she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:59 pm

Post by Black »

In post 337, ProjEctRy wrote:
In post 335, Kurtapika wrote:
The move at this point I'd think would be best lim the lowest posters over anything, I don't have a strong sr personally and I imagine it would be conducive to getting an overall better idea of who's solidly town when more of the table is producing content later down the line. Plus it'd root out whether we're dealing with scum on one of them or if and where we're going to be narrowing down existing townish reads.
I don’t like this idea. To me that is not the best move for town, just a random lim on a low contributor. I appreciate there is likely scum essentially hiding in the shadows but it’s a complete shot in the dark.

Surely it’s better to lim someone specific we have some suspicion over rather than just a complete random lim?
I don't think it would be completely random because I think certain players are prone to lurking as scum but I see what you're saying here

To add to this I think fading low information slots is probably a lot worse than someone who's flip could give us some insight into the rest of the playerlist
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:04 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 349, Black wrote: Maybe if you're strictly talking about post counts but I think including Kurtapika in the same group as sky and nono is a little unfair. His content is way better. This kinda feels like shade
I'd agree, the posts today especially have shown far better content. And yes those posts and associated responses have pinged me in the right way. I would agree they are sounding town.

As for 'Shade' I am not sure what this means, but if it is what I think it is, I can say its not, its a genuine thought.
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:05 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 345, Bellaphant wrote: @afrayed knot, hope that helped
thank you
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:14 pm

Post by Black »

In post 344, Bellaphant wrote: Apparently this is a more controversial take than I thought it was? I might be way off but I've really likes the way that shadow has explained their thoughts and I can see an overall process that I vibe with. A lot of what I do day one is find people who's thoughts I can work with. I've had this massively backfire once or twice (my last game with Implosion) but I'm still weak to it.
What about his explanations make you think they are more likely to come from town?

You say your read on T3 is similar but to me it doesn't feel like shaddow and T3 are explaining their thoughts the same, or maybe I'm just not seeing it. Can you elaborate here?
In post 344, Bellaphant wrote: Can you rephrase the bit about shadow, Ower and aisa?
To me it felt like shaddow was sheeping an opinion in order to cast shade on OWER, whereas Aisa's original opinion felt more like a genuine thought that made her unsure of OWER's alignment. I could be wrong but that's how I perceived it
In post 344, Bellaphant wrote: Also, it makes me Sus that you have this many opinions on me without engaging me. Especially because out of everyone you also know my meta?
What do you mean by "this many opinions"? It's like one opinion and it's based off one of the few interactions we had

Why do you think I'm familiar with your meta?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:16 pm

Post by Black »

In post 351, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 349, Black wrote: Maybe if you're strictly talking about post counts but I think including Kurtapika in the same group as sky and nono is a little unfair. His content is way better. This kinda feels like shade
I'd agree, the posts today especially have shown far better content. And yes those posts and associated responses have pinged me in the right way. I would agree they are sounding town.

As for 'Shade' I am not sure what this means, but if it is what I think it is, I can say its not, its a genuine thought.
To me shade means you're trying to make him look bad, but I vibe with this explanation
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:29 pm

Post by Black »

Can you explain what you like about his posts today that you didn't see in his previous posts?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:04 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 355, Black wrote: Can you explain what you like about his posts today that you didn't see in his previous posts?
A drive to be involved, to actually give content and not just blah for blahs sake. Engaging in the conversation in what feels like a genuine way. So the vibe is good in this one …
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:12 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 353, Black wrote:
In post 344, Bellaphant wrote: Apparently this is a more controversial take than I thought it was? I might be way off but I've really likes the way that shadow has explained their thoughts and I can see an overall process that I vibe with. A lot of what I do day one is find people who's thoughts I can work with. I've had this massively backfire once or twice (my last game with Implosion) but I'm still weak to it.
What about his explanations make you think they are more likely to come from town?

You say your read on T3 is similar but to me it doesn't feel like shaddow and T3 are explaining their thoughts the same, or maybe I'm just not seeing it. Can you elaborate here?
In post 344, Bellaphant wrote: Can you rephrase the bit about shadow, Ower and aisa?
To me it felt like shaddow was sheeping an opinion in order to cast shade on OWER, whereas Aisa's original opinion felt more like a genuine thought that made her unsure of OWER's alignment. I could be wrong but that's how I perceived it
In post 344, Bellaphant wrote: Also, it makes me Sus that you have this many opinions on me without engaging me. Especially because out of everyone you also know my meta?
What do you mean by "this many opinions"? It's like one opinion and it's based off one of the few interactions we had

Maybe I explained this badly: knowing I'm town, when I see a thought process that seems to be mirroring mine, I'm more likely to town bin it. I also do know that I'm weak to certain playstyles too and am just more likely to see 'thoughtful' and 'reaaonable' as town and 'aggresive' as slightly scummier..

Oh, I thought you meant my read on aisa for some reason, ignire me. It gave context to the next bit as well. I do expect you to know a bit about my style, but I also need to remember I've probably read more games of yours than you are aware of.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:14 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 119, shaddowez wrote:
In post 77, Aisa wrote:
In post 63, T3 wrote:
In post 55, shaddowez wrote:
Aisa
Why is T3's bad vs no comment on Bella's ?
I don't want to answer for Aisa but I think that because my statement in was intended to play on Bella's statement in , my could appear to be more abrasive, in a sense.
Yes, this basically. T3's post pinged me because 1. he was playing on Bella's post, which I thought could be a way to try to insert himself into the conversation as scum, 2. he came off as kinda serious and antagonistic while doing so, which again I thought could be scum-indicative
I saw this differently - while yes, I could see it being antagonistic looking, scum could have played off it more subtly, or just ignored it at all. Being willing to poke at something and see reactions comes out as townier to me.
In post 86, OutWorldER wrote: Jupiter's feels very townie, good vibes there.
What about this post feels townie to you? None of the discussion points seem to provide any useful information, and the explanations of self-consciousness almost feel like they're WKing Bella here (as does their random interjection defending Bella into the OutWorldER/Aisa posts).

I'm getting a TR on OutWorldER based on and the interactions leading up to it.

That said, getting a ping here:
VOTE: Jupiter

It feel like they saw
some
reason to vote T3 and have been hanging on to it. sounds like they're starting to form a reason to back out of their vote, without having to look anywhere else just yet.
In post 209, shaddowez wrote:
In post 205, shaddowez wrote:
In post 204, Dannflor wrote:
SHADOWEZ
why are you ignoring the t3 wagon huh
Because he's my scumbuddy and I'm not bussing, obvs
As a real answer, I don't see this as a worthwhile wagon. My primary SR right now is the first vote and it doesn't feel like a bus, so it'd be a pretty big swing for me to switch those reads right now. The second vote is an RVS vote from somebody with 2 posts. I do have a slight TR on both you and Aisa right now, but that's not enough for me to hop on just yet.
In post 215, shaddowez wrote:
@Bella
- why your concern on Aisa?
The first post, I really vibe with the start and end, less so the middle. The second post, I could just see myself as town thinking/writing. The third was what I thought you were referring too, like this was a buddy interaction
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:15 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 347, Black wrote:
In post 325, Afrayed Knott wrote: @Black would you say your scum play is close to your town play.

Probably the wrong person to ask so I will throw that out to people who have had more interaction with her than me. Are Black's playing styles similar regardless of alignment?
I think so, but I'd be curious to hear what other people think. Dannflor or Bella would probably be the best people to ask

I feel like my meta is somewhat fickle but the constants are me being active and engaged as both alignments. Maybe slightly moreso as town

Thank you,

but can you explain this as I don't get it. You say Bella is one of two who are probably going to be able to give a good read on your meta, then you say this to her in

In post 353, Black wrote: What do you mean by "this many opinions"? It's like one opinion and it's based off one of the few interactions we had

seems disjointed, disconnected, why would she know your meta and yet you don't know hers?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:17 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

while you are here Bella, can you answer what Black seems to think you know? My Post
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:20 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

sorry her post 347 .. meh
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:33 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I mean ...I've read more of blacks games than they have min but I would expect them to know my town game a bit at least, or at lesst my day one town game, so yeah it feels weird
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:39 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 362, Bellaphant wrote: I mean ...I've read more of blacks games than they have min but I would expect them to know my town game a bit at least, or at lesst my day one town game, so yeah it feels weird

Great, thank you but the question at the start of this was here

In post 325, Afrayed Knott wrote: @Black would you say your scum play is close to your town play.

Probably the wrong person to ask so I will throw that out to people who have had more interaction with her than me.
Are Black's playing styles similar regardless of alignment?

I've bolded it for clarity
ProjEctRy
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
ProjEctRy
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:02 am

Post by ProjEctRy »

In post 344, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 251, ProjEctRy wrote:
In post 248, Titus wrote:
In post 207, Bellaphant wrote: Black's probably town, I'm a bit concerned about aisa, one of the three people I don't know with really long names feels scummier than the others.

Titus isn't someone I'd lim today.
P-edit it feels like something I would feel worried about as scum, that's all.
How am I so townread? Not complaining but still

Yeah @Bella, why would your position be ‘Titus isn’t someone I’d lim today’?

Aside from saying Kurtapika was ‘awkward and distant’ Titus hadn’t contributed anything else of note by that point so how come you were so opposed?

Shouldn’t your position be that you had no read rather than Titus being off the table?

These things are kind of the same day one but it's also meta based: recently I've been fairly good at reading titus and I find her a useful presence in the game - I've also been able to find her as scum ok before, so I'd rather not lim them day one.

Hmm, I’m not sure I buy this explanation. Whilst a players meta can be a useful tool, I don’t think it should rule someone out completely, especially given Titus had done nothing else to warrant being off the table at that point.

I don’t think anyone should get a pass on the basis you might be able to read them better later in the game.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:05 am

Post by Bellaphant »

You won't like my answer, but yes and no.

Black as town I can usually pick out easier than a really confident black scum read - I've read two of her older scum games and had her as obv!scum in one of them, but didn't nail her the other time. in the games she linked, the thing that leapt out to me was recalcitrance, so maybe that's more of a sign, but I'm not confident

P-edit obviously not all game, and not if I have a scum read on them - I'd lim her day one then. But it's day one and I don't, so this is fine.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:06 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Also, you don't buy it because you don't agree, or you think we're scum buddies, or I'm making stuff up? It's important to know which one
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:33 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 365, Bellaphant wrote: You won't like my answer, but yes and no.

Black as town I can usually pick out easier than a really confident black scum read - I've read two of her older scum games and had her as obv!scum in one of them, but didn't nail her the other time. in the games she linked, the thing that leapt out to me was recalcitrance, so maybe that's more of a sign, but I'm not confident

P-edit obviously not all game, and not if I have a scum read on them - I'd lim her day one then. But it's day one and I don't, so this is fine.
so what's your take this game.. and that's not me that Project I think you are talking to here
In post 366, Bellaphant wrote: Also, you don't buy it because you don't agree, or you think we're scum buddies, or I'm making stuff up? It's important to know which one
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:59 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I'm not tr-ing black after the last few pages. Ans yes, the rest isn't to you
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:10 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

would be interesting to see what Dann's thoughts are
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:41 am

Post by Black »

In post 357, Bellaphant wrote: Maybe I explained this badly: knowing I'm town, when I see a thought process that seems to be mirroring mine, I'm more likely to town bin it. I also do know that I'm weak to certain playstyles too and am just more likely to see 'thoughtful' and 'reaaonable' as town and 'aggresive' as slightly scummier..
Do you think T3 has been thoughtful and reasonable?
In post 357, Bellaphant wrote: I do expect you to know a bit about my style, but I also need to remember I've probably read more games of yours than you are aware of.
I have no clue what the difference between townbella and scumbella is. I think we've only played in one game together actually? Maybe two. I wouldn't mind hearing some self-meta if you feel like it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:42 am

Post by Black »

In post 359, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 347, Black wrote:

Probably the wrong person to ask so I will throw that out to people who have had more interaction with her than me. Are Black's playing styles similar regardless of alignment?
I think so, but I'd be curious to hear what other people think. Dannflor or Bella would probably be the best people to ask

I feel like my meta is somewhat fickle but the constants are me being active and engaged as both alignments. Maybe slightly moreso as town

Thank you,

but can you explain this as I don't get it. You say Bella is one of two who are probably going to be able to give a good read on your meta, then you say this to her in

In post 353, Black wrote: What do you mean by "this many opinions"? It's like one opinion and it's based off one of the few interactions we had

seems disjointed, disconnected, why would she know your meta and yet you don't know hers?
She has read a lot more of my games due to me playing with her boo thang Klick
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:44 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I'm gonna tell him you called him that
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:44 am

Post by Aisa »

Ok, serious answers time
In post 226, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 194, Aisa wrote: I am talking about post 69, yes. I also think post 159 is quite towny. Despite the fact we now know JupiterXV has previous experience, I am inclined to read them as town so far, partly because of the effort that went into post 159 and the fact it seems towny to me generally.
why do you read effort as towny?
To rephrase slightly: I think your particular brand of effort in 159 is towny.

Obviously both town and scum can make an effort, but I think the sort of long, stream of consciousness post that is 159 is more likely to be town effort. IMO there are a lot of scum players who want to post as little as they can get away with. And when a player is comfortable with playing scum and wants to put effort into a scum game, I think there are other places that effort can go that are not... writing walls of text.
In post 332, Afrayed Knott wrote: So Aisa, your response to fairly straight forward questions is to post a video that doesn’t give an answer, I haven’t watched it all the way through but I get the gist of it. Sadly it strikes me as a somewhat superfluous action. But ok fair enough and noted.
If you look at my ISO you'll see that I had previously answered every question in that post (at least I hope) except JupiterXV's 226, which I have just addressed now.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:50 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I remembered something about Black's reads: they are occasionally really weird when she's town, in a way that I think is harder to fake when scum..

I'd also forgot that yeah, it's been one game. I think scum!Bella and scum black have a bit in common in that I'm way more aggressive as scum, and I find things weirdly harder to explain as town; I used to get wagonnrd as town every day one, I think because people think I'm being evasive when it's just a lack of clarity,/confidence..it hasn't happened for ages though, so I thought I'd improved!

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”