since he said he didn't have problems with my play before, I was assuming that he was saying I always play like this, in which case I was pointing out a logical flaw by pointing out that I was a SK in that game.

Secondly, how the fuck am I hiding something? I was the one who came out and said I was SK in this game, and therefore all it did is show that I am capable of playing helpfully as SK. The conclusion I drew was a reason to doubt a pro town read on me.

How the fuck is that "hiding" something? In fact, all I did was give reasons why you SHOULDN'T have a pro town read on me.

Your logic makes no sense at all.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

The more I read it, the more to me it looks like haterade was just looking for a random thing to attack, and not actually reading the thread with an eye towards scum hunting. His logic here is SERIOUSLY wonky.

Vote: Haterade

I would like to stress that this is not based on his vote for me, but rather on how he appears to be approaching the thread.
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Citizen Karne »

Thestatusquo wrote:The more I read it, the more to me it looks like haterade was just looking for a random thing to attack, and not actually reading the thread with an eye towards scum hunting. His logic here is SERIOUSLY wonky.

Vote: Haterade

I would like to stress that this is not based on his vote for me, but rather on how he appears to be approaching the thread.
I endorse this product and/or service.
FoS: Haterade
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

crywolf20084 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:Well did it not start converstation?
wait, did you vote me with a dice vote purely to start conversation?
Well not exactly but it did, did it not?
So if you didnt do it to start conversation, why are you stating it?
Smells of someone trying to look good for a "good" deed, though the deed was unintentional.

I didnt really care about your random vote. It is common to dice vote at the beginning of day 1. I didnt really care about other's "attacks" of that vote. Day 1 people attack anyone for anything to get stances, conversation, apply pressure. But when you try to make the random vote look pro town, though that wasnt your intention...that to me looks suspect.
If I meta you..will I find you random voting in every game
?
#1: I didn't start the converstation TSQ did... Wow I've walked my self into a hole here x_x
I don't mean to speak for CKD here, but I do not think the question was whether or not you started the conversation; it was whether or not your dice-roll random vote was intended to in fact spark more extensive levels of conversation. This motive is suggested by the initial "Well did it not start conversation?" question/reply to TSQ, but when inquired further, you seemed to shrink away from your initial justification for the dice vote, claiming that you "did not exactly" do it to start dialogue.

I really have no problem with the dice roll, as everyone has their own methods of voting during the random voting stage of the game, but your responses to these questions just don't seem right to me, as they do indeed come off as you attempting to look protown by generating discussion, even though this hadn't been your intent.
crywolf20084 wrote:#2: Yes I random vote in almost every game..If i remember correctly.
Wait, what? In your responses during Post 22 (clause a) on Page 1, you clearly state that you have never used dice as a means of voting before. Which is it? Have you never used it before, or do you random vote this way almost every game? I was willing to accept this as a null tell due to meta purposes, but this is an awfully stark contradiction from your primary claim. Could you please explain this to the group, preferably choosing one claim or the other?
Thestatusquo wrote:Guys, crywolf is pretty clearly town.
This is an awfully bold statement, considering we are only four pages into this game. Care to elaborate just a little more, if not only for the sake of clarity?
Thestatusquo wrote:Answers to my questions make me satisfied about the dice roll thing, and in addition,
her emotional responses feel more like annoyed townie than angry scum.
They could also be, you know, an Appeal to Emotions? I did not pick up on great deals of emotion (this is not me insinuating that you said there was an overt use of emotion in her rebuttals by any means) in her responses, but I don't think claiming her innocent for said retorts to hold much weight because of the possible AtE.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

Thestatusquo wrote:
Haterade wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:Just two things to note about that, and keep in mind I am drunk so take them with a grain of salt:

1) I was sk in that game, so you can't really discern anything about my alignment from that game.

2) I have no clue why I haven't been scummy nominated for best SK for that game. I caught all the scum, and then pulled the wool completely over the rest of the towns eyes for the win. That was like the penultimate of scum play. I'm actually kind of miffed about lack of nomination from that game.

All ranting aside, all that shows is that I'm capable of being helpful and questioning as scum (although not directly as mafia, which is important because I tend to play SK like a town aligned player until I go for the kill) I'm not sure why you brought it up, although it was fun to reread my pwnage of farside.

Why would you get this overly critical about someone bringing up something clearly pro-town? Imagine:

"hey, check it out, I saw this game where someone was playing exactly the same way as another game where they were the sk, there's a chance we could be onto something here."

Hiding much?
First of all, the context of him bringing it up was not clear. Since he said he didn't have problems with my play before, I was assuming that he was saying I always play like this, in which case I was pointing out a logical flaw by pointing out that I was a SK in that game.

Secondly, how the fuck am I hiding something? I was the one who came out and said I was SK in this game, and therefore all it did is show that I am capable of playing helpfully as SK. The conclusion I drew was a reason to doubt a pro town read on me.

How the fuck is that "hiding" something? In fact, all I did was give reasons why you SHOULDN'T have a pro town read on me.

I agree with TSQ on every facet of the argument above. Haterade, if you are going to place a serious vote on someone (I am assuming this is not a random vote, based off the "case" you provided), have something to back up your justification, for as it is right now, you have nothing but several paragraphs of fallacy that does little in regards to scum hunting. How about actually reading the thread, comprehending the discussions already taking place, and provide something that might help us catch scum.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Kloud, it's possible that she could be using "appeals to emotion" but it really doesn't feel that way. I've played this game for a while, and at this point I'm pretty good at recognizing when someone is being disingenuous. I'm not asking anyone to follow me into the pits of hell on this one, but at this point in the game I think crywolf is much more likely to be town than scum.

Now, of course I could be wrong, mate. I've been convinced of my wrongness many times before, but at this point the attacks on her seem unconvincing to me, especially considering her answers to my questions, which seemed completely spot on with what I would expect a town player to say if they don't realize how bad for the town dice roll voting is.
Haterade
Haterade
Townie
Haterade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by Haterade »

Thestatusquo wrote:
Haterade wrote:

Hiding much?

You sure tried to make it sound like you were inherently protown in that post in that game, despite not being town at all.

Because you responded to a legitimate protown point (I didn't find the original context confusing in the least, but that's just me) with a whole giant clarification schpiel about how using that game to justify your context for this game isn't right because you were the SK and you can't configure alignment based off of that (yeah right...that's total BS).

In other words, you were distancing yourself from that logic using a flawed and nitpicky system; I considered it overreacting and overdefensive.
Haterade
Haterade
Townie
Haterade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:17 pm

Post by Haterade »

Thestatusquo wrote:
Haterade wrote:

Hiding much?

You sure tried to make it sound like you were inherently protown in that post in that game, despite not being town at all.

Because you responded to a legitimate protown point (I didn't find the original context confusing in the least, but that's just me) with a whole giant clarification schpiel about how using that game to justify your context for this game isn't right because you were the SK and you can't configure alignment based off of that (yeah right...that's total BS).

In other words, you were distancing yourself from that logic using a flawed and nitpicky system; I considered it overreacting and overdefensive.
Haterade
Haterade
Townie
Haterade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by Haterade »

kloud1516 wrote:I agree with TSQ on every facet of the argument above. Haterade, if you are going to place a serious vote on someone (I am assuming this is not a random vote, based off the "case" you provided), have something to back up your justification, for as it is right now, you have nothing but several paragraphs of fallacy that does little in regards to scum hunting. How about actually reading the thread, comprehending the discussions already taking place, and provide something that might help us catch scum.
ugh shut up take your preaching somewhere else please

I'd policy vote you if I didn't think TSQ was mafia.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:33 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Haterade wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:
Haterade wrote:

Hiding much?

Read my post again, and pleeeeease point out to me where I claim to be protown because of it. Please.

Like, you're not making any sense. The conclusion I draw is that I am NOT pro town because of that game. You're trying to attribute to me the exact opposite position that I took, and then attacking me for it.

Seriously, please show me in that post where I claim to be pro town because of it?
Shanba
Shanba
So win
Shanba
So win
So win

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:50 am

Post by Shanba »

Vote Count:

2: crywolf20084
(Raging Rabbit, dahill)
2: Curiouskarmadog
(MacavityLock, crywolf)
1: Raging Rabbit
(ckd)
1: dahill1
(scotmany12)
1: Gorrad
(kloud)
1: Thestatusquo
(Haterade)
1: Haterade
(TSQ)
Not Voting:
Citizen Karne, MBF, Gorrad

7 votes will create traditional Chinese medicine!

And, uh, stay cool and stuff.
(10:50:24 PM) xcaykex: GODDAMNIT I DONT WANNA GET RID OF MY TENTACLE RAPE PORN

Ribbit.
Haterade
Haterade
Townie
Haterade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Haterade »

Thestatusquo wrote:
Haterade wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:
Haterade wrote:

Hiding much?

Read my post again, and pleeeeease point out to me where I claim to be protown because of it. Please.

Like, you're not making any sense. The conclusion I draw is that I am NOT pro town because of that game. You're trying to attribute to me the exact opposite position that I took, and then attacking me for it.

Seriously, please show me in that post where I claim to be pro town because of it?
"Check out this game, where TSQ has played very similarly to this one and was SK. Something to think about."
"You can't discern my alignment from that game, because I was SK."
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Actually, he didn't SAY "where he was a sk"

HENCE WHY I SAID THAT THE CONTEXT WAS CLEAR, AND WHY I POINTED OUT THAT I WAS SK IN THAT GAME, AND ASKED HIM IF HE FORGOT WHAT ROLE I WAS.

Are you fucking dense? Is you M/V very high? Holy shit. I was specifically warning people AGAINST having pro town reads on me. Like, it's literally the exact opposite of what you're saying it is.

Ughhh.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

The context wasn't clear, in the yelling part. Excuse me for the typo.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Here's the conclusion, directly from the post you're attacking.
All ranting aside, all that shows is that I'm capable of being helpful and questioning as scum
How in the name of Allah is that claiming to be pro town? It's exactly the OPPOSITE!
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:22 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Haterade wrote:
kloud1516 wrote:I agree with TSQ on every facet of the argument above. Haterade, if you are going to place a serious vote on someone (I am assuming this is not a random vote, based off the "case" you provided), have something to back up your justification, for as it is right now, you have nothing but several paragraphs of fallacy that does little in regards to scum hunting. How about actually reading the thread, comprehending the discussions already taking place, and provide something that might help us catch scum.

Gladly, once you stop distorting posts to suit your own obscure and fallacious cases.

Oh really? On what grounds; disagreeing with you?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:57 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

from post 82, kloud has hit my point and questions on the nose. Again, I dont care about the random dice vote..happens a lot...what I dont like is Cry's reaction to TSQ (who I think is just getting conversation moving, null tell)...Cry seems to be trying to take credit for being protown after the fact. By saying that the dice vote did start conversation.

I havent got an answer from Cry about...but I dont think I am going to at this point. I am not sure why his is misunderstanding my questions. I dont think he dice voted to start conversation....but I also dont think that the dice vote was scummy...his reaction to TSQ was only slightly scummy....just making a note at this point.

I am not sure I unerstand Hate's beef with TSQ...I agree with kloud that it appears that hate is distorting (I prefer the term "Stretching") the facts...But is he doing it to scum hunt or push a bullshit case?...I dont know.

Hate, can you (in layman's term for the slow) explain why you think TSQ is mafia? Your thoughts on why TSQ doesnt have any other votes other than yourself?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Haterade
Haterade
Townie
Haterade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Haterade »

kloud1516 wrote:
Haterade wrote:

Gladly, once you stop distorting posts to suit your own obscure and fallacious cases.

Oh really? On what grounds; disagreeing with you?
no, you're unnecessarily being a soapbox ass
curiouskarmadog wrote:I am not sure I unerstand Hate's beef with TSQ...I agree with kloud that it appears that hate is distorting (I prefer the term "Stretching") the facts...But is he doing it to scum hunt or push a bullshit case?...I dont know.

Hate, can you (in layman's term for the slow) explain why you think TSQ is mafia? Your thoughts on why TSQ doesnt have any other votes other than yourself?
I feel like the post I put into questions was a reactionary post to someone making an observation that could build a case on him. This may be me, but the tone of the post seemed oddly combative...as if us looking the game over ourselves isn't going to provide proper context for his actions. He needed to explain his actions out to us totally unnecessarily and before anyone else could chime in and post initial thoughts.

The post totally seemed odd to me, because it seemed like TSQ was intentionally trying to change the direction of where conversation was headed instead of letting discussion on him continue about him as-is. This is one of my favorite scumtells, and the more I thought about the post, the more it made sense that he'd want to do that.

Since, you know, that TSQ-game-connection could totally make sense as a decent case. He acted like this in another game and he was antitown? Perhaps that's a trend...?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

You still haven't explained how me explaining how I don't seem protown because of that game is me claiming to be protown.

Please do so.
Haterade
Haterade
Townie
Haterade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Haterade »

Thestatusquo wrote:You still haven't explained how me explaining how I don't seem protown because of that game is me claiming to be protown.

Please do so.
You "corrected" the context of that game and disagreed with a player who did a protown thing. You may not have done it explicitly, but to me, that post made it sound like you were implicitly defining your innocence.

With that said, I don't think I've ever seen a game where "I have practically proven that I said I was antitown" has ever been the main message.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Because he DIDN'T give context, dude. He just pointed to the game.

I wasn't disagreeing with his context, because he didn't give any.

I WAS THE ONE WHO POINTED OUT I WAS SK.

The post said "I was SK in that game, so all it proves is that you should doubt pro town reads on me."

How is that even CLOSE to "Implicitly defining my innocence"

Like... It's not EVEN CLOSE.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”