Newbie 74 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:46 am

Post by Dmi »

Talitha, that is such BS. You asked for why I think he's scummy. I tell you. You attack me.

You advocate a playing style which leads to mafia winning.

I already stated why I attacked Myopia, but if you want to hold it against me that I am a replacement, you can go ahead and do that.

You don't even defend Myopia's posts, you just say I picked them out. You attack me for no reason.

JDTAY's claim was fine. And it still is.
Talitha wrote:Basically - he's attacked a player who I think is pro-town, and a player who I know is pro-town.
OK Talitha, I'll trust you on that. You can only know that someone is protown at this point by process of elimination if you are mafia. The only way you can know for sure is if you are mafia. You are mafia.
No wonder you attacked JDTAY's claim.

Vote: Talitha
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:47 am

Post by Dmi »

Oh, and I did give a decent reason. Quite many of them, in fact.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:59 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Dmi,
No wonder you attacked JDTAY's claim.
That is just wrong, not right at all. Tally even said:
Talitha wrote:Real doc should definitely claim in this situation, IMO. But I have a feeling that JDTAY is it.
unvote : Locus
I have greater suspicions now. If Myopia ever returns, I'm voting you, Dmi.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:26 am

Post by Dmi »

But she defended Myopia for saying the doc should not claim.
Look who's picking out statements now.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:42 am

Post by Talitha »

What is wrong with defending someone I think is innocent?

and
Dmi wrote:You can only know that someone is protown at this point by process of elimination if you are mafia.
No, I was talking about myself when I said you were attacking someone I know is pro-town. Did you intentionally misunderstand me just so you could spout a crap reason and put a vote on me?
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:45 am

Post by Myopia »

Sorry guys my beach holiday ended up going for longer than I thought. Had a chance before new years to read up until about page 6 but didnt have time to reply. Will read the next two pages and reply this morning (my time).
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:37 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Talitha, you've shown an impressive level of hypocrisy lately. That signals scumminess, as it shows that you don't truly disagree with what you say you disagree with, but are just looking for reasons to attack people.

I'm happy with my vote on Myopia until he posts something, but
strong FOS: Talitha
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:54 pm

Post by Dmi »

*sigh*
Talitha, you said you know someone is protown.
In a game where there was no night yet, there are no means to know whether someone is protown.
EXCEPTION: If you are mafia, you know who is protown and who is not.
Talitha's only way of knowing Myopia is innocent is if Talitha is mafia.

GET IT?

And I see your case has something to do only with me being a replacement. Or me voting for someone whom I think is scummy. I'm sure that's suspicious.

After all, we should all listen to Talitha and barely post whatsoever, like she reminded us of her time in Newbie 52, which coincidentally resulted in a mafia win (with her as mafia, although that is not quite as relevant)
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:02 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Dmi wrote:Look who's picking out statements now.
If this, as I am 99% sure, is directed toward me. . . Why did you say that? I never once disputed your "picking out" of statements.

OK, and now I read your latest post, and ::SMACKS FOREHEAD::.

Did you not just see where Talitha knows that
she herself
is protown (which is definitely something good to know :P ) and that she
thinks
Myopia is protown? A good rule of thumb in these games is to read before firing accusations.

I'd like to read a bit of new content from Myopia when he wakes up and posts, and then I'm pretty convinced for whom I'm voting.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:39 pm

Post by Talitha »

Could you please elaborate on my impressive level of hypocrisy, Locus?

You could say something like this:
"Talitha obviously didn't believe it when she said (X), because she did (X) here."
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:52 pm

Post by Talitha »

I wasn't in Newbie 52, Dmi. And could you please point out WHERE I said that we should barely post?
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:02 pm

Post by Dmi »

Oops. :oops:

I confused that with a game I've been reading. Sorry. I meant Newbie 3.

You guys lynched within 30 posts. Then you urge us to take up this playing style.
Talitha wrote:Locus, I am not interested in the verbose style of mafia that is becoming common in newbie games lately. The first newbie game I played was all over within 3 pages. There is no obligation on me to post screeds of analysis or dissect anyones' posts with clever insights and witty rebuttals. I am here, I am expressing my suspicions, I am posting, I am voting. Give me a break.
This implies we too should have a short day, which, in you experience, resulted in mafia winning the game.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:07 pm

Post by Talitha »

I gave that as an example of how extreme some of the newbie games have got lately, because I was being accused of not posting enough content. If I really advocated a short day don't you think I'd be complaining about how long the day was by now?
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:22 pm

Post by Myopia »

OK. Up to date. First of all, again my apologies. I should definately have posted a short "ohh sorry i will be away longer than i thought" post. It was discourteous of me not to do so.

Secondly, unvote enigma for now.

Thirdly, as for my defence. Its a difficult situation. I think Ive adequately responded to the claims made to date. There really arent any new ones just the same dodgy logic re-packaged. Its funny. In any last minute attempt to save ones self desparation is always going to be treated as suspicous.

Talitha has copped heat for defending me. Subjectively that puts her as likely innocent to me as if she were scum I would be dead. Ill go into that below.

I'm heartened that even if I am hung I think theres another info for the town to win.

To Dmi's posts:

Dmi takes over from jagged. Notably jagged did very little.

Dmi attacks me in post 138. Dmi asks for a roll claim. This I find very questionable. What am I going to claim? If Im town I say town. If Im scum I say town. The only thing to claim is cop and why on earth would I do that without information? Better yet why would you want me to come out as cop when I dont have any information?

Dmi's "substantive" attack is in post 145. I'll be brief.
Dmi wrote:
Myopia wrote:After re-reading the (short) thread to date the scummiest behavior seems to be jdtay in voting for an experienced (and impliedly a skilled analyst) player in talitha. However that was so early that I cant put much weight to it at this point. Half a
FOS jdtay

Otherwise, kieron is going out of his way to make it clear he is a new player which means he might be trying to cultivate that appearance to look less suspicious or, shock horror, he might simply be what he seems.
That's a stupid reason. Anyone can be mafia. Kieron was trying to understand the game better, the point of newbie games. As were you, so you're being hypocritical.

- This is crap and its been done to death before. Ive seen multiple newbie games where experienced players have discussed the application of the "newbie card". Its a valid scum strategy. I didnt even do that. I didnt even attack kieron just pointed out a possible strategy if he was scum. The original post (around post 20) included a healthy dose of sarcasm (for those that missed it read the "shock, horror" part)
Myopia wrote:Hypocritical? Not at all. Im simply posting what are my (admittedly and expressly) initial responses to what is some very limited information.

I think your being overly defensive.
Um, you're the one defending yourself right now. And the responses were hypocritical.

- Interesting that dmi latches on to locus's earlier crititisim of my "hypocrisy". I stated my views and the reasons behind them. There was no bandwagoning simply the eliciting of inormation. I really just dont understand this. Even if I am being hypocritical everything is out on the table - how is that scummy?
Myopia wrote: I think Jdtray is scum because he voted talitha straight out of the blocks and vote for him then im being silly.
Someone has to be first to vote. That's a crappy reason.

This quote is taken so out of context that It makes me suspicious. I was stating my view at the time that jdtay was simply making a joke.
Myopia wrote:Unless I missed something, Jdtay's vote was on talitha (the get the chicks post) rather than me. Seems an uncharacterstic error to me. Isnt a scum more likely to forget who they have voted for (because they dont really care about finding scum unlike a townie)? Might just be because the vote was random but I find this suspicious.
I'd rather stick with analyzing votes and behaviour.

What? I pointed out an error in jtdays posting plain and simple. How on earth is that not behavior? He forgot who he was voting for. I found that suspicious for the reason stated and said so.

Subjectively I thought jdtay was scum at that point. His taunting of locus just after that raised that suspicion further and I posted accordingly.

Note that was all prior to his claim and the claim was dodgy plain and simple. He taunted locus he claimed on 2 votes rather than 3. Its only because theres been no counterclaim that the claim has been 99% verified.
Myopia wrote:We have two votes for jdtay. In him because jdtay's "keep your head down" post to me did not seem to him to be pro-town. Locus because jdtay replied to locus's fos for making jokes with another joke and a vote. Honestly jdtay had to know he had that coming.
Actually, just because someone voted for you does not mean you have to vote for them.

Of course not but thats note the point. This makes me think that dmi only skimmed the thread looking for something incriminating as talitha suggested. Re-read the thread. Jdtay didnt just vote locus he taunted him practically inviting the vote.
Myopia wrote:The claim seems suss. You were in no imminent danger of dying, why the claim. You practically provoked locus's vote and then provoke the people voting for you again by calling them noobs. If your the doctor then your basically asking to be lynched. If your mafia then I can only infer you thought you were going down and are trying to take the real doctor with you.

Dont think I need to use an FOS at this point.
Hypocrisy. You had said you might vote for JDTAY when he was at 2 votes. Then the mafia might have hijacked the voting and lynched him. JDTAY did not provoke Locus's vote. The reasoning that he is mafia and wants to take down the doc with him is plain out stupid. The doc is not worth dying for a mafia. That would hamper the mafia's chances of winning.

The difficulties in jdtays claim have been stated. Its only after the fact that we worked out it was actually true. Again the emotionally loaded hypoctrical complaint. I didnt vote Jdtay. I ASKED HIM TO EXPLAIN HIMSELF!.

I just dont understand the comment about the mafia hijacking the vote. Wasnt I supposed to be the mafia? Look at my behavior. If I was mafia I would have bandwagoned. I did the exact opposite!

The comment that jdtay didnt provoke locus is again wrong. Did you read the thread?

A mafia who was going down might well try and take a doc with them. Again the veracity of jdtays claim was only established afterwards.
Myopia wrote:Im struggling to establish the reasoning behind your claim. If you are the doctor as you claim then your dead tonight anyway and you dont see morning either way. If your a townie trying to keep yourself alive then your a liar and possible exposing the real doctor to danger.

Bottomline you seem like an intelligent player. Based on that assumption I cant see you playing the way you have if you were the real doctor.

Im 90% sure your scum at this point but as I really dont want to be partially responsible for lynching a doctor day 1 of my first game im going to wait to here what the others say first. Needless to say if there is a real doctor out there they should not reveal themselves.
The point of a mafia game is to make your team win, regardless if you die. If there's a real doc, they should definitely come out. Unless you want a mafioso to get away with looking innocent and manipulating the town. Which may just be what you're after.

I admit I struggled mightily with jdtays claim it just didnt make sense. Note this is pre-no counterclaim.

I admit I made an error in initially stating that the real doctor should not come forward. I wanted more information from jdtay first. Funnily enough in all of the crap logic put forward to prove my guilt that is objectively the thing that probably is the most validly suspicious.

Note however that I asked for everyone elses views before proceeding and I did not even vote jdtay despite my suspicions.
Myopia wrote:If there is another real doc why should they come out until every other possibility is exhausted? I thought that if jdtay was mafia then that was exactly what he wanted.

Yeah I pursued jdtay for his claim. Given the inconsistencies in the claim can you blame me?
Because one of the worst possible things is for a mafioso to beviewed as innocent. In another newbie game, I was the cop and the mafioso whom I investigated quickly tried to counterclaim cop and nearly got away with it. JDTAY's claim is consistent to me.

Repeating myself (note how its the same argument again and again) Jdtay's claim is consisent now because there is no counterclaim. Of course its bad for a mafia to be seen as innocent. How does that relate to the price of tea in china? Your anecdote has no relevance at all. What because you were a copy in another game and you turned out to be right your innocent here???

To summarise, this is a bundle of crap rolled into a half-assed argument. Most of it centres around me doubting jdtay for his claim before it was verified. No surprises there I posted as much.

The key thing this (and locus's attacks as well) all missed is my behavior. I havent bandwagoned anyone. I havent pushed for anyones death without a full and frank discussion by everyone. If Im scum who exactly am I trying to frame?

Lastly, not to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything but im kind of surprised Im still alive. Given my longer than stated inactivity Ive probably been given a longer life than I deserve. What that suggests to me is that there has to be a reasonable chance that the people voting for me are scum or I would have been made dead ages ago.

I am town. The upshot of all this is If Im hung then the town knows where to look. Nevertheless lynching me puts us one half of the way to a loss.

Dmi takes over from jagged who lurked since the game started. Dmi wants me to claim when it could only be detrimental. Dmi has skimmed the thread looking for an easy person to hang.

I think we have a scum.

vote dmi

Ill walk to the gallows if thats what it takes provided dmi follows me.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:06 pm

Post by Dmi »

Myopia wrote:Dmi takes over from jagged. Notably jagged did very little.
WTF? What does that have to do with anything?
Dmi wrote:
Myopia wrote:- This is crap and its been done to death before. Ive seen multiple newbie games where experienced players have discussed the application of the "newbie card". Its a valid scum strategy. I didnt even do that. I didnt even attack kieron just pointed out a possible strategy if he was scum. The original post (around post 20) included a healthy dose of sarcasm (for those that missed it read the "shock, horror" part)
Mind explaining how an experienced player would pose as a newbie?
Half assed argument that makes no sense.
Myopia wrote:- Interesting that dmi latches on to locus's earlier crititisim of my "hypocrisy". I stated my views and the reasons behind them. There was no bandwagoning simply the eliciting of inormation. I really just dont understand this. Even if I am being hypocritical everything is out on the table - how is that scummy?
If you bothered to read the thread, you might have noticed that I was a replacement, hence I could not say anything about that at the time.
Myopia wrote: I think Jdtray is scum because he voted talitha straight out of the blocks and vote for him then im being silly.
Someone has to be first to vote. That's a crappy reason.

This quote is taken so out of context that It makes me suspicious. I was stating my view at the time that jdtay was simply making a joke.
So you think JDTAY is scum because he was the first to vote. Someone has to be the first to vote. Your reason is BS.
Myopia wrote:Unless I missed something, Jdtay's vote was on talitha (the get the chicks post) rather than me. Seems an uncharacterstic error to me. Isnt a scum more likely to forget who they have voted for (because they dont really care about finding scum unlike a townie)? Might just be because the vote was random but I find this suspicious.
What? I pointed out an error in jtdays posting plain and simple. How on earth is that not behavior? He forgot who he was voting for. I found that suspicious for the reason stated and said so.

Subjectively I thought jdtay was scum at that point. His taunting of locus just after that raised that suspicion further and I posted accordingly.

Note that was all prior to his claim and the claim was dodgy plain and simple. He taunted locus he claimed on 2 votes rather than 3. Its only because theres been no counterclaim that the claim has been 99% verified.

OK, JDTAY made a mistake. GET OVER IT.
He didn't taunt Locus.
He claimed on two votes because you were about to vote for him. Don't act dumb.
You mention that you believe JDTAY is the doctor. So, did you finish flip flopping yet?
Myopia wrote:We have two votes for jdtay. In him because jdtay's "keep your head down" post to me did not seem to him to be pro-town. Locus because jdtay replied to locus's fos for making jokes with another joke and a vote. Honestly jdtay had to know he had that coming.
Actually, just because someone voted for you does not mean you have to vote for them.

Of course not but thats note the point. This makes me think that dmi only skimmed the thread looking for something incriminating as talitha suggested. Re-read the thread. Jdtay didnt just vote locus he taunted him practically inviting the vote.

JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE VOTED FOR YOU DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO VOTE FOR THEM.
You're obsessed about this "taunting". Hey, you just voted for me, is that taunting? You have a pretty crappy argument.
Myopia wrote:The claim seems suss. You were in no imminent danger of dying, why the claim. You practically provoked locus's vote and then provoke the people voting for you again by calling them noobs. If your the doctor then your basically asking to be lynched. If your mafia then I can only infer you thought you were going down and are trying to take the real doctor with you.

Dont think I need to use an FOS at this point.
Hypocrisy. You had said you might vote for JDTAY when he was at 2 votes. Then the mafia might have hijacked the voting and lynched him. JDTAY did not provoke Locus's vote. The reasoning that he is mafia and wants to take down the doc with him is plain out stupid. The doc is not worth dying for a mafia. That would hamper the mafia's chances of winning.

The difficulties in jdtays claim have been stated. Its only after the fact that we worked out it was actually true. Again the emotionally loaded hypoctrical complaint. I didnt vote Jdtay. I ASKED HIM TO EXPLAIN HIMSELF!.

I just dont understand the comment about the mafia hijacking the vote. Wasnt I supposed to be the mafia? Look at my behavior. If I was mafia I would have bandwagoned. I did the exact opposite!

The comment that jdtay didnt provoke locus is again wrong. Did you read the thread?

A mafia who was going down might well try and take a doc with them. Again the veracity of jdtays claim was only established afterwards.

READ THE THREAD. You said you were gonna vote for him. "If I was mafia"- don't give that crappy argument.
As for the mafia taking down the doc, that is plain DUMB. A mafioso is worth more than a doc, idiot.
Myopia wrote:Im struggling to establish the reasoning behind your claim. If you are the doctor as you claim then your dead tonight anyway and you dont see morning either way. If your a townie trying to keep yourself alive then your a liar and possible exposing the real doctor to danger.

Bottomline you seem like an intelligent player. Based on that assumption I cant see you playing the way you have if you were the real doctor.

Im 90% sure your scum at this point but as I really dont want to be partially responsible for lynching a doctor day 1 of my first game im going to wait to here what the others say first. Needless to say if there is a real doctor out there they should not reveal themselves.
The point of a mafia game is to make your team win, regardless if you die. If there's a real doc, they should definitely come out. Unless you want a mafioso to get away with looking innocent and manipulating the town. Which may just be what you're after.

I admit I struggled mightily with jdtays claim it just didnt make sense. Note this is pre-no counterclaim.

I admit I made an error in initially stating that the real doctor should not come forward. I wanted more information from jdtay first. Funnily enough in all of the crap logic put forward to prove my guilt that is objectively the thing that probably is the most validly suspicious.

Note however that I asked for everyone elses views before proceeding and I did not even vote jdtay despite my suspicions.

Maybe it was a joke? [/sarcasm]
Myopia wrote:To summarise, this is a bundle of crap rolled into a half-assed argument. Most of it centres around me doubting jdtay for his claim before it was verified. No surprises there I posted as much.
That's quite descriptive. It fits your argument, which is a bunch of crap.
Myopia wrote:The key thing this (and locus's attacks as well) all missed is my behavior. I havent bandwagoned anyone. I havent pushed for anyones death without a full and frank discussion by everyone. If Im scum who exactly am I trying to frame?
JDTAY.
Myopia wrote:Dmi takes over from jagged who lurked since the game started. Dmi wants me to claim when it could only be detrimental. Dmi has skimmed the thread looking for an easy person to hang.

I think we have a scum.
I think you have a mental condition. You accuse of me of being scum on the basis of me being a replacement.

IDIOT. You seriously need to work over your Crap Logic.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:27 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'm really appalled at some of the nastiness that is creeping into this game. There really is no need for it. :|
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:50 pm

Post by Myopia »

Bad day at work?
Dmi wrote:
Myopia wrote:Dmi takes over from jagged. Notably jagged did very little.
WTF? What does that have to do with anything?
Dmi wrote:
By itself nothing. Jagged didnt post enough to give any indication whether he was scum. But id say its not uncommon to scum to try and fly under the radar. Its a small thing but Im adding it to the rest.
Myopia wrote:- This is crap and its been done to death before. Ive seen multiple newbie games where experienced players have discussed the application of the "newbie card". Its a valid scum strategy. I didnt even do that. I didnt even attack kieron just pointed out a possible strategy if he was scum. The original post (around post 20) included a healthy dose of sarcasm (for those that missed it read the "shock, horror" part)
Mind explaining how an experienced player would pose as a newbie?
Half assed argument that makes no sense.

*sigh* it would be if that was the argument. the possibility is that a new player might under the guise of asking a whole lot of questions attempt to look like they were posting content. i might have elaborated in that vein if there was an actual attack rather than a simple sarcastic comment.
Myopia wrote:- Interesting that dmi latches on to locus's earlier crititisim of my "hypocrisy". I stated my views and the reasons behind them. There was no bandwagoning simply the eliciting of inormation. I really just dont understand this. Even if I am being hypocritical everything is out on the table - how is that scummy?
If you bothered to read the thread, you might have noticed that I was a replacement, hence I could not say anything about that at the time.

Ive pointed out where youve misread the thread (more of that below). Why this has infuriated you to the point where you feel the need to make the same argument is unclear. Of course you are a replacement. I was making the point that youve chosen to use the same terminology as locus who was the first person to attack me. Its probably time to talk about that but Ill try another post.
So you think JDTAY is scum because he was the first to vote. Someone has to be the first to vote. Your reason is BS.

I didnt say anything of the sort. This is kinda my fault but its pretty obvious that there is a giant IF before that sentance from the context or the "im being silly" part makes no sense. Read the rest of the post.

OK, JDTAY made a mistake. GET OVER IT.
He didn't taunt Locus.
He claimed on two votes because you were about to vote for him. Don't act dumb.
You mention that you believe JDTAY is the doctor. So, did you finish flip flopping yet?

Here we come back to the bit about you (intentionally?) not reading the thread. Jdtay made that mistake before his claim and before verification of that claim. It wasnt a huge deal but added to other things he said it was suspicous.
As for taunting, read post 26 and 40. Maybe its just me but i read the giant NOOB in capital letters as kinda of a taunt - what do you think?
I asked jdtay to explain himself failing which I would vote for him - not exactly an imminent threat was it?
Now read post 105 where I assess jdtay as 95% innocent.

Honestly, out of 8 pages of thread I think jdtay being the doctor is about the sole thing everyone actually agrees on.
Myopia wrote: Of course not but thats note the point. This makes me think that dmi only skimmed the thread looking for something incriminating as talitha suggested. Re-read the thread. Jdtay didnt just vote locus he taunted him practically inviting the vote.

JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE VOTED FOR YOU DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO VOTE FOR THEM.
You're obsessed about this "taunting". Hey, you just voted for me, is that taunting? You have a pretty crappy argument.

see above
Myopia wrote:The key thing this (and locus's attacks as well) all missed is my behavior. I havent bandwagoned anyone. I havent pushed for anyones death without a full and frank discussion by everyone. If Im scum who exactly am I trying to frame?
JDTAY.

Who I never voted for. Who ive stated as 95% innocent.
Myopia wrote:Dmi takes over from jagged who lurked since the game started. Dmi wants me to claim when it could only be detrimental. Dmi has skimmed the thread looking for an easy person to hang.

I think we have a scum.
I think you have a mental condition. You accuse of me of being scum on the basis of me being a replacement.

IDIOT. You seriously need to work over your Crap Logic.
The name calling isnt helping the attractiveness of your arguments any. Note how I can say your logic is crap without calling your mental capacity into question.

Normally as a replacement you would earn from me some slack and gratitute that the game can continue. Now in this case either intentionally or not you put me on 3 votes based on multiple mistakes about what people have said. Great big glaring mistakes. When I point that and conclude your scum you fly into a rage. Cant say youve changed my mind.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:54 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Dmi, I am going to put the third vote on you. You may want to claim before I do this so some scum won't lynch you before giving you a chance to speak.

Once again, please claim. You have been warned.
Show

:

Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:56 pm

Post by Myopia »

To wit, the post that supposedly constituted my impending third vote on jdtay:

Im wary of putting a third vote on though until I see what he has to say.
Im sorry but anyone who treats this as me wanting to lynch jdtay gets a giant WTF.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:51 pm

Post by Dmi »

Myopia wrote:Normally as a replacement you would earn from me some slack and gratitute that the game can continue. Now in this case either intentionally or not you put me on 3 votes based on multiple mistakes about what people have said. Great big glaring mistakes. When I point that and conclude your scum you fly into a rage. Cant say youve changed my mind.
I put on my vote vecause you hadn't responded to my attack. You hadn't posted for 5 days after my attack. I said I'd vote for you if you didn't show up. You didn't. That reason is a pure OMGUS vote that makes no sense, since I warned you.

That was not a mistake, and therefore, you can't "conclude and point out that I'm scum", since there is no threshold.

You said I'm scum because I am a replacement. I'm not even going to reply to this: I'm too disgusted.

inHim, I'm a townie. While I think that Myopia has been acting scummy, I think Talitha's behaviour speaks mafioso to me. Her posts seem too strained to me, as if she's trying to point out how to play the game, but no real contribution or meaning behind the posts.

Confirm Vote: Talitha

And inhim, if you vote for me, I promise not to attack you solely just because you placed a third vote on me, unlike Myopia, whose reasoning seems to consist of that.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:57 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

vote : Dmi

For the sake of gaining information. It's funny, though, because I would have believed you had you claimed cop.
Show

:

Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:11 pm

Post by Dmi »

inHimshallibe wrote:
vote : Dmi

For the sake of gaining information. It's funny, though, because I would have believed you had you claimed cop.
And the real cop would've come out and lynched me, a townie.
And the cop would've been known.

But I see what you mean.
The mafia will usually claim townie, right? You can't verify it.
Myopia
Myopia
Goon
Myopia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:45 pm

Post by Myopia »

Dmi wrote:
Myopia wrote:Normally as a replacement you would earn from me some slack and gratitute that the game can continue. Now in this case either intentionally or not you put me on 3 votes based on multiple mistakes about what people have said. Great big glaring mistakes. When I point that and conclude your scum you fly into a rage. Cant say youve changed my mind.
I put on my vote vecause you hadn't responded to my attack. You hadn't posted for 5 days after my attack. I said I'd vote for you if you didn't show up. You didn't. That reason is a pure OMGUS vote that makes no sense, since I warned you.

- That is true and constitutes an overstatement on my part. You did give me a chance before voting.

That was not a mistake, and therefore, you can't "conclude and point out that I'm scum", since there is no threshold.

- I think your scummy because:

- subjectively jagged seemed to me to be intentionally lurking and you are his replacement;
- you entered the game and strongly pushed the bandwagon on me (which was the best bandwagon going) based on an argument that I think is faulty and (more importantly) factual statements that were innacurate;
- you seem dead set that im scum but yet youve now attacked and voted for talitha (which was probably the second best with her being attacked by inhim and jdtay) when it seemed that noone else was going to jump forward to finish me off (again this is fairly subjective but these are my thought proceeses here, the chances of me and talitha being scum together have got to be fairly low - why would she expose herself to defend me if we were?)

- your statement that i am anti-town when whether i have been hypocritical or not (and I dont think I have) I think my actions have been anything but anti-town.

You said I'm scum because I am a replacement. I'm not even going to reply to this: I'm too disgusted.

- Im sorry but your misstating what Im saying and then dismissing the misstatement. The fact that you keep doing it makes you more suspicious to me.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:30 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Damn it, if you people want to quote people, do it correctly, will you? My head hurts from trying to read all those screwed up quote blocks.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:57 pm

Post by Talitha »

Your posts are kinda hard to follow Myopia - not sure which parts are yours and which parts are quotes. :) You can use the 'preview' button to see what the post will look like.

Still happy with my Dmi vote.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”