Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Korts »

I'd guess a mafia roleblocker. Does anything else make sense?
scumchat never die
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

We could have another 5 page discussion on the possibility of a mafia roleblocker, but somewhow I think I'd rather wait for the lynch.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:59 am

Post by Elmo »

a) They would have blocked Korts when he was scheduled to kill Vollkan.
b) This was my "problem" earlier, but I then realised we can still force a win in this situation regardless of who you believe. I wouldn't elaborate, because I'm curious if anyone else sees it; also, I simply can't be bothered.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Adel »

Death Scene

Raging Rabbit was killed. He was a vanilla townie.

Korts got lynched. He was a Serial Killer.

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

final votecount

with 5 alive, 3 will lynch before deadline

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

¬Korts:
:DrippingGoofball, Raging Rabbit, Elmo,

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, Korts,

The town wins.

Day 1
1. roflcopter --> protects --> destructor
2. Guardian --> tracks --> destructor (Guardian died before end of day, received no result)
3. Sensfan (mafia) --> kills --> Gaurdian (dead)
4. Elmo --> investigates --> Battle Mage (innocent)
5. Korts (Sk) --> kills --> destructor (failed due to doc protect)

Day 2
1. roflcopter --> protects --> destructor
2. Korts(Sk) --> kills --> Kison (dead)
3. SensFan (mafia) --> kills --> destructor (failed due to doc protect)
4. Elmo (cop) did not submit a cop investigation.

Day 3
1. roflcopter --> protects --> DGB (did he think his previous two protects failed?) (does he end up thinking that DGB is innocent if there is only 1 kill?)
2. vollkan (mafia) --> kills --> Korts (fails. SK is immune to kills)
3. Korts (SK) --> kills --> Yosarian 2 (dead)
4. Elmo (cop) --> investigates --> Raging Rabbit (Innocent!)

Day 4
1. roflcopter --> protects --> Raging Rabbit
2. vollkan (mafia) --> kills --> roflcopter (doctor, finally!)
3. Elmo --> investigates --> vollkan (Guilty!)
4. Korts --> kills --> vollkan (dead)

Day 5
1. Elmo --> investigates Korts --> guilty
2. Korts --> kills --> Raging Rabbit (dead) (sent right after the hammer & doesn't really change anything, so I let it go through)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Korts »

Well, it was worth a try anyway...

I'm surprised I survived for so long. Good game town, especially des.
scumchat never die
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Kison »

Fun game. The pace was perfect. Thanks for the invite.

Good job on the protections, roflcopter. Because of them, your scummy demeanor is forgiven. :)
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Adel »

was the setup balanced? I think it was, but the town played very strongly. I really didn't expect a player to get himself confirmed pro-town on day 1, and for the player to be protected from kills twice.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Korts »

I feel it was balanced, yeah. And thanks for the invitation and the flawless modding :)
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Korts »

By the way, why did the mafia want to kill me Day 3? I thought I would've been an easy lynch anytime.
scumchat never die
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:30 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Woe to the wabbit. Why, Korts, why? :P

Very good game, the setup and modding really helped the pace become much faster and more enjoyable than it usually is. Also this is without a doubt the strongest town I've ever been a part of, special props to rofl and des. Personally, I'm quite proud to have been dead on with my two D1 suspects.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

And yeah, I think the setup is well balanced. Said so in the thread before.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Korts »

I think this town's deserving of a nomination.
scumchat never die
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Guardian »

I've been reading along...

Game was balanced, maf got unlucky and then made poor kill choices.

Yosarian2 was obviously, obviously scum. Yosarian2, I've got your number. I PM'd Adel this, and explained why you were scum. I wish I'd gotten the chance to explain why.

I was pretty obviously killed because of my comment that we shouldn't put people at lynch -1, imo... Korts, was that it, or did you really think that killing me would look like scum hunting??

If Korts was really a vig I'd have been very annoyed, I keep dying night 1 due to vigs who are the only ones who suspect me...

I think the town wasted a lot of time and lynches, just the mafia got so unlucky/unskillful that it didn't matter. Days 1 and 2 lynches made absolutely no sense to me. Waiting to lynch Korts made no sense either, to me. RagingRabit was notably good as town.

Cheers all, I look forward to playing with you again.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Adel »

Korts wrote:I think this town's deserving of a nomination.
Korts nominated the town for a scummie, and I seconded here.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Guardian »

As a town member who read the game I disagree, but hey what do I know.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Adel »

populartajo wrote:
Conclusion
Either rolf and des are manipulating me like shit but they really scream town to me. DGB also felt town until he had that chat with CKD some pages ago, totally exaggerating an hypothesis the later brought to the table.
Elmo hasnt posted much but he also feels town. Gut.
BM is just being BM but slightly scummy.
Korts also I dont find him particularly scummy but there is something I dont like about him. Prob related to his stance in the rolf-CKD battle. Will reread him soon to have a better feeling about him.
Yos and Vollkan are hard to read but I expected to get a town read from them but havent. So neutral and will look closely at his post some time from now.
CKD felt scummy since page 5, pushing a weak case, and then went V/LA. When he came back he voted himsef. Yeah, he is the one I want to lynch today.
Kison at the same time also feels off sometimes, for not seeing the blatant CKD's scumminess. Add Sensefan to that group.
RR doesnt post much and when he does he generally asks questions. Not too fan of this.
this was populartajo's third post in the game. He nailed it.
roflcoptor stayed hidden long enough to protect 4 times, and to of his doc protects prevented a kill.
Destructor somehow got himself confirmed as pro-town to almost everyone on day 1.
Raging Rabbit kept on making really astute posts like
As for game balance, GF + 3 goons vs. cop + doc + tracker + vig seems excessive, but trading the vig for an SK seems unbalanced the other way around. The two setups that make the most sense to me are GF + 2 goons + SK vs. cop + doc + tracker + 7 townies (Korts is scum), or GF + 3 goons vs. doc + tracker + vig + 7 townies (Elmo is scum).
The only real mistake made by any town player was Elmo not sending in an investigation during day 2. Even though he had an innocent on BM from day 1, I don't think that it was a mistake for him to not clear BM. Letting BM hang was probably good for the town.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Korts »

Actually, Guardian, I wasn't even the one who killed you. I just took credit for it since it fit into the profile of me being vig slightly better than the failed kill on des.
scumchat never die
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Kison »

Why did you kill me? I
was
hoping to eat a kill by threatening to go after the CKD voters, but I'm not so sure that's why I actually died.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

It turns out I really like Deep South games, makes for more exciting and better flowing days and saves the bother of wasting time on nights. I'm thinking of running one as a mini theme when my open game is finished. Would you mind if I borrow your rules, Adel? :)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Korts »

I actually felt you are scum, and tried to gain back some town cred. Same with the Yos kill.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Korts »

EBWOP: answering Kison, of course.
scumchat never die
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I read parts of the game. I thought about coming in and replacing BM said no at first because of some real life stuff and when that cleared up you guys had already lynched BM so I couldn't really tell adel my mind had changed so to speak. But at least what I read was good.

Doctors and just the element of a kill being prevented is noticibly starting to have a larger effect on mafia games in general as of recent. Is it because people are getting better as docs or is it because people too oftenly make the obvious choice on kill and protect. Hopefully its not that the effects of a doctor are being underestimated in setups. In general I think there needs to be more setups run without docs at all. But until the meta gets like that, nice work Rolf.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Adel »

I have high hopes for the Deep South format. Cannibal Sex Cult Mafia is still in the works, and as a fully closed and very intricate Theme Game full of disturbing flavor it should be my opus.

I think I need to run at least one more semi-open and relatively normal Deep South game first, since I'm still working the kinks out of how to write and manage and balance roles for this kind of game.

What do you guys think of these?

Doctor You are a Doctor, dedicated to saving lives. If you PM me the name of one player before end of a day, that player will be protected from
one
kill for
the rest of that period of day
the next period of day
. You can not protect yourself. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

You win if only town-aligned players are alive at the end of the game.

this will nerf the doctor a little, and clean up the sequence of move resolution a little. I want to avoid having a race to see who can submit a move first following the start of a new day.

RoleblockerYou are a Roleblocker.

Each day you may PM me the name of a player. That player’s action
, if it has not yet been submitted for that period of day,
will not occur
during the next period of day
. If I do not receive a PM before end of a day, you will not block any player
during the next day
. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. If you are targeted by another roleblocker your attempted block will not take effect, and you will not be informed.

also revised to clean up the sequence of power role resolution

Tracker You are a Tracker. Each day you may PM the name of one player before the end of that day. If that player targeted any other players during
that
the next
period of day after I receive your PM, I will tell you (via PM at the end of the day) the names of those players targeted.
If your action is blocked you will not be informed.
I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. I will deliver your investigation results
at the end of the next period of day
by sending you a PM containing the quoted text of your action PM along with either "none" or the names of the players that your target targeted.
If your investigation is blocked you will receive a PM containing the quoted text of your action PM along with "none".

Revised to make the role a little bit less confusing. It probably needs a little more work.

~~~
Raging Rabbit wrote:It turns out I really like Deep South games, makes for more exciting and better flowing days and saves the bother of wasting time on nights. I'm thinking of running one as a mini theme when my open game is finished. Would you mind if I borrow your rules, Adel? :)
Sure, but I think my ruleset is getting a little sloppy -- I know that I need to clean them up a little. I'd even be happy to review it for you. I really want to popularize the format since I think it yields a better paced game.

~~~
Pokerface wrote:Doctors and just the element of a kill being prevented is noticibly starting to have a larger effect on mafia games in general as of recent. Is it because people are getting better as docs or is it because people too oftenly make the obvious choice on kill and protect. Hopefully its not that the effects of a doctor are being underestimated in setups. In general I think there needs to be more setups run without docs at all. But until the meta gets like that, nice work Rolf.
I think your observation, if true (I need stats to be sure), is just a symptom of town players winning the meta WIFOM game. Soon (if not immediately) the scum will start targeting the second-most-townie player and stop getting blocked by doctors as often... until the doctors start protecting the second-most-townie players.

Even though you'd risk playing in another game with a doctor, I hope you'll play in my next game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Well I'm not sure if I want that to happen. I support more wagons than I start partially because it is my playstyle and partially because I'm not the greatest and imediatly observing someone's scuminess. And when I am the strongest player in the game I sometimes purposely continue this effort of striving to be second so that I don't get killed by scum that much. Comes natural sometimes out of there being better players around me and comes purposely when I realize I am the obv next kill I got to let someone else cut in line.

And I do hope to be able to play in your next game.

I hope Sensfan killed guardian out of thinking Guardian was tracker and not out of that signup thread joking stuff I did before the game even started. I have reasons for disliking some of guardians modding methods but he is still a very ok guy to playwith. I was just messing around with the guy somewhat. I might even be daring enough to join another of his games some day pending what the game is about. Normal games don't entertain me as much as theme games. This is technically a deep south theme game I guess
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I ain't going to force or hound you to do it adel but if you do run those numbers on doctors and or find town to just be more oftenly winning the game of WIFOM. Let me know. I think it would be good to see that data

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”