Braeden
Braeden
Goon
Braeden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Braeden »

@Tajo, I support the Slicey lynch. I believe I said that before, that is why I havent changed our vote.
"The myths die hard, especially within the Mafia.├óÔé¼
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by Santos »

@Brandi, i am entirely confused by your post. Can you elaborate further on what you mean?
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

I'm sorry that I have neglected this game. Right now I support my other head, but I plan to read the game again more thoroughly tomorrow night.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Slicey »

I still like my Santos vote.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Santos »

But not your vote for BSG? Thats just racist, bra.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:02 pm

Post by ortolan »

Slicey is looking more and more obv-scum with this indecisive crap (he said in about 3 posts that he "had a bad gut on me", which just happened to coincide with me being wagoned with crap logic by BSG and others. Rather opportunistic.) Shame it took Kmd to make essentially the same arguments as me but in more detail to get his wagon off the ground, but it needs more votes before an incompetent town mislynches the pair of me and increasingly obv-town Empking.

Don't understand Raging Rabbit defending Slicey so strongly either in not one but two posts. He should know better.

Vote: Slicey

Consider me to have a permanent vote on Slicey at this point i.e. even if Empking changes my vote I can still hammer him if necessary, unless he should present me with reason not to. Ironically enough I don't actually disagree particularly with Empking's vote either.

Narsis is also a fan of crappy aged wagons featuring craplogic.
Narsis (416) wrote:hmm...to be honest i'm not sure who to vote for. i find Santos kind of distracting. that's not something i see as very townie like. besides Slicey's contradiction and early claim i don't really see him as scum either. empking is being well...empking, although ort is giving me a wierd vibe, especially this post:
ortolan wrote:just a quick comment to avoid Empking possibly taking me to the gallows with him:

He has a scummy (very scummy) meta, please read his recent games and see how likely he is to be lynched versus how many times he actually is scum (no offense, Empking). Yes, I am trying to save my own skin here :P
if empking really is scum and you are town you should be more then willing to sacrifice yourself for the town. even so, empking is just being empking.

without the two-headed thing my vote would most definitly go to Santos. however, with the two heads...i'm feeling a little more inclined towards an Ort/Emp lynch.
You swallow the crap argument pushed by BSG earlier and regurgitate it in a somehow even worse form. You do this by quoting something said on Page 2 for which I've already had my name repeatedly dragged through the mud for based on craplogic. Couldn't find any posts made by me more recently to quote to make me look scummy? Funny that.

It's pretty obvious I made myself a scum-target by my, admittedly premature, cautioning of Empking's meta. This allows scum like yourself to run amok and interpret a "meta defence" scum-tell into my words even though that's not actually what I said- I said beware of Empking looking scum cause he's often townie in that scenario (which I have said in other games also and only have more reason to say so in this game). This is not saying "Empking looks town", how the fuck would I have known whether he was town or not on page fucking two?
FoS: Narsis
and
BSG

That said, Empking actually does look more town to me this game than he usually does, he is voting for scum-meister BSG after all.

IronTurkey is a neutral read but Slicey is so obv-scum that I'll take the 95%/~35% chance of scum pair, the alternative is simply to no lynch which as an option does not seem to be in favour presently.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:04 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Narsis wrote:without the two-headed thing my vote would most definitly go to Santos. however, with the two heads...i'm feeling a little more inclined towards an Ort/Emp lynch.
So, then, you appear to like BSG.

I'm still in the process of reading through, so forgive me if I've missed something blindingly obvious; but what about BSG makes you not want him dead?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Empking »

I'm not gpoing to move my vote as Slicey is one of the scummiest players, I don't think its the scummiest pair but its good enough.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:02 am

Post by populartajo »

Extreme V/LA until Thursday.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Slicey »

ortolan wrote:Slicey is looking more and more obv-scum with this indecisive crap (he said in about 3 posts that he "had a bad gut on me", which just happened to coincide with me being wagoned with crap logic by BSG and others. Rather opportunistic.) Shame it took Kmd to make essentially the same arguments as me but in more detail to get his wagon off the ground, but it needs more votes before an incompetent town mislynches the pair of me and increasingly obv-town Empking.
This paragraph is full of fail. Empking has done nothing to prove that he's obv-town. Yes, I said I had a bad gut on you, but I decided to vote for Santos because I feel he's more scummy than you. I'm not so sure now after this paragraph.

I will, however,
Unvote
, because I feel BSG is town. Not that it will matter at this point, cause you guys are about to lynch (probably two) townies. >_>
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Nice AtE.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:40 am

Post by BSG »

Do you guys sometimes have that little voice in your head, saying that something happened in the past which would be funny to quote right now? Of course, it could be the penguin, but anyway, that voice is talking to me right now. See here, said quote:
Ortolan wrote:It's getting boring talking about it (my meta defence of Empking) now, really.
And look who's bringing it up again. Don't blame me that I get the feeling now that this is just to give us an impression that you've read this game, while not doing so.
As for the reason why this is funny, I haven't said a thing about it lately, yet you FoS me for it. After a long time, you decide to FoS me, for something you tried to wave away. And then I would like to know why that is. I can even find a nice quote of yours in that post which can be applied here as well.

Anyway, your meta argument that you've meta defenced Empking before is bogus. See here, your quote from Alpha:
Ortolan wrote:About Empking: yes, he looks scummy. I have previously played with him in a game where we were scumbuddies, and he also looked scummy in that. I'm in I believe two ongoing games with him (this and another, there might be one more I can't think of also)
and think he looks scummy in both of them
. I do also recall someone specifically saying he has a scummy meta. So currently I'm probably neutral on him.
As someone who has played with Empking before, I'm aware of his meta (long time ago Emp.) But that shouldn't be a reason to not lynch him. Or even worse, defend him. As for the neutral part of this quote, it didn't look like that in the other ongoing game (not allowed to quote from that one).
As for your blatant misrep of:
Ortolan wrote:This is not saying "Empking looks town", how the fuck would I have known whether he was town or not on page fucking two?
Read what I've said again. Because I didn't say this at all.
I'll also let Narsis have a go at you before I respond to that part.

Also, Julien, DIE!
If you're still wondering why, it has something to do with pink!

EDIT: What's AtE? O.o
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Appeal to emotion.

Also BSG, off topic but do you know why Zazie hasn't been around lately?
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:52 am

Post by BSG »

Why? Would you like to see her again :twisted:

Of course I know ;). School and such. I don't know when she gets back, but I think soon as we're having a holiday in less than a week. You know, you could have just PM'ed her as she gets online once in a while (she's having her turn soon at modding and she's in one mish mash game if I'm correct).
But I think that you'll be one of the first who will know when she gets back :D
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Slicey »

Kmd4390 wrote:Appeal to emotion.
Yeah...no. >_>
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:22 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Slicey wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Appeal to emotion.
Yeah...no. >_>
Slicey wrote: cause you guys are about to lynch (probably two) townies. >_>
Yeah.
BSG wrote:Why? Would you like to see her again :twisted:

Of course I know ;). School and such. I don't know when she gets back, but I think soon as we're having a holiday in less than a week. You know, you could have just PM'ed her as she gets online once in a while (she's having her turn soon at modding and she's in one mish mash game if I'm correct).
But I think that you'll be one of the first who will know when she gets back :D
Just /in'd. :lol:
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:46 am

Post by Slicey »

Just saying the truth.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:27 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Santos wrote:Furthermore, if we fail in a lynch today (no lynch, or town lynch) scum will probably NK UR which will make it a great reason to have me lynched by saying I now have a personal vendetta against UR; I don't.

If we hit scum, then, well, you know...hurray!
Why does this seem to me like scum trying to instill WIFOM?
ort wrote:Shame it took Kmd to make essentially the same arguments as me but in more detail to get his wagon off the ground, but it needs more votes before an incompetent town mislynches the pair of me and increasingly obv-town Empking.
I didn't realize the both of you were close to lynch. As well, aren't the two votes on you from people who haven't checked in for awhile? Seems a little bit like you're a little too concerned for self-preservation.

I do however agree with you that Narsis doesn't seem to be producing any original ideas.

My mind isn't quite in tune with this game at moment - I need to do a small reread and see exactly who I want to vote for.
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:07 am

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

ShadowGirl wrote:
Santos wrote:Furthermore, if we fail in a lynch today (no lynch, or town lynch) scum will probably NK UR which will make it a great reason to have me lynched by saying I now have a personal vendetta against UR; I don't.

If we hit scum, then, well, you know...hurray!
Why does this seem to me like scum trying to instill WIFOM?
Because that is most likely what it is...
ShadowGirl wrote:
ort wrote:Shame it took Kmd to make essentially the same arguments as me but in more detail to get his wagon off the ground, but it needs more votes before an incompetent town mislynches the pair of me and increasingly obv-town Empking.
I didn't realize the both of you were close to lynch. As well, aren't the two votes on you from people who haven't checked in for awhile? Seems a little bit like you're a little too concerned for self-preservation.

I do however agree with you that Narsis doesn't seem to be producing any original ideas.

My mind isn't quite in tune with this game at moment - I need to do a small reread and see exactly who I want to vote for.
They had the most votes at the time of posting, I believe...

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and stick my (And Budja's) vote on Slicey for pressure, as I doubt Budja will have any problems with it...
Vote: Slicey

I need to re-read Narsis prolly, didn't pay much attention to him...
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Santos »

WIFOM, whatever. I could have poisoned both the glasses.

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Budja »

I agree with URoE with the vote.

However I don't see how Slicey needs a vote for pressure. That part makes little sense to me.
I'd like to hear more from Ironturkey.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by Narsis »

sorry about recent inactivity. been busy. gotta go. will post something of mroe substance later...hopefully.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Post by ortolan »

Slicey (434) wrote:This paragraph is full of fail. Empking has done nothing to prove that he's obv-town. Yes, I said I had a bad gut on you, but I decided to vote for Santos because I feel he's more scummy than you. I'm not so sure now after this paragraph.

I will, however,
Unvote
, because I feel BSG is town. Not that it will matter at this point, cause you guys are about to lynch (probably two) townies. >_>
In this post scum realises it's now definitely down to a me/Empking lynch or a Slicey/IronTurkey lynch and wants to pave the way to get himself off the block by voting us.

And just because you don't have enough experience generally/with Empking specifically to realise he is more than likely town this game doesn't mean I don't (this conclusion is separate to my initial cautioning of Empking's meta, despite what BSG would have you believe).
Slicey (434) wrote:Yes, I said I had a bad gut on you, but I decided to vote for Santos because I feel he's more scummy than you. I'm not so sure now after this paragraph.
Yer, that's real convincing. Pre-emptive OMGUS, too.
BSG (436) wrote:And look who's bringing it up again. Don't blame me that I get the feeling now that this is just to give us an impression that you've read this game, while not doing so.
Wait
What?
Where does this even come from? Highly ironically me bringing this up resulted directly from re-reading the entire game. You spent a lot of time attacking me for a null-tell rather than doing any good scum-hunting today, don't think it will go unnoticed. If not today then later.
BSG (436) wrote:Anyway, your meta argument that you've meta defenced Empking before is bogus. See here, your quote from Alpha:
Ortolan wrote:About Empking: yes, he looks scummy. I have previously played with him in a game where we were scumbuddies, and he also looked scummy in that. I'm in I believe two ongoing games with him (this and another, there might be one more I can't think of also)
. I do also recall someone specifically saying he has a scummy meta. So currently I'm probably neutral on him.
Amazing. You actually go to the effort of looking this up, but then are oblivious to the fact that it very, very, very strongly supports everything I've said this game, and in absolutely no way contradicts it. Yes, the argument I made is that "Without the benefit of meta, Empking looks objectively scummy. He always looks like this though, so he is a neutral read." The fact he looked scummy as he always does
doesn't
make him town, but it makes him not really more likely to be scum than the prior, setup probability." So please tell me any way in which what you quoted contradicts what I said this game, or were you hoping no-one was actually paying attention and further crap-logic is what you needed to take the wagon to a lynch?
BSG (436) wrote:As someone who has played with Empking before, I'm aware of his meta (long time ago Emp.) But that shouldn't be a reason to not lynch him. Or even worse, defend him.
Meta is in some cases extremely valid. In many games, including this one I would be reluctant to lynch Empking based on my previous experience with him. So no, you are outright wrong here.
BSG (436) wrote:As for the neutral part of this quote, it didn't look like that in the other ongoing game (not allowed to quote from that one).
Strictly speaking, you are allowed to neither quote nor reference it. You slip in that "it didn't look like that in the other ongoing game", knowing the point will stick because I can't quote it to potentially prove you wrong. Nice play, scum.
BSG (436) wrote:As for the reason why this is funny, I haven't said a thing about it lately, yet you FoS me for it. After a long time, you decide to FoS me, for something you tried to wave away. And then I would like to know why that is. I can even find a nice quote of yours in that post which can be applied here as well.
Bullshit. Here's what happened. I say something about Empking's meta, because I was none too happy about being paired with him to begin with- a general cautioning that he looks more scummy than he probably is (based on fact people are town about 75% of the town, and Empking looks scummy ~90% of the time, odds are him looking scummy does not entail him being scum strongly at all), which anyone who's played with him should be aware.

A whole bunch of people, not all of them opportunistic scum probably (;)), criticise me for this, probably rightly initially. Then when the issue should be over and done with I get several people later in the day suggesting a vote on me because of it (Slicey, others IIRC, possibly Narsis and yourself implicitly). Obviously I still need to defend myself, if I'm going to be lynched for such a crappy reason. Then BSG the hero comes in and accuses me of dwelling on something "everyone had moved on from", except they were going to vote and potentially lynch me for it.

I'm yet to see a good reason for what I said about Empking in the opening stages of the game actually being scummy either, which just deepens my conviction that BSG is being highly, highly, highly disingenuous. Scum.
BSG (436) wrote:Read what I've said again. Because I didn't say this at all.
I'll also let Narsis have a go at you before I respond to that part.
Pretty sure the
only
argument you have against me relies on continually misquoting me then basically implying I'm not allowed to defend myself. So let's not get too sanctimonious about our "wording".
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:42 am

Post by BSG »

Ortolan wrote:
BSG (436) wrote:And look who's bringing it up again. Don't blame me that I get the feeling now that this is just to give us an impression that you've read this game, while not doing so.
Wait
What?
Where does this even come from? Highly ironically me bringing this up resulted directly from re-reading the entire game. You spent a lot of time attacking me for a null-tell rather than doing any good scum-hunting today, don't think it will go unnoticed. If not today then later.
You wanted to stop this talk as it 'bored' you. Yet, you're the one who brings it up after a re-read. Not only that, it's what you mostly discuss. You talk about Slicey, a post from Narsis and you mention that you see Empking as Town, and that you have a neutral read on IT. The first two is due to something you don't see as a scumtell, while I do (and apparently Narsis and Slicey as well) and the other two you don't state a reason for. And no, the reason why you see Empking is town isn't a reason as he voted Santos. I'm included in that one.
As for not scumhunting, look at your own posts first. It has most of the time been you defending against the attacks of the meta defence. You haven't even stated why you FoSed me after all that time. This just comes across as OMGUS.
Ortolan wrote:
BSG (436) wrote:Anyway, your meta argument that you've meta defenced Empking before is bogus. See here, your quote from Alpha:
Amazing. You actually go to the effort of looking this up, but then are oblivious to the fact that it very, very, very strongly supports everything I've said this game, and in absolutely no way contradicts it. Yes, the argument I made is that "Without the benefit of meta, Empking looks objectively scummy. He always looks like this though, so he is a neutral read." The fact he looked scummy as he always does
doesn't
make him town, but it makes him not really more likely to be scum than the prior, setup probability." So please tell me any way in which what you quoted contradicts what I said this game, or were you hoping no-one was actually paying attention and further crap-logic is what you needed to take the wagon to a lynch?
Of course, I'll look it up. You used it as a defence. A defence should always be checked as it could easily be bogus. You actually did find him scummy in those games. But because he's scummy in all his games, he would be neutral. You're just giving him a free pass each game, which is unacceptable, but that is a difference in our opinion and shouldn't be discussed here.
But anyway, in both other games, you brought it up after Empking got some heat. Yet, you brought it here up at the start of this game. Only because you two are sharing one body. However, Slicey could have used a lurker defence of Ani. IT could have used a defence of Slicey as he was lynched in two games day 1. I could make up a defence of Santos. Yet none of us did, while these would be valid as well. You even admitted that Empking could still be scum, yet you defended just to save yourself. And then this defence of Alpha becomes bogus. Because you have two different goals. Alpha was to let other players know that Empking has been scummy, but is in all games. In this game, it was to save yourself.
Ortolan wrote:
BSG (436) wrote:As for the neutral part of this quote, it didn't look like that in the other ongoing game (not allowed to quote from that one).
Strictly speaking, you are allowed to neither quote nor reference it. You slip in that "it didn't look like that in the other ongoing game", knowing the point will stick because I can't quote it to potentially prove you wrong. Nice play, scum.
You're wrong. You're not allowed to discuss any ongoing game outside said game. And we're not discussing it right now. But I think that the players should know how bad your defence actually is. As I'm not allowed to quote it, I'll let them look at it themselves. And you're not the one who is allowed to give comments about this.
Ortolan wrote:A whole bunch of people, not all of them opportunistic scum probably (;)), criticise me for this, probably rightly initially. Then when the issue should be over and done with I get several people later in the day suggesting a vote on me because of it (Slicey, others IIRC, possibly Narsis and yourself implicitly). Obviously I still need to defend myself, if I'm going to be lynched for such a crappy reason. Then BSG the hero comes in and accuses me of dwelling on something "everyone had moved on from", except they were going to vote and potentially lynch me for it.
Yes, it's very scummy to have a life besides mafia. Hello, Penguin to human, I talked about this on the same day you came with your defence. So your accusation in this quote makes no sense.
Ortolan wrote:Pretty sure the
only
argument you have against me relies on continually misquoting me then basically implying I'm not allowed to defend
myself
. So let's not get too sanctimonious about our "wording".
Braeden becomes scummy-KMD doesn't defend.
Slicey becomes scummy-IT doesn't defend.
Santos becomes scummy-BSG doesn't defend.
Empking isn't seen as scummy-Ortolan does defend.
Conclusion: something's fishy.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:34 am

Post by populartajo »

Id be very surprised if Slicey and/or Santos is scum.
Empking deserves to die, IMO.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”