JOAT uPick | FIN!

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4325 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:12 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 4.3

In the United States as far into the early 1800's the career path for artisans still began with apprenticeships to masters of the trade followed eventually by moving into independent production. The power and traditions of apprenticeship systems in the UK were much stronger than in the US.

Doctor Drew (2):
Laplacian, MariaR
Ircher (2):
HolySpiritTurtle, Cabd
Laplacian (1):
Ircher

Not Voting (3):
Dunnstral, lemon.tangerine, Doctor Drew

With 10 alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate

Deadline: February 21, Midnight US Eastern Time

countdown: (expired on 2024-02-20 21:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • If you see an error in this or any other vote count please let me know
  • :]

Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4326 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:12 am

Post by Laplacian »

Ircher argument makes sense to me. My main reason for townreading him was the roleblock gift, but is strong. And him posting about me and Dunnstral and completely ignoring the discussion about him immediately before is bad vibes.

VOTE: Ircher
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #4327 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:36 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 4326, Laplacian wrote: My main reason for townreading him was the roleblock gift
You shouldn't town read me off of that.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4328 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:56 pm

Post by Cabd »

I mean why should we then?
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
lemon.tangerine
lemon.tangerine
he/him
Goon
lemon.tangerine
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4329 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:14 pm

Post by lemon.tangerine »

2 votes from hammering ircher hmmmm
What you doing? Who do you scum? Is it me?
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4330 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:52 pm

Post by Laplacian »

In post 4327, Ircher wrote:
In post 4326, Laplacian wrote: My main reason for townreading him was the roleblock gift
You shouldn't town read me off of that.
Agrees, that's why I'm voting you :D
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #4331 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:56 pm

Post by Ircher »

No, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't have been town reading me earlier based off of that.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4332 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:21 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 4331, Ircher wrote: No, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't have been town reading me earlier based off of that.
Why were you seemingly town reading Lap then(or at least didn't want them in your preferred lim order)?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #4333 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:48 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 4332, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 4331, Ircher wrote: No, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't have been town reading me earlier based off of that.
Why were you seemingly town reading Lap then(or at least didn't want them in your preferred lim order)?
I was scum reading Laplacian going into the night. I don't think I voiced that out loud, but that was indeed the case primarily due to this point that I made:
In post 4164, Ircher wrote: I was kind of suspect of the reloader ability because Laplacian could have easily used the roleblock invention then instead. (It would've made sense too since I think Joyboy claimed to be able to self-target. Thus, mafia could roleblock to prevent the self-heal and kill.) But it seems that ended up not being the case as Drew got roleblocked last night, so that does make me feel a little better about Laplace. I guess it wouldn't be impossible that Laplacian made the kill that night.
Post-claim, I was no longer actively scum reading Laplacian (but not town reading either). Then after thinking it through some more, I'm back at Laplacian is scum for using the roleblock last night rather than waiting for Bell and Pooky to be back in the game.

From a play standpoint, Laplacian has been solidly middle of the pack. Nothing stands out as egregiously scummy or as obvious town, and I've not spent a lot of time in general trying to discern Laplacian's alignmebt. Cabd's points make a lot of sense however and between that and the way the roleblock invention was used, I'm pretty confident that Laplacian is the last scum.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4334 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:50 pm

Post by Cabd »

So basically all three of (lap,ircher,drew) agree final scum is in that list but not them.

Should we go through the list of the rest one more time? We should start with me. I like talking about Me!
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4335 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:54 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 4333, Ircher wrote:
I was scum reading Laplacian going into the night. I don't think I voiced that out loud, but that was indeed the case primarily due to this point that I made:
In post 4164, Ircher wrote: I was kind of suspect of the reloader ability because Laplacian could have easily used the roleblock invention then instead. (It would've made sense too since I think Joyboy claimed to be able to self-target. Thus, mafia could roleblock to prevent the self-heal and kill.) But it seems that ended up not being the case as Drew got roleblocked last night, so that does make me feel a little better about Laplace. I guess it wouldn't be impossible that Laplacian made the kill that night.
Post-claim, I was no longer actively scum reading Laplacian (but not town reading either). Then after thinking it through some more, I'm back at Laplacian is scum for using the roleblock last night rather than waiting for Bell and Pooky to be back in the game.

From a play standpoint, Laplacian has been solidly middle of the pack. Nothing stands out as egregiously scummy or as obvious town, and I've not spent a lot of time in general trying to discern Laplacian's alignmebt. Cabd's points make a lot of sense however and between that and the way the roleblock invention was used, I'm pretty confident that Laplacian is the last scum.
Why would scum use it on me of all people though, that is the thing
In post 4334, Cabd wrote: So basically all three of (lap,ircher,drew) agree final scum is in that list but not them.

Should we go through the list of the rest one more time? We should start with me. I like talking about Me!
I don't believe I said that, I am somewhat going WOTC here
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #4336 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:55 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 4334, Cabd wrote: So basically all three of (lap,ircher,drew) agree final scum is in that list but not them.

Nah, it's not me, and I don't really think it's Drew at this point either. I think it's 70% chance Laplacian and 29% chance Dunnstral. 1% chance of anyone else.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4337 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:57 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I enjoyed your pushing of Bell, so like I said.....never vote you(even if you weren't conf town)

Oh you meant you wanted to start talking about us :wink:
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4338 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:58 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Again as well, if there isn't a 3p mucking things up, I will quit this site, I promise*

*Promise not valid on Sundays
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #4339 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:58 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 4335, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 4333, Ircher wrote:

Why would scum use it on me of all people though, that is the thing
It's more a matter of burning the ability. Laplacian knows he has to claim to use it on someone eventually, and furthermore, by your own claim, you hadn't used your abilities yet, so that gives a higher chance that using it on you wouldn't be a waste over someone else.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4340 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:04 pm

Post by Cabd »

If there is a third party, they are welcome to step forward and talk to me because chances are unless their win condition is explicitly impossible with mine, they will not find a better deal than while I am alive and willing to defend them from the "kill all third parties on the spot" faction.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4341 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:04 pm

Post by Cabd »

I just am unsure that there is. It doesn't fit with mod meta but hey maybe she is gonna shock me. It's that exact thrill that keeps me in closed setups.
Show

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #4342 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:05 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 4338, Doctor Drew wrote: Again as well, if there isn't a 3p mucking things up, I will quit this site, I promise*

I don't think there's a third party.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4343 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:08 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 4337, Doctor Drew wrote:

I enjoyed your pushing of Bell, so like I said.....never vote you(even if you weren't conf town)

No no, I literally meant talking about me and everyone else each person TOWN reads in addition to their scum case. Just in case I want pretty detailed opinions on record in case we hit town once or twice whoever is left in endgame final has a bunch of dead flipped town voices and opinions to consult.

Like I said as lto. Sometimes being overly cautious is very worth it. I've been burned by a "games already over lol" game state and then ended up having to nuke varsoon in final three out of what we thought was a win six cycles prior.
Show

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4344 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:13 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 4342, Ircher wrote:
In post 4338, Doctor Drew wrote: Again as well, if there isn't a 3p mucking things up, I will quit this site, I promise*

I don't think there's a third party.
I have been told that and then won as 3p

So who is lying about their role than? The growing consensus is you

Pre Edit: Ha, I actually thought that is what you meant, but went the joke route because I wasn't sure

I really don't get why Maria is lock towned, I do 'believe' she is town, and maybe it is her tunnel on me, but can't shake that something is off(and tbh, she is kinda why I feel there is a 3p)

From PoE Dunn could be scum, scumIrcher could be mentioning them to not seem to being after the easy target though.....but fuck me if you want me to read Dunn
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4345 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:37 pm

Post by Cabd »

My impression is Maria is claiming undefined "Town revealing role" such that she is literally openly mod confirmed before we get to final three.

It's not exactly a secret given how hard it's being talked about.

And her getting shot is fine for EV anyways.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4346 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:43 pm

Post by Cabd »

Also

Shower thought. What if it's 3 plus a traitor and that's what the "scab" reference laplacian keeps going on about is a hint towards? And then perhaps the first three didn't have any great scum partner interactions with whoever it is. (I mean of course unless it's Dunn which, it could be? But man that cheekyness of the code taunt then, but it's within his skills)
Show

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4347 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:46 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 4345, Cabd wrote: My impression is Maria is claiming undefined "Town revealing role" such that she is literally openly mod confirmed before we get to final three.

It's not exactly a secret given how hard it's being talked about.

And her getting shot is fine for EV anyways.
I saw the talk about it, but I unless someone is mech cleared as town....meh

Pre Edit: Oh traitor makes sense in that context
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #4348 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:51 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 4343, Cabd wrote:
In post 4337, Doctor Drew wrote:

No no, I literally meant talking about me and everyone else each person TOWN reads in addition to their scum case. Just in case I want pretty detailed opinions on record in case we hit town once or twice whoever is left in endgame final has a bunch of dead flipped town voices and opinions to consult.

Like I said as lto. Sometimes being overly cautious is very worth it. I've been burned by a "games already over lol" game state and then ended up having to nuke varsoon in final three out of what we thought was a win six cycles prior.
I think I've already done that. MariaR is in my never eliminate pile by the way that both Hu Tao and Light attempted to get her policy limmed.

HolySpirit, I town read mainly for mechanical reasons, but there also a few anti-associatives with Light. Likewise, I also town read you Cabd though I think your play is also town-indicative. However, if either of you are alive in 3p Lim Lo, I'm voting whichever one of you is alive.

lemon I'm not particularly town reading but not necessarily scum reading either. The way the bomb vest was handled was I guess a bit on the townie side. (If it were planned to call it off, I think Lemon would've waited a bit longer. Otherwise, it doesn't make a lot of sense to try to send it to your buddy. Although, did we ever confirm Lemon actually targeted who he said he did? We know he got redirected from the Watcher results, but I guess we can only guess what the original target was.) There's also that Hu Tao pushed lemon pretty aggressively as first, but I couldn't tell whether it was scum pushing a townie or just scum distancing knowing that early reads don't tend to blow up. Play from the slot has been very lackluster.

I think Drew is town. I feel Drew would be engaging less or at least less substantially here if Drew was the last scum. He legitimately seems to be still seeking the last scum, though my one doubt on this slot is maybe the current focus on third party.

Bell is town. Harmony's push against them clears him plus I think Bell eventually did town tell like he always does.

Pooky I guess could be scum. I don't really have a read there, but it seems like we're resolving the slot regardless, so....
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #4349 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:53 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 4346, Cabd wrote: Also

Shower thought. What if it's 3 plus a traitor and that's what the "scab" reference laplacian keeps going on about is a hint towards? And then perhaps the first three didn't have any great scum partner interactions with whoever it is. (I mean of course unless it's Dunn which, it could be? But man that cheekyness of the code taunt then, but it's within his skills)
Don't traitors typically get endgamed if main faction scum are dead?

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”