(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
The whole thing stinks; I feel like I'm being set up by scum-Volkan here, I just can't imagine how Volkan would act like this as town.
so many people are talking about my alignment and basing other's on it, but I still alive. If vollkan scum is setting you up...that must mean I am....???
Yeah, it would.

I don't know. This whole game is just making me twitchy and paranoid already for some reason.

At this point, I'd be willing to see either you or Volkan lynched. Lynching you still provides more information, I think, and you've already claimed vanillia, but your latest posts have been less scummy and his his have been more scummy, and I'm reconsidering my position. At this point, depending on how the votecount looks as we get close to deadline, I'd be willing to go either way.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by destructor »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Raging Rabbit wrote:Yos is still pushing bad points on des, which is still scummy.
I was never really "pushing points on DES"; I was just trying to get him to explain himself and just answer a couple of simple questions, and for some reason he spent 10 pages fighting me over it before finally giving me some half-decent answers.

I mean, how is me doing that scummy? What possible scum motive would I have for getting into a side argument with someone who everyone else in the game is apparently already convinced is town?
I'm pretty sure nothing I posted in my last response to you hadn't been posted already. I think that's done for now, though. heh

The last paragraph of the quote above is why I asked everyone if they saw what you did. If not, it lends more credibility to the idea that you had to go out of your way to describe my play as you did.

Do you think there is a case on Korts?
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

destructor wrote: The last paragraph of the quote above is why I asked everyone if they saw what you did. If not, it lends more credibility to the idea that you had to go out of your way to describe my play as you did.
(shrug) I don't think it's especally relevent; even if no one else noticed the exact same thing I did, dosn't mean I'm wrong. Especally if they had already decided you were pro-town before that event happened.

Do you think there is a case on Korts?
Eh...well, some odd behavior early, I don't see anything that incriminating though. I'd be interested to see some other people who are voting Korts explain why.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by destructor »

Yos wrote:(shrug) I don't think it's especally relevent; even if no one else noticed the exact same thing I did, dosn't mean I'm wrong. Especally if they had already decided you were pro-town before that event happened.
Sure, but everyone else can be better judges of this than me and it would be more meaningfully discussed by other players. I'm basically handballing the argument to everyone else.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Adel »

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚
votecount as of post 603

with 13 alive, 7 will lynch before deadline

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

¬curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, Yosarian2, DrippingGoofball, populartajo, Korts
Korts:
:Elmo, destructor, Raging Rabbit, Kison
vollkan:
:curiouskarmadog, Battle Mage,
Yosarian2:
:vollkan

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:SensFan

Day 1's deadline is December 6th at 16:46(UTC)

Countdown timer to deadline
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:32 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'd like vollkanscum to park his vote in a more productive place. You're not going to be a chicken with your vote, are you, vollkan?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:43 am

Post by roflcopter »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I'd like vollkanscum to park his vote in a more productive place. You're not going to be a chicken with your vote, are you, vollkan?
word

i mean that like the homies say it
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by vollkan »

Rofl wrote: voll's argument about yos leaving his vote on ckd when he was at L-1 or -2 or whatever is a load of crap and he knows it because ckd was only at that stage due to a SELF VOTE. stop trying to argue that anyone should have unvoted ckd for self voting.
The fact it was a self-vote is completely irrelevant. The material facts are that CKD was at L-1 and that Yos held an unjustified vote.
Yos wrote: You keeping your vote on implies you were happy with CKD having the number of votes he did after I voted him. How is that not an "endorsement" of my vote?
Number, yes. Reasons, no. I thought CKD deserved to be at L-1, but I never thought that gut votes were acceptable.
Yos wrote: But you didn't have a problem with that when I voted, and the only thing that changed was the self vote.
I've already answered this point. I didn't connect your vote to the fact of the wagon being at L-1. What changed was me recognising those two facts together, when Des pointed it out to me.
vollkan wrote: And your "reasons" (If I might blaspheme the term) were not at all stronger than mine. I relied on a direct contradiction in CKD's play. You relied on "some weird feelings". There is absolutely not even an equivalence between the two.
Um...this was the reason for why you first voted for CKD:
vollkan wrote:
CKD wrote:
again, gut...not a case.

Unvote, Vote: CKD Obv scum.
Which you later tried to claim was a "joke vote", even though you basically kept it on him from then on. The reasons I had for first voting him were much stronger then that, certanly.

You then, in an "Ex post facto" justification for your own vote (which is fine when you do it but not when I do it?), brought up the silly "irregular verbs" thing, which is also much weaker then the case I made against him. [/quote]

Cherry-picking. This was my voting post:
Vollkan wrote:
vollkan wrote:
DGB wrote: He needs to BUTTER UP EVERYBODY. Not just townies, not just mafiates, but every player in the game.
The hypothesis of SK-vollkan buttering up everybody is perfectly valid, but as is the hypothesis of vollkan (alignment independent) simply expressing enthusiasm for this game.
DGB wrote: The self-vote is a symptom of vollkan's solitary proclivities, proclivities that include killing players at night without benefit of team discussions.
I must have missed the logical links between self-vote and being solitary, and between solitariness and solo murdering.
DGB wrote: Also, it's self-bus'ing. I mean, he can only bus himself. He's doing it to get town cred in case he goes down in flames.
I'd strongly encourage any SK/s to adopt this excellent strategy.
DGB wrote: Question is, do we lynch the SK or do we lynch the mafia? This game is like shooting fish in a barrel.
Barrel of what?
roflcopter wrote: vollkan, who do you think is most likely town?
Me.
CKD wrote: again,
gut
...not a case.
Unvote, Vote: CKD
Obv scum.
CKD wrote: I didnt like these questions on page 3..who thinks anyone is town on Page 3 of Day 1...I thought maybe he was trying to get conversation started..but just seemed too forced to me.
What do you mean by "forced"?
CKD wrote: sometime just doesnt
feel
right.
*vomit*
CKD wrote: to me, just seems like someone who is trying to look like they are scum hunting
Reaching. I don't see how you can say that such questions are indicative of an attempt to appear scumhunting, rather than just early an effort to scum hunt or at least spur discussion.
With the exception of "*vomit*", the two questions which follow go to the hypocritical play I voted CKD for. His answers affirmed this:
vollkan wrote:
CKD wrote: the vote is on page 5...it is gut..there is nothing more to go on this early in the game...

of course I am fucking reaching..it is early in the game..i am trying to scum hunt. lynch me if you need to for my gut vote on page 5...essentially you are voting me for the exact same reason, vollkan..you think i am reaching and your gut says that is scummy....I think he is trying to earn friends..it was a gut reaction..which is why I said in my vote "lets see where this goes" and didnt present a case with it. Vollkan you have seen me vote on my gut NUMEROUS times as town in the passed...funny you seem to be forgetting that now..why is that? Out of everyone in the game YOU should know I vote gut frequently..we have even discussed it before...noted.
You don't know a joke vote when you see one.

CKD, since when have I been the type to vote seriously based on the use of "gut" alone? Since when have I been the type to preface my votes with "obv scum"? You know better than most how much I tend to vacillate and obsess about different possibilities.

Let me state without qualification that, whilst I generally take issue with unreasoned votes, I know CKD's meta and know that, in his case, gut is (albeit to my disdain) normal. Not that this is a warrant for CKD to give no reasons or anything, but I've learned to give up trying to make my case against gut for him
CKD wrote: also vollkan, those questions seemed out of place..it didnt set right with me...this OF COURSE is reaching...I stated several times it wasnt a case...I am not trying to parade it as anything else..it seemed force because they didnt make any sense..."vollkan, who do you think is town" (or something of the like) on page 3-4 IS forced. it looks like someone trying to LOOK like they are doing something without really doing anything.
This point is serious though, lest my gut humour confuse you. CKD, I find it something of a double standard that when you go after something in a manner which, by your own admission is "reaching", then it is acceptable as early game scumhunting. But, when somebody else asks stupid questions, it is "forced" and an attempt to "appear" to be scumhunting. What say you?
Yos wrote: How is a playstyle change not an inherent scumtell? It's not something that only scum do, but I certanly think a change of playstyle increases the chance of a change in alignment, dosn't it?
There are numerous reasons why a person's style might change (new meta experiences, mood, power role, etc.). It's only scummy if you can pinpoint the change and explain what's scummy about it.
Yos wrote: Saying that my second point was "disagreement with CKD's gut" is a complete misrepresentation of what I said, as I have already explained at least twice. It's that i don't at all understand where his gut vote might have been coming from, and that IS a scum tell.
I called it "gut disagreement" in our debate on this point, and I stand by that label. What it is basically is saying "I don't know CKD's reasons, but I can't imagine he has any good ones". The solution is not to suspect him; the solution is to inquire after the reasons for his suspicion.
Yos wrote: The "poor early game play" thing is a fine reason to vote someone especally in the early point of the game when I voted him
Yes, my argument was just that this was by no means restricted to CKD and probably just due to the nature of this game's early stage
Yos wrote: and I never said #4 at all.
You did actually:
Yos wrote:
Voll wrote: You're better than this.

Unvote, Vote: Yosarian2

This is exactally why some people just say "gut", you know. Because whenever you try to explain exactally why you have a bad, scummy feeling about someone's posts, you get attacked for it.

I'm not trying to constuct a "logical case" here, really. I think CKD is scum, and I'm trying to explain what gave me that impression. You can either agree or disagree.

And what the hell do you mean, I'm better then this? It's early on day 1 and I've already caught a scum and figured out who one of his scum partners is. What more do you want?
DrippingGoofball wrote:I'd like vollkanscum to park his vote in a more productive place. You're not going to be a chicken with your vote, are you, vollkan?
No. I know that my Yos suspicion is unlikely to carry through, since it has convinced nobody. As my rankings indicate, my next biggest suspect is CKD, followed by Korts and Rofl (who I know is even less viable a lynch than yos).

In light of the approaching deadline,
Unvote, Vote: CKD
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

not surprised...thats -1 kids...who will do the honors?

btw, the scum are vollkan, rofl (feel free to nominate me for mafia hunter or something the like)

consider this my "bah", "go town", and "I told you so."

also, DGB...will be waiting for the apology....I will be dead, but I will expect sweet words from the heart...if you could push out a tear...also, I would like you to chair some sort of CKD fund in my honor...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:22 pm

Hahahha, you forgot to name a third scum. Might that be because that's YOU???
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

vollkan wrote:
Yos wrote: How is a playstyle change not an inherent scumtell? It's not something that only scum do, but I certanly think a change of playstyle increases the chance of a change in alignment, dosn't it?
There are numerous reasons why a person's style might change (new meta experiences, mood, power role, etc.). It's only scummy if you can pinpoint the change and explain what's scummy about it.
There are numerous reasons, yes. Some reasons are scummy, some are unrelated to alignment. Which, I think, does make it a (weak) net scumtell.
I called it "gut disagreement" in our debate on this point, and I stand by that label. What it is basically is saying "I don't know CKD's reasons, but I can't imagine he has any good ones". The solution is not to suspect him; the solution is to inquire after the reasons for his suspicion.
Except inquires into his reasons, made by several people, went nowhere. And the game was quite short at that point; it's not like there could have been much that I missed before he made that vote.

Volkan wrote: You did actually:
Yos wrote:
Voll wrote: You're better than this.

Unvote, Vote: Yosarian2

This is exactally why some people just say "gut", you know. Because whenever you try to explain exactally why you have a bad, scummy feeling about someone's posts, you get attacked for it.

I'm not trying to constuct a "logical case" here, really. I think CKD is scum, and I'm trying to explain what gave me that impression. You can either agree or disagree.

And what the hell do you mean, I'm better then this? It's early on day 1 and I've already caught a scum and figured out who one of his scum partners is. What more do you want?
Yes, I said that. Note that nowhere in there did I say that it was "just gut". I was just pointing out that you were trying to treat my post as if it was something different from what it was. And since none of my reasons are actually flawed, as can be pretty clearly seen in this post, it's really scummy that you were trying to construct a case against me based on my reasons for suspecting CKD, especally if you also suspect him. It just dosn't make sense.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by roflcopter »

awesomesauce
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by Kison »

yoooo yooooo yoo

this is the one andonly kioson, brillinatly chillin right here in the present tense at mafiascunm.net

the cursioikamradog is not thelnch for thoda y pelaseunvote

thanks

oh

populartjo totaly wishwashed that question i asked him.............. but i see through you mr popultartjo

battle scum lurkinhg not sure what is up there but he has done this before. The last I recall was in mafia vs wolveds where he was that millerwannabe scumbag so idont know that battle scum lurking makes hi mlive up to the name of cum if that makes any sense. also it wasa long time ago

but he needs to pay attention or i will kick him like iold times

until then

i am out

good night
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

ok, i kinda wanna hammer CKD, but also dont wanna break his ickle heart... :S

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:23 am

Battle Mage wrote:ok, i kinda wanna hammer CKD, but also dont wanna break his ickle heart... :S
Yeah I know, scumbags get queasy when it comes time to hammer a townie, don't they? They'd rather another townie yield the weapon.

Let's kill either vollkan or BM.

unvote, vote: BM

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:25 am

Let me phrase that another way.

If CKD was your buddy, you wouldn't have hesitated to make yourself the hero and hammer him for town cred. If you were town, you wouldn't have hesitated to make yourself the hero and hammer such a scummy player.

Thus you are scum, BM, and CKD is town.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:45 am

what the fuck????

no no no...DGB...you are not getting out of my apology..I dont care if you did unvote...you have done nothing but push my wagon all day...you are not getting out of it that easy.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:12 am

any last comments from anyone on my wagon?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:23 am

Post by Korts »

BM's reluctance is strange considering he expresses his desire to hammer, but he did keep the pro-town read on CKD pretty much all the way through. So no, I don't see your point, DGB, since CKD will die tomorrow at deadline anyway.
scumchat never die
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Kison »

curiouskarmadog wrote:what the fuck????
What he said.

This is the game that I was talking about regarding Battle Mage lurkishness. I think Destructor was the one who said he was scum and lurked his way through another game. Do these two compare? My initial instinct tells me that there's little correlation between Battle Mage lurking and his alignment, and I believe a lot of it stems from that game I showed(where he forgot his own role).
Korts wrote:BM's reluctance is strange considering he expresses his desire to hammer, but he did keep the pro-town read on CKD pretty much all the way through.
Well, if he's been keeping his pro town read, do you find it odd that he expresses desire to hammer?

Bluehost screen... *waits*
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Let me phrase that another way.

If CKD was your buddy, you wouldn't have hesitated to make yourself the hero and hammer him for town cred. If you were town, you wouldn't have hesitated to make yourself the hero and hammer such a scummy player.

Thus you are scum, BM, and CKD is town.
:lol:

I didnt find him especially scummy but Post 608 was absolutely horrible.

If i was scum, i wouldnt be seen hesitating. I'd either not post anything, or i'd make a decision. I guess its WIFOM, but my motive was, i'm being up front about my opinion. In any case, its not a scumtell.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:what the fuck????

no no no...DGB...you are not getting out of my apology..I dont care if you did unvote...you have done nothing but push my wagon all day...you are not getting out of it that easy.
Dude, can we string her up now or what??

Unvote, Vote: DGB

Pushing poorly thought out arguments is a scumtell for DGB. I cite Return of the Mafia as a pressing example (where she was Toaster Strudel). :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Kison is talking alot of sense and is probably protown. But i dont understand how he can go from such shite grammar to satisfactory posting so quickly. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:38 am

I have CKD pulling really hard at my heartstrings (I told you I'll never let you play me like a violin ever again, put down that bow), and BM screaming "I'm scum! I'm scum!"

There is no way in hell that BM wouldn't think CKD is scummy, if he were town. The only way a player can see something townie in CKD is to be scum, KNOWING that CKD is town, despite evidence to the contrary.

CKD has more flashing scum marquees than Vegas has casinos. Only scum would defend him.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I have CKD pulling really hard at my heartstrings (I told you I'll never let you play me like a violin ever again, put down that bow), and BM screaming "I'm scum! I'm scum!"

There is no way in hell that BM wouldn't think CKD is scummy, if he were town. The only way a player can see something townie in CKD is to be scum, KNOWING that CKD is town, despite evidence to the contrary.

CKD has more flashing scum marquees than Vegas has casinos. Only scum would defend him.
Evidently not. It's called adapting to a meta. Meta indication of his townieness also helps.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”