Mini #717 - Alpha Centauri Smalltown (Game Over!)

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini #717 - Alpha Centauri Smalltown (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:50 am

Post by iamausername »

"Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden. He drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

-- The Conclave Bible, Datalinks

After a forty-year journey from an Earth left teetering on the brink of nuclear Armageddon, the United Nations colonial starship Unity reaches the lone habitable planet orbiting Alpha Centauri's primary star, bringing with it the hope of a new beginning for the human race.

Hope turns to ashes when, on final approach to the new world, a mysterious malfunction damages the ship, triggering a crisis that results in the death of the captain and a rash of infighting over the ship's undamaged colony pods. The Unity breaks apart in space and twelve colonial factions are scattered across the surface of the planet...

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

The Players:

Alive (1/12)

Occam - Captain Ulrik Svensgaard, Commuter (Narcissist) - Survived

Dead (11/12)

MonkeyMan576 - C.E.O. Nwabudike Morgan, Politician (Isolationist) - Sent to the Punishment Sphere Day 1

christiano drago
Yosarian2 - Comissioner Pravin Lal, Jailkeeper (Isolationist) - Assassinated Night 1

Oman - Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, Redirector (S.C.U.M. Alliance) - Assassinated Night 1

farside22 - Academician Prokhor Zakharov, Inventor (Isolationist) - Mutilated by mind worms Night 1

Cephrir - Prime Function Aki-Zeta 5, One-Shot Masonier (S.C.U.M. Alliance) - Sent to the Punishment Sphere Day 2

MacavityLock - Foreman Domai, Roleblocker (Isolationist) - Assassinated Night 2
Empking - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Supersaint (Isolationist) - Assassinated Night 2
Drunken Piper
Claus - Colonel Corazon Santiago, Bulletproof (Isolationist) - Sent to the Punishment Sphere Day 3

Gremwell
ortolan - Lady Deirdre Skye, Doctor (Isolationist) - Mutilated by mind worms Night 3

Crazy
Raging Rabbit - Datatech Sinder Roze, Tracker (S.C.U.M. Alliance) - Assassinated Night 3

charter - Prophet Cha Dawn, Vigilante (Isolationist) - Endgamed Day 4

Current Status:

Phase: Game Over!
Deadline: -
Last edited by iamausername on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:21 am, edited 18 times in total.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:56 am

Post by iamausername »

The Rules (ganked from gorckat & modified)

1. Social Contract

*This is a game. I've done my best while setting it up to make it enjoyable for everyone. Fun is our first priority.

*I will do the following:
=treat this game as my MafiaScum priority, as a committment to the players
=post votecounts at least once per page whenever possible
=prod players w/o prompting
=answer questions as soon as possible

*I expect all players to do the following:
=have fun and play to win
=treat the game as a commitment to yourself, to the other players and to me
=not make personal attacks
=stay active per my activity policy
=bring concerns or problems to my attention as soon as possible
=if you believe I've made a mistake, please PM me and do not post it in the thread

2. Activity

*This game will have fixed deadlines (extensible only in extreme circumstances) and I expect players to actively participate.

*Days are 3 weeks long. Due to the holiday period, Day One will be 4 weeks. Nights will be ~72 hours long. All deadlines will expire at 7PM GMT.

*Players not posting for 72 hours will be prodded and must respond in the game thread within 24 hours, or risk being replaced. Weekends will count as a single 24 hour period for the purposes of these activity rules. I will prod for inactivity three times in a game day. On the fourth instance of 72 hours without posts, or on failing to respond to a prod, I will start seeking a replacement, and if one is found before you respond, you will be replaced.

*If you see a player has not posted in thread for 72 hours and I have not announced a prod, please PM me. All prods are stated publicly.

*If you will be away and unable to post over 48 hours, please let me know. You may be replaced if I believe your absence will disrupt the game.

3. Votes and Lynches

*Lynches will only occur with a true majority of voters. Once a person has reached a majority, they are dead and unvoting them will not stop the lynch.

*If the deadline hits before anyone has been lynched, then no one will be lynched.

*Votes and unvotes must be bolded in the following format (
vote: iamausername
unvote
). It is not necessary to unvote before making a new vote.

*Players may vote for no lynch to occur on any given day (
vote: No Lynch
). A majority of votes for no lynch will end the day and no one will be lynched.

*Until I have counted the votes and posted the death scene and role reveal, all players including the lynchee may continue to post. Once I have posted a vote count indicating a player is lynched, they are dead and are not to post anything else at all, not even a "Bah!" post.

4. Other (but still important!) Stuff

*Do not post or quote directly from any PM or communication outside this thread between me and you or you and another player. Do so and I will modkill you. Don't even fake it. Put whatever you have to say in your own words. Bask in the irony of me saying this when, like, 90% of these rules are not in my own words.
*Modkills end the day.
*Do not post in invisible/small text or otherwise attempt to hide the text of your posts.
*Do not edit your posts or the posts of others.
*Do not discuss this game with other players (whether in this game or not) outside of this thread, unless I have told you otherwise, until this game is completed.
*At my sole discretion I reserve the right to remove any player from the game and replace or modkill their role.
*If I've overlooked something and need to modify the rules to account for it, I will post a notice in the game thread and update this post.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:17 am

Post by iamausername »

The Roles

The following are the twelve roles that will appear in this game. All roles are completely open, and everyone will know who has what role. Alignments will be randomly distributed AFTER role drafting is complete.

"In the great commons at Gaia's Landing we have a tall and particularly beautiful stand of white pine, planted at the time of the first colonies. It represents our promise to the people, and to Planet itself, never to repeat the tragedy of Earth."

-- Lady Deirdre Skye, "Planet Dreams"

You are
Lady Deirdre Skye
, of the Gaian Stepdaughters. You've found that some of the flora of Planet makes for the ingredients of some pretty miraculous natural remedies. Unfortunately, they don't keep too well, so if you want to have a chance to counteract assassination attempts, you're going to have to be in the right place at the right time.

In other words, you're a
Doctor
. Each night, you may PM the name of another living player, and attempt to prevent any attempts to kill them on that night.

"Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

-- Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

You are
Chairman Sheng-ji Yang
of the Human Hive. You have a very convincing way about you; somehow others find that they are compelled to agree with certain offhand suggestions you might make to them. Now, the other faction leaders are well aware of this little trick of yours, and they'll be expecting you to use it in the Council meetings, which rather effecitvely immunizes them against it. They might not be so wary when it comes to outside matters, however, so it may not be entirely useless to you.

In other words, you're a
Redirector
. Each night, you may PM me the name of another living player that you wish to redirect, and the name of any living player (including yourself) that you wish to be their new target. If successful, any night action the first player attempts (excepting the Narcissist's night kill) will target the second player instead of their original choice.

"The substructure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons, and behind electrons quarks. Each layer unraveled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."

-- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "For I Have Tasted the Fruit"

You are
Academician Prokhor Zakharov
of the University of Planet. Your faction is well ahead of the rest in scientific matters, and you've been developing some very interesting prototypes that ought to prove very useful to you. Unfortunately, in the current political climate, actually using them would probably earn you a one way ticket to the Punishment Sphere. Still, if you think you can trust any of the other faction leaders enough to act in your interests, they might fare better.

In other words, you're an
Inventor
. At any point during Day One, and once each night, you may PM me the name of another living player, and one of the following inventions:

CLOAKING DEVICE (One-shot Tracker)
DEEP RADAR (One-shot Watcher)
HEAVY ARTILLERY (One-shot Vigilante)
COMM JAMMER (One-shot Roleblocker)

On any subsequent night, that player may then use that invention instead of their usual night action (if any). These inventions are one use only: once you have sent an invention to someone, you cannot send that same invention again, even if that player fails to receive it for some reason.

"Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant. Need as well as greed have followed us to the stars, and the rewards of wealth still await those wise enough to recognize this deep thrumming of our common pulse."

-- CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Centauri Monopoly"

You are
CEO Nwabudike Morgan
of Morgan Industries. You've amassed a rather large fortune, and you might find that it helps you get your way. If words can't get your point across in the Council meetings, perhaps a fist full of credit chips will? Of course, all the money in the world won't persuade a man to vote for his own imprisonment.

In other words, you're a
Politician
. Each night, you may PM me the name of another living player and attempt to buy their vote the following day. If you are successful, their votes will not count in the true vote count, and you will have a second vote which can be sent to me via PM. However, if at any time you attempt to use either of your votes against the player you have bought the vote from, the effect of this action will be cancelled.

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate."

-- Colonel Corazon Santiago, "Spartan Battle Manual"

You are
Colonel Corazon Santiago
of the Spartan Federation. Thanks to the rigorous training that all your followers have undertaken, you command the most disciplined military force on Planet. All these talks of assassinations don't have you scared one bit; surely no assassin stands a chance against the full force of the Spartan Federation.

In other words, you're
Bulletproof
. You don't have any special actions at night, but you can't be killed at night either.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesteryear. But it was never the streets that were evil."

-- Sister Miriam Godwinson, "The Blessed Struggle"

You are
Sister Miriam Godwinson
of the Lord's Believers. While you have submitted to the proposed democratic process to weed out the forces of evil on Planet during Council meetings, you are simply outraged that you of all people are being considered a possible part of it. Should any of the heathens cast the deciding vote that sends you to the Punishment Sphere, they might find that God Himself will smite them for their insolence. God Himself in the form of several thousand angry religious fanatics from New Jerusalem, that is.

In other words, you're a
Supersaint
. You have no special actions at night, but if you are lynched, the player that casts the final 'hammer' vote against you will also be killed.

"As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last loose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."

-- Commissioner Pravin Lal, "Librarian's Preface"

You are
Commisioner Pravin Lal
of the Peacekeeping Forces. You know that these are tough times, and humanity may soon become extinct if the leaders of Planet don't at least try to work together. When it suits them. So between Planetary Council meetings, you might want to bring your Peacekeeping Forces along to pay some faction a visit and help keep their perimeter defences fully staffed. And while you're at it, you'll keep the faction leader tied up in beauracratic red tape making sure they're keeping to all the regulations laid down in the U.N. charter for the Alpha Centauri mission. But I'm sure they won't mind. After all, you're doing them a favour, right?

In other words, you're a
Jailkeeper
. Each night, you may PM me the name of one other living player and attempt to both protect them from any kill attempts and prevent them from carrying out any night actions.

"Mankind has been blind for thousands of years-for all of its history. We have come to a place whose wonders are a hundred-fold more amazing than anything on Earth. Around us is clear evidence of the will of a higher power. I bring the Vision to the blind eyes of men. I bring the Word to the deaf ears of men. I will make them see it. I will make them hear it."

-- Prophet Cha Dawn, "Planet Rising"

You are
Prophet Cha Dawn
of the Cult of Planet. You have reached a deep understanding with Planet, and can communicate with her indiginent life and persuade it to do your bidding. So if you're having trouble getting your voice heard at the Planetary Council meetings, you might find that sending a boil of mind worms to pay someone a visit gets your point across very effectively. Be warned, however, that mind worm attacks do not make for the most subtle of assassinations; anyone killed in this fashion will leave a very distinctive corpse, and while nobody will be able to
prove
that you are responsible, you might find that the general paranoid atmosphere on Planet these days leads them to drop the "innocent until proven guilty" doctrine.

In other words, you're a
Vigilante
. Each night, you may PM the name of another living player, and you will attempt to kill them.

"Those who join us need give up only half of their humanity--the illogical, ill-tempered, and disordered half, commonly thought of as 'right-brain' functioning. In exchange, the 'left-brain' capacities are increased to undreamed potential. The tendency of Biologicals to cling instead to their individual personalities can only be attributed to archaic evolutionary tendencies."

-- Prime Function Aki-Zeta 5, "Convergence"

You are
Prime Function Aki-Zeta 5
of the Cybernetic Consciousness. You know that if only the other faction leaders could be persuaded to give up their attachment to the unnecessary emotions that rule them, humanity could prosper on Planet. The Consciousness has developed a method to forcefully induct one of the other faction leaders into its' numbers, but only has the resources to carry out the algorithm once, and doing so will leave you totally vulnerable to attack from the more unscrupulous leaders, so you'd best choose wisely. As if you'd choose any other way.

In other words, you're a
One-Shot Masonier
. Once during the game, at night, you may PM me the name of another living player. If they are aligned with the town, you will be able to communicate with them in private at all times from the following day onwards. If they are not aligned with the town, however, you will be killed.

"Now it's day and night the irons clang, and like poor galley slaves
We toil and toil, and when we die, must fill dishonored graves
But some dark night, when everything is silent in the town
I'll shoot those tyrants one and all, I'll gun the flogger down
I'll give the land a little shock, remember what I say,
And they'll yet regret they've sent Jim Jones in chains to Botany Bay."

-- "Jim Jones", Traditional

You are
Foreman Domai
of the Free Drones. Having a strong affinity with the downtrodden masses, you are able to incite a riot in any other faction's central base, keeping the faction leader too busy restoring order to pay a visit to anyone else between Planetary Council meetings.

In other words, you're a
Roleblocker
. At night, you may PM me the name of another living player. If that player attempts any night action, you will attempt to prevent them from carrying it out.

"What's more important, the data or the jazz? Sure, sure, 'Information should be free' and all that--but anyone can set information free. The jazz is in how you do it, what you do it to, and in almost getting caught without getting caught. The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz."

-- Datatech Sinder Roze, "Infobop"

You are
Datatech Sinder Roze
of the Data Angels. You have the most elite probe teams on Planet, with far superior training in the ways of stealth and espionage than any others. No matter how the other faction leaders try to keep their movements shrouded in secrecy, your teams will use everything at their disposal to find out what they can.

In other words, you're a
Tracker
. At night, you may PM me the name of another living player. If that player performs any night action (excepting the Narcissist's night kill), you will attempt to find out who they target.

"The sea ... vast, mysterious ... and full of wealth! And the nations of Planet send their trade across it without a thought. Well, the sea doesn't care about them, so it lets them pass. But we can give the sea a little hand in teaching the landlubbers a lesson in humility."

-- Captain Ulrik Svensgaard, "The Ripple and the Wave"

You are
Captain Ulrik Svensgaard
of the Nautilus Pirates. While the rest of those fools engage in petty squabbles over land, you roam free on the high seas, where none can touch you. However, loath as you are to admit, the ocean can't support you indefinitely, and sometimes you must make stops at Safe Haven to stock up on resources.

In other words, you're a
Commuter
. During the night, you may choose to commute, in which case any night actions targeting you will fail. However, you can only do this every other night; if you choose to commute one night, you will not be able to do so the next.

The Alignments

8 players will also receive:
...and you're an
Isolationist
. You're happy to co-exist peacefully with the other faction leaders, and your goal is to eliminate the ones that aren't.

You win when all members of the S.C.U.M. Alliance and the Narcissist are dead, and at least one Isolationist survives.
3 players will also receive:
...and you're a member of the Society of Centauri for the Unity of Mankind (or
S.C.U.M. Alliance
). You have decided that the goals and ideals of XXXX and YYYY are compatible with your own, and have formed a Pact of Siblinghood with them to try to conquer Planet together.

At night, you may communicate with your Pact Siblings using the following link: [URL], and you may choose one member of the Alliance to attempt to assassinate one of the other faction leaders instead of performing their usual night action (if any).

You win when all survivors are members of the S.C.U.M. Alliance, or it is inevitable that this will be the case,
or
if any phase (Day or Night) begins with exactly two players alive, and one is a member of the Alliance and the other is an Isolationist.
1 player will also receive:
...and you're the
Narcissist
. You have decided that the only acceptable path for mankind is total submission to your will.

Each night, in addition to your usual night action (if any), you may also attempt to assassinate one of the other faction leaders. This kill cannot be redirected by Yang's power, or tracked by Roze's power or any player with Zakharov's Cloaking Device.

You win when you are the sole survivor,
or
if any phase (Day or Night) begins with exactly two players alive, and you are one of them.

Some notes (more will be added if it is discovered that further clarifications are needed):

Resolution order for night actions:

1. Commuting
2. Blocking
3. Redirecting
4. Invention Giving
5. Protection (Blocking and protection functions of Jailkeeping will b resolved separately)
6. Killing
7. Vote Buying
8. Masoning
9. Tracking

- All night kills will be indistinguishable, EXCEPT Cha Dawn's vig kills, which will have their own distinct flavour.
- If two players (or three forming a loop) block each other, they will be shown to target each other if tracked.
- If three players block each other in a chain (A blocks B, B blocks C, C blocks D), all players except the one at the start of the chain will be blocked (in this case B, C and D will be blocked).
- Players receiving inventions from Zakharov will be informed of such at the beginning of the following phase (ie. at the start of Night One for the invention given during Day One, and at the start of the following day for inventions given during each night).
- If Aki-Zeta 5 is blocked while attempting to use her power, it will not be used up; she will be able to use it again on another night. If any player using one of Zakharov's inventions is blocked, they WILL be used up.
- If, however, Aki-Zeta 5's target is killed (and she is not blocked), her power WILL be used up.
Last edited by iamausername on Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:22 am

Post by iamausername »

The pregame phase will now begin. Players are free to ask any questions about the way the roles work, and each player will select their role.

The randomised order for role drafting is:

1. Oman
2. charter
3. MacavityLock
4. Empking
5. Cephrir
6. Crazy
7. farside22
8. christiano drago
9. Gremwell
10. Drunken Piper
11. Occam
12. MonkeyMan576

Each player has twelve hours (starting from the moment the previous player makes their choice) to choose a role. If they fail to do so within these twelve hours, the next player on the list may make their choice. Any player skipped over in this way can make their choice at any time.

Oman
, your twelve hours begin now!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:31 am

Post by charter »

If Oman takes my choice I'm gonna cry.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:38 am

Post by farside22 »

Hi everyone. Very excited to play. Never did small town before.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:30 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I bet I know which role I'm getting...
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Occam »

I call Commisioner Pravin Lal.
Slice.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Occam wrote:I call Commisioner Pravin Lal.
I call good luck with that one.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

Well I got 3 in my head so we will see.
Monkey I see Supersaint in your future. :P
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Drunken Piper »

bah number 10,
does not make me grin
(hic)
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by Oman »

"Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

-- Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

You are
Chairman Sheng-ji Yang
of the Human Hive. You have a very convincing way about you; somehow others find that they are compelled to agree with certain offhand suggestions you might make to them. Now, the other faction leaders are well aware of this little trick of yours, and they'll be expecting you to use it in the Council meetings, which rather effecitvely immunizes them against it. They might not be so wary when it comes to outside matters, however, so it may not be entirely useless to you.

In other words, you're a
Redirector
. Each night, you may PM me the name of another living player that you wish to redirect, and the name of any living player (including yourself) that you wish to be their new target. If successful, any night action the first player attempts (excepting the Narcissist's night kill) will target the second player instead of their original choice.
Just to confirm, does this include the S.C.U.M. Night kill?

Anyway, my deep love of busdrivers leads me to this choice. I'll have to stick with it. In a smalltown game it allows you to really throw the metaphorical spanner in the works with the "direct to me" section being even better.

I don't know why I rationalised my choice right there, there was no need to, but lets face it, I'm interested why everyone chooses their role especially without an alignment to sway them. Is anyone picking a role because they think it would be excellent to have as scum?

Note: I heart smalltown.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by farside22 »

Is anyone picking a role because they think it would be excellent to have as scum?
My choices where mainly just because it was something I wanted to play and havent' had the chance.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Oman »

Why supersaint Farside, you think thats the least important role here? Give scum that role, along with a doctor or a redirector, and thats an invulnerable person right there.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

Oman wrote:Why supersaint Farside, you think thats the least important role here? Give scum that role, along with a doctor or a redirector, and thats an invulnerable person right there.
As far as I know with supersaints they can't be saved by a doc or redirector. Usually superstaint days during the day and takes someone with them. Doc and redirect is night actions.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by charter »

"Mankind has been blind for thousands of years-for all of its history. We have come to a place whose wonders are a hundred-fold more amazing than anything on Earth. Around us is clear evidence of the will of a higher power. I bring the Vision to the blind eyes of men. I bring the Word to the deaf ears of men. I will make them see it. I will make them hear it."

-- Prophet Cha Dawn, "Planet Rising"

You are
Prophet Cha Dawn
of the Cult of Planet. You have reached a deep understanding with Planet, and can communicate with her indiginent life and persuade it to do your bidding. So if you're having trouble getting your voice heard at the Planetary Council meetings, you might find that sending a boil of mind worms to pay someone a visit gets your point across very effectively. Be warned, however, that mind worm attacks do not make for the most subtle of assassinations; anyone killed in this fashion will leave a very distinctive corpse, and while nobody will be able to
prove
that you are responsible, you might find that the general paranoid atmosphere on Planet these days leads them to drop the "innocent until proven guilty" doctrine.

In other words, you're a
Vigilante
. Each night, you may PM the name of another living player, and you will attempt to kill them.
I actually realized I would like the roleblocker the same amount, but gotta go vig.

Supersaint is one of the better roles here in my opinon. Worst is inventor if you wind up being town, or commuter.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Vig and Redirector were 2 of the 4 roles I had picked out. Now time to weigh the benefits of the other 2.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

"Now it's day and night the irons clang, and like poor galley slaves
We toil and toil, and when we die, must fill dishonored graves
But some dark night, when everything is silent in the town
I'll shoot those tyrants one and all, I'll gun the flogger down
I'll give the land a little shock, remember what I say,
And they'll yet regret they've sent Jim Jones in chains to Botany Bay."

-- "Jim Jones", Traditional

You are
Foreman Domai
of the Free Drones. Having a strong affinity with the downtrodden masses, you are able to incite a riot in any other faction's central base, keeping the faction leader too busy restoring order to pay a visit to anyone else between Planetary Council meetings.

In other words, you're a
Roleblocker
. At night, you may PM me the name of another living player. If that player attempts any night action, you will attempt to prevent them from carrying it out.
Pa-dow. Gimme some a dat roleblockin' action.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

PS
Oman wrote:Is anyone picking a role because they think it would be excellent to have as scum?
Yes, but the converse is also true. If I'm scum, I want my role. If I'm town, I want the scum to not have my role. Win-win!
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Occam »

mec wrote: I call good luck with that one.
Are you opposed to me being jailkeeper son?
Slice.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Occam wrote:
mec wrote: I call good luck with that one.
Are you opposed to me being jailkeeper son?
Not at all. I just doubt it'll get to you.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by iamausername »

Oman wrote:Just to confirm, does this include the S.C.U.M. Night kill?
It does indeed.

Oman
is
Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, Redirector
charter
is
Prophet Cha Dawn, Vigilante
MacavityLock
is
Foreman Domai, Roleblocker
Empking
is
Sister Miriam Godwinson, Supersaint
. (He sent me his top 4 choices by PM).

Cephrir
is up!
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by Occam »

If anyone takes Commisioner Pravin Lal I will slice them with my razor.
Slice.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by charter »

Roles that are worthless if you are scum: Bus driver, masonier, and to a lesser extent jailkeeper.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by Occam »

charter wrote: Roles that are worthless if you are scum: Bus driver, masonier, and to a lesser extent jailkeeper.
Jailkeeper is bomb if you're scum as long as you use it right.
Slice.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”