Newbie 732 - Abandoned

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
blizzire
blizzire
Townie
blizzire
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by blizzire »

Don't prod me, I was busy playing spore the last few days. I'm sorry for that.
luchs
luchs
Townie
luchs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by luchs »

Wow this game is dead, hmmm who to vote for?
Tucking Fypo
Tucking Fypo
Townie
Tucking Fypo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Tucking Fypo »

Since we need to have a consensus the guy I am most suspicious of is Actarus. I am willing to lynch him.

Vote: Actarus
blizzire
blizzire
Townie
blizzire
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by blizzire »

The first day ends in this Friday. Who are the most suspected? I read the whole thread already.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:00 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Actarus is looking pretty likely; and I have to say that, barring a switch towards roflcopter, I'll be casting my vote for him/her on the 14th.

Actarus - if you're actually town, that means your thoughts are going to be extremely important on the morning of Day 2; once your status is verified. Do you have any thoughts on individuals you could share with us?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:14 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Vote Count

Actarus: (3) orangepenguin, Honko, Tucking Fypo
Furpants_Tom: (1) roflcopter
roflcopter: (1) Furpants_Tom

Not voting: Actarus, blizzire, Infinis, luchs

Five votes to lynch. Deadline: February 14
Actarus and orangepenguin have been prodded.
Do you want your possessions identified?
Actarus
Actarus
Townie
Actarus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:54 am

Post by Actarus »

Furpants_Tom wrote:Actarus is looking pretty likely; and I have to say that, barring a switch towards roflcopter, I'll be casting my vote for him/her on the 14th.

Actarus - if you're actually town, that means your thoughts are going to be extremely important on the morning of Day 2; once your status is verified. Do you have any thoughts on individuals you could share with us?
Sorry, but I have no knowledge / insight into anyone else's role at the moment. I shared my feelings on a typical day phase 1, and there's a reason I've voted on no one. If a lynch of me goes through, it'd be a mislynch and should make everyone think twice.

Things should become more evident by day phase 2 hopefully. If the town honestly believes me to be scum, so be it. But ask yourself if this is truly what you believe before throwing your vote down.
blizzire
blizzire
Townie
blizzire
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:24 am

Post by blizzire »

Could it be possible for the two mafia dudes to vote for each other? Like A and B are mafia and A votes B who votes A
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:04 am

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Sure could! If you're implying that me and roflcopter are scum; that's entirely possible. I've got inside information on myself, so I know it's not true; but it's both a legitimate tactic and a legitimate fear. So, what's your vote?
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Infinis »

I'm curious what exactly will the lynch of Actarus will reveal.

If he's scum, does that exonerate the wagon? If he's town, then do we look harder at his detractors?

I'm going to
vote luchs
I do not like the tone of his recent posts
luchs
luchs
Townie
luchs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by luchs »

That is fine Infinis but really the game has died down it is time to lynch someone, I don't think it should be actarus yet though. If it must be me thats fine, but really when in about a 24 hour period there is three posts.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

I have no idea what any lynch will reveal at this point. Our chances of it revealing something are greater if we encourage more conversation today - which is why I'm not voting for Actarus yet; but the game seems to have slowed down significantly.

If he's scum, no, it doesn't exonerate the wagon. But it's a point in their favour. If he's town, then yes, we definitely look harder at his detractors. Just saying WIFOM over and over doesn't automatically mean that everything we think we know is useless. There are no magic bullets here, just patterns of evidence that we can try and deduce risky conclusions from.
Honko
Honko
Townie
Honko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by Honko »

Furpants, can you explain again why you're confident roflcopter is a scum possibility? You talk about it in so many of your posts, but I still don't see it....plus we need something to talk about at the moment :P
Honk Honk
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Infinis wrote:If he's scum, does that exonerate the wagon? If he's town, then do we look harder at his detractors?
No, because scum could've bussed. If he's town, then no, other town don't know his alignment. Him flipping either way does not clear anyone really, but if he is town, it's a good place to look the next day, even though it's possible that scum was never voting him.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Mainly because he tried to shut down the conversation back at 117 by
a) dodging the conversation about my survey results
b) changing the subject to me, which, with wasn't exactly productive.
c) telling people not to roleclaim or disclose other useful information, while at the same time accusing me of scumminess for holding back info,
d) generally taking a swing at people who were contributing without actually producing any useful info of his own.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:31 am

Post by roflcopter »

posting this afternoon
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:44 am

Post by roflcopter »

tom wrote:I'll say it. You ducked a debate that was giving us some interesting info, and you've popped up now to change the subject to me personally. That's just a little dodgy.
i didn't duck anything, and i didn't change the subject either. my subject had been you all along.
tom wrote:Yep; I wouldn't be voting for them tomorrow, even if it was you. Hammering on N1 is dumb scum play; so I wouldn't be voting for them unless they revealed themselves as particularly dumb scum.
if you're town thats just a stupid thing to say. if you're scum, it makes sense, as you'll either be making a friend of whatever townie drops the hammer or giving the blanket pass to your scumpartner.
tom wrote:I believe the town wins or loses on the information the can gather and share. The mafia will always know more; so withholding information as a townie hurts the town more than it does the mafia
i agree with this part to a large extent. the part i don't agree on is..
Roleclaiming is more complex, of course; but I don't believe there is any advantage to the town in keeping my unverified thoughts to myself.
this. you claim and the cop claim were both uncalled for and have definitely hurt the town. this is just a theory disagreement between us though, so there's really no point wasting space discussing it further.
tom wrote:I'm not sure what you think; but you seem to want everyone to keep just about anything important to themselves. I fail to see how this benefits the town in any way.
that is certainly not true. you're mischaracterizing my position re: roleclaims
Actarus wrote:
Tucking Fypo wrote:How is posting more considered to be scummy? The more that is posted, the more information you get.

I think that if you are a civ, then you should try your best to post as much as you can.

Right now I think Acatarus is mafia. His reactions are very unconvincing and screams mafia IMO.
IF I don't get lynched (I'm curious if it'll go through), you're more than welcome to investigate me.
just need to point out that scum would be free to say this with no fear because if fypo is really the cop his investigation won't go through no matter what
actarus wrote:What's your experience with day phase 1? Specifically conversation-wise?
it varies a lot, but the fact that there are games where scum is caught day one is evidence that day one conversation is not worthless. newbie games are harder to get going than others because of the communal inexperience, but if you look at examples on this site of other games you'll see that day one conversation can be very meaningful. i'm doing my best to provide meaningful input here as well.

and from here the game devolves into "everyone is lurking" posts. i'd still really like to see a furpants_tom lynch come from today, but i agree that actarus has been scummy and if necessary i'll change my vote to him before deadline to ensure we get a lynch. this day ending in a no lynch would be absolutely the worst thing that could happen.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
blizzire
blizzire
Townie
blizzire
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by blizzire »

Vote: furpants_tom
I have no reason to vote for anyone or to not vote for anyone.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

I don't have much more to add to that, apart from restating my previous points.
roflcopter wrote:this day ending in a no lynch would be absolutely the worst thing that could happen.
Agreed. This would be like giving the scum a free turn.

There are 9 players, and 2 mafia. So, 5 townies need to die for a flawless mafia victory.
If we make a lynch on Day 1, then we get 3 chances to kill one of them and avoid the easy win, and the mafia get 2 townie kills to speed us along. If we don't lynch, then they get their choice of 3, and we only get 2 chances to catch one of them.

Also: I'm reasonably sure I helped start the bandwagon on Actarus back in the mists of time. If he's innocent, that's a pretty good argument against me. I'm not going to change my mind that he'd be a good person to lynch, but I'd rather be the first to say it out loud. :)
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Infinis »

I"m a reasonable person and you're response seems a little dejected luchs.

roflcopter made a very convincing post in my mind. Furpants Tom went out of his way to make himself center of attention, I just wonder if any scum would actually do that. He risked an incredible amount of wrath over his survey, to reveal nothing.

I think we have a major problem that hopefully I'm wrong about. So to see what happens among the undecided voters, I'll
unvote.

Vote: Furpants Tom
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Vote Count

Actarus: (3) orangepenguin, Honko, Tucking Fypo
Furpants_Tom: (3) roflcopter, blizzire, Infinis
roflcopter: (1) Furpants_Tom

Not voting: Actarus, luchs

Five votes to lynch. Deadline: February 14
Do you want your possessions identified?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Furpants at at L-2.

I am not sure about Actarus, so
unvote
for now, before I formulate my thoughts a bit.
luchs
luchs
Townie
luchs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by luchs »

vote blizzire

he has posted the least information.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

That's more like it. Incidentally, while I stand by my promise to change my vote to Actarus only on the 13th, if one more person votes for me, his best move as either townie or scum would be to hammer.
So, if that's what happens, it's not proof of Actarus's scumminess or lack thereof - look more carefully at the next person to vote my way - who will have put him in that position.
And remember, just in case something occurs before I post again - Actarus, roflcopter, with Infinis in reserve. Good game!
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

vote: Furpants

I've thought about it for awhile, and I think at first, your intentions for gathering that info was a protown, because I assumed you were just a powerrole, since you claimed having something useful for the town. Then you said there was nothing, and you were a townie. Probably the safest claim for scum, day 1, and you having us post who we think are scum and town really hasn't helped that much. Knowing who each person thinks is pro-town usually only helps scum.

Where is everybody?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”