Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:12 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

farside22 wrote:Azrael001 post 52: I would think by now you would know the do's and don't's of mafia. This is a big don't FOS
Azrael001 POST 57: By outing the roles scum have the advantage on who to kill first. Bad logic
killa seven: post 60: bravo
super random: post 63: misses the point entirely.
Azrael001: Post 67: my head hurts. Outing the cop unnecessarly does not help the town. If the cop had a guilty I would say please so you have a guilty. Guess what it's day 1 and no info. Deal with scum hunting instead of role fishing.
Azrael001 post 70: No. It isn't just a simple doc, cop, gf roles. there can be role blockers, trackers, nurses anything as long as the game is normal.
Lowell psot 84: Then tell me who you find scummy?
Lowell post 92: Better reason taking a side why? Is one town and one scum in your view? Why?
super random post 103: feels like a me too post.
MonkeyM post 104: really lets BW for no reason.

Okay in short. AZ just stop. I get newbie who just doesn't have a clue read on this. Some of the votes on him are people who aren't explaining he is wrong. Lowell defending and taking a side is weird, but I don't see it vote worthy and people already speculating on a scum group when no everyone posting deserves and FOS
Man I don't know who is worse. KOC for speculation and trying to start a wagon on a newb without a clue. Monkey or super's vote switch to start a BW with no reason.

unvote:
vote: KOC
FOS: Monkey and Random super
I'm not speculating, farside, I'm voting Azrael for speculating and asking for a cop claim.
I also like how you refer to the posts of your two FoSes, but give nothing against me - not even noting where my posts are.
FoS: farside

Votecount:
Knight of Cydonia - 4 (Santos, Azrael001, Lowell, farside22)
Lowell - 3 (super random dude, MonkeyMan576, Knight of Cydonia)
Azrael001 - 2 (q21, Light-kun)
killa seven - 1 (Jebus)
MonkeyMan576 - 1 (Sun Tzu)
Santos - 1 (ahaad)
Light-kun - 1 (BridgesAndBaloons)
Not voting: Wiccan Honor, Aceagain, Markenstein, sekinj, killa seven, smithy88, -TinVision-, PerArdua, alvinz95
With 22 alive, it's 12 to lynch.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:27 am

Post by -TinVision- »

FOS MonkeyMan576 and Super Random Dude
. Their relatively quiet hopping on the Lowell bandwagon interests me.
lol objective morality
Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Azrael001 »

I find it amusing that, even with all of this controversy, if every person who was currently voting for someone picked the same person, we wouldn't have enough for a lynch.
Forgive my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.

(The irony is killing me.)
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:02 am

Post by sekinj »

@az - just because a person isn't voting for someone it doesn't mean they are not involved in the game.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:05 am

Post by -TinVision- »

Well if you don't count the lurkers, this game is a ~12-man mini, in which case Lowell is at L-2. Ha.
lol objective morality
Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:35 am

Post by Azrael001 »

@sek: I realize this, but that doesn't stop me from finding it amusing that less than half of the people have even voted.

It would be good to have the people who have yet to post weigh in.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:12 am

Post by farside22 »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:
farside22 wrote:Azrael001 post 52: I would think by now you would know the do's and don't's of mafia. This is a big don't FOS
Azrael001 POST 57: By outing the roles scum have the advantage on who to kill first. Bad logic
killa seven: post 60: bravo
super random: post 63: misses the point entirely.
Azrael001: Post 67: my head hurts. Outing the cop unnecessarly does not help the town. If the cop had a guilty I would say please so you have a guilty. Guess what it's day 1 and no info. Deal with scum hunting instead of role fishing.
Azrael001 post 70: No. It isn't just a simple doc, cop, gf roles. there can be role blockers, trackers, nurses anything as long as the game is normal.
Lowell psot 84: Then tell me who you find scummy?
Lowell post 92: Better reason taking a side why? Is one town and one scum in your view? Why?
super random post 103: feels like a me too post.
MonkeyM post 104: really lets BW for no reason.

Okay in short. AZ just stop. I get newbie who just doesn't have a clue read on this. Some of the votes on him are people who aren't explaining he is wrong. Lowell defending and taking a side is weird, but I don't see it vote worthy and people already speculating on a scum group when no everyone posting deserves and FOS
Man I don't know who is worse. KOC for speculation and trying to start a wagon on a newb without a clue. Monkey or super's vote switch to start a BW with no reason.

unvote:
vote: KOC
FOS: Monkey and Random super
I'm not speculating, farside, I'm voting Azrael for speculating and asking for a cop claim.
I also like how you refer to the posts of your two FoSes, but give nothing against me - not even noting where my posts are.
FoS: farside

You are speculation on Lowell and AZ and what was said calling it a scum pair. Also jumping on a newbie who is wrong even though he still doesn't get it is not a scum tell. Seriously you think scum is going to walk in and say. Okay cop claim so we can kill you.
Get real.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:04 am

Post by -TinVision- »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:A team of Azrael-Lowell-Light might be too obvious, but I think two of those three are together as least.
I just read back and noticed this quote. By "two of those three are together" you mean that they are a scum team together? I'm surprised this slipped by unchallenged; it seems like an awfully big leap of deduction based on very paltry reasons. Either you're Sherlock Holmes, or you're talking a lot of nothing, or you're try to encourage a wagon on any one of the three of the people who've garnered some suspicion already. I don't trust it.

Vote BridgesAndBaloons
lol objective morality
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:28 am

Post by Lowell »

-TinVision- wrote:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:A team of Azrael-Lowell-Light might be too obvious, but I think two of those three are together as least.
I just read back and noticed this quote. By "two of those three are together" you mean that they are a scum team together? I'm surprised this slipped by unchallenged; it seems like an awfully big leap of deduction based on very paltry reasons. Either you're Sherlock Holmes, or you're talking a lot of nothing, or you're try to encourage a wagon on any one of the three of the people who've garnered some suspicion already. I don't trust it.

Vote BridgesAndBaloons
Ooo and I have a question too. 3 scum on a team? You sure about that? How?

That said, speculating on a scumteam, like openly speculating on powerroles, doesn't really bother me.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Light-kun »

sekinj wrote: I'm surprised at Light's vote, as he seems to be trying to slip it in without notice.
@Light - what makes you think Az is experienced?
Hm... honestly, it is off the fact that I have played another completed game with him. Since I caught on to the game fairly quickly, (ie, about 1 game), I suppose that I probably assumed that Az would be as quick to learn to avoid a logical fallacy like that. Is that standard too high? *shrugs* maybe.

As for more current events:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:forgot to
unvote

first and too lazy to check if it's required.

vote: Light-Kun

A team of Azrael-Lowell-Light might be too obvious, but I think two of those three are together as least.
*Shrugs* Go for it, just a *LITTLE* more reasoning would be nice.

Um... yeah...
Unvote
As I started off saying, I feel Az should be less foolish in his play than he was... is... *not sure where the gray area stops.*
Now...where to go from here...

Well, I am a bit peeved at KoC for having two posts (I *think* his last two) that contribute nothing to the game except outside joking. (might have been three) Sure, have fun, but in one of them, have some commentary...opinion...etc.

Next, we need those players prodded, but since that has been done already, I am just making this note here <---.

Next, Bridges: I understand the whole being busy thing...but you said you would (was it your "next post" from that one? Too lazy to look it up) you said you would explain why your voting me/having suspicions. So while I don't have any issue with your vote, I do have a problem with the lack of ability to defend against your reasoning.

Moving on: Lowell, why do you do this? PLEASE type something more than apathy and f*cking post it.

Az: Why do you assume that this game will have a cop like the other games? C'mon, for all we know, everyone might be a townie. Just because a moderator has the option, doesn't mean it is used. Not sure at this point if your honestly naive (or lacking conceptual thinking) or if you are fishing... I really wonder.

I have nothing further at this moment.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Azrael001 »

There are something like twenty people, and while I think that it would be amusing to secretly have
only
townies, I am guessing that with this many people that there would be a number of power roles. Now that I know there are a number of possible roles, I would be less willing to bet on there being a cop and/or doctor. It seems to me that the more people that there are in a game, the greater the variations among the roles.
Light-kun wrote:I feel Az should be less foolish in his play than he was... is... *not sure where the gray area stops.*
Probably from your point of view, the gray area would stop on is. I am still unconvinced that in the event that there is only a cop and doctor left among the power roles that "follow the cop" is a bad strategy. Especially when the doctors protect the person from all kills at night (as I am used to (unless the kill power states otherwise)).

BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

-TinVision- wrote:
I just read back and noticed this quote. By "two of those three are together" you mean that they are a scum team together?
I'm noting how connected they are. I said "are together." I'm saying that through their connectedness, it looks like they could be part of (or an entire) scum group.
Either you're Sherlock Holmes, or you're talking a lot of nothing, or you're try to encourage a wagon on any one of the three of the people who've garnered some suspicion already. I don't trust it.
I'm talking a lot of nothing, isn't that what you do in the beginning?
Would if it had been better if I said, "not quite sure, but maybe, possibly they are together?" In the beginning of the game, there's no reason to not talk like that.
Everyone realizes that there isn't enough evidence to be confidant, but this supposed confidence might scare scum if I'm right, causing them to somehow attack this argument or otherwise act weirdly.

Lowell wrote:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:A team of Azrael-Lowell-Light might be too obvious, but I think two of those three are together
as least
Ooo and I have a question too. 3 scum on a team? You sure about that? How?

That said, speculating on a scumteam, like openly speculating on powerroles, doesn't really bother me.
I bolded and sized up the section of my post you should read. I'm seeing two together at least (note that the word as should be at). There could be a scum team of 2,3,4,5,6,7. Well, 7 doesn't seem very likely, but you get the point.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

Azrael001 wrote:There are something like twenty people, and while I think that it would be amusing to secretly have
only
townies,
Freaking gosh... more fishing. Everyone: Please be
very
careful when you respond to this.

(By the way, what I'm saying is that talking here could give away your role)

I'm going to post some reasons for my Light vote today, and I probably won't be posting too much/at all friday or saturday. I think I may get to post tomorrow.
Light-kun wrote:Lowell's behavior does not strike me as odd considering past games. I will be sure to watch him.
[1]
Given the presented ideas by Azrael
[4]
, I think that he warrants another vote. Much more so than Killa's vote, considering his decent number of posts this game. If he lurks, I will vote him and his general null telliness.
[2]
*Shrugs*

As for Azrael, I feel like he should be more experienced
[3]
than to blunder as he seems to have done. As a result, I will be
Voting Azrael
for now. Hmm... Lowell, why do you think it is irrelevant day 1.
[1]
Buddying up with Lowell. Basically he's defending him saying a meta, without elaborating on the meta. It just seems like he's trying to divert attention away from Lowell. He also says he "warrants another vote," but then doesn't vote for him. Looks like he's trying to stay clean if Lowell comes up scum.

[2]
He's writting this now so he has a chance to attack Killa in the future if other people vote for him. Getting ready for an excuse to be opportune

[3]
Um, he's only playing in two other games here. He has only 73 posts here. Is that really "more experienced?"
(yes I think what Azrael did was weird, but Light's ignoring the fact that Azrael isn't very experienced. I believe this Azrael's first non-open game here. is that correct, Azrael? It's like Light's trying to make his case seem stronger than it is).

[4]
this is the point that I saw first.

He is following the points given by Azrael, right? But he
is voting for Azrael
. This totally screams out that Light knows that Azrael is town, and so follows his logic, but then ends up voting for Azrael?
Seems like a slip to me, him following Azreal's advice but then voting for him.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:36 pm

Post by Santos »

Luftballons may have something; lets go with it.

Unvote

Vote: Light-kun
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:11 am

Post by Phate »

Wiccan Honor, Aceagain, Markenstein, and smithy88 have not picked up their first prods. I am searching for replacements.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:20 am

Post by Phate »

Shanba replaces Wiccan Honor.

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Phate »

johhan replaces Aceagain.

Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Azrael001 »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
Azrael001 wrote:There are something like twenty people, and while I think that it would be amusing to secretly have
only
townies,
Freaking gosh... more fishing. Everyone: Please be
very
careful when you respond to this.
I think you misunderstand. I was imagining a game in which there were no other factions, and no power roles. Every person would be vanilla townie (no mafia). If I were running a game, I might be tempted to make a game in that format, just to see if anyone figures it out before it becomes obvious.

I do not think that that is the case here.

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:11 am

That's called bastard modding, and it's not Phate's style, AFAIK.
But still, it's more useless speculation - becoming a habit of yours.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I think B&B may be on to something regarding KoC, but at this point I'm equally suspicious of Lowell, so my vote stays.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by sekinj »

++ follower points for MM
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:28 am

Post by killa seven »

going to be on vacation.. please dont replace.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:16 am

Post by sekinj »

@k7 - if you hadn't mentioned it we probably wouldn't have noticed your absense, since it is so NORM.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:18 am

MonkeyMan576 wrote:I think B&B may be on to something regarding KoC, but at this point I'm equally suspicious of Lowell, so my vote stays.
But no FoS, or indeed, any meaningful statement of why you agree, or what makes you so certain that B&B is safe to follow. Hmph.
FoS MonkeyMan576
until you explain why you're so certain that B&B is a good person to follow opinion-wise.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:21 am

Incidentally - I find it amusing that Azrael and Lowell seem to be getting away scot-free with an OMGUS vote each on me.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”