Mini #717 - Alpha Centauri Smalltown (Game Over!)

Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:50 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Oh c'mon. What do you think the answer is? How is this stopping you from answering the not rhethorical questions directed at you?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:51 am

Post by ortolan »

thanks RR, and point taken about the vig kill
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:01 am

Post by Empking »

Raging Rabbit wrote:Oh c'mon. What do you think the answer is? How is this stopping you from answering the not rhethorical questions directed at you?
Are you saying that my question (which I expected an answer for) was rhetorical?

Letting DP get away with dodging questions is not a good thing.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:37 am

Post by iamausername »

"What actually transpires beneath the veil of an event horizon? Decent people shouldn't think too much about that."

-- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "For I Have Tasted the Fruit"

-=Vote Count #19=-

Drunken Piper (1) - Empking
Empking (1) - Occam
Cephrir (1) - charter

Not Voting (5) - Cephrir, Drunken Piper, MacavityLock, ortolan, Raging Rabbit

5 to lynch.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

RR wrote:I know that neither me nor ortolan made the kil. charter didn't because he vigged farside. Emp didn't unless ML is lying or unless ML's block was tampered with. That leaves Ceph, Occam, DP, as our most likely killers, with Emp or ML being less likely possibilities.
Or Oman, so we can't really draw the conclusion that at least one of those players is scum.

@charter: Why? Also, what happened to ortolan? He's still near the top of my list, so what changed?

Emp, the answer is obviously no, please answer questions now.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:11 am

Post by Empking »

Stop answering for him.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:40 am

Post by charter »

Cephrir wrote:@charter: Why? Also, what happened to ortolan? He's still near the top of my list, so what changed?
Based on RR's and ort's night actions, they are either BOTH scum or NEITHER is scum. RR was my top townie yesterday, combined with neither of their night actions making sense as scum, and by some miracle farside being town, ort has dropped pretty far on my list.

As to why you are scum, I'll get to that later today.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:16 am

Post by MacavityLock »

charter wrote:
Cephrir wrote:@charter: Why? Also, what happened to ortolan? He's still near the top of my list, so what changed?
Based on RR's and ort's night actions, they are either BOTH scum or NEITHER is scum.
This is incorrect. There are 3 scum remaining: the SK, the mafia that made the kill, and the mafia that didn't make the kill. RR only cleared ort of being the mafia that made the kill.

You also haven't answered my question as to why you vigged at all. Actually, another question: Do you think you'll vig tonight?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:34 am

Post by MacavityLock »

EBWOP:
MacavityLock wrote:There are 3 scum remaining: the SK, the mafia that made the kill, and the mafia that didn't make the kill.
We don't know whether Oman made the kill or not, so it's possible that two "mafia who didn't make the kill" are still out there. Point is the same, ort isn't cleared by a longshot.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:58 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Oman was imo more likely to choose to redirect rather than kill, especially since he probably figured out I was likely to track him - the two best targets by far for me were ort and Oman.

And
vote empking
. This is getting ridiculous.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:03 am

Post by Empking »

Why is it getting ridiculous?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

You got the be fucking kidding me.
that is the question, from thee?

(guzzle)

Empking wrote:
Empking wrote:CKD & DP; Do you support random lynching?
No, i do not support random lynching. More questions (though I dont except that you will answer jack shit at this point)...what urged you to ask such a silly question....also, how old are you? If I said I was willingly to fall on the sword and hammer you (ie die to lynch you)..what would be your thoughts on that?

Now answer my questions..
(hic)
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:24 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

One other point...
up in this joint.

(sip)

Emp, the more I think about your play(this is our second game together), the more I am disgusted. If at this end of this game. You are indeed town and not some variant of scum (SK, mafia)..I will never join another game with you. I keep going back and forth on if you are scum or just a really horrible player. My meta on you is that you are just a horrible player.
(hic)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:28 am

Post by Empking »

acutally emp, I dont have a fucking clue what you are saying..did you or did you not intially attack me for wanting random claiming? AND why are you ignoring questions?

Empking, partially claimed, no night action.

Emp were you targetted last night with anything or are you going to not answer that question either?

Yes.

This was the first quote with a question I didn't answer and its already talking about ignoring questions. Smells like scum to me.

Repeating me not answering questions but apparantly this is the first dodge. DP is scum.

backtracking, stretching, and lies...YOU HAD A HUGE PROBLEM WITH RANDOM CLAIMING...

vote empking (unless something in claims changes this)

You orginally spouted that I must be scum because I wanted random claiming..now you are saying you didnt have a problem with random claiming after I pushed you to explain why. I didnt care who went first...I just wanted it to be random. THAT IS WHY YOU INTIALLY ATTACKED ME.

you lied about not thinking random claiming is scummy (which is why you first started attacking me). Now you are back tracking on that. You are stretching with you "case": Over reaction is scummy...and since I didnt claim (even though I dont have night actions) after you wanted me to..I must me scummy.

Er, where is the question?

Speaking of scum, why do you GET to decide you popcorned first?

Because its better than your idea.

I "Ignored" questions because you wouldn't answer mine.

Over reaction is scummy because scum do it more often than town.

I haven't produuced a "case" because people presume I'm wrong whatever I do.

New question, exactly the same as the old question. He's just repeating himself so I either have to repeat myself or "ignore" a question. Clearly a scum trick.

I asked the question as I can't understand why town would want random claims but not random lynch.

How old I am does not impact my role. This is a scum tactic to ask that.

I don't think about games after I'm lynched.

DP: Why did you ignore my question? Do you find ignoring questions scummy?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Empking »

Drunken Piper wrote:
One other point...
up in this joint.

(sip)

Emp, the more I think about your play(this is our second game together), the more I am disgusted. If at this end of this game. You are indeed town and not some variant of scum (SK, mafia)..I will never join another game with you. I keep going back and forth on if you are scum or just a really horrible player. My meta on you is that you are just a horrible player.
Ad hom.

Why do you use Ad Hom?
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

sorry for the triple post.
but I forgot to mention this almost

(sip)
Occam wrote:
.why is no one else up in arms about Emp's avoidance of questions, lies, and shitty anti-town play?
I just voted him for it.

And I don't think I ever said you (DP) were not answering questions.
Occam wrote:I have to say, Emp is looking a lot worse that DP in this exchange. Emp, regardless of who has more votes,
I believe DP asked you those questions before you asked him
. Answering them would be nice.
something about your post rubs me wrong. Here you clearly state that I asked Emp those questions well before he asked me.....well what questions were you talking about when you stated this....I dont care if you think i am answering questions or not...I wanted to know what questions you were referencing here.

might be moot now..but still curious.
(hic)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:31 am

Post by Empking »

DP, I asked you questions. (This is more to maske sure he notices them)
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

Empking wrote:
Drunken Piper wrote:
One other point...
up in this joint.

(sip)

Ad hom.

Why do you use Ad Hom?
Not ad hom...it is a truth...this is not a attack on what role/alignment you have in this game...this is attack on your general play across the board...If you are town...I WILL never join another game with you..to go into more detail at this point will break rules and just result in insults.

going to address your bigger post...when I have time.
(hic)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Empking »

Drunken Piper wrote:
Empking wrote:
Drunken Piper wrote:
One other point...
up in this joint.

(sip)

Ad hom.

Why do you use Ad Hom?
Not ad hom...it is a truth...this is not a attack on what role/alignment you have in this game...this is attack on your general play across the board...If you are town...I WILL never join another game with you..to go into more detail at this point will break rules and just result in insults.

going to address your bigger post...when I have time.
CKD: Does that make sense to you?

"Its not Ad Hom, its an attack on you the player not the role."
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

Empking wrote:DP, I asked you questions. (This is more to maske sure he notices them)
it is called a cross post...expect a reply today or tomorrow...though, you still are not really answering questions and your format you choose to "answer" is hard to read (on purpose?)
(hic)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Empking »

I know it was, that's why I wasn't calling you scum for it.

I just know that when I "cross post" I often don't look at the posts above mine.
acutally emp, I dont have a fucking clue what you are saying..did you or did you not intially attack me for wanting random claiming? AND why are you ignoring questions?

Empking, partially claimed, no night action.

Emp were you targetted last night with anything or are you going to not answer that question either?

Yes.

This was the first quote with a question I didn't answer and its already talking about ignoring questions. Smells like scum to me.

Repeating me not answering questions but apparantly this is the first dodge. DP is scum.

backtracking, stretching, and lies...YOU HAD A HUGE PROBLEM WITH RANDOM CLAIMING...

vote empking (unless something in claims changes this)

You orginally spouted that I must be scum because I wanted random claiming..now you are saying you didnt have a problem with random claiming after I pushed you to explain why. I didnt care who went first...I just wanted it to be random. THAT IS WHY YOU INTIALLY ATTACKED ME.

you lied about not thinking random claiming is scummy (which is why you first started attacking me). Now you are back tracking on that. You are stretching with you "case": Over reaction is scummy...and since I didnt claim (even though I dont have night actions) after you wanted me to..I must me scummy.

Er, where is the question?

Speaking of scum, why do you GET to decide you popcorned first?

Because its better than your idea.

I "Ignored" questions because you wouldn't answer mine.

Over reaction is scummy because scum do it more often than town.

I haven't produuced a "case" because people presume I'm wrong whatever I do.

New question, exactly the same as the old question. He's just repeating himself so I either have to repeat myself or "ignore" a question. Clearly a scum trick.

I asked the question as I can't understand why town would want random claims but not random lynch.

How old I am does not impact my role. This is a scum tactic to ask that.

I don't think about games after I'm lynched.

DP: Why did you ignore my question? Do you find ignoring questions scummy?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:58 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Emp: Why did you ask a useless question and then refuse to answer anything directed towards you? Do you find asking useless questions and then refusing to answer anything directed towards you scummy?

Everyone: How do people feel about "Lynch All Liars"? I have a tiny voice in the back of my head suggesting that someone may have lied about their night action, though purely for game theoretical reasons, not for any posts this person made or other game-specific knowledge. I'm also slightly worried that it is possibly beneficial for that person to have lied both as scum and as town. Still, I kind of feel like LAL is generally a good plan, and want to get other opinions.

If people agree to it, and said person doesn't admit to a lie, I will likely propose a small plan for some of tonights' actions.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:26 am

Post by MacavityLock »

One other thing:
Empking wrote:No. I really believe that whether or not the redirector should act, should be discussed.
Emp, why were you interested in seeing this discussed pre-N1?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

ML wrote:Everyone: How do people feel about "Lynch All Liars"? I have a tiny voice in the back of my head suggesting that someone may have lied about their night action, though purely for game theoretical reasons, not for any posts this person made or other game-specific knowledge.
Is there any reason not to say who this person is? Also, lynch all liars does not equal lynch all possible liars.

And charter, as has already been pointed out, your reason for clearing orto fails. Yes, scum-doctor might hypothetically be more likely to protect a buddy than anyone else, but if he gets tracked isn't protecting the tracker, he's screwed.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:57 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Cephrir wrote:
ML wrote:Everyone: How do people feel about "Lynch All Liars"? I have a tiny voice in the back of my head suggesting that someone may have lied about their night action, though purely for game theoretical reasons, not for any posts this person made or other game-specific knowledge.
Is there any reason not to say who this person is? Also, lynch all liars does not equal lynch all possible liars.
1) I don't want to step on anyone's toes just yet, and I'm still trying to decide if my idea is worthwhile.
2) This plan would not necessarily result in a lynch. I used "Lynch All Liars" as a better-known shorthand for "Kill All Liars," and the idea I have (if I figured it correctly) would only result in death for someone who actually lied.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”