Mini 707: Cops and Robbers Mafia (Game Over)

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:53 am

Post by Mizzy »

Myk, what are you babbling about? "The other two" can't both be scum to you if you think I am scum.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:43 am

Post by mykonian »

that's why one of them must be town. Scum waits for the towny to make a decision. That's what I said.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:47 am

Post by Mizzy »

mykonian wrote:that's why one of them must be town. Scum waits for the towny to make a decision. That's what I said.
I think we need prods.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:56 am

Post by mykonian »

that's also a way to say it...
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 am

Post by Mizzy »

Well Emp last posted 2 days ago and Fuzzy was before then. Nothing since.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Empking »

Mizzy wrote:Well Emp last posted 2 days ago and Fuzzy was before then. Nothing since.
I can't believe this blatant lying. When Mizzy wrote this my last post had been less than a day ago.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Mizzy
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Mizzy »

Bah, good game.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:32 am

Post by mykonian »

Empking wrote:
Unvote

you and fuzzy? or was bionic GF?
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:57 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

mykonian wrote:
Empking wrote:
Unvote

I am not GF. It is either Fuzzy/Emp or Mizz is just toying with us.
The above written statement is pro-town.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:18 am

Post by mykonian »

That is not good for my heart (really bionic, if you turn out to be a GF after this, I will stand behind a corner waiting with an axe)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:15 am

Post by charter »

Vote Count:

Mizzy - 3 (bionicchop2, mykonian, Empking)

Not Voting: (2)

Fuzzyman
Mizzy

Mizzy
Bank Patron
has been lynched!

The
Robbers
Empking, mykonian, q21
Win!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:19 am

Post by charter »

Good game everyone!

Here's the role PM's.
You are a Robber! You have robbed the bank and now you must make your getaway. Tisp, q21, and Mister Lolipedo-kun are the robbers and you may talk amongst yourselves during the night. You win when the Robbers control at least 50% of the bank or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm your role by PM and PM me your kill for Night 0. Only one of you needs to PM me the kill each night.
Here is your night talk thread.
You are a Cop! It is your job to catch the robbers and restore order to the bank. Each night you may pm me the name of a player and I will tell you if they are a Robber or not. You win when all the Robbers are dead.

Please confirm by PM and get your night choice in by deadline!
You are a Bank Patron! You just wanted to make your deposit and go about your daily business, but a robbery thwarted your plans. You have no special ability other than your trusty voting powers! You win when all the Robbers are dead.
Please confirm by PM.
The setup was 3 Robbers, 2 Cops, and 7 Patrons. Green Crayons was sane, and Fuzzyman was insane.

Any thoughts, comments, criticisms or anything for me?
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Ether »

Frustrating, but fun.

I think the game was balanced, though with any other title it would run the risk of the cops counterclaiming each other and getting lynched in succession. (Had fun WIFOMing that one. "Cops and Robbers" would be a great name for a 10:2 vanilla setup, but of course I couldn't say that out loud without admitting my own role.) I do think the flavor (and role reveals, specifically "Robber") clash with the definition of mini normal, though.

I like how I read Crywolf correctly and got 2/3rds of the scumgroup right, all based on assuming Mizzyscum. After Crywolf was lynched as town, I was planning to vote Empking the next day and demand that the town choose between him and me in LyLo. I figured Mizzy and q21 could get themselves lynched without my help. ¬_¬

Apparently I give off cop vibes without realizing it--this is the second time I've been nightkilled because scum thought I was dropping unsubtle breadcrumbs. Awesome.

After dying, I learned the scumgroup from Charter and immediately went out on my own to secure the QuickTopic. I was impatient about that; when Mykonian hadn't responded the next day, I assumed that he hadn't picked up my PM at all and went to q21 instead, since he was online. Mykonian, why didn't you answer?

It bugs me in retrospect how obvious Mykonian was, aside from that damn claim...how if I'd been more active in the first month of that day, I might have run him to a less graceful claim...
how I'm not actually
supposed
to think like that 'cause forcing vanilla claims is suboptimal play.
I was on the edge of my seat when he placed that Mizvote; from where I was sitting, it was an obvspeedlynch. I like to think it would have given me some pause in Bionic's shoes. I'm almost certain that I'd have switched to Empking at that point, but I'm not sure what I'd have done the next day.

And yeah. Fuzzyman, what the hell don't do that again.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Frustrating, but fun.
I agree with the above.

Also: what the hell, Emp.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:54 am

Post by charter »

Oh yeah, if the scum are fine with revealing the QT, go ahead and post it here. If you're not, then don't. It's up to you three.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:36 am

Post by mykonian »

Ether wrote:Frustrating, but fun.

I think the game was balanced, though with any other title it would run the risk of the cops counterclaiming each other and getting lynched in succession. (Had fun WIFOMing that one. "Cops and Robbers" would be a great name for a 10:2 vanilla setup, but of course I couldn't say that out loud without admitting my own role.) I do think the flavor (and role reveals, specifically "Robber") clash with the definition of mini normal, though.

I like how I read Crywolf correctly and got 2/3rds of the scumgroup right, all based on assuming Mizzyscum. After Crywolf was lynched as town, I was planning to vote Empking the next day and demand that the town choose between him and me in LyLo. I figured Mizzy and q21 could get themselves lynched without my help. ¬_¬

Apparently I give off cop vibes without realizing it--this is the second time I've been nightkilled because scum thought I was dropping unsubtle breadcrumbs. Awesome.

After dying, I learned the scumgroup from Charter and immediately went out on my own to secure the QuickTopic. I was impatient about that; when Mykonian hadn't responded the next day, I assumed that he hadn't picked up my PM at all and went to q21 instead, since he was online. Mykonian, why didn't you answer?

It bugs me in retrospect how obvious Mykonian was, aside from that damn claim...how if I'd been more active in the first month of that day, I might have run him to a less graceful claim...
how I'm not actually
supposed
to think like that 'cause forcing vanilla claims is suboptimal play.
I was on the edge of my seat when he placed that Mizvote; from where I was sitting, it was an obvspeedlynch. I like to think it would have given me some pause in Bionic's shoes. I'm almost certain that I'd have switched to Empking at that point, but I'm not sure what I'd have done the next day.

robber=mafia to me. he used basic roles, and I think it was clear what the target was. Charter used the essence of a normal game.

I didn't respond, because I didn't know how to react. I didn't know if I was allowed to talk, so I asked charter first. after his reaction that I could give it to you if I wanted, I send it.

and about my play: you are so right. I was surprised Bionic didn't catch me just based on meta. Bionic, do you see similarities with my attack on mizzy and the attack on the cop in our newby? And because I thought you had a guilty on me, and that you tried to lynch me without claiming, I set up the miller claim. When fuzzy claimed, I thought it could not hurt to confirm fuzzy and corporate, and it was indeed a very nice time to claim. I was that, or be lynched in 2-3 rounds.

Could you point out what the most obvious scumtells are that you can find now? I know I pushed the case on mizzy a bit too far, that was unnatural, and that was I think the last pages the thing you could have caught me on, but what were the things that were very wrong?

With bionics vote, you are also very right. I didn't know how to react on that, never been in that situation before, and I thought that if I waited, while I had been so clear that my intention was to vote mizzy was even more scummy. Help on that situation would be appreciated.

@mizzy. I'm sorry. You had often a good feeling when something wasn't right (the way I tried to put the GF in everyones mind), but you had trouble to express your feelings to the rest of the town. Sometimes because you gave the wrong (and thereby sometimes contradicting) causes for it. But you were right about who scum was (most of the time) and you had seen it right that there was likely no godfather. If you had put these thoughts together, and looked at the rest of my play (claim excluded), you would have been very right. Even Ether wasn't that close.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:36 am

Post by mykonian »

if emp want's to show the QT, I wouldn't mind.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

mykonian wrote:
Empking wrote:
Unvote

Why would you even ask this when Emp had already hammered and won for you?

I continue to deny having engaged in suboptimal cop investigating during this game.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:49 am

Post by mykonian »

you did. Why investigate yourself? To know you were insane?

you already knew you were: if I was a miller, then you were insane, if I lied, I was scum and you were insane.

if I was a GF, I was insane to ruin my cover. So that one didn't make sense.

then on GC, the most protown player, that also claimed cop (and had to fake the right result), why would you investigate him? if he was scum, he would kill the claimed cop (you, so investigation was useless) if he was town, the other scum would kill one cop. (you, or GC, both times the investigation would give no answers)

on the other side, if you investigated empking/mizzy, and assuming there were no two GF (and that seems reasonable) with the believable claims, you would have gotten empking for sure. I was reasoning from the start of day two that way.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Patrick »

Fuzzyman wrote:I continue to deny having engaged in suboptimal cop investigating during this game.
Your last two choices of investigations were the worst options possible, and I'm surprised to see you unwilling to accept that. You quite possibly lost us the game by not investigating and clearing Mizzy on either of those nights. I don't know though, as it might still have been tight with bio choosing between a semi cleared Mizzy and the miller claimer in an endgame. I wouldn't have liked to have to make that choice. But don't live under any illusiuons, please.

Just about the only correct suspicion I had this game was Tisp. And when I was watching on day 2, I was convinced Green Crayons had to be either a cop with an innocent result on crywolf or scum with her; he seemed to be looking for excuses to back away from her. When he returned to crywolf after Ether suddenly started on her again, I was leaning towards the latter case. I thought mykonian really timed his miller claim well, and the other two didn't give me any major scumvibes either until very late.

Interesting setup. Probably balanced, though I don't much like the swinginess, especially with a night start. I was quite glad to be killed night 1, and hadn't really been expecting it, as I didn't feel like I had a very good idea what was going on. Well played scum, you were the better team in this game.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Ether »

Fair enough.

You replaced Tisp, who I also found extremely scummy, but I guess that doesn't help you. Like I said at the time, I felt like your case on Fuzzyman was trying to frame something that wasn't actually there, and if you hadn't hesitated in 826 I'd probably have attacked you for concluding so quickly that Fuzzman must have been an insane cop after all. Your defense of Crywolf was
really really weird
--Mizzy was right about your double standard. (In retrospect, the same applied to the way you kept pushing me, but of course at the time I just concluded that you were an idiot and went on spamming/waiting on Crywolf. Hopefully if you believed a word of what you were saying, I've since shown you the light. :P) You just felt a lot shiftier now that I know your alignment.

I figured you were clear because 2-3 rounds was enough for the scum to win; the town would probably have lynched Corporate, putting the town at LyLo, and then you might have been able to push a Fuzzlynch through. This sort of overthinking seems to burn me a lot.

You, Empking and Bionic are all visible on the online list; in your shoes, I'd probably have waited until Empking was on and Bionic preferably wasn't. Some scum arrange speedlynches by predetermining a specific time to both be online, too. (Though if Fuzzyman had investigated anyone but the obvcop, then a speedlynch would never have been on the menu today in the first place.)
Post 1194, Fuzzyman wrote:I continue to deny having engaged in suboptimal cop investigating during this game.
That's unfortunate. You'll never improve that way.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by q21 »

The QT is here.

I was frustrated by LA and real life for most of this game and was prevented from being nearly as active as I usually am. I spent most of my time trying to distance from Myk and Emp and trying to look like I was distancing from Mizzy.

Despite my frustration that wasn't the reason behind my crywolf hammer. I was fairly sure that I'd be gone the next day, but that we'd win it the day after - as happened.

I put forward the GF idea on Myk's claim knowing it was crap - both from the standpoint of scum who knew it wasn't the case and based on logic. The intention was to throw doubt on Fuzzy's belief in himself. Don't know if that played any part in his investigation of himself, but that was the general idea.

My claim on day 3 was never to keep myself alive. If it had succeeded at that - great. But really, I knew I was going down - I expected to the moment I hammered CW, the chance to make it a lylo game was to good to pass up. The point of the claim was to ensure that any other cops claimed. GC might have claimed anyway, but I wasn't leaving that up to chance.

I think GC played a really good game and that the timing of Myk's claim was perfect.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by mykonian »

@Ether, thank you. See if I can evade that kind of problems next time. It is quite a pattern in this game. While I think I could have posted such a thing against fuzzy right on the start of a day as town, just to start the day well, the way I handled crywolf and mizzy was unnatural. I don't actually know what I would do as town. Next time I'll try to do it different.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”