Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by Adel »

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚
votecount as of post 573

with 13 alive, 7 will lynch before deadline

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

¬curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, Yosarian2, DrippingGoofball, populartajo, Korts
Korts:
:Battle Mage, Elmo, destructor, Raging Rabbit
Yosarian2:
:Kison, vollkan
vollkan:
:curiouskarmadog

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:SensFan

Day 1's deadline is December 6th at 16:46(UTC)

Countdown timer to deadline
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:49 pm

Post by destructor »

Yos wrote:Ok, thank you.

So, with #2, in saying you're "not sure", I suppose that means that you currently think CKD and Korts are about equally scummy now, is that right? Could you explain what you think the cases on each one are?
I voted ckd because I thought his attack on rofl was scummy. His reasoning for his case didn't gel with the explanation he gave for voting rofl in the first place - gut. This isn't really a huge discrepancy, but I pointed out that I felt his issues with rofl's play were probably more applicable to Korts'... which in turn had something to do with why I suspected Korts. I listed my thoughts on Korts about 3 posts ago as well as in some other posts (e.g. Korts ignoring the invalidity of ckd's first vote). I also noted that I was more interested in trying to make a case based on connections as opposed to isolated scummy behaviour.
Yos wrote:And, could you explain why you think your vote is "more useful" on Korts now then it would be on CKD.
It stopped the day from ending prematurely, it applied pressure to my other suspect, it created a more level vote count meaning any other votes placed could be read into more.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by destructor »

EBWOP:
destructor wrote:His reasoning for his case didn't gel with the explanation he gave for voting rofl in the first place - gut. This isn't really a huge discrepancy, but I pointed out that I felt his issues with rofl's
early[/i] play were probably more applicable to Korts'.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:54 pm

Post by destructor »

asdf
destructor wrote:His reasoning for his case didn't gel with the explanation he gave for voting rofl in the first place - gut. This isn't really a huge discrepancy, but I pointed out that I felt his issues with rofl's
early
play were probably more applicable to Korts'.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:24 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

curiouskarmadog wrote:oh yeah...(sorry for the triple post)..

unvote, vote vollkan.

best place for my vote.
One last bus before dying? Oh my, maybe vollkan is in a team!!!
curiouskarmadog wrote:hey DGB, when i flip town...I expect a very humbling apology from you..unless you are scum, then I understand.
Yeah, you pulled at my heartstrings with that violin before, CKD... and you had me totally hoodwinked. I have sworn to be merciless in the future. I have no more tears to shed over your alignment. Remember Thespival, that's my motto.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Unvote, Vote: Vollkan

I dont think CKD scum would claim vanilla at this point. I dont think Korts scum would be so blatant in his self-interest.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Kison »

Populartajo, I asked you what you thought about my explanation for why I chose not to vote the karma dog.

Battle Scum,
why are you not reading the game?

Unvote

Vote: Korts

I will move this if required to prevent a no lynch.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by vollkan »

DGB wrote: Can you please provide us with a list of who is scum and who is town? Just a list. No verb.
I'll give the list without verb and then the list with verb.

Town (<50)

1) Destructor - 45
2) Raging Rabbit - 47

Scum (>50)

1) Yos - 70
2) CKD - 65
3) Korts, Rofl - 60

Ambiguous (=50)

DGB
Sens
Elmo
RR
Tajo
BM

3. DrippingGoofball - Frankly, I find DGB's play utterly opaque. Anybody who has been following this game should see that our styles just don't match up at all. All I really see here is a list of "X is scum" "Y is town". I know this is how she plays (*grinds teeth*), which leaves me utterly devoid of any insight into her alignment. As such, DGB has to get a

4. SensFan - Very little content to go on.

5. curiouskarmadog - The early game irregular verb usage of CKD is my first problem with CKD. I am not sure what to make of his self-voting to L-1, but I don't think it inherently scummy. Somewhat ironic that he should label DGB as "useless" when, in that same post, his reads on Des, Korts and Yos are also gut- based (In preemption: I am not saying your gut reads are scummy; I am saying that it is hypocritical to lambast DGB as useless when she is really only taking gut-based play to its logical extent of "nothing matters so anything goes"). I was going to address this later, but seeing as I am talking about CKD now, these are the reasons he gives for suspecting me:
CKD wrote: even though vollkan's vote is off of me (atm)...getting huge scum vibes off him...was on my wagon when it was hot..called him on his shitty (unmeta like) vote...jumps off then attacks someone who is on my wagon...though his points at the time (against Yos) have some merit..still not liking the way he is manuvering.
1) I'm not sure why it is necessary to insert the phrase "even though vollkan's vote is off me (atm)". Unless you are incorporating some kind of OMGUS craplogic
2) "huge scum vibes". You all know my views on this; I don't think I need to repeat myself.
3) "on my wagon when it was hot". So what? There's nothing innately scummy about being on a wagon. It are the reasons for a vote which are important. I know you go on to criticise my reasons (I will get to that in the next point), but I single out this phrase because it adds nothing meaningful other than an emotional punch.
4) "shitty (unmeta like) vote". Okay, CKD has several times treated my vote as a "joke vote". Initially, I accept some blame here because I gave serious reasons and jokey reasons combined. But I have since explained that my vote was not for CKD's use of gut (which I presume is what he means by "unmeta"), but for his use of an irregular verb (hypocritical attack that other people doing weak hunting was "reaching", but him doing it was "early game scumhunting")
5) "jumps off then attacks someone who is on my wagon...though his points at the time (against Yos) have some merit". So I changed my vote for reasons which you acknowledge have merit? How the heck can you construe that as scummy? If I had presented my reasons against Yos without changing my vote, I daresay you would be criticising me for keeping a vote on you when there were more compelling reasons to vote Yos. This just makes no sense at all.
6) "still not liking the way he is manuvering". Could you be any vaguer?

All in all, I'd go about a
on CKD at this stage

6. Korts - His attacks on Guardian for being "non-committal" presented a very skewed interpretation of Guardian's play. Defended rofl's attack on Sensfan as having been justified by reasons, which I have already showed was complete crap. Also went to pains to argue that DGB's "actions" were pro-town; him eventually finessing all disagreement by putting it down to an ideological divide between us over whether scum want to generate reactions. Subjectivising disagreement is an old trick, and is basically just a cop-out.

7. roflcopter - Basically DGB writ large (or maybe that should be other way around...). Shouldn't come as any surprise that my biggest issue here is the tap-dancing about the SensFan scumminess. He kept pointing to the same set of posts for quite a while until he eventually backflipped and gave an explanation completely divorced from those posts. As I have said, the concern I have held for some time is that ROFL's playstyle allows him to get away with posting absolute BS and avoiding any accountability for it, whilst others get pulled down for the content of their posts - so the fact that he squirmed so much when forced to explain himself really underscores this.

8. destructor - Without canonising him as Saint Des the Most Protown, I've found nothing in Des's play thus far that warrants suspicion and his posts and reasoning are of a high standard. He's also asking the right questions. At this stage, Des breaks below 50 and scores a

9. Yosarian2 - I don't mean to engage in a pbp review of our entire debate. For now, L-2 vote for CKD had no justification provided with it; attack on Des for trying to divert attention from CKD (which was fairly clearly not what Des was doing, as Des's posts made it clear that he didn't think Yos had justified his vote); and a very poor ex post facto justification for the vote (again: 1) Playstyle change (not inherently scummy); 2) Disagreement with CKD's gut; 3) Singling out CKD for poor early game play; 4) Subjectivising disagreement by telling me the vote was just gut and I could either "agree or disagree").
overall.

10. Elmo - Little to go on. I haven't found anything said by him scummy, though.

11. Raging Rabbit - I haven't found anything scummy about him thus far, he's been decent as far as content and s:n goes, and he had good reasons to back up his Korts vote.

12. populartajo - Not enough to get a solid read.

13. Battle Mage - I really get nothing from his posts, and I haven't noticed any compelling arguments for BM either way.

14. Kison - Mild pro-town read here - his reasoning on Rofl, Yos and Korts seems to be similar to my own. Doesn't clear him by any means in my eyes, but without any scumtells it is in his favour.
BM wrote: Unvote, Vote: Vollkan
Why?
BM wrote: I dont think CKD scum would claim vanilla at this point.
Why?
BM wrote: I dont think Korts scum would be so blatant in his self-interest.
Why?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by Korts »

vollkan.
vollkan wrote:destructor - Without canonising him as Saint Des the Most Protown, I've found nothing in Des's play thus far that warrants suspicion and his posts and reasoning are of a high standard. He's also asking the right questions. At this stage, Des breaks below 50 and scores a 45.
After this, I have to question your motives in attacking my pro-town read on DGB for
very
similar grounds.
scumchat never die
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:59 pm

Post by destructor »

vollkan wrote:Without canonising him as Saint Des the Most Protown
LOL

@ everyone
- When you read my play, do you see what Yos is saying about me?

I also think BM absolutely needs to be held accountable for everything he's said today and hasn't answered for yet.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:48 pm

Post by vollkan »

Korts wrote:vollkan.
vollkan wrote:destructor - Without canonising him as Saint Des the Most Protown, I've found nothing in Des's play thus far that warrants suspicion and his posts and reasoning are of a high standard. He's also asking the right questions. At this stage, Des breaks below 50 and scores a 45.
After this, I have to question your motives in attacking my pro-town read on DGB for
very
similar grounds.
I anticipated as much. It's all a matter of degree.

Aggregated and apparently good scumhunting suggests a greater likelihood somebody is town. I'd be stupid to deny that. There's no inconsistency in recognising that fact, on one hand, whilst also rejecting the idea that, say, a few sharp questions, some reaction-stirring, or gut agreement can render a person pro-town.

Also, I really must stress that Des only got a ranking of 45. Not only is that hardly a ringing endorsement, but it's relative to everybody else. When you look at the people that get 50s, Des has to be lower given the level and quality of content.
Des wrote:
V wrote: Without canonising him as Saint Des the Most Protown
LOL
Wow...Des found something
I
said funny. That's got to be two miracles right there.
Yos wrote: @ everyone - When you read my play, do you see what Yos is saying about me?
No. As my previous
essays
posts have made clear, I don't like Yos's take on your stance to his CKD vote, the case on CKD by Yos, or the whole "Does a self-vote warrant an unvote?" question. I do think the questions he is asking about your stance on CKD are legitimate, though.
Des wrote:
I also think BM absolutely needs to be held accountable for everything he's said today and hasn't answered for yet.
His play is just very "insubstantial" (for want of a better word). It's not even that it is gut-based or anything (eg. unlike ROFL or DGB).
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:03 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

FOS:Volkan
No way does he act like this as town.

I mean, at first, he seems to be fine with me having what he assumed to be a gut vote on CKD; in fact, he supported it by keeping his vote on CKD. Then, suddenly, CKD votes himself and puts himself at -2, and he acts like I was doing something wrong for keeping my vote there, when letting someone bluff everyone into unvoting them by voting themselves clearly seems a sub-part toiwn straragy. Now he's trying to say stuff like this:
Volkan wrote: L-2 vote for CKD had no justification provided with it
which isn't even true, since my vote wasn't a L-2 vote. And even though he was fine with me doing a "gut vote", he's now attacking me for explaining the initial reasons for my CKD vote, even though they were pretty clearly stronger then HIS initial reasons for voting CKD.

The whole thing stinks; I feel like I'm being set up by scum-Volkan here, I just can't imagine how Volkan would act like this as town.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:21 am

Post by vollkan »

Yos wrote: I mean, at first, he seems to be fine with me having what he assumed to be a gut vote on CKD; in fact, he supported it by keeping his vote on CKD.
You're making the ridiculous assumption that two people cannot be voting for the same person unless they both endorse each other's votes.
Yos wrote: Then, suddenly, CKD votes himself and puts himself at -2, and he acts like I was doing something wrong for keeping my vote there, when letting someone bluff everyone into unvoting them by voting themselves clearly seems a sub-part toiwn straragy.
Nice strawman. It's absolutely wrong to suggest that I was saying people should have been bluffed into unvoting CKD. Need I remind you that I continued voting CKD after the self-vote? My problem is wholly and solely the lack of reasons supplied with your vote.
Yos wrote: which isn't even true, since my vote wasn't a L-2 vote
That should have read L-1, firstly. And, as I have explained previously, what I mean is the continued holding of a gut vote on CKD whilst he is at L-1.
Yos wrote: And even though he was fine with me doing a "gut vote", he's now attacking me for explaining the initial reasons for my CKD vote, even though they were pretty clearly stronger then HIS initial reasons for voting CKD.
How the heck do you justify saying I was fine with your vote? I didn't attack it at the time because I hadn't joined the dots between it and the size of the wagon. By no means did I endorse it (that almost goes without saying for me).

And your "reasons" (If I might blaspheme the term) were not at all stronger than mine. I relied on a direct contradiction in CKD's play. You relied on "some weird feelings". There is absolutely not even an equivalence between the two.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:48 am

destructor wrote:I also think BM absolutely needs to be held accountable for everything he's said today and hasn't answered for yet.
BM's account should be paid to the VIG.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:53 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Yosarian2 wrote:
The whole thing stinks; I feel like I'm being set up by scum-Volkan here, I just can't imagine how Volkan would act like this as town.
so many people are talking about my alignment and basing other's on it, but I still alive. If vollkan scum is setting you up...that must mean I am....???

but your vote still stays...why is that? Maybe you are setting up vollkan tomorrow, when I flip town....

Yos please explain your comment.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:03 am

Yosarian2 wrote:I feel like I'm being set up by scum-Volkan here, I just can't imagine how Volkan would act like this as town.
Shall we lynch him in order to determine if he's bus'ing you? I would like to know.

Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Yos is still pushing bad points on des, which is still scummy. Not sure what to make of the wall of text argument with Vollkan, both of them sorta lost me at some point.

BM, why can't Kors-scum be blatant about self reservation? It makes perfect sense for him to be. Still by far the best lynch imo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:57 am

Post by populartajo »

The fact that Volkan and Yos still fill this thread with walls of text makes me dislike rereading this game already.
I thought Yos was a good reasoner but some points against des make me worry about this.
Mafia isnt that hard, really. What CKD did at the beginning of the game is a classic scumtell and thats why its the most optymal lynch right now.
I can understand what Kison is talking about but when I think Im prob right in something I am not going to hear others as long as they dont give me a good damn reason to change my mind.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:42 am

Post by roflcopter »

yos' points against des are lacking

yos' points against voll are winning

voll's argument about yos leaving his vote on ckd when he was at L-1 or -2 or whatever is a load of crap and he knows it because ckd was only at that stage due to a SELF VOTE. stop trying to argue that anyone should have unvoted ckd for self voting.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:11 am

hey pop, so that I know..what did I do that was a classic scumtell?..in your words
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:13 am

Post by populartajo »

Classic scumtell was pushing for a weak case (rolf), bringing unnecessary things or weak arguments to discussion.
The SK discussion is an unnecessary thing.
131 is a good example of pushing weak arguments.
I also feel what rolf is feeling in those first pages about des. Ask everyone. I would be ext surprised if Des comes up scum.
You ask how rolf thinks des is town in page 3. Tell me when rolf became obvscum to you? Your vote was based in a case or in gut?

Also, non related stuff, when the hell did you say that I played badly in Nice Shot?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:47 am

populartajo wrote:Classic scumtell was pushing for a weak case (rolf), bringing unnecessary things or weak arguments to discussion.
The SK discussion is an unnecessary thing.
131 is a good example of pushing weak arguments.
I also feel what rolf is feeling in those first pages about des. Ask everyone. I would be ext surprised if Des comes up scum.
You ask how rolf thinks des is town in page 3. Tell me when rolf became obvscum to you? Your vote was based in a case or in gut?

Also, non related stuff, when the hell did you say that I played badly in Nice Shot?
I didnt push a case at first. I saw something that I found scummy and and took my random off and placed it on that person. I openly said numerous times that initally it was "reachy" and based on gut. In reference to the SK thing..He stated that Des was so protown...my point to him is that he has won a game before being a SK, so he should know that a lot of the times, the SK looks like the most town person in a game.

rolf looked more scum when he shouted bullshit, refused to answer questions, and OMGUS voted me..

also, POP, sense you think you have such a good grasp on the game...explain this to me.
roflcopter wrote: acting protown and being protown are different things.
What did Des do in those first pages that was acting protown but not being protown?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:56 am

deleted due to reference to on-going game.

I believe that ckd made an honest mistake. He thought that it referred to a game that was over, and as soon as he realized that it was actually referring to a game that was not over he sent me a PM explaining that this post included a reference to an on-going game.

Because I believe that he has made a good-faith effort to play within the rules, and he self-reported his infraction, I am only deleting this post in an effort to minimize the impact upon the game.

~~~Adel
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

vollkan wrote: You're making the ridiculous assumption that two people cannot be voting for the same person unless they both endorse each other's votes.
You keeping your vote on implies you were happy with CKD having the number of votes he did after I voted him. How is that not an "endorsement" of my vote?
Nice strawman. It's absolutely wrong to suggest that I was saying people should have been bluffed into unvoting CKD.
Really? Because it seems like that's exactally what you are saying I should have done.
Need I remind you that I continued voting CKD after the self-vote? My problem is wholly and solely the lack of reasons supplied with your vote.
But you didn't have a problem with that when I voted, and the only thing that changed was the self vote.
Volkan wrote: That should have read L-1, firstly. And, as I have explained previously, what I mean is the continued holding of a gut vote on CKD whilst he is at L-1.
The "holding" of a vote. So, again, you're questioning why I didn't unvote in response to his self vote, why I didn't give in to his self-voting tactic.
And your "reasons" (If I might blaspheme the term) were not at all stronger than mine. I relied on a direct contradiction in CKD's play. You relied on "some weird feelings". There is absolutely not even an equivalence between the two.
Um...this was the reason for why you first voted for CKD:
Volkan wrote:
CKD wrote:CKD wrote:

again, gut...not a case.

Unvote, Vote
: CKD Obv scum.
Which you later tried to claim was a "joke vote", even though you basically kept it on him from then on. The reasons I had for first voting him were much stronger then that, certanly.

You then, in an "Ex post facto" justification for your own vote (which is fine when you do it but not when I do it?), brought up the silly "irregular verbs" thing, which is also much weaker then the case I made against him.

Plus, your whole argument here is complete garbage:
Volkan wrote: Playstyle change (not inherently scummy); 2) Disagreement with CKD's gut; 3) Singling out CKD for poor early game play; 4) Subjectivising disagreement by telling me the vote was just gut and I could either "agree or disagree").
How is a playstyle change not an inherent scumtell? It's not something that only scum do, but I certanly think a change of playstyle increases the chance of a change in alignment, dosn't it?

Saying that my second point was "disagreement with CKD's gut" is a complete misrepresentation of what I said, as I have already explained at least twice. It's that i don't at all
understand
where his gut vote might have been coming from, and that IS a scum tell.

The "poor early game play" thing is a fine reason to vote someone especally in the early point of the game when I voted him, and I never said #4 at all.

Your reasons for voting me are completly bogus, Volkan; for a player who's playstyle is so defined by logical play, the bad logic and blatent misrepresentations in your case against me is really making me doubt you.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Raging Rabbit wrote:Yos is still pushing bad points on des, which is still scummy.
I was never really "pushing points on DES"; I was just trying to get him to explain himself and just answer a couple of simple questions, and for some reason he spent 10 pages fighting me over it before finally giving me some half-decent answers.

I mean, how is me doing that scummy? What possible scum motive would I have for getting into a side argument with someone who everyone else in the game is apparently already convinced is town?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”