Newbie 74 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:50 pm

Post by mathcam »

Current Official Vote Count
: None!

Cam
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:25 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I am definitely leaning toward one person having much more chance being scum than the other, at this moment. I'm going to take a day or so, though, to post a good statement on the person-in-question's scumminess.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:44 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

The Replacements wrote:Absolution is out of the question
It makes no sense to apologize
The words I thought I brought I left behind,
So never mind
All over but the shouting, just a waste of time
Never mind
I'm not ready as I'll ever be
I climb the walls, I fall into the sea
I'm not ready as I'll ever be
And I suppose your guess is more or less as bad as mine
Never mind
And I suppose your guess is more or less as bad as mine
You oughta tell me, you oughta say if you're not sure
You oughta tell me, you got to help me remember
Never mind
Never mind
Never mind
Never mind
Never mind
Never mind
The words I thought I brought I left behind
So never mind
Talitha, we're going to lose this game over your stupid grudge. I urge you to reconsider. You're not being fair to the other townies; you can't bring your personal feelings into it like this.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:45 pm

Post by Talitha »

Heh, funny Locus.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:49 am

Post by mathcam »

Do you guys need a deadline?

Cam
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:13 am

Post by Talitha »

I don't think so, cam...

Waiting to hear from inHim, about who he suspects is the 2nd mafia.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:40 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Up to this point in the game, I'm pretty certain KingEnigma is our second Mafioso. My suspicions go back to whom he replaced (kieron). Also, I find it VERY unlikely for Myopia to be scum at this point. He was at it tooth and nail against Locus all Day 1. I would have expected to read a bit of relenting if they were partners. Also, Locus never really commented on kieron’s play Day 1, except for some minor corrections (page 3, I think).

There are the two posting quirks from KE that I’ve commented on – they raised flags to me, but the above statements are stronger reasons for my future vote.

Once I’ve heard from both Myopia and KE again I’ll be ready to end this day.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:47 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Talitha wrote:Heh, funny Locus.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yeah, you win, Talitha. I'm scum, Myopia's my scum buddy, you were just too smart for us both. Nothing to do but lose, lose, lose at this point. I wasn't expecting your clever strategy of lying to the town about who you investigated; I've cracked like a nut under your brutal interrogation.

Time to end my pitiful scummy life.
vote: Locus Cosecant

:roll: People like you ruin the game. :evil:
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:51 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Using backwards quintuple reverse psychology, my suspicions on KE stay as they are.
Show

:

Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:00 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

If you lynch me today, tomorrow won't matter. I don't expect any of you others to listen to me, but Talitha needs to start telling the truth.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:50 pm

Post by Myopia »

Sheesh.. locus is still trying to kill me.

Its enigma or inhim and im 70/30 at best. Its particularly difficult because kieron posted mostly questions while enigma was busy.

Heres my rundown of the thread for my suspects ignoring all of what we now know is crap. Note this is pretty in lacking in enigma content because he hasnt really said much.

post 20 - my infamous "attack" on kieron
post 21 - locus gets stuck into me
29 - kieron asks whether the experiences players "pre-planned" - i thought he really may have been playing the newbie card here but i kept my mouth shut at the time
37 - inhim votes for jdtay for the "not a good feeling" he got from jdtays "just keep your head down" warning to me
42 - jdtay claims doc after getting 2 and a bit votes
58 - kieron in one of his few substantive posts questions whether the doc should counterclaim
62 - kieron throws a "hail mary" to talitha and asks her what to do
65 - locus castigates kieron for asking talitha what to do
78 - kieron says talitha is helpful
92 - inhim votes kieron for his chart setting out the percentages of guiltiness - notably kieron mixes up jdtay and locus (?)
93 - locus fos's kieron for the mistake
94 - inhim votes kieron for the mistake
- i think this is notable generaly because it was a pretty obvious error
101 - talitha gives her chart with locus/inhim at the top
102/104/109 - locus goes off a bit at being put on top of talithas list - puts me, kieron and talitha on top of his list
107 - inhim has long post wiped - there is no long post forthcoming
112 - locus says he will vote for any of the 3 above
locus and i have a bit of a barney about it - locus says im a liar for saying he didnt find talitha suspicious before - i file this away because he quite simply didnt
118 - inhim says he finds locus suspicous for saying that locus/inhim topped talithas list and locus was trying to make him look suspicous
i found this attack a little odd at the time
133 - kieron says he his happy to vote for someone high on his suspicion list
136 - inhim brings up previous locus post about whether we can trust jdtay without a counterclaim
162 - locus fires the first of a number of volleys at talitha for not posting content
169 - inhim queries the two points made by enigma in one of his view posts
177 - inhim picks up dmi's misquotes indicated he is suspicios of dmi (not that he was alone at that point though)
225 - inhim says im suspicous for not giving enigma more opportunity to counterclaim cop (and rightly to that was an error)
229 - inhim wahts enigma to clarify whether he is the cop

- For enigma, he lurked a lot which made it pretty easy for him to climb under the raider particularly when the game got very heated (im finding it interesting that lurkers get a prod vote but dont seem to get hung very often).
I didnt find the points inhim raised very suspicous. I thought inhim was reaching there particuly in respect to the bit of him stating it was "his view". It might go without saying but its more polite than scummy. I thought his asking talitha for help was odd - i just cant decide whether that was scummy or not.

- For inhim, he posted more than enigma but not a whole hell of a lot more. As indicated above, his suspicions moved from jdtay to kieron to locus to enigma to dmi (of course several of us fell believed that) to me and now back to enigma out of the choice of 3. I dont feel like Im generalising he really did seem to find one person suspicions at a time and he never went back to a former person. Also the attacks were always fairly mild (almost lazy) and some of them I thought were definate reaches (particularly kierons chart error, enigmas near opening comments and even some of locus's statements).

- Now none of this is overwhelming evidence of course. Inhim also picked up some simple errors in the town play (mine included). But I just have the feeling that while most of the rest of us were playing this game he was sitting up a bit higher on the stands yelling out comments when someone dropped the ball. I think that kind of strategy must have seemed like a natural fit with locus's attack dog approach.

- If I just looked at that i find inhim scummier about 60/40 over enigma.

- What puts me to 70/30 that ihim is the scum is what locus did (or more accurately didnt do). In my reading of the thread locus basically didnt acknowledge inhim's existence at all. There were no attacks barely even comments. He never voted or fos's inhim. In particular locus went hammer and tongs at talitha for not posting content when it was clear than ihim himself was posting far less.

For inhim himself his comments towards locus commenced fairly late in day 1 with the very mild attack about locus's comments about the two of them on top of talitha list. It was preety mild, a bit of a reach and went nowhere from there. It was almost as if inhim was looking for something to say about locus that wasnt too scummy.

Thats where im standing at the moment.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:05 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Myopia wrote:Sheesh.. locus is still trying to kill me.
And why would I do that? After all, you're my favoritest scumbuddy. :roll:

You're all wasting your time. The game is in Talitha's hands now.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

STOP LYING!
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:08 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Myopia, I think you just confirmed my suspicions on KingEnigma. I make no apologies for my posts - only that I wasn't around much toward the beginning of Day 1.

As for my "almost lazy" attacks, all I can say is that I look for flags in a player's posts and work from there. I seriously believed Locus was scum (which we now know is a fact) because of what I had brought up, until Dmi came along.

To answer any questions about me having to know who the cop was : I didn't want to lynch Dmi if KE counterclaimed Talitha - this would have definitely given us one scum. Looking back, I shouldn't have kept my vote on Dmi because of this possible situation - my error. As for why I asked after JDTAY cast the lynching vote? I just wanted to know, and feel secure. The Mafia would know who the real cop was anyway, so I don't think there's much cause to suspect me in that aspect.
Show

:

KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:47 am

Post by KingEnigma »

Myopia- i didnt see where I ever asked for Talitha's help, the only time i think i said anything to her was when i asked why you were so innocent.

InHim - I think your reaching as far as my posting quirks, if you check out my other games, i'm pretty much the most self doubting person in the world, even though I'm trying to play aggressively I'm still very aware that we will be talking to each other again, so I dont want to step on any toes. Hence, why I add those little lines at the end. Again, I havent posted enough for you to get some solid evidence against me, but if thats why I'm the most scummy to you then this game is over, and we have our second scum.

Myopia pretty much was clear to begin with, and with Locus' latest outburst, I'm pretty sure hes good to go now.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:26 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

KE wrote: but if thats why I'm the most scummy to you then this game is over, and we have our second scum.
No, it's not the main reason why you seem most scummy. What I've mentioned are just my own little alerts I read in posts that cue me to watch a player. After I went back, it was kieron's play and my major disbelief in Myopia being scum which point me toward you.
Show

:

Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:59 pm

Post by Myopia »

inHimshallibe wrote:
To answer any questions about me having to know who the cop was : I didn't want to lynch Dmi if KE counterclaimed Talitha - this would have definitely given us one scum. Looking back, I shouldn't have kept my vote on Dmi because of this possible situation - my error. As for why I asked after JDTAY cast the lynching vote? I just wanted to know, and feel secure. The Mafia would know who the real cop was anyway, so I don't think there's much cause to suspect me in that aspect.
To be fair while enigma and dmi thought this was scummy behavior on your part I didnt think so at all and I didnt include it in my analysis at all. If you were scum you were always lynching jdtay anway. There was no need to establish who the cop was to kill them that night.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:03 pm

Post by Myopia »

KingEnigma wrote:
Myopia- i didnt see where I ever asked for Talitha's help, the only time i think i said anything to her was when i asked why you were so innocent.
This was kieron enigma. Sorry if its confusing but your being treated as an amalgamated kieron/enigma person at the moment. All the more so for me because I really cant read much from you so ive had to review kieron's past posts.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:34 pm

Post by Myopia »

Sorry for the triple post but i missed this while running through the first time.
KingEnigma wrote: Myopia pretty much was clear to begin with, and with Locus' latest outburst, I'm pretty sure hes good to go now.
Enigma to me this is the scummiest thing ive heard from you yet. In your most recent post you were pretty sure I was the scum and you didnt think that locus attacking me made much of a difference.

The reason why i wanted you and inhim to "go first" with your choice of scum was with the impending 3 way ending I wanted you to lock your positions in as far as possible. If either of you said that you thought I was innocent because of locus's behavior it would be more difficult to backflip if I then accussed you.

It was more of a snare (cant call it a trap) for inhim than you because I was leaning toward him. However hes acted fairly townie in his response (although his conclusion for you being the scum wasnt exactly the detailed post he promised). Hes "locked" in his current choice with you. Dont get me wrong im pleased that youve come round to me being innocent and its not to say things are set in stone this prematurely but im only "pretty much in the clear" in the sense that unless both of you think im scum im not going to be the person lynched tommorow. If you accuse inhim and he accuses you then it puts me in the stressful position of picking between you to end the game.

Im finding it a little bit sus that you said i was pretty much in the clear to begin with when the truth is that you either overstated your suspicions of me earlier or youve now changed your mind. Can you explain your thought processes here?

Talitha. I/we (?) apologise for carrying on like your already dead! Do you have anything to add to this? You found inhim sus very early on but when i quizzed you, you said something noncommital. In particular, part of my indictment of inhim comes down to his posting style this game. If thats normal then I have to give less weight to that aspect of my analysis.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:56 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Yes, Talitha. There's still time for you to speak up and prevent this travesty from occuring.

This is not a nice thing for you to do, you know? :evil:

If it were just you and me, I could see it. I've been a little bit rude to you in the past. I probably deserve to hang. I can roll with it. However, there's another townie in there, somewhere, and you're not being fair to him. You're forcing him into a losing position for your own pride. :x

If you're on a team in a multiplayer game you have a responsibility to your teammates. This is true in Mafia as much as it is in CounterStrike.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:00 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

Not a whole lot the the though process, InHim doesnt appear to have anything else on me than whats been posted, and that seems to be grasping straws(which I never really understood that saying, but hey thats a discussion for another post) I of course had to pick between the two of you, and I chose you based on the argument between yourself and Dmi. Granted, probably not the best course of action, but the course that was taken.

After Locus told us that Talitha found you and him out, that pretty much set off a "Okay, well Myopia isnt it anymore." As far as the pretty much clear to begin with comment, I had 3 days and some more posts to look at, which made me look at some of the other stuff, as I was reading that you became less and less a suspect hence you became pretty much clear up to when Locus made his statement, and moved right into clear.

Did I just confuse everyone?
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:48 pm

Post by Talitha »

I've looked over the thread again, and it's still my gut feeling that the other scum is inHim. The only really concrete thing I have against him was it looked to me like he panicked a little when Locus said his "Why have you put inHim & I on top of your list". inHim objected to Locus pairing with him, and pretty soon after that went and voted for Locus, which I think might have been a distancing attempt. He then unvoted Locus later when a convenient other bandwagon came along.

Anyway - I have faith in the rest of the town to make the right choice tomorrow. Don't feel any obligation to vote for inHim just because of my suspicions. Play your own game and follow your own gut feelings.

Good luck town!
And good riddance scum.
vote: Locus
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:07 pm

Post by mathcam »

Current Official Vote Count
:

Locus (2, Locus, Talitha)

Cam
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:20 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Goodbye guys. I'm sorry we lost. I guess I should know better than to piss off the high and mighty Talitha.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:40 pm

Post by Myopia »

Ok well talitha's post had a ring of finality to it so I guess theres not a lot to be gained in further delay.

Locus. If for some reason talitha has lost her mind and is making things up then we will all apologise. Really. But you've gone well past the point of belabouring things now.

To shut you up :)

vote locus

... ah that felt good.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:02 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

i'm pretty sure this is just a formality at this point, but....

vote: locus

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”