Newbie 74 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:56 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

JDTAY - Dmi claimed plain townie, one page back.

Well, I think King Enigma should claim first, even if I'm pretty confident Talitha's our cop. Stranger things have happened, though, so I'd rather wait for KE to post. Myopia, you kind of raised my suspicions by wanting JDTAY to vote without giving KE a chance to speak. Hmmm. . .
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:03 pm

Post by JDTAY »

Oh well then, I think I shall vote for him.

vote: Dmi
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:04 pm

Post by JDTAY »

Sorry,

unvote Talitha
vote Dmi
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:29 pm

Post by Myopia »

inHimshallibe wrote:JDTAY - Dmi claimed plain townie, one page back.

Well, I think King Enigma should claim first, even if I'm pretty confident Talitha's our cop. Stranger things have happened, though, so I'd rather wait for KE to post. Myopia, you kind of raised my suspicions by wanting JDTAY to vote without giving KE a chance to speak. Hmmm. . .
uggh your quite right. i was really peeved when i wrote my post and just didnt think about it (after raising it specifically yesterday). i dont think enigma will claim but god ill feel dumb if he does....
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:23 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I think that's a lynch?..

Well, KE, if you show up before twilight's over, please make it known if you're cop or not.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:43 pm

Post by Myopia »

damn i know it will irk me if i have to wait the weekend to see if our mod confirms dmi is mafia or not....
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:57 am

Post by Dmi »

OK, apparently I'm gonna be lynched.

I just want you to look at this post:
Myopia wrote:
Dmi wrote:
And Myopia, regarding attacking the cop, I strongly suggest you look at your own behaviour concerning JDTAY, the doc.
Ive referred you to the relevant posts which indicate the actual position. You either havent bothered to read them or just dont care. Either way I'm experiencing a real sense of futility in debating the same irrelevant issues over and over. You grab a leg and call it an elephant.

Id honestly vote for you simply because im finding you really annoying. Fortunately, in this case i think your also scum.

confirm vote dmi

how about voting dmi and taking us to the next day jdtay?
Yes, Myopia, you said that you didn't trust JDTAY. You said he was not the doc. You said the real doc should not come out. You're crazy. Stop denying your antitown behaviour.

JDTAY, I seriously can't comprehend why you voted for me, JDTAY. Because Myopia told you to?

"how about voting dmi and taking us to the next day jdtay?"

Is Myopia lynch happy or what? Hm, the only role I know of that might be lynch happy is mafia, right?

As for inhim, why do you really want to know if Tally is the cop?
Just so you could know which one to kill tonight, Tally or King Enigma?
Seriously, I find this even more suspicious than Myopia.
You can always find out who is the cop tommorrow.
The only reason not to wait is if you have a reason to know- you are mafia.
This is probably a slipup. A slipup that indicates who is mafia.

Vote: Inhim

And Myopia's mafia also, but think I said enough of that.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:00 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

I am not the cop, JDTAY needs to protect Talitha tonight. Sorry, i dont want to go into why I have not been here, just check the vacation thread (Granted it was posted today, but its a valid reason)
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:43 am

Post by mathcam »

Thanks for waiting guys, and sorry for the delay.

Official End-Of-Day Vote Count
:

Dmi (4, Tally, inHim, myopia, JDTay)
Myopia (2, Locus, KingEnigma)

Not voting: Dmi

And with that, Dmi is lynched. He was a townie. Get those night choies to me ASAP!

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:39 pm

Post by mathcam »

Rise and shine!

Miraculously, everyone survived the night! Except, of course, JDTay, the town doctor.

5 alive, 3 to lynch.

Cam
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:27 pm

Post by Talitha »

Morning everyone. Good news is I found a scum.. want to try and guess who?

Bad news is, this is the one and only cop investigation we will get.. we'll have to find the other scum through cunning and deduction.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:44 pm

Post by Myopia »

Well I was just doing my list of obvious possibilities if the investigation was guilty or innocent but I guess that was superfluous.

I assume youd investigate inhim or locus given your previous comments??

So we vote the guilty party (not immediately so we dont lose talithas analysis). She dies and that leaves three of me, locus, ihim and enigma with one the last scum and a 2 to 1 to decide it.

My suspicion order is locus, inhim and enigma in that order although to be fair i think locus if scummy for similar (but less extreme) reasons than dmi and i was wrong about that. If Inhim is scum hes played quite deftly but I dunno hes always been there to cast doubt for this or that on anyone without really going beyond that at all. Ive just got nothing on enigma at all. He just hasnt posted enough for me to have much of a clue.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:39 am

Post by KingEnigma »

I also believe that she found Locus last night, who wouldnt? They seem to be the bestest of friends.

I have not added a lot to this game, i kind of joined late. And had/am having a real life crisis right now. I'll still be at this hospital 2 weeks from now.

Dmi made a really good point on his last post asking why InHim just HAD to know which one of us is the real cop, that seems like he had to know which one of us to kill last night.

as for KingEnigma, he hasnt really put a lot into this game, and may have that in his advantage, hasnt put himself out there enough for anyone to find anything against him, so its a pretty tough decision.

Myopia, whom looking back looks a lot more scummy because of the arguments between himself and Dmi, who we now know as innocent. That really doesnt help you either.

We have three good candidates for scum right now, i know which one i'm not going to vote for, but still no idea on which one to vote for.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:42 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Well, I'm kinda surprised that you didn't investigate me, given that you were stating beforehand that you thought Dmi and I were scum, but I guess in your situation I'd investigate the lurker, so I'm gonna guess King Enigma.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:28 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Well, for the sake of wild guessing : Myopia?..
Show

:

Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:29 pm

Post by Myopia »

Its really unfortunate that dmi was innocent because it appears that the mud thrown in that argument is going to cost the town the game tommorow once we lynch the scum and lose our cop.

I made a comment earlier about the possibility of mafia hiding behind polarised townies and it looks in hindsight like it was accurate. Just because dmi was innocent (and up to 3 other people thought he was guilty) doesnt verify his arguments.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:32 pm

Post by Myopia »

Talitha are you going to keep holding us in suspense here? :o
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:14 pm

Post by Talitha »

Sorry :)

I investigated Locus and he's scum. I'd appreciate some time to read the thread over now that I know for sure 2 people's alignment. Then I can give you my 2 cents worth that may or may not be of use when I'm dead and gone tomorrow.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:49 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

What the hell? Talitha, are you probing me? I'm not scum! You're playing a damned dangerous game here. What if the other people see that you called me out and start bandwagoning me down before you can reveal the truth?

You're being irresponsible, Talitha. There are other ways to get information.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:53 am

Post by Myopia »

Lol locus. I cant help but admire your adherence to the "go down kicking and screaming" style of play. You obviously cant call her talitha a liar but you can attack her for her "irresponsible" ploy. Im interested to see where you go from here though.

I'm curious though. You pushed so hard to lynch me on day 1, do you think you could have talked your way out of it if you had pulled it off? (Tell me after the game).

Im also going to re-read the thread and see what i can glean.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:57 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Well, I'm glad you have the sense not to vote yet, Myopia. I just hope everyone shares your good sense. I don't expect you to believe me at this point, but I know that Talitha didn't
actually
find me guilty, and she'll back soon to explain this. She's just prodding me to see how I react.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:11 pm

Post by Myopia »

Complimenting my good sense? Gosh talithas post was one thing but that really confirms it :wink:

I agree theres no reason for anyone to vote until everyone has given their 2 cents.

Still re-reading, gosh its funny how much of the later part of day 1 was taken up with stuff irrelevant to the real game. Gosh you and your partner must have laughed....
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:05 am

Post by Talitha »

Sorry Locus, I'm not making anything up this time :) Very nice try though - If I hadn't actually investigated you, I'd be doubting your guilt by now.

(I'd only lie to the town if I was completely desperate.)

I think we should spend a couple of days discussing the possibilities for the other scum, before we vote.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:21 pm

Post by Myopia »

Agree with talitha. Things are likely to accelerate quickly to an end after we lynch locus so theres no reason not to take a bit of time now.

OK we have one scum left in either me, inhim or enigma and it will be the 2:1 vote which decides it. Subjectively, I know im town so its one of you two. Objectively, I think the fact that locus came at me hammer and tongs all game makes me pretty innocent but i guess you will have to draw your own conclusions as to that.

After my re-read I have my own fairly solid suspicions about who the last scum. If I get time today I will post them. However, I would like to hear from inhim and enigma first.

Normally, i think that would be a fairly rude request but honestly you guys have lurked a lot and I think its justified (note im not paying you out you both obviously have your reasons particularly enigma!).
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:48 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

Myopia I know you consider yourself innocent, but to assume that we will also belive this because Locus called you out earlier in the game? I would think, again *I*, that its a nice scum tactic to distance yourselves from each other, and the fact that you call attention to the fact that you guys have been at it the game, doesnt help.

InHim, I searched to see if anything stood out majorly on the way that he played, and I seriously saw nothing that made me say "oooh we caught him, lets lynch him!!"

As far as me, you guys really only have what the person before me gave you, I havent had a chance to be here all that often and that hurt the town more than helped, I apologize, but its something I couldnt help.

I would guess Myopia is the scum based on what I've seen, but again not a whole lot on either InHim or myself.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”