Mini #717 - Alpha Centauri Smalltown (Game Over!)

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:12 am

Post by iamausername »

"Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

-- Sister Miriam Godwinson, "But for the Grace of God"

-=Vote Count #1=-

Occam (5) - charter, MacavityLock, MonkeyMan576, Cephrir, farside22
MacavityLock (1) - Empking
Cephrir (1) - Gremwell
farside22 (1) - Occam

Not Voting (4) - christiano drago, Crazy, Drunken Piper, Oman

7 to lynch.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Occam »

Nope, we're definitely out of the RV stage now.

unvote - vote: Occam

I want to see some chops licked tomorrow if somebody hammers. Let's make it good people.
Slice.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Occam »

cephrir wrote: Vote: Occam for no particular reason.
PS - Cephrir is scum.
Slice.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:49 am

Post by charter »

unvote

Every game I've been in with a lynch in 3 or so pages or less for day one has resulted in a town loss... More later.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:51 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

How many games is that, charter? Links please?
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Gremwell »

wow, a wagon this early is no good without someone asking some questions to get something from it, I mean 4 people havent even posted yet.

what needs to be understood is that we're looking at a 4 death per day/night cycle, not even counting mismason and supersaint. this game can be over real quick so we really need to make our days count.

and whats the big idea with the attempted self hammer? not liking the looks of that
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Occam »

and whats the big idea with the attempted self hammer? not liking the looks of that
Actually, it was an attempted (and successful, in fact) L-1, clearly discernible when you look at the VC directly above my post.

But
unvote
- I don't actually want to die and my death won't actually give the town anything, either. What I wanted was to realize how completely ridiculous that wagon was.

Now I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

vote: Cephrir
Slice.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:25 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Okay, so Occam votes himself to try to convince people that he's really town, and then he admits that he attacked without voting, which makes it look like he's trying to throw suspicion off himself without presenting a good arguement to do so.

I understand the pitfalls of a quick lynch, but if everyone who voted for Occum thinks he is the most guilty, it doesn't really make sense to unvote to avoid lynching, if you actually think he is scum. Cephir does look like a bandwagon vote, but at this point I am for more concerned with Occum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:32 am

Post by charter »

viewtopic.php?t=6981 - just over 1 page
viewtopic.php?t=9889&postdays=0&postord ... &start=100 - just over 4 pages

Another mini where someone went from 0 or 1 votes to 7 and hammered I believe on one page. - viewtopic.php?t=9466&postdays=0&postord ... &start=325
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Oman »

Occam is scared, which is fair. But srsly way too many people on this for it to be a wagon on scum early.

Vote: Cephrir

You don't say you're jumping on the largest bandwagon for no reason. You're doing it for a reason.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Occam »

Monk wrote: Okay, so Occam votes himself to try to convince people that he's really town, and then he admits that he attacked without voting, which makes it look like he's trying to throw suspicion off himself without presenting a good arguement to do so.
What you're missing is the timing. I needed my vote on me to stay at L-1 until someone withdrew their vote, which charter did - then, in my very next post, I moved my vote to where I actually wanted it. I thought I made that pretty clear.
Slice.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Occam »

Monk wrote: Cephir does look like a bandwagon vote
It doesn't just look like a bandwagon vote, it's the most blatent bandwagon vote I've ever seen that didn't come right out and say "I'm voting to bandwagon".
Slice.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

Unvote
. Holy crap, I did not notice how many votes he had. My bad.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Empking »

I don't want to put the number of votes you have too high, but I wish I could vote for you: Cephrir
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

Occam wrote:
It doesn't just look like a bandwagon vote, it's the most blatent bandwagon vote I've ever seen that didn't come right out and say "I'm voting to bandwagon".
Or alternatively, it looks like
a random vote
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Oman »

Cephrir wrote:
Occam wrote:
a random vote
No it doesn't.

Now you're lieing. LAL.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:37 am

Post by farside22 »

Oman wrote:
Cephrir wrote:
Occam wrote:
a random vote
No it doesn't.

Now you're lieing. LAL.
Where do you see that cephrir was voting on occum based on the votes on him already?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:44 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

farside22 wrote:
Oman wrote:
Cephrir wrote:
Occam wrote:
a random vote
No it doesn't.

Now you're lieing. LAL.
Where do you see that cephrir was voting on occum based on the votes on him already?
Cephrir wrote:Vote: Occam for no particular reason.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:54 am

Post by farside22 »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Oman wrote:
Cephrir wrote:
Occam wrote:
a random vote
No it doesn't.

Now you're lieing. LAL.
Cephrir wrote:Vote: Occam for no particular reason.
Where do you see that cephrir was voting on occum based on the votes on him already
?

Yes it looks like a BW. Cephrir is stating it was random. Oman is calling him a liar. Why? Based on what?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Oman »

The fact that its a fantastic coincidence that he apparently hasn't been reading the posts above him and then all of a sudden votes the guy with the biggest wagon.

C'mon!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by farside22 »

Oman wrote:The fact that its a fantastic coincidence that he apparently hasn't been reading the posts above him and then all of a sudden votes the guy with the biggest wagon.

C'mon!
So you don't believe Occum had a knee jerk reaction to the votes on him? Do you really belive a pro-town person votes themself?
I do agree that cephrir's vote and no reason at the time look rediculous. I just don't like Occum's post or self vote.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by Oman »

farside22 wrote:
Oman wrote:The fact that its a fantastic coincidence that he apparently hasn't been reading the posts above him and then all of a sudden votes the guy with the biggest wagon.

C'mon!
So you don't believe Occum had a knee jerk reaction to the votes on him? Do you really belive a pro-town person votes themself?
I do agree that cephrir's vote and no reason at the time look rediculous. I just don't like Occum's post or self vote.
I refuse to believe occum's self vote as anything more that what it usually is: a null tell. Its interesting, but not able to be analysed right now.

you see there are too many variables to deal with here. I can give you one scum-occum for every town-occum scenario you give me. And one town-occum for every scum given to me.

We'll look back on it later, especially if occum is scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by farside22 »

Oman wrote:
farside22 wrote:

C'mon!
I refuse to believe occum's self vote as anything more that what it usually is: a null tell. Its interesting, but not able to be analysed right now.

you see there are too many variables to deal with here. I can give you one scum-occum for every town-occum scenario you give me. And one town-occum for every scum given to me.

I think self voting when he did and saying it's town is terrible thing to say. It's not a null thing in my view. The are very, very few times I vote for self and I can see scum doing it to gain sympathy.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Oman »

farside22 wrote:
Oman wrote:
farside22 wrote:

C'mon!

I think self voting when he did and saying it's town is terrible thing to say. It's not a null thing in my view. The are very, very few times I vote for self and I can see scum doing it to gain sympathy.
You see scumtell, I see nulltell. We're different. I'll review it later, but you must agree that ciphrirs clean lie is a worse act than a selfvote.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Oman wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Oman wrote:
farside22 wrote:

C'mon!

You see scumtell, I see nulltell. We're different. I'll review it later, but you must agree that ciphrirs clean lie is a worse act than a selfvote.
Self-voting isn't the only thing Occum has done that's scummy though, there's also suggesting BP isn't a powerful town role, and then strongly defending the statement after a logical reason was given that it is.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”