Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

JereIC wrote:My God, did MaFoHero break out of the same asylum as Nuwen and Spring? Who scrawled onto your padded cell walls "SPEEDLYNCHES ARE GOOD 4 TOWN"? You all can't be part of a science experiment: not even the maddest of mad scientists are that insane.*

Obvious insanity aside, your points about Zach and Zwet seem decent, and Zach's response to them is fascinating. However, you defense of Zero is
exactly the same
as Nuwen's and Spring's. And it's still basically the newbie defense. I can't imagine you picked that up at the insane asylum too.... Also, I plain don't like anyone who comes to the defense of another in this game, unless they're masons or otherwise have proof of each other's towniness.

I've got some thoughts about beyond_birthday too, gimme a chance to write them down and make them clear.

* Not that I'm interested in discussing it atm. After the game, I've got a thesis I'm going to post on this.
Fascinating how?

Also, I fail to see how the argument that I am scum looking to quick lynch a townie is decent when you also argue that the person in question is my scum buddy in the same post.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

MaHeroWhatever: You first say that I'm not posting content, and then you say all I'm doing is gloating over Zero? I firmly believe that Zero is bluffing through his emotional appeal, and that Nuwen and You are doing nothing but repeating the same one-liner argument that I don't think applies here. You call the meta thing a card, but it makes sense to me that a player would be more emotional in a game where he's scum than in a game that he's not. Zero's last post was, indeed, exactly what he wrote in the last sentence. I don't enjoy MF's disregard for all my points of accusation and dismissal of them as not containing content and acting purely scummy.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by JereIC »

First off, I was hoping to wait for Nuwen’s response to my question about his speedlynch argument, but it’s not necessary now as I’m not that suspicious of him anymore.

Anyway, BB’s arguments against Spring are craplogic. The main thing is his justification for his vote on Spring. In post 241, he says his argument is that she delayed Zero’s lynch, and assumes that Zero is a townie. Delaying a lynch of a townie is not particularly scummy imho. I really don’t see scum trying to delay any lynch except that of their buddies. As MaFoHero said about zwet’s 184, the real scum tell is when they stay on the lynch and gloat when it’s close to succeeding. But what really bugs me is that this argument works just as well against the other people who posted but didn’t vote for Zero. It could even work for BB and me, as we’ve jumped the bandwagon – that’s going to stop the bandwagon a lot better than just posting. Without any reason to distinguish Spring from the rest of us, his argument doesn’t hold any water.

Add to that the self-consciousness that Spring and MaFoHero pointed out and his early support of the Zero bandwagon, and I’m willing to vote for him.

Vote: Beyond_Birthday

I’m not up for a Zwet lynch yet, but I also haven’t read all of his posts that closely. I’ll try to do that tonight and post something in the morning.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:29 pm

I find Zero more scummy than BB.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Pablo Molinero wrote:You're really calling zwet an active lurker? He's kept his posts short, but they have had significant content than these long fluff-posts flting around. Hell, he's been one of the main proponents of the Zero wagon.
Precisely my point when I asked about his position on the wagon. That's why I don't believe him when he says that he wants an extension or more discussion. I think he would have been perfectly happy to see Zero lynched right then. In fact Pablo, in the quote just prior to where he said he would also like an extension/more conversation, he was trying to get you to add your vote to a wagon already at L-2.
zwetschenwasser wrote:Zero: I'm scum because I think you're scum? Makes perfect sense. And you pick now to tell us that you can be more helpful if you're given the chance? And you'll say that tomorrow and do the same thing. If you're not remotely trying to be helpful now then why should we assume you'll be better tomorrow? That's gotta be the stupidest argument I've ever seen. Pablo, there are good reasons to vote zero you seem to be ignoring.
vote Zwetschenwasser

I see a contradiction between his stated desires and his actions.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:54 pm

I want an extension because if a deadline begins approaching people will begin coming up with new excuses to vote for non-Zero people because of deadlines, especially if he claims a power role. I really hate it when people claim that they want a quicklynch because of a deadline instead of real, logical reasons, because the next day we'll have lots of probably fake scum we'll have to sort through that gave the bogus deadline reason. In other words, I want Zero dead now with an extension preventing unreasoned quickhammers.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Well slap me with a good answer.

unvote

JereIC wrote:First off, I was hoping to wait for Nuwen’s response to my question about his speedlynch argument, but it’s not necessary now as I’m not that suspicious of him anymore.

Anyway, BB’s arguments against Spring are craplogic. The main thing is his justification for his vote on Spring. In post 241, he says his argument is that she delayed Zero’s lynch, and assumes that Zero is a townie. Delaying a lynch of a townie is not particularly scummy imho. I really don’t see scum trying to delay any lynch except that of their buddies. As MaFoHero said about zwet’s 184, the real scum tell is when they stay on the lynch and gloat when it’s close to succeeding. But what really bugs me is that this argument works just as well against the other people who posted but didn’t vote for Zero. It could even work for BB and me, as we’ve jumped the bandwagon – that’s going to stop the bandwagon a lot better than just posting. Without any reason to distinguish Spring from the rest of us, his argument doesn’t hold any water.

Add to that the self-consciousness that Spring and MaFoHero pointed out and his early support of the Zero bandwagon, and I’m willing to vote for him.

I’m not up for a Zwet lynch yet, but I also haven’t read all of his posts that closely. I’ll try to do that tonight and post something in the morning.
As I said before, a lot of people are assuming a lot things in this game. I believe Birthday is trying to say that Spring is aware that Zero is town and is slowing down the wagon in order to appear town if Zero flips town. Hate it because #1 - It assumes the alignment of one player based upon another player with no effort towards confirming the alignment of said player. #2 - It ignores the ability of a town member to actually make a good judgment call based upon the action in the game. #3 - There are a few players this logic could be applied towards.
That being said, I've seen worse tangles of logic.

As far as self-consciousness goes, I've seen it a lot in newbie games, somewhat less in Mini's with the more experienced players. It eventually wears off. The question is whether it should have already worn off of Birthday. 6 months is a long time even if this is his first Mafia game experience.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

I have reread the entire game. These are my notes from the reread. I may (this is accidental) have repeated myself a few times. I am sorry. This is also a warning, this post is 7 pages long. Enjoy. (And after reread, I feel a need to apologize for my piss poor play all game.))

Zer0ph34r-Most anti-town and least helpful. Not sure how scummy.
Skillit -Here - I have no read.
Zachrulez - Slightly town
Sipylus-I have no read.
springlullaby - I feel obligated to apologize. Spring looks very town upon reread, and I have no idea where my minor suspicions were coming from.
zwetschenwasser -I am feeling he is scummy. Might make a case later in post.
Ectomancer - Mostly town.
Wolfblitzer -Per seemed pretty unreadable. However, Wolf looks VERY town.
JereIC
Pablo Molinero - No read yet.
Nuwen-If Zero is scum, I feel Nuwen could be scum partner.
Beyond_Birthday -Very strong up till page 5, and I have no idea what happened then.

Notes: I don’t think Zero and Spring connect in any fashion. Also, I voted Zero because he reached a point where it felt like scum just trying to act stupid so that a town aligned person, rather than mafia, would pull the amateur card. (Quite frankly, I am left unconvinced of the whole thing, and I don’t find an appeal to emotion to be telling of noob town. I think it is a better characteristic of a novice in general.)

When posting my number theory, I was still under the impression that Spring looked scummy. Upon reread, this doesn’t hold true. (A reread in some games is proving to be really good. Especially in one, like this, that looks really convoluted.)
In post 132, Zero asks how he planned for Spring to be suspicious. I really don’t think he did, per se, but I do know that I walked right into reading too far into it.
@Zwet:
Zer0ph34r wrote:I did ask you a freaking question and you're just voting for me because you don't like me, not because you think I'm scum.
Actually, at this point, you have to admit that Zero is just not reading anymore. Ecto posted FOUR POSTS before this that Zero asked a question to sip, NOT Zwet, but instead of correcting himself by this point, he is continuing to reiterate the same thing.

Also, while I feel that Spring is town (and I strongly disagree with this sentiment on me in the following post), I would like to note that it wasn’t until
springlullaby wrote:@ Ectomancer: I see now. I was thrown off by you saying 'I think you missed etc.', kinda unusual to see people interpreting other people to such a degree.

I'm still not liking JereIC, has actually contributed nothing now that the game is under way bar from a vague question about what I think of Zero. I'm not liking Beyond_Birthday either, I think his post sounds very self-conscientious. I'm kind ambivalent concerning Zero, could be awkward town or awkward scum at this point.

So Zero, what do you think of the game so far?
That anyone commented that they felt that I have said, essentially nothing. As a result, I am more suspicious of EVERYONE who failed, before this post, to argue against others, for example, Zwet, to acknowledge this “fact” and then said that it was true. Zwet, I use as an example, who said that I gave reasons for my post. I would use Per for saying I have 6 content post out of 6 (at the time he made that list), however, she isn’t around. I am pretty wary of these people right now.

(Also, Spring. I am cautious if only for at the time, I didn’t really get what was going on in this game too much due to a lack of attention. In hindsight, I was a bit of an idiot, and I think I made several miscues. One was, and this is NOT for appeasement, my suspicion of you. As a note:
Unvote
)

In the midst of rereading, I found this:
JereIC wrote:I'm sorry to hear that, PerArdua. :(

My top suspects right now are Zero and spring. As other people have mentioned, Zero hasn't contributed much but posted to appear like he was. His insistence that his question may be a distraction tactic too - let's talk about what there is to talk about, not who's scum or not.

Spring really hasn't contributed much either. I'm beginning to think that she was trying to speedlynch Ectomancer with her "random" vote, and originally thought up the whole "speedlynches are good for town" argument to try to explain that. When the bandwagon swung around to her, she used it instead to try to knock us off-topic. On the other hand, she's right about Beyond_Birthday's posts - their tone is self-conscious, like he's constantly evaluating his own behavior.

By my counting, this is the fifth vote on Zero. I think he's scum, and I think we're going to be able to use the fact that he's scum to implicate other players.

Vote: Zer0ph34r
Alright, just a question, let’s suppose that Zero IS scum. At this point (on page 11/12, where we are now), who would his mafianess implicate? Myself, Spring, or Nuwen? (Only included because she is the primary defense for Zero at the moment.) Or someone else entirely? What if Zero flips town? Any leads then?
springlullaby wrote:
JereIC wrote:I'm sorry to hear that, PerArdua. :(

My top suspects right now are Zero and spring. As other people have mentioned, Zero hasn't contributed much but posted to appear like he was. His insistence that his question may be a distraction tactic too - let's talk about what there is to talk about, not who's scum or not.

Spring really hasn't contributed much either.
I'm beginning to think that she was trying to speedlynch Ectomancer with her "random" vote, and originally thought up the whole "speedlynches are good for town" argument to try to explain that. When the bandwagon swung around to her, she used it instead to try to knock us off-topic. On the other hand, she's right about Beyond_Birthday's posts - their tone is self-conscious, like he's constantly evaluating his own behavior.

By my counting, this is the fifth vote on Zero. I think he's scum, and I think we're going to be able to use the fact that he's scum to implicate other players.

Vote: Zer0ph34r
BTW, part in bold is a really crappy argument.
Spring: This has been bugging me: Why is the part about me, which you mentioned first, bolded as part of the “really crappy argument?”

Note: I love Wolfblitzer at the moment. His intro posts were really protown. Plus, in hindsight, I feel that Zero’s anti town behavior and the meta (which I finally stopped being lazy and actually read) indicates that Zero isn’t such an amateur that he deserves a by for playing this badly. I am nullifying my opinion on agreeing with Nuwen’s argument. I think I just liked the pretty words...
O.o
JereIC wrote:
WolfBlitzer wrote:JereIC's #138 in regards to Spring feels like craplogic IMO. What makes you believe that spring was attempting to speedlynch Ecto? And what makes you think the "quicklynches are good for the town" piece was created ahead of time?
It's not really deductive logic, and I apologize for not making that clearer. I'm making up lots of theories when I read what other folks have to say and seeing which ones help explain their behavior. In this case, I thought it was odd that Spring had a argument about how speedlynches are good for town, and it occurred to me that she had been third on a wagon against Ectomancer, so maybe she had thought up the theory when she was on that wagon to try to get herself out of trouble afterward.
Pablo Molinero wrote:JereIC has hit a nerve with a few people, but looking at his most recent posts, something stood out: he says that using Zero as scum, "I think we'll be able to use that to implicate other players as scum" (or something like that). It's full of confidence, but if he's wrong, we'll have nothing to go off of to make said implications. Now, unless he's bussing on day one to set up lynches later (seems very unlikely), it dosen't seem to me that scum would make that assumption. ...did that make sense to anyone?
Honestly, the only person I think he can implicate now is Spring. Mostly thinking of how he voted for her at the random stage, how she hasn't found him acting weird, and how she seems to be helping him out now. If he's scum, I think all that indicates she's scum too. If not, she still may be scum, but we can have a lot more fruitful day tomorrow.
I don’t like what you are suggesting here, which is that Spring IS scum if he is and might be if he isn’t. Mostly because you are insinuating guilt no matter which way he falls, which should be self evident. Saying this seems to serve the sole purpose of setting Spring up for tomorrow...

Upon rereading Nuwen’s post, I have decided that it sums up to this: (as Ecto said in 186), “too scummy to be scum defense,” which appears to be used to modify an existing newbie defense.

After rereading my own, and others, attacks on Zero, I feel as though we, the town, have been trying to get him to participate all day. Zero has constantly and blatantly refused to apply or acknowledge the help and assistance we have given him. Furthermore, there are several points in this game where I, at the very least, feel he has just not read the full extent of people’s posts and has been all around unhelpful where as the town Zero, which Wolfblitzer has pointed out, has at least attempted to scum hunt, if not poorly. This entire play by Zero has become the epitome of useless and antitown play. I don’t know how else to put it, but Zero seems to not be a helpless individual who is unable to scum hunt, but one who is actively avoiding it all together.
Vote Zerophear

To pull a spring:
Your evaluation of Zero’s play thus far. Can you manage to see a town with Zero’s experience acting this way?
This is in response to the Spring and jere back and fourth, which tells me very little of Jere.or Spring in my reread.

Also note:
springlullaby wrote:I'm not getting why you are voting me Beyond, please explain better.
I was stupid? Quite frankly, the only odd thing about you is that I don’t see much of you on Zero, so would you like to clarify by answering my above questions, that would be fantastic.
Nuwen wrote:
Beyond_Birthday wrote:
Nuwen wrote:[Insert long and intelligent analysis here]
Brilliant. If Zero is scum, you are the obvious scum partner. Therefore, Zero is not scum, and you are scum. (This is tongue in cheek, do not take seriously. But seriously, bravo, and I agree with your logic.)
This is precisely why I think he's just an inexperienced townie - prior to my post, there was no attempt by Zero's hypothetical scumbuddy to redirect the wagon. While I realize that my post could be interpreted as the aforementioned redirect,
I
know that it isn't, and that constant allows me to poke and prod for reactions.

Remember
: The only thing a townie knows for certain on day 1 is that he or she is a townie.

I need to reread the thread again and closeread Sping/Jere's exchanges before commenting.
Maybe Jere is mafia, but as I just said above, I can't see Zero as town-amateur. I can't. I like your analysis. It makes sense as I read it, but I still see Zero as scum upon my reread. Sorry.
However, I still agree with your assessment of Ecto, but I don’t think his aggressiveness is scummy. I just find it to be someone anxious to play, which is null in my book.

Side note:
springlullaby wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
springlullaby wrote: 2. I already explained why his points are scummy.
2. Well that's great. Would you care to point out the exact posts or quotes, or do you want me to struggle to look through and find these explanations, so that when I fumble with trying to find them, you can find me scummy too?
2. Yes, I expect you to struggle and find them, it's your job. I will tell you if I think you to be scummy when you have done so.
Spring, I find your unwillingness to repeat your counterargument (or at least point out which posts) to be very antitown and unhelpful.
JereIC wrote:BB, just making sure I understand your argument: Spring is scummy because she tried to stop Zero's lynch. She did this, even though he's a townie, because she knew that his lynch would make evidence against other scum. Am I missing or messing up anything? Also, what in particular in Nuwen's post convinced you?
Mostly that it made me realize that a plea to emotion *can* come from a townie. I think other's suggested it, but none caught my attention.

This is actually simpler than your argument, but since I no longer feel Spring is scum, upon a reread, I have to admit that I disagree with your argument. However, I still feel Spring’s refusal to point out her counter points against you, Jere, is annoying and unhelpful...
(That is my only problem with her at the moment.)

Post 249 response:
I’m an idiot, and I felt, when reading their arguments and rereading from about page 7 that they made a bit more sense. Rereading from the start, I slowly realized you have some reasoning behind your play that is self apparent, and I am getting town vibes from you. As a side note, I also get the point Zach was claiming, but still wonder about your attack on JereIC, in the sense, that I agree with your statements on reread. Zach is similar to Jere only Zach makes a hell of a lot of sense by contrast.
zwetschenwasser wrote:MaHeroWhatever: You first say that I'm not posting content, and then you say all I'm doing is gloating over Zero? I firmly believe that Zero is bluffing through his emotional appeal, and that Nuwen and You are doing nothing but repeating the same one-liner argument that I don't think applies here. You call the meta thing a card, but it makes sense to me that a player would be more emotional in a game where he's scum than in a game that he's not. Zero's last post was, indeed, exactly what he wrote in the last sentence. I don't enjoy MF's disregard for all my points of accusation and dismissal of them as not containing content and acting purely scummy.
You know, all game, I thought you were really scummy Zwet. Until this post. Essentially: QFT

JereIC wrote:First off, I was hoping to wait for Nuwen’s response to my question about his speedlynch argument, but it’s not necessary now as I’m not that suspicious of him anymore.

I am not going to deny they were craplogic. It was, almost, crap logic. However, I have found that Spring is (I think) the player who is most likely to be town aligned. I have completely misread her play in this game... I really have.
Ectomancer wrote: As I said before, a lot of people are assuming a lot things in this game. I believe Birthday is trying to say that Spring is aware that Zero is town and is slowing down the wagon in order to appear town if Zero flips town. Hate it because #1 - It assumes the alignment of one player based upon another player with no effort towards confirming the alignment of said player. #2 - It ignores the ability of a town member to actually make a good judgment call based upon the action in the game. #3 - There are a few players this logic could be applied towards.
That being said, I've seen worse tangles of logic.

As far as self-consciousness goes, I've seen it a lot in newbie games, somewhat less in Mini's with the more experienced players. It eventually wears off. The question is whether it should have already worn off of Birthday. 6 months is a long time even if this is his first Mafia game experience.
#1-3 is pretty much all the points I have made in my crappy play over the past five pages.

First of all, I am not selfconcious in my posts. Maybe I come off that way, but I'm actually not... In fact, as I mentioned before in this post, I don't even preview them. But, whatever, I don't care about that. Perceive my posts as self-evaluating if you want, it doesn't matter in the long run. And speaking of long runs...

IT FINALLY F*CKING OVER!!
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

So this is a lengthy version of "Please ignore my crappy play I promise to do better"?

At least you made some significant commentary. I'll dig through it more thoroughly when I have the chance.

Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Actually more like: Wow, I have played horribly sense page 5, here is some better commentary.
*Not a promise, but an actual attempt at playing better. This game=terribly played*
Show
6-4-1
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:21 pm

You start your post by calling me scummy, and change your mind over the course of your post to "I thought you were scummy, but now I don't so much." Please explain your contradiction. Ecto, do you need any more answers from me, or is there some other reason why you're voting for me?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Psst. Look up there.

Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:54 pm

zwetschenwasser wrote:You start your post by calling me scummy, and change your mind over the course of your post to "I thought you were scummy, but now I don't so much." Please explain your contradiction. Ecto, do you need any more answers from me, or is there some other reason why you're voting for me?
First off, my last post since**

Anyway, Zwet:

I did this initially as a pbpa until about post 75, where I then realized my thoughts about a few players, most notably Spring, were wrong. At that point, and early on, I thought that you were scum. However, at the point I read some post by yours (I think I quote it), I got major town vibes from you. Maybe it is your play style that threw me off initially, I dunno. Point is that by the time I
finished
the complete reread, you looked town.
Show
6-4-1
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:00 pm

Thanks? I guess? Ecto, sorry I didn't notice.

BB, I just don't understand why, even though you're saying that I'm town, you put that I looked scummy in your overview of players that is typically supposed to be a resume of the points you're quoting below. Did you not notice you contradicted yourself?
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

HAHAHAHA! I love that term; "Non-Zer0 People."
ahhh... It's kinda funny how no one wants to be seen as defending me.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Another useless fluff post. Can't someone notice how idiotic this guy is?
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Zero: ?

see: spring, Nuwen, myself, and hero. Have you not been here?

Anywho, I'm having one helluva time figuring this one out. Just when I'm ready to throw more heat on him, zwet's doing a great job justifying himself, if nothing significant happens in a few days, I'm going to have to suck up my pride and vote Zero. I'm looking at some of the middle of the pack voters in the Zero wagon with a suspicious eye right now, though: JereIC, Wolfy, Zach, and Sipylus. JereIC has bounced around so damned much to garner my attention.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:50 am

Post by JereIC »

Ok, one thing struck me as odd about Zwet's posts. In post 57, BB calls Zero's posts up to that point "cute". In post 64 Zwet dismisses BB's criticism and says that cute posts are ok. But in post 87 he goes after Zero for a "blah" post. The change of heart seems odd, especially because Zwet goes onto vote for Zero because of these blah posts.

BB's monster post is going to keep me busy for another day at least. :shock:
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Haven't yet done a paragraph by paragraph analysis yet, but it looked to me like you changed every opinion that you've had through the whole game...
Is there an opinion you've retained and can you pull it out of the text wall?

JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:47 am

Post by JereIC »

Only a couple of points about BB's post I want to ask about so far. I should be able to read it more in-depth tomorrow.
Beyond_Birthday wrote:Also, while I feel that Spring is town (and I strongly disagree with this sentiment on me in the following post), I would like to note that it wasn’t until
springlullaby wrote:@ Ectomancer: I see now. I was thrown off by you saying 'I think you missed etc.', kinda unusual to see people interpreting other people to such a degree.

I'm still not liking JereIC, has actually contributed nothing now that the game is under way bar from a vague question about what I think of Zero. I'm not liking Beyond_Birthday either, I think his post sounds very self-conscientious. I'm kind ambivalent concerning Zero, could be awkward town or awkward scum at this point.

So Zero, what do you think of the game so far?
That anyone commented that they felt that I have said, essentially nothing. As a result, I am more suspicious of EVERYONE who failed, before this post, to argue against others, for example, Zwet, to acknowledge this “fact” and then said that it was true. Zwet, I use as an example, who said that I gave reasons for my post. I would use Per for saying I have 6 content post out of 6 (at the time he made that list), however, she isn’t around. I am pretty wary of these people right now.
I cannot make heads or tails of this paragraph. It's like a couple of important verbs are missing or something.
Beyond_Birthday wrote:Alright, just a question, let’s suppose that Zero IS scum. At this point (on page 11/12, where we are now), who would his mafianess implicate? Myself, Spring, or Nuwen? (Only included because she is the primary defense for Zero at the moment.) Or someone else entirely? What if Zero flips town? Any leads then?
I stand by my basic argument - if Zero is scum, then it's very likely Spring is too. The case against her alone is fairly weak though, and I don't I could vote for her today based on the evidence so far.

Also, I support the arguments against him and the weakness of his defense (and the defense of others on his behalf), and would argue it's more likely than not that he's scum. The only reason I'm voting for you and not him now is because your vote for Spring was incredibly scummy.

If Zero gets lynched and is town, Zwet looks more suspect for his early participation in the bandwagon.
Beyond_Birthday wrote:I don’t like what you are suggesting here, which is that Spring IS scum if he is and might be if he isn’t. Mostly because you are insinuating guilt no matter which way he falls, which should be self evident. Saying this seems to serve the sole purpose of setting Spring up for tomorrow...
I don't follow what you don't like about this. As you said, it's self-evident that everyone might be scum until they are proven otherwise (cop, death, etc.). The case against her would be weak if Zero was town, and she wouldn't be my first choice to vote for on Day 2, but she still might be scum. All I was doing was stating the obvious.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:35 am

Post by JereIC »

And by "ask about," I meant "respond to." Go me. :oops:
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

zwet, you realize of course that saying after everything I post "That was a useless post." is kind of pointless, right? There's no reason to say it after every post because that itself is useless and pointless.

[Please be smart enough to not type "Useless Post" after this]
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

JereIC wrote:Ok, one thing struck me as odd about Zwet's posts. In post 57, BB calls Zero's posts up to that point "cute". In post 64 Zwet dismisses BB's criticism and says that cute posts are ok. But in post 87 he goes after Zero for a "blah" post. The change of heart seems odd, especially because Zwet goes onto vote for Zero because of these blah posts.

BB's monster post is going to keep me busy for another day at least. :shock:
Interesting point.

I have noted the apparent hypocrisy on Zwet's part.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Zer0ph34r wrote:zwet, you realize of course that saying after everything I post "That was a useless post." is kind of pointless, right? There's no reason to say it after every post because that itself is useless and pointless.

[Please be smart enough to not type "Useless Post" after this]
Still waiting for you to read some game content and actually make use of it...
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

I already did? I guess would be the answer I were to give.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”