Newbie 732 - Abandoned

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
luchs
luchs
Townie
luchs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by luchs »

Yes, this time I decided to try to get someone to stop lurking. I will not vote to actually lynch someone for at least another week so sometimes you don't get things out of people with only one vote. But two frightens them. Furpants you seem sensible enough for example two votes for one person would mean that even if both scum were not on them already and jumped on it would still take at least one more person so until someone else votes for him I am comfortable with my vote. However I would be quick to unvote.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

A player you think could be scum: Actarus, because he is active lurking and not really helping us by not communicating with the rest of the town. Also, despite his claims otherwise, he seems to want/think we have to random vote day 1.

A player you think could be scum: luch, because he seems to be bandwagoning shortly after I voted him, and basically said nothing new about it, recyling what's been said already about him.

A player you kinda trust: Furpants, because he is very vocal and intent at the moment for the town to speak up and discuss and stuff. Plus, he has information he is withholding, which indicates to me that he is someone to trust.

A player you kinda trust: secret_agent, because he hasn't said anything scummy yet. :P (
mod: prod?
)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by roflcopter »

real post tonight after super bowl
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
luchs
luchs
Townie
luchs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by luchs »

Erratus Apathos wrote:
Tucking Fypo replaces secret agent.
oarange penguin
luchs
luchs
Townie
luchs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by luchs »

A player you think could be scum: Orange Penguin- He jumps on someone giving him a second vote reight off the start, and then now is trying to accuse me by trying to get someone to start talking that I made it very clear that I would unvote.

A player you kinda trust: Furpants he is vocal and has tried to get conversation going. Plus He just radiates town to me, so some people really need to rethink why they were saying he is scum.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Since the guy I'm voting for has participated, it would be wrong not to reward them for good behaviour.
Unvote

However, it's been a few days, I'd like to start hearing from our new friend:
Vote Tucking Fypo
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by roflcopter »

superbowl involved too much beer, real post tomorrow
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Honko
Honko
Townie
Honko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by Honko »

Sorry I've been slow to contribute. I'll try to turn it up a bit from here on.

I didn't like luchs's quick 2nd vote on Actarus. That wasn't necessary so soon I don't think.

Furpants saying he has some "secret info" he won't share until we post enough doesn't look good to me. Why withhold information from the rest of the town? You've been pushing votes on all the quiet people so far because you want more data out on the playing field. That's fair enough, but then it seems kind of hypocritical if you're keeping your thoughts to yourself. I also thought his comment about waiting till the 13th to do anything was strange, but I have never played in a game with such long days so I don't know if it's standard to try to maximize the time or not. To me it looked like he wants to delay us from doing anything until it might be too late, even if we find someone acting really suspicious.

The early discussion between Actarus and roflcopter initially had me feeling strange about Actarus, but once he explained his different interpretation of "random lynch" it doesn't seem relevant anymore.

As for who I trust at this point, nobody has had a chance to prove themselves, and anyone could turn out to be scum and it wouldn't shock me at this point. roflcopter seems to be potentially the most helpful townie, but as an IC it may just be his experience rather than innocence or genuine concern for town.

No vote for the moment.
Honk Honk
Tucking Fypo
Tucking Fypo
Townie
Tucking Fypo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by Tucking Fypo »

Sorry guys. I have had a busy week. I have midterms coming up. I honestly don't have any ideas on anyone at this point. Usually in some past games I have played elsewhere the second day is when the ball gets rolling.
Tucking Fypo
Tucking Fypo
Townie
Tucking Fypo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Post by Tucking Fypo »

I think Furpants can be trusted due to the fact that it seemed like a bandwagon effect on voting for him. I didn't see anything really stand out against him.
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:08 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Without commenting further, because I've probably done enough talking for today, you are now this close to finding out the information:

Blizzire:
1 out of 4 complete.
Orangepenguin:
4 out of 4 complete.
luchs:
2 out of 4 complete.
Honko:
4 out of 4 complete.
Tucking Fypo:
1 out of 4 complete.
roflcopter:
0 out of 4 complete.
Actarus:
0 out of 4 complete.
Infinis:
0 out of 4 complete.

(You'll notice I've dropped the 25 words thing. That was probably overkill.)
Tucking Fypo
Tucking Fypo
Townie
Tucking Fypo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Tucking Fypo »

Alright, I want to spice things up a bit. I am the cop.

I demand protection tonight. At this point I am either going to investigate OrangePenguin or Infinis.
Tucking Fypo
Tucking Fypo
Townie
Tucking Fypo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Tucking Fypo »

Honko wrote:Sorry I've been slow to contribute. I'll try to turn it up a bit from here on.

I didn't like luchs's quick 2nd vote on Actarus. That wasn't necessary so soon I don't think.

Furpants saying he has some "secret info" he won't share until we post enough doesn't look good to me. Why withhold information from the rest of the town? You've been pushing votes on all the quiet people so far because you want more data out on the playing field. That's fair enough, but then it seems kind of hypocritical if you're keeping your thoughts to yourself. I also thought his comment about waiting till the 13th to do anything was strange, but I have never played in a game with such long days so I don't know if it's standard to try to maximize the time or not. To me it looked like he wants to delay us from doing anything until it might be too late, even if we find someone acting really suspicious.
I am not the cop that was a ploy real cop stay hidden

The early discussion between Actarus and roflcopter initially had me feeling strange about Actarus, but once he explained his different interpretation of "random lynch" it doesn't seem relevant anymore.

As for who I trust at this point, nobody has had a chance to prove themselves, and anyone could turn out to be scum and it wouldn't shock me at this point. roflcopter seems to be potentially the most helpful townie, but as an IC it may just be his experience rather than innocence or genuine concern for town.

No vote for the moment.
I agree with alot the you said. This game seems to be moving very slowly.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Vote Count

Actarus: (2) orangepenguin, luchs
Furpants_Tom: (1) roflcopter
Tucking Fypo: (1) Furpants_Tom

Not voting: Actarus, Tucking Fypo, Honko, blizzire, Infinis

Five votes to lynch. Deadline: February 14
Do you want your possessions identified?
Actarus
Actarus
Townie
Actarus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Actarus »

Alright, I'll fill out the form

A player you think could be scum
: Orangepenguin; I appreciate his logic but it's wrong regarding me.
A player you think could be scum
: furpants tom; if you have actual, concrete information to share then share it.

A player you kinda trust
: luchs, despite his vote on me.
A player you kinda trust
: Actarus, because I know I'm true blue.
Actarus
Actarus
Townie
Actarus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Actarus »

Tucking Fypo wrote: I agree with alot the you said. This game seems to be moving very slowly.
/ nod. General question for non-newbies at this site: are the day phases / night phases here always this long (2-3 weeks)? I'm more used to 24-72 hours phases. At that pace, especially once day phase 2 arrives, information usually (though not always) just seems to trickle down the pipe without too much effort.
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Infinis »

Tucking Fypo wrote:Alright, I want to spice things up a bit. I am the cop.

I demand protection tonight. At this point I am either going to investigate OrangePenguin or Infinis.
So you're guessing there's no roleblocker?

Or are you fishing out the real cop?

Or do you feel the named people are lurking too much?

Or are you trying to waste the doc's protection?

@Furpants I don't believe you have any information other than your own role. And any role claim at this point is WIFOM.

I hear the cries of "the game is too slow" and "this is not what I'm used too" from several here. I understand your pain. However, as stated previously, with two weeks pending there seems to be an over exuberance from you to get things rolling.

That being said, I'll play your game only to see where if anywhere at all you're going with this:

Town #1:luchs, his posts seem mostly reasonable
Town #2: Actarus, seems reasonable without going out of his way to do so
Scum #1: Furpants for hiding behind rationality
Scum #2: Tucking Fypo for causing undue chaos
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

Blizzire:
1 out of 4 complete.
Orangepenguin:
4 out of 4 complete.
luchs:
2 out of 4 complete.
Honko:
4 out of 4 complete.
Tucking Fypo:
3 out of 4 complete. (I'm counting his intent to investigate orangepenguin and Infinis as scum-votes, here)
roflcopter:
0 out of 4 complete.
Actarus:
3 out of 4 complete.
Infinis:
4 out of 4 complete.
Honko
Honko
Townie
Honko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Honko »

Furpants, any thoughts you're willing to share before your requirements are met? Any reactions to my post or other recent posts?
Honk Honk
blizzire
blizzire
Townie
blizzire
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by blizzire »

A player you think could be scum: I think No Lynch is a scum because it is mostly the first person to be voted in mafia games. It also never talks yet does not get mod-killed.
A player you think could be scum: Furpants_Tom is suspected to be a scum because he knows a piece of information that would be useful to both town, and, unfortunately, the mafia.
A player you kinda trust: Blizzire is the person I trust because it is the only person who I know exactly what he does and what he can do, and because it is I.
A player you knda trust: I trust no one because I have no idea what it is. It is very very very very very very very very very very frustrating to not know what it is.

That's 4 why did you only count 1?
Furpants_Tom
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Furpants_Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Furpants_Tom »

@Honko: Yeah, I'd love to. But I'm at work right now, so I'm just kinda monitoring the board right now. Give me 4-5 hours, and you'll see a proper post.

@blizzire: Smartassery comes in both scum and town flavours, so 3/4 of your post tells me and the town nothing. Give me 3 more genuine answers, and you'll get the info.
luchs
luchs
Townie
luchs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by luchs »

unvote
see you started talking and I'll remove my vote, its what happens when I notice lurking versus inactivity.

I will do my other two probably tomorrow after I see some more posts.
luchs
luchs
Townie
luchs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by luchs »

What if there is no doctor?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

luchs wrote:

What if there is no doctor?
What if there is no cop?

Why me and Infinis? Any particular reasons? Was it because I random voted you?
blizzire
blizzire
Townie
blizzire
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by blizzire »

A player who I think is scum: Tucking Fyto I don't trust because he trusts Furpants_Tom, a person who I think is scum.
A player who I think is scum: orangepenguin is not on my list to trust because he, like Tucking Fyto, also trusts Furpants_Tom.
A player who I trust: I trust Infinis because he has the same idea I have about Furpants_Tom and Tucking Fyto.
A player who I trust: Actarus. He and I share similar beliefs that Furpants_Tom and Tucking Fyto are sums.

There I wrote it.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”