Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:04 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

Magus_Stragus wrote:To put it simple, yes.
So you believe that we could have gotten some valuable information out of the rvs if Empking hadn't asked about the FoS? I actually believe that it's your reaction to Empking's question that evolved the rsv to something more serious, rather than the question in itself. Do you agree? If not, tell me why.
Magus_Stragus wrote:As I said, there's a chance that the votes are just random, but there's also a chance that it's an early bandgwagon pushed by the mafia (probably just one of them).
Which one do you believe is more likely?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:17 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Magus wrote:there's also a chance that it's an early bandgwagon pushed by the mafia (probably just one of them).
So one of the three is possibly scum? That's very close to the odds of any one player in this game being scum. How do you distinguish who, if anyone, on the wagon is scum?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

@ Magus; could you explain what happened in your first game, that made you think ("learn") that being/putting someone at L-3 early in a game is always a bad thing?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Empking »

Magus_Stragus wrote:
Tuberkulos wrote:
Magus_Stragus wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote: What are your thoughts on recent posts by ac and myself?
Well, first, I agree with you regarding that townies want the RVS to end as soon as possible to have more time for serious discussion. However, the RVS is important, as it lets us start with the game properly, and rushing it when we have not yet something to start with is not good, imo.
Let me get this straight; you mean that Empking was trying to rush the rvs by asking Kmd if his FoS was serious?
To put it simple, yes.

Would it be better if I continued to think that it was serious?
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Wow, so many questions at me! I'm feeling dizzy... @_@

Any roads, let's answer them:
Tuberkulos wrote:
Magus_Stragus wrote:To put it simple, yes.
So you believe that we could have gotten some valuable information out of the rvs if Empking hadn't asked about the FoS? I actually believe that it's your reaction to Empking's question that evolved the rsv to something more serious, rather than the question in itself. Do you agree? If not, tell me why.
I don't know if we would have gotten more valuable info. Usually rvs stages last for at least more than page 2. I also agree with you that it was my reaction (and the reaction of the other players towards my reaction) that ended the rvs.
Tuberkulos wrote:
Magus_Stragus wrote:As I said, there's a chance that the votes are just random, but there's also a chance that it's an early bandgwagon pushed by the mafia (probably just one of them).
I believe the most likely is the second option (an early bandwagon pushed by mafia). However, I do not think the point of the bandwagon is a quick lynch, but to draw attention to some place by pressuring one player.

Also, I forget about one thing. L-3 is not a treat per se to the player, but it makes voting for that person a bit more complicated. If a person is already at L-3, unless you have serious reasons to vote for him, your vote (which would put that person at L-2) will be likely considered to be a bandwagon (especially if later on that players turns out to be townie). What I'm trying to say is that with Kmd at L-3, voting for him becomes difficult (not that I'm saying that we should all vote for him, just saying that in case of a vote against him), due to the likely assumption of such vote being a bandwagon. (I hope I'm making my point clear, I confused a lot as I wrote that ¬_¬)
Kmd4390 wrote:
Magus wrote:there's also a chance that it's an early bandgwagon pushed by the mafia (probably just one of them).
So one of the three is possibly scum? That's very close to the odds of any one player in this game being scum. How do you distinguish who, if anyone, on the wagon is scum?
You're right. However, if you see, no person that voted for you have withdrawn his vote. Why would they want to have a person at L-3, if the all of those votes were done in the rvs?
Tuberkulos wrote:@ Magus; could you explain what happened in your first game, that made you think ("learn") that being/putting someone at L-3 early in a game is always a bad thing?
In short, I was accused of scummy by putting someone at L-3... ¬_¬
Empking wrote:
Magus_Stragus wrote:
Tuberkulos wrote:
Magus_Stragus wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote: What are your thoughts on recent posts by ac and myself?
Well, first, I agree with you regarding that townies want the RVS to end as soon as possible to have more time for serious discussion. However, the RVS is important, as it lets us start with the game properly, and rushing it when we have not yet something to start with is not good, imo.
Let me get this straight; you mean that Empking was trying to rush the rvs by asking Kmd if his FoS was serious?
To put it simple, yes.

Would it be better if I continued to think that it was serious?
I don't know... In fact, I never expected my reaction to your post would throw us towards this way...
If God wanted us to see the beauty of sunrises, He would surely have put them after 10:00 am.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:38 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Magus_Stragus wrote:
Tuberkulos wrote:
I believe the most likely is the second option (an early bandwagon pushed by mafia). However, I do not think the point of the bandwagon is a quick lynch, but to draw attention to some place by pressuring one player.
L-3 isn't exactly a bandwagon, nor is it really anything scum can push. I'll give that maybe one scum could've been voting for them, but, like what was said earlier, that would be about as likely as one scum being in any other set of three players. I really think you are jumping to the conclusion that mafia are pushing a bandwagon. I wouldn't really consider it pushing a wagon unless there were two mafia on it, which I sincerely doubt.
Not a dayvig.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Slicey »

Hey, Magus!
Nameless wrote:

Kmd4390: 1 (Slicey)
As you can clearly see, only I am still voting for KMD. You're looking way too far into random votes. >_> There's a chance that one of them is scum, but not because they're trying to bandwagon KMD, which I doubt they are because it's the
RANDOM
VOTING STAGE.

I'm still debating on whether Magus is really stupid town or scum.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Oh, my bad. I missed that part. Still, calling names it's not a nice thing to do. >:(
If God wanted us to see the beauty of sunrises, He would surely have put them after 10:00 am.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by IH »

Shadowknight wrote:
@IH- yes, the bandwagon is the turning point from random votes to real. That's what I'm saying. Once it becomes a bandwagon, I'd like to hear why peoplea re voting that person. From what you've said I could see you saying "because everyone else is doing it". I personally don't think that's a good enough reason to vote, but it gives me something to work with as far as getting a feel for your motives. I find that bandwagons tend to give me more information about the people voting than the person being voted.
Depends. A random bandwagon? You're more likely to get information from someone that has nothing to do with the bandwagon, though only slightly. Once you're into the game a good ways? Then you can get alot of information from voters. Especially how the bandwagon progresses.
Magus wrote:Sorry, SK, I made a small mistake. My bad.

I still want to know why IH voted for me.
It was a joke that you had technically shouted out "I AM MAFIA".
Magus wrote:More like a treat, I see it as a possible scumtell. As I said, there's a chance that the votes are just random, but there's also a chance that it's an early bandgwagon pushed by the mafia (probably just one of them).
Unfotrunately there's just as likely a chance it's a random bandwagon pushed by the town.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Post by Tuberkulos »

Magus wrote:I believe the most likely is the second option (an early bandwagon pushed by mafia). However, I do not think the point of the bandwagon is a quick lynch, but to draw attention to some place by pressuring one player.
So you also think that Kmd is more likely town than scum?
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by Tuberkulos »

Magus wrote:I don't know if we would have gotten more valuable info. Usually rvs stages last for at least more than page 2. I also agree with you that it was my reaction (and the reaction of the other players towards my reaction) that ended the rvs.
Of course you can't know. But I didn't ask for what you know. I asked for what you think (believe).
Magus wrote:However, the RVS is important, as it lets us start with the game properly, and rushing it when we have not yet something to start with is not good, imo.
You said here that we need "something" before getting serious. I guess this "something" that you are talking about would lead us to information, right? So is it the length of the rvs in pages that matters, or the information we could gain from it? Or maybe it is both?

Could you also give me a concrete example of what this "something" could be?

vote: Magus
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:42 am

Post by BlakAdder »

@Kmd and afatchic: It's not that I'm against taking the random voting stage seriously. Are you saying deliberately misconstruing what people are saying is okay?
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Magus wrote: with Kmd at L-3, voting for him becomes difficult (not that I'm saying that we should all vote for him, just saying that in case of a vote against him), due to the likely assumption of such vote being a bandwagon
Why do you care if you get called out for bandwagoning?
Magus wrote:You're right. However, if you see, no person that voted for you have withdrawn his vote. Why would they want to have a person at L-3, if the all of those votes were done in the rvs?
Why wouldn't they? What's so scary about L-3?
Blak wrote:Are you saying deliberately misconstruing what people are saying is okay?
I'm saying that jumping on small things to get a game started is ok. You've seen me do it.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Nameless »

Shinnen_no_Me = Magus_Stragus.
Really
equals this time, as in I was PMed by both confirming it was the same player who wanted to use a different account. Meanwhile, ZEEnon has been prodded.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

sorry everyone for not posting recently, i have been a little busy. i will try to catch up. let's see, i'll start with this:
Magus_Stragus wrote:
Unvote. Vote: Empking
because of your urge to start the discussion, which means that you want to start lynching as soon as possible. :P
an urge to start discussion is usually viewed as pro-town .
Slicey wrote:Shadow Knight, three random votes on a person isn't that bad. >_>
it depends how you view it. when players start placing votes on you randomly, you may go on the defensive while some people may view it as if you are acting scummy. then the real scum (if you aren't actually mafia) will take advantage of the situation and blend their votes within an explanation of why the player being voted is suspicious.

oh also, i believe we are transitioning from the random voting stage so,
Unvote
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:12 pm

Post by Empking »

Why do people unvote because they're leaving the RVS.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:50 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Umm, because it's dumb to leave a random vote on someone who you don't want lynched? Duh.
Not a dayvig.
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:19 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

Leaving a vote on someone that you don't want lynched, isn't always dumb. Duh.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:55 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

ac1983fan wrote:Umm, because it's dumb to leave a random vote on someone who you don't want lynched? Duh.
Was afat in danger of being lynched? Would you have blamed ZEEnon if afat WAS lynched?
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:01 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

If that person is in no danger of being lynched, I would say it doesn't matter if you leave your vote on them.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Empking »

ZEEonn: Wht was your reason to unvote other than the end of the RVS.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:15 am

Post by ZEEnon »

Tuberkulos wrote:Leaving a vote on someone that you don't want lynched, isn't always dumb. Duh.
Actually yes, it is. I can't say
always
since it is possible they may be scum, but for the most part if you don't want them lynched and they get lynched, all of your motives will be in question .
Kmd4390 wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:Umm, because it's dumb to leave a random vote on someone who you don't want lynched? Duh.
Was afat in danger of being lynched? Would you have blamed ZEEnon if afat WAS lynched?
If I was another player and I saw 'ZEEnon' not take off his random vote and perhaps the amount of votes needed for a lynch accumulated, I would definitely be on him. I have seen scum be the first person to vote someone, with the other scum following at the end of the bandwagon.
Empking wrote:ZEEonn: Wht was your reason to unvote other than the end of the RVS.
That was the only reason. I clearly stated that in my post, so you should have been able to read it.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

ZEEnon wrote:If I was another player and I saw 'ZEEnon' not take off his random vote and perhaps the amount of votes needed for a lynch accumulated, I would definitely be on him.
Putting aside the fact that that wasn't directed at you, you wouldn't look at the people who quicklynched before you COULD remove your random vote? (I love it when I can use the same word twice in a row and still have it be grammatically correct. Even better when I can do it twice in one sentence.)
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

ZEEnon wrote:
Tuberkulos wrote:Leaving a vote on someone that you don't want lynched, isn't always dumb. Duh.
Actually yes, it is. I can't say
always
since it is possible they may be scum, but for the most part if you don't want them lynched and they get lynched, all of your motives will be in question.
Of course you wouldn't leave your vote long enough for a lynch to occur...
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

Kmd4390 wrote:
ZEEnon wrote:If I was another player and I saw 'ZEEnon' not take off his random vote and perhaps the amount of votes needed for a lynch accumulated, I would definitely be on him.
Putting aside the fact that that wasn't directed at you, you wouldn't look at the people who
quicklynched
before you COULD remove your random vote? (I love it when I can use the same word twice in a row and still have it be grammatically correct. Even better when I can do it twice in one sentence.)
Who mentioned anything about a quicklynch?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”