Mafia 2301: Angels and Demons (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Phir
Phir
Goon
Phir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2023 9:42 pm

Post by Phir »

Whatever
Phir
Phir
Goon
Phir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2023 9:43 pm

Post by Phir »

No longer wasting my time with you mo. Good luck charging windmills.
Phir
Phir
Goon
Phir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2023 9:44 pm

Post by Phir »

GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2023 9:47 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 774, GrandpaMo wrote: I took a break from the game, reevaluated Phir. I thought maybe I was blindly tunneling them but I just can't find a way where Phir is town here.

There is always one scum in Bianco and Phir by the way.

Like their recent post continues to showcase Phir attitudes and character that continues to not have solid thoughts. Again they are all over the place -- With every rwas they made in that post it is either "Idk" or just not a certain stance on someone.
Just so everyone can see how a fraud you are. You continue to dissent but you never wanna defend yourself.

Idk if this is towny behavior or TSTBS
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2023 10:47 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 728, Doctor Drew wrote:
Just quoting this because I have a question for Bianco, and want them to get the alert.

But what is the brand of Absinthe you are drinking? And is that normally a go to drink for you when playing mafia?

And Gmo, are you drinking tonight?

These are serious game related questions btw.
First of all, I may need to apologize for yesterday, that must've been annoying.

Anyway,
L'Entêté
by Combier.
And kinda, it's just my goto in general if I'm feeling like drinking at home, happen to have some and don't feel like rum
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2023 11:21 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 770, Phir wrote:
In post 682, Meuh wrote:
In post 492, Phir wrote: mega sus a bit on u before
The wording here is pretty intriguing though, I hadn't noticed the word "mega" there
@Phir can you clarify a bit on the read on Greeting prior to this? The wording is odd
Don't remember all that much re early greeting so i'm probably telling tne truth here. Ithink subcon I thas a lot to do with my first greeting game where they were a cop and I fully believed they were scum. So. I earlier said imma be sus on em and I guess I meant personality, now thats just not there.
In post 773, Phir wrote: Actually mega sus might have been an overstatement but I did say a bit so meh. Like this is mostly semantics, basically there was def a point where I couldnt trust greeting but I think I knew I wasnt gonna push greeting maybe?

Idk I just flow here and some people might find flow town scummy. I'm more efficient as flow town tho, even if that means I dont pay much attention to what I used to think. Thats my main feel regarding some folk.
This is sounding genuine to me, altough not taking into consideration oneselves' though progression is an alien concept to me.

It would have helped if you made such statement when the matter first came out instead of all this gnashing of teeth; like there must be a reason why you opted to answer Meuh on this but not me.
I understand you're keeping Meuh on a much greater townstanding, but it's still the same question
Phir
Phir
Goon
Phir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 12:39 am

Post by Phir »

In post 780, biancospino wrote:
In post 770, Phir wrote:
In post 682, Meuh wrote:
In post 492, Phir wrote: mega sus a bit on u before
The wording here is pretty intriguing though, I hadn't noticed the word "mega" there
@Phir can you clarify a bit on the read on Greeting prior to this? The wording is odd
Don't remember all that much re early greeting so i'm probably telling tne truth here. Ithink subcon I thas a lot to do with my first greeting game where they were a cop and I fully believed they were scum. So. I earlier said imma be sus on em and I guess I meant personality, now thats just not there.
In post 773, Phir wrote: Actually mega sus might have been an overstatement but I did say a bit so meh. Like this is mostly semantics, basically there was def a point where I couldnt trust greeting but I think I knew I wasnt gonna push greeting maybe?

Idk I just flow here and some people might find flow town scummy. I'm more efficient as flow town tho, even if that means I dont pay much attention to what I used to think. Thats my main feel regarding some folk.
This is sounding genuine to me, altough not taking into consideration oneselves' though progression is an alien concept to me.

It would have helped if you made such statement when the matter first came out instead of all this gnashing of teeth; like there must be a reason why you opted to answer Meuh on this but not me.
I understand you're keeping Meuh on a much greater townstanding, but it's still the same question
Nah thing is fmpov mo is a pointless distraction and ur piggybacking of that. If ur scum what ur doing is pretty dumb as mo isnt in a place of power and you sheeping them is a weird strat. One of the reasons im considering you with csf is u might be desperate at this point. Wheme deflated. So.

I only talked bout greeting cos meuh asked. No idea nor concern bout what u and mo say tbh. Mo's og case still bores me etc.

I'm over mo's distractions and overall your vibe to me remaims scummy. I think right now if csf somehow comes in swinging as town id consider voting u.
Phir
Phir
Goon
Phir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 12:48 am

Post by Phir »

But thanks for saying i sound geniune after i said ur fake i guess. I dont feel u as town but in the dimension where you like are i might owe u that at least
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 12:59 am

Post by mykonian »

Play tricks on such distinguished guests? Oh, come!
I wouldn't dream of taking such a liberty.
But tell me, quick, what can I offer you?
I'm sure you'd like a taste of something, too.

Votecount

Cat Scratch Fever (3): Meuh, Phir, Greeting
Whemestar (1): imaginality
Doctor Drew (1): Whemestar
Phir (1): biancospino
Demona (1): Enchant
GrandpaMo (1): Doctor Drew
Enchant (1): Cat Scratch Fever

not voting (2): demona, GrandpaMo

With 11 alive it's 6 to eliminate.

One week remaining.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 1:57 am

Post by imaginality »

VOTE: Cat Scratch Fever E-2

If there was scum on WhemeStar it's probably this vote switch to Enchant because I don't think scum!Drew would switch to Mo (if Mo was a likely mislim that would've kicked off after the fake PR stuff).

And... eh I guess scum!bianco might see town!Phir as a possible mislim but CSF's vote on Enchant seems the most likely to be scum trying to get a different mislim going after the first one stalled.

The rolefishing seems bad (narrows down who might be doc, also the 'weird or normal roles' question could help scum with faking claims. Specifically I don't think we should say if there are thematic flavour elements in our PMs or not). But it does seem, particularly demona asking about doc, too blatant for scum to feel comfortable doing it.

This is a pretty weird game to try to read, it feels like listening to people talking underwater. I wouldn't be opposed to limming WhemeStar still (I think the flip would be more informative than waiting to get a read from their posts) but I was suspicious of CSF earlier and the switch to Enchant has pinged me again.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 2:28 am

Post by Greeting »

This is a prod dodge, however I have been reading the thread, and I can’t say that the fact that
GrandpaMo
’s behavior was a farce surprised me.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 2:30 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 784, imaginality wrote: VOTE: Cat Scratch Fever E-2

If there was scum on WhemeStar it's probably this vote switch to Enchant because I don't think scum!Drew would switch to Mo (if Mo was a likely mislim that would've kicked off after the fake PR stuff).

And... eh I guess scum!bianco might see town!Phir as a possible mislim but CSF's vote on Enchant seems the most likely to be scum trying to get a different mislim going after the first one stalled.

The rolefishing seems bad (narrows down who might be doc, also the 'weird or normal roles' question could help scum with faking claims. Specifically I don't think we should say if there are thematic flavour elements in our PMs or not). But it does seem, particularly demona asking about doc, too blatant for scum to feel comfortable doing it.

This is a pretty weird game to try to read, it feels like listening to people talking underwater. I wouldn't be opposed to limming WhemeStar still (I think the flip would be more informative than waiting to get a read from their posts) but I was suspicious of CSF earlier and the switch to Enchant has pinged me again.
In post 785, Greeting wrote: This is a prod dodge, however I have been reading the thread, and I can’t say that the fact that
GrandpaMo
’s behavior was a farce surprised me.
you two

pls tell me how phir's behavior is acceptable
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 2:49 am

Post by Meuh »

Spoiler:
In post 760, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 472, demona wrote: both players who were voting biancospino moving to whemestar, a wagon that biancospino is also on, without biancospino doing anything towny in the meantime is a pretty big hmm
I mean I could go back to bianco
And there's gonna be more than one scum anyway!
In post 762, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 629, Enchant wrote:
In post 625, demona wrote:
In post 623, Enchant wrote:
In post 622, demona wrote:
In post 619, Enchant wrote: don't ... on me

would you like to explain why perhaps you are voting me?
yes

sigh please enchant if you're just trolling me because you think it's funny and you know i'll respond we can just not

and if you actually think i'm a scums here or whatever and you're town i'd like to just work through this now because i know we've previously had issues with communication and such as well as your general objection to my playstyle,

so
Nah i am not trolling, my vote is mostly semirandom
But why? I think that's scummy for u
In post 764, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: VOTE: enchant
In post 765, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Does it look like enchant is trying to find scum at any point in this game?
In post 768, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 766, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 765, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Does it look like enchant is trying to find scum at any point in this game?
Poor take imo
Why?
In post 769, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 767, demona wrote:

maybe(?) when asking me if i was a third party, and maybe(???) when saying 'just want to blast the most calm person', like the thought process that might have gone into that and the vote on me, otherwise not really,

but how often is town!enchant outwardly trying to find scum?

i feel like, if there is some aspect of the game to get enchant consistently engaged then enchant becomes pretty sortable in general, but right now, dunno

enchant could be voting me in like a 'unachievable wagon' way that scum sometimes do but also i think enchant just does not like the way i play and often suspects me, so
True about the third party part, but he didn't rly push it

I think enchant does do stuff! Not just randomly push a wagon i feel like no one is interested in

:lol: :lol: CSF somehow gets scummier with every post
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 2:51 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 784, imaginality wrote: VOTE: Cat Scratch Fever E-2

Okay yeah Imaginality can be town, love this post
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 2:52 am

Post by Meuh »

For the record there are several Mo posts I’ve felt the urge to respond to but ultimately doing so wouldn’t actually help us solve the game so I’m not
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 6:17 am

Post by demona »

maybe(?) when asking me if i was a third party, and maybe(???) when saying 'just want to blast the most calm person', like the thought process that might have gone into that and the vote on me, otherwise not really,

i feel like, if there is some aspect of the game to get enchant consistently engaged then enchant becomes pretty sortable in general, but right now, dunno

enchant could be voting me in like a 'unachievable wagon' way that scum sometimes do but also i think enchant just does not like the way i play and often suspects me, so

I think enchant does do stuff! Not just randomly push a wagon i feel like no one is interested in

nono sorry i was certainly not trying to say that enchant doesn't do anything,

rather in my experience sometimes enchant is very proactive and othertimes not as both alignments, but that even when enchant is excited and engaged and such that hasn't presented itself as like, there being alot of outward evidence that enchant is 'trying to find scum' through interaction, ya know?

like even when enchant replaced into that micro blitz and immediately made an omgus push on datisi and was Very Town there wasn't really a noticeable aspect of enchant trying to sort datisi by doing so,

and the one time i can think of that enchant was like actively "trying to find a scums" by doing so enchant was a scums, so

i have found that mechanics and setups and such are one thing that can help get enchant to engage with the game as i believe enchant quite enjoys thinking about them and when enchant replaces into the later stages of a normal game that's something one can immediately interact with enchant about to see if enchant sparks into action but here i dunno,

like if enchant is town i would like enchant (and same goes for whemestar) to find things they are interested in or think are important here and post about them, could be overall patterns could be specific posts specific reads could be the game itself, like anything really, because i do think it would make them both much more sortable, but i don't really know how to encourage that here like you can't really manufacture excitement for the game on someone else's behalf

(side note: i quite like playing with enchant and i think enchant is rather invaluable to the site as a whole, we've just had issues in the past communicating with one another and sorting eachother at various times and i think enchant generally finds my playstyle to be boring/unfun which is fine and i can agree that i am boring - though i do think we view the game of mafia itself similarly in alot of ways as town, like we both work from a position of 'all posts are
possibly
coming from a scums' and then trying to weigh likelihoods from there)
his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 6:34 am

Post by demona »

In post 789, Meuh wrote: For the record there are several Mo posts I’ve felt the urge to respond to but ultimately doing so wouldn’t actually help us solve the game so I’m not

yeah idk i didn't even think the doctor drew vote was a bad vote but i don't really follow how doctor drew moving the game when he is here but not moving the game when he is not here(?) is possibly scum indicative to grandpamo nor do i understand why doctor drew saying 'i both love and hate this game' was town indicative but yeah

demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 6:48 am

Post by demona »

In post 647, GrandpaMo wrote: game's progression rlly moves with me, demona, phir's new spun dialgoue (which i dont wanna include because it is new ) but drew as well.

one scum is in there assuming that scum progresses the game, as when no one speaks game is quiet which makes me think drew is probably just scum here

i guess i don't fully understand the assumption that scum progresses the game here, and i even think it's maybe a little ??? to include doctor drew in the group of those progressing the game beyond maybe the very beginning of the game,

but yeah i guess i am interested in why you were thinking the scums were likely low posters+doctor drew at that time like why you thought a member of the scumteam would be moving the game

and why you found this:
In post 748, Doctor Drew wrote: I both hate and love this game right now.
to be towny,

but the whemestar wagon stuff makes sense to me, though i'd feel better about it if i felt more strongly that whemestar was town

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:41 am

Post by Enchant »

99% of time i am lazy bum
1% of time i am active bum

Either way i have no idea
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 10:16 am

Post by demona »

In post 793, Enchant wrote: 99% of time i am lazy bum
1% of time i am active bum

Either way i have no idea

okay new idea!

assume i am town here (i am!) for a second, and let me be your sword,

so no need for you not to be lazy you can simply have me do the work for you, like i'll complete the quest if you'll be the questgiver just have me do the thing and i'll report back and you can let me know what you make of it and send me on a new quest

how would you go about having me sort the game on your behalf? what interactions should i have, what should i read, what should i look into, what should i analyze, if there are nightkills and i die what is something you might want my opinion on to look back on later in the game, once again anything really

like you don't have to answer all of those questions at once or really even one of those questions just start me on my way and we'll go from there

you can be lazy and still gain the benefits of not and i can learn from the quests as well and maybe we gain insight into your thought process as well

win win win win

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 10:59 am

Post by Enchant »

Thanks for trying to work with me, i appreciate that, but i don't think that will work out. I just don't find in myself laying work on others lol (atleast not that openly but shhh)

You can tell who you suspect though, game is kinda stale at this point, and you voted like 2 ppl and one of them is mod, and second is jester meme.

In case, sitting with vote is not something i personally find strange, i just idk what you think. Maybe you said it somewhere, but consider this main post?
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 11:33 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 787, Meuh wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 760, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 472, demona wrote: both players who were voting biancospino moving to whemestar, a wagon that biancospino is also on, without biancospino doing anything towny in the meantime is a pretty big hmm
I mean I could go back to bianco
And there's gonna be more than one scum anyway!
In post 762, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 629, Enchant wrote:
In post 625, demona wrote:
In post 623, Enchant wrote:
In post 622, demona wrote:
In post 619, Enchant wrote: don't ... on me

would you like to explain why perhaps you are voting me?
yes

sigh please enchant if you're just trolling me because you think it's funny and you know i'll respond we can just not

and if you actually think i'm a scums here or whatever and you're town i'd like to just work through this now because i know we've previously had issues with communication and such as well as your general objection to my playstyle,

so
Nah i am not trolling, my vote is mostly semirandom
But why? I think that's scummy for u
In post 768, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 766, Doctor Drew wrote:
Poor take imo
Why?

:lol: :lol: CSF somehow gets scummier with every post
I like this, could get behind dueling wagons of CSF/Gmo
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 11:47 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

am I the only one willing to vote demona at this point lol
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 797, GrandpaMo wrote: am I the only one willing to vote demona at this point lol
I mean, there will always be a part of me that will want to lol.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by demona »

In post 795, Enchant wrote: Thanks for trying to work with me, i appreciate that, but i don't think that will work out. I just don't find in myself laying work on others lol (atleast not that openly but shhh)

You can tell who you suspect though, game is kinda stale at this point, and you voted like 2 ppl and one of them is mod, and second is jester meme.

In case, sitting with vote is not something i personally find strange, i just idk what you think. Maybe you said it somewhere, but consider this main post?

you're welcome

i generally do not vote unless i want the person i am voting to be eliminated at that time or at least to claim or something like that

like from my perspective it just creates noise in any attempts at wagon analysis and such and it leads to people doing things like following my vote and then saying they did so because they townread me and there's very little i can gain from trying to evaluate that sort of thing, like i obviously voice my opposition to any wagons i am opposed to and will give my thoughts and feelings on others but i generally do not vote for someone and push for others to vote them unless i want them to be eliminated at that time yeah,

but sure, can talk about some of the slots i am currently most worried about

i am worried about doctor drew because it's hard for me to see his thoughts on me coming from town and it never really felt like he was sorting me and it seems like he doesn't really believe in any of his other pushes, and i still feel like there was something weird about how he was seemingly searching for an elimination early on but he kinda went into the background in a way like he couldn't just get someone eliminated so he switched tactics but then grandpamo claimed and the game changed in general so it's hard to evaluate that sort of thing,

i am worried about grandpamo because i find it hard to follow his pushes and i could see potential scum motivation for his play so far and some of the thought processes don't fully check out to me

i worry about you and whemestar mostly due to low/hard to read content, and frozen angel posts felt like maybe she had an agenda like it was kinda a weird angle she was taking but could have been simply a communication thing and never got to ask her about it further, so mostly ignoring that,

i maybe worry that phir may be replicating past town experiences to give the impression that phir is town but this probably doesn't make much sense since phir is playing on an alt and such

i worry about cat scratch fever even though nothing she has posted has stood out as particularly scummy to me just that she hasn't felt towny to me either and she has before, now strengthened by looking back at that game

i think most of my worries about biancospino have gone away, imaginality is maybe in a similar boat to cat scratch fever but i don't have past experience to draw upon to decide whether or not that might mean anything, i think meuh's pretty towny, and greeting maybe pings me in a playstyle way but his comments re: leaving whemestar and ignoring grandpamo during guardian angel claim period felt an awful lot like town!greeting to me

there have been alot of other little things on a post by post level but yeah

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”