Newbie 74 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:23 am

Post by mathcam »

Official Vote Count:

Dmi (3, Tally, inHim, myopia)
Myopia (2, Locus, KingEnigma)
Tally (2, JD, Dmi)

Not Voting: inHim

Two thoughts:
1) Try to be more careful about unvoting, and
definitely
bold your votes and unvotes if you want them counted.
2) Please keep in mind the first and last rules of this game:
mathcam, in the first rule, wrote: Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to played. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part.
mathcam, in the last rule, wrote: Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to played. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part.
There have been some violations of these two rules already, so you can consider this your warning. Name-calling can, at my discretion, end with a day-ending modkill.

Cam
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:57 am

Post by Dmi »

Cam: inhim has voted.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:26 am

Post by Dmi »

Myopia wrote:- I think your scummy because:

- subjectively jagged seemed to me to be intentionally lurking and you are his replacement;
So you are prejudiced against almost every replacement.
- you entered the game and strongly pushed the bandwagon on me (which was the best bandwagon going) based on an argument that I think is faulty and (more importantly) factual statements that were innacurate;
My arguments are not faulty. Mind pointing out the errors?
It was the best bandwagon going because you seem scummy.
You name statements that are inaccurate also. Don't be a hypocrite.
- you seem dead set that im scum but yet youve now attacked and voted for talitha (which was probably the second best with her being attacked by inhim and jdtay) when it seemed that noone else was going to jump forward to finish me off
Because Talitha's behaviour does not seem as normal behaviour for an experienced person. She seems to be making posts just to show I'm not lurking, explaining the game; but the posts lack any real content.

KingEnigma was about to vote for you. Because you were lurking.
- your statement that i am anti-town when whether i have been hypocritical or not (and I dont think I have) I think my actions have been anything but anti-town.
Yup, that's why you were urging the real doctor to hide because you suspected JDTAY. Quite illogical.
As for hypocritical, read your posts and then look at a dictionary.
You said I'm scum because I am a replacement. I'm not even going to reply to this: I'm too disgusted.

- Im sorry but your misstating what Im saying and then dismissing the misstatement. The fact that you keep doing it makes you more suspicious to me.
Not really. That's what your argument seems to be hanging on: I'm a replacement.
I have not misstated you. You are tring to get me lynched because I am a replacement.
As for the lurking charge, you seemed to be lurking also, just like jaggedcrags. And jaggedcrags said he might not have enough time for this game. You're twisting his words and actions. And being a hypocrite while you do it.

My conclusion: Either you are a misguided townie or a really bad mafioso (and not in the evil way).
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:29 am

Post by Talitha »

I'm kind of incredulous that I'm still being accused of not posting any content.

Dmi, you just seem to be being argumentative. Your posts have me scratching my head in disbelief.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:27 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Talitha wrote:I'm kind of incredulous that I'm still being accused of not posting any content.
It's because you don't
explain
yourself. Seriously, you're just playing dumb, now. I've been wavering between you and Myopia for a while now, but you continue to insist that black is white and night is day.
unvote, vote: Talitha
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:44 am

Post by Myopia »

Locus Cosecant wrote:Damn it, if you people want to quote people, do it correctly, will you? My head hurts from trying to read all those screwed up quote blocks.
My bad. Rushed at work but wanted to make my position clear after my inactivity. Will pay more attention in future.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:32 pm

Post by Talitha »

locus wrote:It's because you don't explain yourself.
Seems to me that a pro-town player would ask for clarification if they felt that any of my actions or statements needed explaining. Feel free to ask me anything, about anything that I have said or done, I'll be only too happy to explain myself.
locus wrote:you continue to insist that black is white and night is day.
Huh?

And by the way, you haven't answered my earlier request:
Talitha wrote:Could you please elaborate on my impressive level of hypocrisy, Locus?
If you don't like my style, that is one thing. If you bothered to check, you'd see that I play like this whether I am town or anti-town. There is no justification for your vote.

I currently think Locus and Dmi are the scums. But it kinda seems almost
too
obvious. :? But then again, this is a newbie game.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:35 pm

Post by Talitha »

Just noticed I have 3 votes on me so I better claim. I am the cop.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:24 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Talitha wrote:
locus wrote:It's because you don't explain yourself.
Seems to me that a pro-town player would ask for clarification if they felt that any of my actions or statements needed explaining. Feel free to ask me anything, about anything that I have said or done, I'll be only too happy to explain myself.
I
asked
you why you suspected me, and you refused to tell me.
And by the way, you haven't answered my earlier request:
Talitha wrote:Could you please elaborate on my impressive level of hypocrisy, Locus?
Sorry, I missed that when the posts started becoming unreadable. You keep attacking people for not posting content, when you have refused to give your reasons for things as well.
If you don't like my style, that is one thing. If you bothered to check, you'd see that I play like this whether I am town or anti-town. There is no justification for your vote.
You're always a hypocrite?
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:29 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Oh, I see.
unvote,
waiting for people to counterclaim or not.

For the record, I am not the cop.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:10 pm

Post by Dmi »

Unvote

Waiting for a counterclaim, if any.
I've already roleclaimed, so...
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:35 pm

Post by Talitha »

locus wrote:I asked you why you suspected me, and you refused to tell me.
No, I
told
you. This was early in the game and I said:
It's not that you've done anything particularly incriminating - it's more that others (eg. Myopia) have given me a better feeling about their townieness, than you have.
Suspicion by process of elimination is
perfectly
valid.
locus wrote:You keep attacking people for not posting content, when you have refused to give your reasons for things as well.
I have
not
refused to give my reasons. I have given them as good as I possibly can without busting my gut for a simple game.
locus wrote:You're always a hypocrite?
Would you like me to go through the game and compare my content to say, the content in InHim's posts? Or maybe I could even compare my content to yours and see if it's comparable. Would that shut you up? Bah. I really hate being called a hypocrite. It's a horrible thing to say about someone and I am just trying to play a game here. If you continue to hurt my feelings I will ask to be replaced.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:43 pm

Post by Dmi »

Talitha wrote:
locus wrote:I asked you why you suspected me, and you refused to tell me.
No, I
told
you. This was early in the game and I said:
It's not that you've done anything particularly incriminating - it's more that others (eg. Myopia) have given me a better feeling about their townieness, than you have.
Suspicion by process of elimination is
perfectly
valid.
locus wrote:You keep attacking people for not posting content, when you have refused to give your reasons for things as well.
I have
not
refused to give my reasons. I have given them as good as I possibly can without busting my gut for a simple game.
locus wrote:You're always a hypocrite?
Would you like me to go through the game and compare my content to say, the content in InHim's posts? Or maybe I could even compare my content to yours and see if it's comparable. Would that shut you up? Bah. I really hate being called a hypocrite. It's a horrible thing to say about someone and I am just trying to play a game here. If you continue to hurt my feelings I will ask to be replaced.
Basically, the only thing relevant/important is suspicion by process of elimination is valid. And even for that, you don't back it up. You just say it and you don't extrapolate a single bit.

Apparently it doesn't take much for you to bust your gut.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:48 pm

Post by Talitha »

Argh
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:27 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I'm not going to join the current argument right now, because I have a slightly different look as far as content goes. (I guess that's kind of obvious, though, right? :P )

However, Dmi, are you really still attacking our cop? Yikes.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:51 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Hypocrite is a technical term for one who says one thing and lives by another. Can you suggest a word I should use instead, in order to live harmoniously with the town?
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:03 pm

Post by Myopia »

I am of course not the cop.

Im also finding it sus that locus and dmi are still attacking talitha pending possible counterclaim.
Locus Cosecant wrote:Hypocrite is a technical term for one who says one thing and lives by another. Can you suggest a word I should use instead, in order to live harmoniously with the town?
Locus this is really irritating me as well.

The problem is that you are simply saying "you are a hypocrite" which is an emotionally loaded word which is one half step above an insult. You arent providing examples of this hypocrisy (talitha asked you point blank to give you an example of her conduct and you failed to). Also extremely importantly (and im talking about your attacks on me now) your leaving it at that without indicating why the particular comment you find so distasteful is anti-town! A hypocritical statement (and again we are going to have to disagree as to whether people have been hypocritical) might be flawed logic and it might not. Its then a further leap to say that its necessarily anti-town. You just say "your a hypocrite" and leave it at that.

At the start, I thought our difficulties stemmed from the fact that I just rubbed you the wrong way. I thought you were wrong but pro-town. The problem is that you just keep doing it. Your attacks on talitha dont seem very well reasoned at all to me.

Talitha explained to you why you were at the (joint) top of her list. It (imo from what she said) wasnt what you had done but that others seemed less guilty. There didnt seem to be anything suspicous about you!

Both times you have been on the receiving end of any criticism at all (my throw away comment at the start about you maybe covering for talitha) and her "list" you have responded very strongly.

I am finding this more and more suspicious. You seem to have signed up for a lot of games and ive come across lots of your posts in other threads. You strike me as a very logical and reasoned person (your handle is sufficient evidence of that). It seems to me that youve either taken a very extreme (and i think unreasoned) dislike to talithas posting style or your not acting very logically at all here.

Im not going to say shes 100% innocent without seeing if there is a counterclaim but saying shes posted less content than inhim or jdtay or kieron/enigma (and im not criticising these people) is just not right.

In short dont use the word at all. I think its weakening your arguments not strengthening them. If you dont like my logic then criticise it. If you think Im scummy then say why and vote for me.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:14 pm

Post by Myopia »

Dmi and locus are currently at the top of my suspect list but Id hate to think that this game has come down to two groups of polarised townies attacking each other while the mafia laugh.

Maybe we should just put the hostilities on hold while we see if there is a counterclaim.

If not then well theres one argument dealt with hey?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:23 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Well, KingEnigma, what's the verdict? You're the last to come forward concerning our cop role.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:36 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Myopia wrote: Im also finding it sus that locus and dmi are still attacking talitha pending possible counterclaim.
I unvoted. I'm waiting to see if there's a counterclaim, which is, AIUI, what you do in this situation. That's a crap logic reason for throwing suspicion around if I ever heard one.
Myopia wrote: Talitha explained to you why you were at the (joint) top of her list. It (imo from what she said) wasnt what you had done but that others seemed less guilty. There didnt seem to be anything suspicous about you!
And she refused to give any reason as to why others seemed more innocent. She refused to give reasons that I seemed scummier than the others. That's essentially the same as giving no reason whatsoever, which makes her a person who says one thing and does another when she chews out others for not giving reasons for their suspicions.
Both times you have been on the receiving end of any criticism at all (my throw away comment at the start about you maybe covering for talitha) and her "list" you have responded very strongly..
My response to you at the start had nothing to do with the fact that you criticized me, and everything to do with the fact that you seemed almost unbelievably timid, like you were trying to plant the seeds of suspicion in people's minds without anyone suspecting that you were behind them. It's not that you were attacking me, it's that you were attacking me fecklessly.

Since it looks as though Talitha is cop (only one person to go), I'm returning to my previous suspicion.
revote: Myopia
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:50 pm

Post by Talitha »

I did
not
chew out anyone for not giving a reason. I politely
asked
Dmi for his reasons for putting a
3rd vote
on Myopia (someone who I thought was likely innocent) and
I didn't like what I heard.
You're clutching at one little thing Locus and refusing to look at the circumstances surrounding it.
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:29 am

Post by JDTAY »

Whoa, this thread has grown very big very fast. Can someone just tell me who we've decided to lynch? I really don't think we're going to get very far until we lynch someone.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:53 am

Post by Dmi »

Talitha wrote:I did
not
chew out anyone for not giving a reason. I politely
asked
Dmi for his reasons for putting a
3rd vote
on Myopia (someone who I thought was likely innocent) and
I didn't like what I heard.
You're clutching at one little thing Locus and refusing to look at the circumstances surrounding it.
As I stated multiple times before, I put the third vote on Myopia because he didn't defend himself for five days. As for my reasons
why
I voted for Myopia, those were mentioned. The fact that you thought he was innocent doesn't count much, since you don't have any info regarding that matter, so your guess is as good as mine and I see no reason why I should care if you think someone is innocent. I have the right to think the opposite.

You ask me why I find Myopia suspicious. I gave you my reasons. You're not satisfied. Seems like you were trying to get me lynched in the first place.

And Myopia, regarding attacking the cop, I strongly suggest you look at your own behaviour concerning JDTAY, the doc.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:06 pm

Post by Myopia »

Dmi wrote:
And Myopia, regarding attacking the cop, I strongly suggest you look at your own behaviour concerning JDTAY, the doc.
Ive referred you to the relevant posts which indicate the actual position. You either havent bothered to read them or just dont care. Either way I'm experiencing a real sense of futility in debating the same irrelevant issues over and over. You grab a leg and call it an elephant.

Id honestly vote for you simply because im finding you really annoying. Fortunately, in this case i think your also scum.

confirm vote dmi

how about voting dmi and taking us to the next day jdtay?
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:43 pm

Post by JDTAY »

Has he claimed yet? I don't quite trust Tally, so I'll wait for Dmi to claim before I decide whether or not to change my vote.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”