Newbie 732 - Abandoned

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:51 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Welcome back, folks. Actarus was town - oops - but I think we guessed as well as we could.

Fypo's death, however, confirms that he was protecting the cop with that roleclaim; and it suggests that we don't have a doc.
Alternatively, the doc might have picked someone else, or a roleblocker could have successfully targeted them.
But my guess is that we're doc-free.
Honko
Honko
Townie
Honko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:04 am

Post by Honko »

Fypo hid a message with tiny font inside a quote of one of my posts saying his claim was fake. I think it's post 87 or 88 (just checked and already forgot, it's late). I noticed right away but didn't point it out obviously because I didn't want to waste whatever he was doing.
Honk Honk
blizzire
blizzire
Townie
blizzire
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:45 am

Post by blizzire »

I am not the cop that was a ploy real cop stay hidden. That what he said Honko.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Should we assume that the mafia didn't find it, or that they knew and thought it was a bluff, or that they hit him because he was very plausibly town?
luchs
luchs
Townie
luchs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by luchs »

so lets see there are now 5 townies and 2 scum.
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Infinis »

Furpants_Tom wrote:Oh, and remember; don't lynch the hammerer.
I see, exonerating the hammerer preemptively, very town. Now I regret not being the hammer...which leads me to...

@orangepenguin Nice flip/flop for the hammer, risky gambit...unless Furpants is your scum buddy?
orangepenguin wrote:
luchs wrote:
Tucking Fypo wrote:Alright, I want to spice things up a bit. I am the cop.

I demand protection tonight. At this point I am either going to investigate OrangePenguin or Infinis.
What if there is no doctor?
What if there is no cop?

Why me and Infinis? Any particular reasons? Was it because I random voted you?
Good reason to kill tucking_fypo, for you or scum who wants to frame you
orangepenguin wrote:
Mod: what time of the day is the deadline?
Desperately signaling scum buddy at L-1?
orangepenguin wrote:A player you think could be scum: Actarus, because he is active lurking and not really helping us by not communicating with the rest of the town. Also, despite his claims otherwise, he seems to want/think we have to random vote day 1.

A player you think could be scum: luch, because he seems to be bandwagoning shortly after I voted him, and basically said nothing new about it, recyling what's been said already about him.

A player you kinda trust: Furpants, because he is very vocal and intent at the moment for the town to speak up and discuss and stuff. Plus, he has information he is withholding, which indicates to me that he is someone to trust.

A player you kinda trust: secret_agent, because he hasn't said anything scummy yet. :P (
mod: prod?
)
So you vote Furpants who you trusted and then the aforementioned flip-flop hammer on Actarus?

At this point I can't decide who to vote first orange or furpants...

Vote: Orange Penguin
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Infinis wrote:
Furpants_Tom wrote:Oh, and remember; don't lynch the hammerer.
I see, exonerating the hammerer preemptively, very town. Now I regret not being the hammer...which leads me to...

@orangepenguin Nice flip/flop for the hammer, risky gambit...unless Furpants is your scum buddy?

I didn't really flipflop, I thought both had an equal shot at being scum. Actarus a bit moreso than Tom, but after his little lie, he moved up the list quite a bit. Actarus flipped town though, so..

orangepenguin wrote:
luchs wrote:
Tucking Fypo wrote:Alright, I want to spice things up a bit. I am the cop.

I demand protection tonight. At this point I am either going to investigate OrangePenguin or Infinis.
What if there is no doctor?
What if there is no cop?

Why me and Infinis? Any particular reasons? Was it because I random voted you?
Good reason to kill tucking_fypo, for you or scum who wants to frame you
Based off of that WIFOM, you're basically implicating yourself too. Yet you ignore that.

orangepenguin wrote:
Mod: what time of the day is the deadline?
Desperately signaling scum buddy at L-1?

You're reaching, aren't you? The mod never clarified when the deadline was. Not sure how that is even scummy.

orangepenguin wrote:A player you think could be scum: Actarus, because he is active lurking and not really helping us by not communicating with the rest of the town. Also, despite his claims otherwise, he seems to want/think we have to random vote day 1.

A player you think could be scum: luch, because he seems to be bandwagoning shortly after I voted him, and basically said nothing new about it, recyling what's been said already about him.

A player you kinda trust: Furpants, because he is very vocal and intent at the moment for the town to speak up and discuss and stuff. Plus, he has information he is withholding, which indicates to me that he is someone to trust.

A player you kinda trust: secret_agent, because he hasn't said anything scummy yet. :P (
mod: prod?
)
So you vote Furpants who you trusted and then the aforementioned flip-flop hammer on Actarus?

I trusted him at the time. When he revealed that he lied and everything, my opinion about him changed dramatically.

At this point I can't decide who to vote first orange or furpants...

Vote: Orange Penguin

Bolding mine (minus the op vote).

"At this point, I can't decide who to vote first" Furpants, for yesterday's behavior, or Infinis, for his craplogic.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

For now, I am just going to stick with a vote for Furpants though.
vote: Furpants
luchs
luchs
Townie
luchs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by luchs »

This game is still dying, I thought day 2 would get more conversation.

Anyone have thoughts on scum?

Or thoughts on townies?(if you have thoughts on townies, and think they are a certain role, don't say so)
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Well, I think Honko is town. I realise it's WIFOM, but he seems to have known about the Post 87 easter egg prior to nightfall, and Typo was still killed. I think the mafia would have picked someone else for the nk if they hadn't thought he might be the cop.

I'm very certain that blizzire is town.

I still think luchs is town; but again, I have no particular reasons for doing so, at least none I can nail down.

I can think of a possible explanation for orangepenguin's vote; but it's not the one he nominated. And since, if it were true, I'd be rudely interrupting someone's gambit, I'll keep it under my hat. I stand by yesterday's comments that there will always be a reaction against the hammerer; and I don't believe that orange's switch was dodgy enough to vote for him. It did save my bacon, though, so I guess you can safely discount my views on that one.

I remain suspicious of Infinis. Orange is right, most of his logic is rubbish, but at least he's making an effort to talk. He withdrew his vote when it got critical, and when he was the only man in play he dithered, trying to avoid having to cast the hammer-vote, and was beaten to the punch by orangepenguin. I find this avoidance extremely troubling. If you thought I was scum, as you so often said yesterday, why didn't you take the chance when you had it. Sorta seems like you were hoping the town would do your dirty work for you.

roflcopter - wherefore art thou, roflcopter? This is your sort of day, isn't it? Nice and quiet, no-one giving out pesky information that might assist the town. If you think I'm still the guy for execution, come and give us your analysis of yesterday, tell us what happened and why.
blizzire
blizzire
Townie
blizzire
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by blizzire »

Vote:roflcopter
If he is mafia, Furpants_Tom and he are doing the vote for each other plan.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

blizzire wrote:
Vote:roflcopter
If he is mafia, Furpants_Tom and he are doing the vote for each other plan.
You mean bussing? :wink:

@rofl: I saw you post elsewhere, so why not here?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by roflcopter »

this game requires more of a time investment per post than my other games. i'll have that kind of time tomorrow.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Honko
Honko
Townie
Honko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by Honko »

I'm very certain that blizzire is town.
Why? I don't really see a reason to suspect him anymore, but I haven't seen anything that would make me confident he's town either.
Honk Honk
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Vote Count

orangepenguin: (1) Infinis
Furpants_Tom: (1) orangepenguin
roflcopter: (1) blizzire

Not voting: Honko, Furpants_Tom, luchs, roflcopter

Four votes to lynch. Deadline: March 9
Do you want your possessions identified?
blizzire
blizzire
Townie
blizzire
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:47 am

Post by blizzire »

And what would be the "elsewhere" where I post Orange Penguin?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:35 am

Post by orangepenguin »

That was "@rofl", not you, and he seems to know where he posted.
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Infinis »

Furpants_Tom wrote:...
I remain suspicious of Infinis. Orange is right, most of his logic is rubbish, but at least he's making an effort to talk. He withdrew his vote when it got critical, and when he was the only man in play he dithered, trying to avoid having to cast the hammer-vote, and was beaten to the punch by orangepenguin. I find this avoidance extremely troubling. If you thought I was scum, as you so often said yesterday, why didn't you take the chance when you had it. Sorta seems like you were hoping the town would do your dirty work for you.
Well Tom I was honestly weighing your efforts to move along the conversation vs that stunt of a vanilla claim.

I didn't think Actarus was scum, but I was hoping for exactly what happened, someone to flip flop from your wagon to his. I never expected it would be Orange penguin, and that he would present a decent argument.

vote Orange Penguin
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I really don't understand why you didn't place a vote on Furpants if you didn't think Actarus was scum. Or at least place your vote somewhere. You were hoping someone would leave the person you thought was scummy and hammer the person you thought were town? That doesn't really make much sense to me.

unvote, vote: infinis

I stated my opinions on both Tom and Actarus. I thought both were scummy at the end of Day 1. I was wrong about Actarus, obviously, but so was everyone else that was voting him. True, I moved my vote multiple times, from one wagon, to another, but I thought they both had an equal chance of being scum. In the end, Actarus was lynched.

Standing off in the sidelines, hiding your opinions day 1, and not bothering to place a vote and scummy IMO. Were you active lurking as well?
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Infinis »

orangepenguin wrote:I really don't understand why you didn't place a vote on Furpants if you didn't think Actarus was scum. Or at least place your vote somewhere. You were hoping someone would leave the person you thought was scummy and hammer the person you thought were town? That doesn't really make much sense to me.

unvote, vote: infinis

I stated my opinions on both Tom and Actarus. I thought both were scummy at the end of Day 1. I was wrong about Actarus, obviously, but so was everyone else that was voting him. True, I moved my vote multiple times, from one wagon, to another, but I thought they both had an equal chance of being scum. In the end, Actarus was lynched.

Standing off in the sidelines, hiding your opinions day 1, and not bothering to place a vote and scummy IMO. Were you active lurking as well?
I mentioned way before I was placed in the postition of hammer that I had a theory. I thought that the maifa, was not coordinated enough to lynch either of Actarus or Furpants earlier. The reason being that one of the two were mafia and the other wagon had not hit the critical mass of town votes to push through a lynch with mafia votes.

If I was scum I would have hammered immediately and gone oops my bad. I made a simple mistake, sorry...and then redirect to an innocent townie. Hmm, sounds familiar.

This makes you scum in my book.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

That makes sense only if I'm scum, though. What if there were two townies up for the chop?
You would know that you were in a win/win situation, and that the only possible outcome of hammering yourself would be to increase suspicion on you when you "got it wrong". I'd given you some cover, by expounding my theory that scum don't hammer on Day 1, but you might realistically have feared that you would then be accused of linking yourself to me as a scumbuddy. The way to avoid this would have been to kill me at night, proving my statements non-scummy; but it seemed like a better play to take a shot at Fypo, who might have been the cop, and then try to link me and the hammerer as scumbuddies the next day, with yourself completely innocent of hanging the wrong guy.

Of course, this scenario only really applies if I'm innocent and Infinis is guilty.

There's also the possibility that we're both guilty, and that Infinis just wasn't quite sure whether he wanted to bus me or not. Or that Infinis is innocent, I'm either guilty or innocent, and he was genuinely uncertain/didn't want to attract guilt by making the call. But the scenario where I'm innocent and Infinis is guilty is the only one where Infinis has made a methodical and sensible play, rather than just being indecisive; so I would tend towards believing that version.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:28 am

Post by roflcopter »

i'm out of town and posting this from my phone. i'll be back home on the 26th, i won't be able to really read or post before then.
mod
: please consider me v/la.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

OK, that means he'll be back in time for most of today. I don't want to lynch anyone before I've seen his analysis of yesterday, so I'll continue to hold my vote back. At this point, I'd be curious to see Infinis' true colours via the medium of hanging, but I would also not mind seeing rofl on the block.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Slow game is slooooooooow. Luchs, honko, blizzire, what do you think of infinis and/or orangepenguin?
luchs
luchs
Townie
luchs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by luchs »

Yes this is going slow.

Before I post my thoughts on ROFLcopter I want to hear him talk

Honko, and blizzire, seem to be fairly inactive, but yet again I wasn't posting either in that last exchange.

Furpants, I really hope you are town, you talk, post plenty, and use logic, but when I and others are mafia sometimes we do a better job at playing town, and just keep mislynching. But for now I say we keep you.

Infinis, well I'm neutral on him, for a while I thought he might be scum, and then town.

Will post more later.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”