mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:48 am

Post by mykonian »

ok, I got to page 12 now. I am beginning to tire now, so I think I won't find a lot more.

While I liked KoC before, I'm not so sure anymore. Also what TV is doing. The only thing that keeps me from voting them, is that the nightkills don't make sense that way.

Lowell is annoying, and most likely scum. Light-kun could easily be his partner.

and then mafiaplayer. That was the person I wanted to lynch before I began to reread.

I hope I can get some evidence up to show you what I'm thinking.

Votecount:
Lowell - 3 (armlx, Knight of Cydonia, Shanba)
Light-kun - 1 (CF Riot)
Vi - 1 (Light-kun)
armlx - 1 (popsofctown)
Mafiaplayer - 1 (Yosarian2)
Not voting: Vi, alvinz95, -TinVision, Sun Tzu, mykonian, Lowell, BridgesAndBaloons, Azrael001, Mafiaplayer, kuribo

With 17 alive, it's 9 to lynch.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:57 am

Post by kuribo »

Mafiaplayer wrote:
Also, if Azrael is scum, that nearly definitively means that I am not.
What? How so?
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:58 am

Post by kuribo »

kuribo wrote:
Mafiaplayer wrote:
What? How so?
also, now if Azrael is scum, you mentioning that makes you far more likely to be his scum partner

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Mafiaplayer »

Because Azrael was worried that I would come up as a town power role. If he was Mafia, he would know whether I was town or mafia.
Anyone who would actually play mafia sucsk
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:45 am

Post by kuribo »

Mafiaplayer wrote:Because Azrael was worried that I would come up as a town power role. If he was Mafia, he would know whether I was town or mafia.
So you don't think scum would lie, or pretend not to know who's town or mafia?

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mafiaplayer wrote: Also, if Azrael is scum, that nearly definitively means that I am not.
Based on what, exactally?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Oh, there was another page.
Mafiaplayer wrote:Because Azrael was worried that I would come up as a town power role. If he was Mafia, he would know whether I was town or mafia.
Yeah, kuribo has it right here. The fact that Azrael claimed to be worried about you being a town power role dosn't prove that you're town if he's scum, at all. I could easily see him saying something like that if you were both scum together, in order to protect you in a subtle way.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

mykonian wrote: While I liked KoC before, I'm not so sure anymore. Also what TV is doing. The only thing that keeps me from voting them, is that the nightkills don't make sense that way.
Why don't you like me? Like me. Please. I like you. We're all friends here. Let's just all like each other. Scum not included.
Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:17 am

Post by Azrael001 »

I never claimed to be worried about that at all (MP being a town power role that is) I think that judging by his actions he is almost certainly scum. It seems like a waste of a useful day to immediately lynch MP, if the Vig can get him at night, we can gather information on someone else, and lynch them.

If we did immediately vote MP, it would be night again, and tomorrow we'd be in the same boat as today, only with fewer chances to screw up. Do you not think that as a group we have a better chance of finding scum than one person with no day discussion to go by?

Aside from the original blunder, I've been pretty much ignoring what MP has been saying up until now, it seemed illogical to take much of what he said at face value, as he was spewing out a lot of nonsense. I figured everyone else would feel the same way. (Do you really trust that every person that was voting for him was scum?)
Forgive my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.

(The irony is killing me.)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:38 am

Post by armlx »

I think that judging by his actions he is almost certainly scum.
So why aren't you voting him?
If we did immediately vote MP, it would be night again, and tomorrow we'd be in the same boat as today, only with fewer chances to screw up. Do you not think that as a group we have a better chance of finding scum than one person with no day discussion to go by?
So... your logic is you don't want to lynch someone you feel is obv scum because that would bring the game closer to end.

Pro Tip: When you lynch a scum, the worst case number of lynches till lynch or lose does not decrease.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Vi »

Hmm...
armlx 756 wrote:The last 2 posts are quality shit.
Was this praise or not?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Azrael001 »

So... your logic is you don't want to lynch someone you feel is obv scum because that would bring the game closer to end.
No. My logic is that he will die tonight, so we may as well try for someone else. There will be no scum tells at night, and no new posts to analyze. Just like a day that lasts too long is bad, so too is a day that is too short.

Essentially I am banking on the whole "two heads are better than one" thing. We have a better chance of picking scum during the day than the Vig does at night. So we can offer the obv scum to him, improving his odds, while not losing a day of useful posts.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

armlx wrote:

Pro Tip: When you lynch a scum, the worst case number of lynches till lynch or lose does not decrease.
Oh my freaking gosh. Is this the same armlx? The one's whose position is officially: "Lynch MP or vig MP are both good options, with vig MP being slightly better". Why are you jumping on someone for doing what you yourself said is the better option?

CF Riot made a lot of sense a while ago. Light-kun's infinite shrug defense is not a good cop-out, but he uses it for everything like it's ketchup.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by armlx »

Was this praise or not?
It was praise.

shitty quality = bad
quality shit = good
first rate bull shit = bad.
English = all of the above.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by armlx »

Essentially I am banking on the whole "two heads are better than one" thing. We have a better chance of picking scum during the day than the Vig does at night. So we can offer the obv scum to him, improving his odds, while not losing a day of useful posts.
Also, disagree on this completely. 1) The obv scum aren't always scum, so lynching them is relevant and 2) I've seen vigilantes be far more accurate then lynches in the past, especially early game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Aaaand you simulpost to reinforce your new position against vigging MP. Am i the only one who sees anything scummy in armlx's inconsistencies?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Mafiaplayer »

Lynch me. If I'm scum, then what if you lynch the vig? Then, you'll have to lynch me anyway tommorrow.
Anyone who would actually play mafia sucsk
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Mafiaplayer wrote:
FOS:Azrael

After being told "Scum are doing x", to immeaditealy stop doing x, is scummy.

Logical fallacy.
CF Riot wrote:Oh yes. Light is scum. This last post is squirming when his vote is questioned. He's all, "*shrug* Well the only reason I voted Jebus is cause I didn't have anything better to do. *shrug* It really doesn't mean anything. *shrug* All my FoS's don't really mean anything. *shrug* What I do in this game doesn't mean anything. You should all just ignore me. *shrug*"

My reason for saying MP was a good vig target is because I figured a wagon on him would be almost completely unchallenged, and I don't think anyone would back him up or question said wagon. And if everyone does the same thing, you don't have anything to judge people on. This has been said already, in different words. I think it's logical.

I also agreed with the FoS on Azrael for jumping off the MP wagon right after MP's testimony of "scum are on my wagon". His explanation is mehful.
Hm... I am tempted to fill an entire post with shrugs just to see the reaction.

Oh, and CF Riot, congrats on assuming that you can validate your vote on me after voting for me. That shows a lot about your character. Feel free to present a formal case at any time.
popsofctown wrote:
armlx wrote:

Oh my freaking gosh. Is this the same armlx? The one's whose position is officially: "Lynch MP or vig MP are both good options, with vig MP being slightly better". Why are you jumping on someone for doing what you yourself said is the better option?

CF Riot made a lot of sense a while ago. Light-kun's infinite shrug defense is not a good cop-out, but he uses it for everything like it's ketchup.
If something needs ketchup, it isn't very good, now it is it? On the other hand, that makes for a beautiful metaphor to say that my "shrugs" are for bad arguments. *Contemplating.* I am very bored with this game actually.

Mostly because of the lack of a nice, clean formal post against me. However, if the town feels that lynching me is the best course of action without a case, they
can
though that just demonstrates how stupidity can spread like a virus.

Thus far, the only people who are making any sense to me, whether they be scum or not, is Kuribo and Lowell. Yes, Lowell. I don't really care if you see him scummy or not, I don't think he is scum right now. His play style is always odd, but I liked his play yesterday.

Now, hypothetically, we're going to have about (hmm) 5-6 scum in this game. Now, it would be 4-5. We have 17 people total, indicating scum are actually relatively close to equaling our number. If the kill ratio continues, scum wins on day 4. So, we need a better plan. I don't have a better plan, and instead, I am pointing out our likelihood to lose.

Anyway, here is my scum list (five people). They are related by loose connections (being the secondary qualification), scumminess (the primary qualification) and anti town play (the tertiary qualification, closely behind connections, which is not necessarily true.)

Here is my list:

Azrael001 <-early suggestions and wishywashy voting. MAKE A STAND MAN!
CFRiot <- seems scummy, and searching for a scapegoat. I'll see what happens.
Mafiaplayer<- You have me doubting the mod. NEVER MAKE ME DOUBT THE MOD SCUM! (No seriously, this one should be obvious people.)
Vi <- {Insert rehash here}

with a random fifth person who I haven't deduced yet. If I had to guess, I would just as soon arbitrarily pick the person who has posted the least.

Now, why? Well, I think that Vi has been strong, relatively independent of this alleged mafia group. His only real connection has been with Monkeyman, at which point he favored an attack on someone else. Is this scummy? Well, possibly no. I suppose that arguably, it could be a townie trying not to focus too much on one person. What interests me, however, is just how easily he switched, with minimal MM vs KoC commentary, to oh, I don't even remember. I think Lowell. My point is, that he avoided this completely, and that makes him scummy in my book.

CF looks like scum for his determent of the mafiaplayer lynch and his blind attack on me. Now, now, I am not saying I am unworthy of being attacked. Everyone is equally qualified to be attacked, pending on how they post, what they post, when, etc. etc. However, his attack (and continued attacks) fail to present any case strong than an argument that is conceived of evidence after the fact. He has not yet given me a reason for his vote other than uncited scummy behavior. And if it is cited, I would appreciate, much like I gave against MM, some form of a case that I can defend against. I don't really care much for a vote that has absolutely no source or proof except the reaction to that same vote. It is illogical and pathetic.

So, CF. When you are ready to dedicate a little time to gather some form of a case to present to me so that I can actually explain you are wrong, I won't just shrug you off as irrelevant, then I would respond.

Final note:

@Pops
(bolded in case you otherwise ignored my post.): Hm... What have you thought of? Might shed some light on the town if you gave a bit more than quotes. Explain where/why you see the contradiction.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by armlx »

Aaaand you simulpost to reinforce your new position against vigging MP. Am i the only one who sees anything scummy in armlx's inconsistencies?
WHEN DID I SAY I DIDNT WANT TO VIG MP.

I merely feel Azrael's logic is poor.

Your completely false attacks are getting boring.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Several pages ago, armlx corrected kuribo when kuribo was favoring a wagon on Mafiaplayer. This meanss that armlx saw a big enough difference in the quality of the two options to correct someone so that we lynch a non-mafiaplayer.

So then, later, I ask as an open question whether vigging or lynching MP is better. The first response is armlx, saying that (close paraphrase): mafia player just needs to be removed from this game one way or another.

Why would he answer my question and say the options are equally good, when a few pages ago he corrected someone away from a lynch. When i put him on defensive he defined his position as that he likes either a vigging or a lynching, a vigging being only slightly better. He said they were so close in utility that he answered my question with "either".
But if they are all the same to him, why did he
correct
someone earlier for favoring the slightly worse option? It's not consistent.

@above post: on reread, armlx isn't changing his postion right now, he is as he says, only challenging Azrael's logic. I retract that bit, i still think what i've outlined above is worth a vote.

Btw armlx, i favor Azrael's "two heads better than one" reason, and you really can't expect to refute it using only a vague anecdote.

I'm getting the feeling i'd probably have to read a light-kun game to read light-kun
"Well, I..."
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by armlx »

mafia player just needs to be removed from this game one way or another.
say the options are equally good
Bold the exact part where I actually said that and not "Lynch is bad, but worse could happen".
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Light-kun »

popsofctown wrote: I'm getting the feeling i'd probably have to read a light-kun game to read light-kun
Read my wiki, has all my games.
Show
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:31 pm

Post by Azrael001 »

I only take a stand when I feel strongly about something. Like now. Someone had a good idea, and made a good point about using the Vig to kill MP (I don't remember who). I hadn't thought of this, so when presented with a strategy better than mine, I adopted it. Until I, or someone else comes up with a better idea I will continue to advocate this one.

It has been said, but armlx is acting weird. While there is a small chance that MP isn't scum, defending him seems out of place. We all agree that he
should
die,
we just disagree as to how.

Now that I think of it, if there is a mafia doctor, they could protect MP even if he is innocent, thus wasting not only the kill tonight, but the lynch tomorrow, if he lived, and there were no vig kill, we'd almost certainly lynch him. Perhaps a bird in the hand is, in fact, better than two in the bush...

Now I've gone and made myself uncertain again... Anyway, I'm going to stick with my current plan for now. Rather than point a useless FoS, I'll

Vote armlx

for attacking someone (me (call OMGUS all you like)) for using the same strategy that he, himself advocated (at one point or another).

Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Azrael001 wrote:
I only take a stand when I feel strongly about something. Like now. Someone had a good idea, and made a good point about using the Vig to kill MP (I don't remember who). I hadn't thought of this, so when presented with a strategy better than mine, I adopted it. Until I, or someone else comes up with a better idea I will continue to advocate this one.

It has been said, but armlx is acting weird. While there is a small chance that MP isn't scum, defending him seems out of place. We all agree that he
should
die,
we just disagree as to how.

Now that I think of it, if there is a mafia doctor, they could protect MP even if he is innocent, thus wasting not only the kill tonight, but the lynch tomorrow, if he lived, and there were no vig kill, we'd almost certainly lynch him. Perhaps a bird in the hand is, in fact, better than two in the bush...

Now I've gone and made myself uncertain again... Anyway, I'm going to stick with my current plan for now. Rather than point a useless FoS, I'll

Vote armlx

for attacking someone (me (call OMGUS all you like)) for using the same strategy that he, himself advocated (at one point or another).

"All according to plan."

Great post Az, best made thus far with an exceptional amount of real points. I will review armlx tomorrow.
Show
Shanba
Shanba
So win
Shanba
So win
So win

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:48 am

Post by Shanba »

popsofctown wrote:Aaaand you simulpost to reinforce your new position against vigging MP. Am i the only one who sees anything scummy in armlx's inconsistencies?
Apparently not, but you're all wrong anyway. They're not inconsistencies. And I completely fail to see how Azrael's post was at all good:

1) He only posts relevant stuff after being called out
2) It's OMGUSsy
3) It's completely unoriginal
4) It's blatant wagoning

Take all this in context: I don't normally consider 2,3 and 4 as scummy. Combined with 1, however, they are good indicators of a scum mindset:
There's nothing inherently wrong with wagoning or using someone else's reasoning. In order to get a lynch, some compromises have to be made, and a good townie should be able to distinguish good reasoning from bad, and should be able to swallow their pride and vote for scum caught by someone else. As such, I don't mind when people co-opt other player's reasoning.
However, number 1) is indicative that the player is trying to skate by unnoticed: the less reasoning they can get away with posting, the better. So only posting content when asked to is scummy. Furthermore, the other 3 points become scummy in this context: repeating uncontroversial logic and voting on the biggest bandwagon, they then have a nice large crowd to blend in to. In essence, they can get the people who want them to post content off their backs without actually having to do any work. It's scummy as fuck.

Yet I disagree with
so the whole thing is actually not scummy at all.

However, Light-Kun - why do you like the post? It seems to me that you're suffering from a bad case of confirmation bias.

This part of the post is good:
The rest is not.

Vi, who is scum?
(10:50:24 PM) xcaykex: GODDAMNIT I DONT WANNA GET RID OF MY TENTACLE RAPE PORN

Ribbit.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”