Mini 707: Cops and Robbers Mafia (Game Over)

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:32 am

Post by charter »

Vote Count:

Fuzzyman - 1 (corporate)
mykonian - 1 (Green Crayons)
corporate - 1 (Fuzzyman)
Green Crayons - 1 (Empking

Not Voting: (5)

crywolf20084
q21
Mizzy
Ether
mykonian

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by q21 »

Empking wrote:
q21 wrote:
Empking wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:You know, I'm confused. What exactly was I doing yesterday that was pulling the wool over people's eyes? Your suspicion of me hasn't really made sense.
You were acting more, superficially, pro-town.
What makes you think it was superficial on day 1? What you propose is possible, but I don't think you've given any reason for it to be probable. I like my protown read on GC.
His lack of actually helping the town lynch scum.
Point me to someone who has helped the town lynch scum.
Empking wrote:We know who isn't helping. The person who's only target is the (confirmed) Pro-town Simpor.
This. Is. So. Bad.

Vote Empking

I haven't had the chance to look over his posts yet, but I fail to see the need considering how scummy that position is. As Gc pointed out so eloquently... he wasn't even the driving force behind the Simpor lynch.
Green Crayons wrote: As a side note, does anyone else know if Emp is always like this? I'm hesitant to suspect him because mainly his adherance to failed/no logic just irritates the piss out of me and I don't know if that is weighing a disproportionate bias in my suspicion towards him.
This is the reason I've held off voting him so long. In the one other game I played with him he was annoying and illogical and almost got himself lynched day 2 as the cop. He has, however, now pushed whatever tolerance I may have had for him out the window.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

GC has only tried to lynch Simp?

Unvote; Vote: Empking

I'll tell you what, though. If you can somehow explain how this statement and GC's 417 can peacefully coexist, I'll unvote. But only then.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

Vote: Empking

Your posts are ridiculous. I cannot believe that you think GC was only going after Simpor. He went after Mizzy hardcore for quiet a bit. Then went to corperate, myself, and THEN Simpor.

Get your facts straight.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:50 pm

Post by Empking »

Fuzzyman wrote:GC has only tried to lynch Simp?

Unvote; Vote: Empking

I'll tell you what, though. If you can somehow explain how this statement and GC's 417 can peacefully coexist, I'll unvote. But only then.
1 short sentance does not mean he was actually trying to lynch CryWolf.

Please point out where I said that GC was the driving force behind the Simpor lynch.

Please point out where I said that GC's only target being Simpor was scummy as opposed to not helping the town.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:08 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

q21 wrote:
Empking wrote:We know who isn't helping. The person who's only target is the (confirmed) Pro-town Simpor.
There. To me that sounds like your talking about GC had only one target.

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:10 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Green Crayons wrote:Mish-mash of my thoughts.

crywolf wrote:You are no better than me, unless you are one of two roles. Mason, you have someone who is knowning on your side. Or Scum, then you know who you should jump onto.
There are some other things that you maybe a tracker/watcher/cop or some other information gathering role and you know something that I don't at this point of time.
Ether seems to think that this isn't a big deal, but crywolf totally made a jump here that I think is pretty big. The above quote is in reference to Ether's comment: "I'm summarizing my behavior toward you: ... getting annoyed because you had the nerve to insinuate that
I was no better than you
." That emphasis was crywolf's in her response, not in Ether's original post. But it should be noted that this emphasized portion wasn't Ether referencing knowing more about the game. At all. She was talking about being productive and active and otherwise helpful. So from that, crywolf suddenly thinks (as seen in the pulled quote above) that somehow Ether was flaunting a power-role status. Or a lack thereof. The whole thing just seems off since Ether was talking about involvement and crywolf started talking about who has (and has not) power roles. And who better to know if someone has a scum power role or not? It just strikes me as funny (in a weird way), and I don't see how it's not as suspicious (if not more so) as Simpor taking this thread and running with it. I'll also note that she picks up this thread even after Simpor, and on 206 comments upon her thoughts re: Ether's power-role status. Because...?

crywolf wrote:I don't know if I like your vote on Simpor, Ether. Truthfully, I think Ether's acting very scummy, not power-role-y.
The above comes from November 25th. On November 29th, crywolf does her PBP analysis of Simpor. When questioned by Patrick about her apparent heel-faced turn, her response is: "At first he was neutral because he had so few posts, but now with 10+ posts, and the usual expanse between the posts, I have a feeling with his supposed limited experience that he doesn't know how to play town." It should be noted that between her not-comfortable-with-Ether's-vote-on-Simpor stage (she thought he was only a 4.5 on November 23rd, after all) and her PBP (which notably lacked any hard points against Simpor other than a summary), Simpor only posts four times. So within the time span of four days and with four posts, she is confident to say that because of the "usual expanse between the posts" (which simple math averages one post per day during the time period where she had a change of heart) is extensive, she apparently feels that Simpor is second in line to be scum because of his apparently purposeful lack of activity. It just looks like re-positioning.

crywolf wrote:Add-on: And your last sentence, especially the words "and pointing out that I myself am not lurking is "too far."" is pretty much waving a neon sign saying: LOOK I'm acting town!!!
crywolf wrote:I chose to ignore this for a reason. Seriously, I don't like when people go spewing "Lookie at meee!! I'm tooooooown!!!!"
Are you really accusing someone for being too townie? Seriously, I think you infected Mizzy. Get yourself detoxed.

So, yeah. I find crywolf suspicious. Somehow makes a leap that Ether is somehow alluding to the fact that she does/doesn't have a power role and faults her for it. Then she faults Ether again for contributing and wanting others to contribute, classifying it as an attempt to "control the town" ...by asking them to contribute by answering questions. Then faults Ether again for being too much of a townie. It's like she has some underlying motive for attempting to heap suspicion on Ether for no good reason. I'll note at this moment in time that Simpor has also kept Ether high on his suspicion list.

And her heel faced turn re: Simpor is super weak.

Ether: Why should I vote Simpor? I'll delve into why I can't currently buy into a vote for him, and you help me see things your way.

Your original assertion was that he was fishing for power roles... but crywolf pulled power roles out of her ass, laid it on the table for everyone to see/comment upon, and then even picked up the conversation later.

You then (post 207) say you dislike the juxtaposition of "How dare you ask me about Ped" and "I like questions," but those aren't quotes, they're paraphrased sentences and you ignore a part of his post entirely... which completely and totally warps what the post was.

You asked: Simpor, what do you like from Ped?
And why the hell
do you care if Crywolf thinks I have a power role? (My emphasis.)
He responded: I could ask you,
why the hell
do you care what I like about Ped? (My emphasis.)

If you don't see that he was mimicking your tone/word usage, you're being willfully blind. Hardly an "overreaction" (as you framed it in your post 246), at least no more so than your original overreacting in phrasing such a statement. He also responds to your question, further showing that he wasn't saying "How dare you ask me about Ped" but saying "Why do you have to be so abrasive and because I'm reacting to your perceived hostility I'm going to be abrasive right back at you." The straw-man argument re: fear mongering is shaky, simply because it was a general statement that is, generally, true.
Patrick wrote:What I saw about Simpor was more that he seemed to go to some length to avoid explaining why he asked the question in the first place, instead he seemed to throw it back at Ether, then pointing to crywolf with a, "but she did it as well!" type of defence (which I would disagree with anyway). He has actually answered it now, but not especially convincingly;
seems kind of obvious he was asking her for a reaction. Why would it have been useful to get crywolf's take on whether or not Ether's a powerole
?
This is the only real thing I can get behind in suspecting Simpor.

Ether/Patrick: If Simpor turns up town, who should we have lynched instead? If Simpor turns up scum, who is most likely to be the scum-buddies?

Vote: crywolf
, because a no vote is a wasted vote. And she's most suspicious to me at this point.
Is this one sentence, Emp?

One more post I believe.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:16 am

Post by Empking »

crywolf20084 wrote:
q21 wrote:
Your point?

The fact that's completely dropped it, suggests that he did not legitimitely think you're scum.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:19 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Okay you never said anything about GC being the driving force to Simpor's lynch but you did say that
Emp wrote: We know who isn't helping. The person who's only target is the (confirmed) Pro-town Simpor.
that to me seems like a person who has flippin' tunnel vision. You had your sites on GC since you came into this game. You only changed to fuzzy and clearly you've seemed to come off of him.
Empking wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:
q21 wrote:
Your point?

The fact that's completely dropped it, suggests that he did not legitimitely think you're scum.
Yes well I shall not quote the numerous posts he had about corperate, or Mizzy for that matter.

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:19 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

Empking wrote: 1 short sentance does not mean he was actually trying to lynch CryWolf.
Meh, you're right; that was just an emotional post. But take a look at 331.
Please point out where I said that GC was the driving force behind the Simpor lynch.
I never said that you said that he was.
Please point out where I said that GC's only target being Simpor was scummy as opposed to not helping the town.
I never said that you said that, either. I don't even see how the absence of your saying these things affects anything. The thing is, you're reaching hard for a case on GC that simply doesn't exist.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:20 am

Post by mykonian »

He is at L-1 if I'm not wrong. That's why I wait with my vote.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:20 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Fuzzyman wrote:The thing is, you're reaching hard for a case on GC that simply doesn't exist.
This.

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:22 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

mykonian wrote:He is at L-1 if I'm not wrong. That's why I wait with my vote.
L-2 I thought. There's myself, Fuzzy, and Q21. That's all I think.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:24 am

Post by mykonian »

sorry, read the votecount the wrong way: now he is at L-1

vote empking

I think fuzzy is spot on.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:25 am

Post by Empking »

crywolf20084 wrote:Okay you never said anything about GC being the driving force to Simpor's lynch but you did say that
Emp wrote: We know who isn't helping. The person who's only target is the (confirmed) Pro-town Simpor.
that to me seems like a person who has flippin' tunnel vision. You had your sites on GC since you came into this game. You only changed to fuzzy and clearly you've seemed to come off of him.
Empking wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:
q21 wrote:
Your point?

Yes well I shall not quote the numerous posts he had about corperate, or Mizzy for that matter.
All of which are dropped.

He has three defenses.

1. He wasn't the driving force of the Simpor lynch. This is obviously a strawman.

2. Arguing that my case against him was for the Simpor thing. Again a Strawman.

3. I'm making .a case out of nothing. Completely unbacked up without evidence

The case against me is that I had someone I thought was scummy, before December the 21st.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:27 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

o________o are you kidding me?????????????????

Is that the only thing you have against GC is the fact
YOU
think he's strawman-ing??? Wow. Do you realize how reachy of a case that is???

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:32 am

Post by Green Crayons »

unvote
, since my attention will be rotating elsewhere momentarily.

I don't like Emp (for a variety of reasons), but I don't like how quickly his wagon grew either. It's an all too-easy lynch and the votes have come even easier - and when we're in the holiday season and any number of other players may be partially MIA because of family situations, I don't like how comfortable you four have been with putting him -1L (it has happened within the span of this single page, after all).

Let's have nobody hammer, please.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:34 am

Post by Empking »

Strawmanning is very scummy (and he does it more often than not). Fuzzyman & GC acting like buddies is scummy. GC dropping all his cases is scummy.

CW, what is the case on me. In your own words.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:35 am

Post by mykonian »

care to tell us where your attention can go, without mentioning emp? He is doing a good job of getting himself lynched.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:38 am

Post by Green Crayons »

myk wrote:care to tell us where your attention can go, without mentioning emp? He is doing a good job of getting himself lynched.
GC, in 649 wrote:Anyways, I hope to reread Mizzy and Fuzz during the holiday times. They're still on my top three list.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:45 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

In my own words?

It's reachy. All you have done is pull this case out of your ass since the moment you replaced in.

@GC: I too would like to see where your attentions are going to go.

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:46 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Green Crayons wrote:
myk wrote:care to tell us where your attention can go, without mentioning emp? He is doing a good job of getting himself lynched.
GC, in 649 wrote:Anyways, I hope to reread
Mizzy and Fuzz
during the holiday times. They're still on my top three list.
Bolded for Emp.

See he hasn't all together dropped those cases.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:47 am

Post by mykonian »

thank you GC. We'll wait.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Empking »

So you've got me on L-1 based on the fact that YOU think my case is "reachy" isn't your case even reachier.

GC strawmans a lot. Nobody has denied or contested that. The fact that I find this behavior scummy is not reachy

FM protects GC a lot. Again not contested. Again not reachy.

GC was voting Myk despite not considering him in his top three. Not reachy.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

Empking wrote: GC strawmans a lot. Nobody has denied or contested that. The fact that I find this behavior scummy is not reachy
Read the couple of pages right after your replacing in.
FM protects GC a lot. Again not contested. Again not reachy.
I'll protect anybody that I think is worth protecting. In this case, that person is GC.
GC was voting Myk despite not considering him in his top three. Not reachy.
Actually, I'm not sure that we know his entire top three, only that Mizzy and I are in it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”