Mini #717 - Alpha Centauri Smalltown (Game Over!)

Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Occam »

Lawl.
Slice.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:59 am

Post by iamausername »

Occam wrote:Even though Captain Ulrik Svensgaard is one of the stupidest looking things I've ever seen, I'm going with him, the commuter.
I don't think you understand. He's a
space pirate
. A pirate... in space!
Awesome

Anyway.

Drunken Piper
is
Colonel Corazon Santiago, Bulletproof

Occam
is
Captain Ulrik Svensgaard, Commuter

MonkeyMan576
, by process of elimination, is
C.E.O. Nwabudike Morgan, Politician

Role drafting is done, so over the next few unspecified time periods, alignments will be randomised, role PMs will be distributed, and Day One will begin.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:52 am

Post by iamausername »

It's been many years since Planetfall, and the fracturing of the crew of the starship
Unity
. Erstwhile nations have formed under twelve leaders, each highly charismatic in their own way, and unlike the nations of Earth, their peoples are joined not by a coincidence of location, but by the political and spiritual beliefs they hold. However, natural resources on Planet are scarce, and skirmishes in competition for them, frequent. Relations between the twelve nations are distinctly hostile.

In addition, there is something that none of the leaders can find cause for disagreement; population levels have been on a constant decline since they settled here, and if things were to continue as they have, the human race would not last. The twelve agree to convene a meeting of the Planetary Council to deal with the situation, but with whispers of secret alliances and assassins going around, paranoia is rampant...

-=It is now Day One. Deadline set for Monday, 12th January.

With 12 alive, it will take 7 votes to lynch.=-
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:09 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: MacavityLock
- Roleblocker.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:13 am

Post by farside22 »

So I had a theory about this game before it started and I saw the roles.
Claiming in this game is going to be dumb, however I feel pressure on people is good. See what they say or how they react to certain idea's was something I considered so here is my thought.
What if we use the supersaint to flush out scum. Now bare with me on this.

We dont' know which role is scum. The SS could be scum (what a sucky thing to happen.) However looking at people who are scummy and telling them they need to hammer the SS could be informative.
Now I don't recommend this today. I recommend this as a thought later. Yes I know the likely hood of X player staying alive and X player being scum. However it could work if the town pulls together.

For now my vote is for Crazy based on games I have played and roles I have seen scum have in the past

vote: Crazy
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Occam »

Interesting idea, farside. I assume that's the whole point of the supersaint. We definitely need to wait on that until we have a few cleared, IMO, but its worth a shot later in the game.

Are there any roles that are inherently anti-town? Would it be worth lynching roles that are, as a starting point?

Bulletproof sounds dangerous in the hands of scum and essentially useless for town, since everyone already knows who's bulletproof. Based on that:

vote: DP

That reminds me - Mmm, doctor pepper...
Slice.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:17 am

Post by charter »

SCUM - Empking + farside

and to a lesser extent Crazy.

SK - Occam

My first post predictions. :P

vote Occam
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:23 am

Post by farside22 »

charter wrote:
SCUM - Empking + farside

and to a lesser extent Crazy.

SK - Occam

My first post predictions. :P

vote Occam
Yay someone who didn't get what I was saying or is scum

unvote:
vote: charter

See the thing you forgot is that in lylo using the SS is suicide for scum. Having scum hammer the SS or if the SS is scum and trying to get someone who is scum hammer the SS means the town's win.
You failed to reconize this or see it as scummy play because I feel you are scum.
Thanks for playing. Now on to lynching the scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:26 am

Post by charter »

You clearly missed that those weren't serious.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:14 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Occam wrote:Bulletproof sounds dangerous in the hands of scum and essentially useless for town, since everyone already knows who's bulletproof.
is silly. A bulletproof scum is at most slightly more dangerous than a regular old scum. Were you going to rely on crosskills? Bulletproof town is much more dangerous for scum than vice versa.

Slightly less than random vote: Occam
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:21 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Occam wrote:Interesting idea, farside. I assume that's the whole point of the supersaint. We definitely need to wait on that until we have a few cleared, IMO, but its worth a shot later in the game.

Are there any roles that are inherently anti-town? Would it be worth lynching roles that are, as a starting point?

Bulletproof sounds dangerous in the hands of scum and essentially useless for town, since everyone already knows who's bulletproof. Based on that:

vote: DP

That reminds me - Mmm, doctor pepper...
I'll followup on macavity's point and say that suggesting a bulletproof townie is useless is rather dumb. With a competent town, scum are more likely to be lynched, and town more likely to be night killed. Thus, while a bulletproof scum can be dangerous, a bulletproof townie is very helpful to the town.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:21 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

And
Vote: Occum
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

I think the SS is going to be an obvious strategy later in the game and didn't even need saying, if I understand you. I think those voting based on peoples' roles and/or suggesting that we lynch "inherently scummy" roles don't get what Smalltown is. Roles and alignment are distributed seperately, so that's not really a valid way to do this. Although we should probably be cautious with lynching the more powerful roles.

Vote: Occam
for no particular reason.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Gremwell »

4 votes already wow, seems a bit rushed
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Gremwell »

and while we're here

Vote: Cephrir
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Gremwell wrote:4 votes already wow, seems a bit rushed
Do you think being BP is really helpful for the scum? Doesn't it sound like more likely a scum wanting to get rid of a person that is bullet proff?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:54 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

(-) on Cephir for voting for no particular reason when there is a good reason.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Gremwell »

I would think that in this setup that scum would have a very easy time working around a BP and killing off more important roles like tracker, jailer, any that could potentially out them
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Occam »

Lol.
Slice.
Occam
Occam
Goon
Occam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Occam »

grem wrote: I would think that in this setup that scum would have a very easy time working around a BP and killing off more important roles like tracker, jailer, any that could potentially out them
EX-FREAKING-ZACTLY.

WE KNOW ALL THE POWER ROLES AND WHO HAS THEM. IT IS TOTALLY OUT IN THE OPEN. BP TOWNIE IS COMPLETELY USELESS.

That is all. If you think I deserve to get voted out for revealing the obvious, so be it.

But if we're talking about revealing the obvious, how about the fact that Farside basically ruined any chance we had at executing her plan by bringing it up on day one and basically putting a target on the SS?

unvote - vote: farside
Slice.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:58 am

Post by farside22 »

Gremwell wrote:I would think that in this setup that scum would have a very easy time working around a BP and killing off more important roles like tracker, jailer, any that could potentially out them
Lets see. You have RB, JK, VIG, one shot inventor, tracker, doc. Stop me when this makes sense.
The doc doesn't have to worry about the BP. The town can look at the BP if they look scummy. However mafia has many obstacles to already go through. Getting rid of one BP with weak reasoning is bad.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:01 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Occam wrote:
grem wrote: I would think that in this setup that scum would have a very easy time working around a BP and killing off more important roles like tracker, jailer, any that could potentially out them
EX-FREAKING-ZACTLY.

WE KNOW ALL THE POWER ROLES AND WHO HAS THEM. IT IS TOTALLY OUT IN THE OPEN.
BP TOWNIE IS COMPLETELY USELESS.

That is all. If you think I deserve to get voted out for revealing the obvious, so be it.

But if we're talking about revealing the obvious, how about the fact that Farside basically ruined any chance we had at executing her plan by bringing it up on day one and basically putting a target on the SS?

This is an obviously false statement. Having a player that can not be night killed can be very useful, especially late in the game when numbers can be more important than powers. I'm pretty sure Occum is scummy now
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Occam wrote:
EX-FREAKING-ZACTLY.

WE KNOW ALL THE POWER ROLES AND WHO HAS THEM. IT IS TOTALLY OUT IN THE OPEN. BP TOWNIE IS COMPLETELY USELESS.

Gee how is it obvious? Not to scum who would hate to see either there own person or have the SS around. My idea was to see if someone would call it scummy for bringing it up such as charter did. I brought up something scum would not want to have happen. That is not scummy. Your act is the exact opposite. It gets rid of a power role based on what you and only you and grem apparently feel is useless.

unvote:
vote: occam

I was waiting to see if you had a reason. Now I think you are running scared.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:02 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

and a big FOS on Gremwall.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Gremwell »

I'm not saying we should lynch the BP at all, I think we should be weary of Occam for the suggestion but I don't see it as particularly damning, I just thought that wagon was very fast, but it is RVS I guess

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”