Mini 707: Cops and Robbers Mafia (Game Over)

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:05 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Ether wrote:I'm annoyed and kinda disturbed that so many people are so willing to ignore Simpor.

I don't get why people do PBPs, especially in the above manner--the vast majority of that above is something I could have found just as easily by filtering Corporate, and it doesn't even have a nice summary of Crywolf's conclusions at the end. I suppose if it's a comparison she's after, that's nice...but it needn't take more than a few minutes; he only has like eleven posts and they're not that big. I'd still like her to answer the question Patrick originally posed about what games led her to state that "I have always seen scum try to take over the town early to try to win it as early as possible" in her 255.

Hmm. What led you to choose to PBP Corporate and Simpor specifically?

Don't mind q21's Fuzzyvote, especially seeing him popping in just to respond to that without commenting on current events. Having said that, I'm curious what his opinion of Tisp is, considering his stated reason.
I chose simpor and corperate becasue they are the two most scummy in my book, I will have a conclusion post comparing the both of them at the end of simpor's PBPA, which I want to start last night and I'm doing it right now.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:57 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Simpor PBPA (Times in EST)

Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:51 pm: #1; Votes for Mizzy, for her latest posting.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:56 am: #2: Unvotes and says the game is going fast; Says read up is coming.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:25 am: #3; apologizes for not posting; Notices something between Ether and Mizzy;
Simpor wrote:Sorry for not posting, busy week and busy weekend.

Reading through the game I have noticed some things, starting with Mizzy and Ether:

Mizzy:
Major FoS: Green Crayons for asking questions that weren't his responsibility to ask and in doing so indirectly protecting Fuzz, giving Fuzz easy-outs by arguing my attacks on him for him, manipulating what I said, and in the span of 3 sentences, cramming in some of the scummiest play I've seen in ages.

Any more BS from you and I'll be moving my vote.
Threats, don't want to have other people ask questions?
Also when canyon argues against her post, mizzy gets a lot to do at work.. But finds time to post 4-5 posts to other questions. And have continued posting.

Ether:
After voting Mizzy and having some pressure on her, he turns and defends Mizzy:
Dislike q21's vote, regardless of Mizzy's alignment.
Posts a scumlist of three players (not including Mizzy) and then the next post want to have answers from her.
No. I'm not thrilled with Mizzy, but I completely believe that her job is serious business. And she still manages to be more active than half the game. I think the focus should move to someone else for today.
More Mizzy defence.

You also states that your unvote of Mizzy was a mistake, implying that your vote belongs there (at least from my understanding). But Mizzy is not high up on your scumlist.. And if you don't think that Mizzy is scum, then your unvote should be correct?
Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:29 am: #4: Comments on Aceagain and corperate.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:58 pm: #5: Comments on myself, fuzzyman, GC, Mister Loliped-kun, and Tisp. No opinions on any of it.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:58 pm: #6: Rates the players. Finally has some opinions on them.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:37 pm: #7: Responds to Ether; Calls it a responsibility to the town to ask questions.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:09 am: #8:
Simpor wrote: I am more and more thinking about corporate as scum or useless townie.
Useless since most of his post are distractions. He started well but after his fourth or fifth post it went downhill..
And scum, well, should a townie act like this in a game? If he is a townie, then he is removing focus from the scums..
Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:52 am: #9: A post of mumble jumbled quotes that confuse me each time I read it so I’ll quote it.
Simpor wrote:
corporate wrote: i started well? what about all the stuff thats going on up there about you? and you bring me back into this? i think everyone already knows im an ass, captain obvious. what about you?
What is there to comment? No one else have picked up Ethers opinion.
And her reasons where:
Not all questions are pro-town. It is not a responsibility as a townie to vocally seek out power roles.
  • But not asking wolf who started it... that is strange, and such have GC stated:
    While scummish, I don't find it worthy of a vote compared to Mizzy, corp or - if I was to just look at people who were throwing out guesses as to who has power roles - wolf herself.
And I really hate the fear-mongering generalization you put into your defense.
She asked a question in a rude way, I made a rude response. Simple as that.
And pretty much all Ped's done is agree with me, and I'm tied for highest on your list. So yeah.
Ok, I have you high up on my scum list, so you are voting for me...
corporate wrote: polly want a cracker?
That was a very helpful comment...
I think I finally understand it, but I’m not quite sure.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:55 am: #10; Quotes mizzy about criminilzing people who have points against him and Simpor asks where he’s done that.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:37 am: #11: This is his last post, which puts him in earning of a prod.
Simpor wrote:This is the only thing in the case then:
Do you believe that Ether has a power role? And by the way, Ether did ask you who you suspected in post 65 and we are now up in 135. Do you have any suspicions now?
And this is her answer
I think Ether’s trying to get complete control of the town, and I’m not about ready to just hand it over, which makes me pretty suspicious.
No one else was making a comment against her post so I asked wolf to see what kind of reaction I would get, she pretty much ignored my question and I didn't ask again.

The biggest difference that I saw between Coperate and Simpor was the amount of posts, and the usefulness of the posts. Where Coperate has posted more, I counted one post that had any actual use, where there are a couple posts (that could’ve been condensed into a single post) that hold some content. IMO neither of them have helped all that much, not as much as one should be. I am happy with my vote on Coperate mostly because of his refusal to comply with a lot of things, like telling us our thoughts. His posts have slightly increased on the helpful side, but I have yet to see him really cooperate. And for his claims, I don’t buy either of them, and I don’t like how he jumped from one to the other.

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:40 am

Post by Patrick »

Much as I approve of pressure on Simpor, your suspicion of him seems to come out of nowhere. I've always been getting the impression you've been reading him as neutral at worst, and I don't think you've really made any points against him. What made him your second best suspect?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I agree pretty much 100% of Patrick's post 249. The only real stance I can't really get behind is his/Ether's/(apparently now) crywolf's suspicion of Simpor... I just don't see it, at least not as glaring as other players. Also, I would put crywolf as more suspicious of corporate at this point, since I'm pretty sure corporate is just a bad player - which doesn't excuse his actions, but doesn't necessarily make me want to lynch him.

Basically I'm just checking in to show that I'm still here/keeping up with the game/to voice my (quite nebulous) thoughts. I'll post something more worthy of note the next go around. I'm sure it'll deal with why I want to lynch crywolf.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:03 am

Post by charter »

Vote Count:

Fuzzyman - 2 (Mizzy, q21)
Simpor - 2 (Ether, Patrick)
corporate - 3 (Tisp, Fuzzyman, crywolf20084)

Not Voting: (5)

Mister Lolipedo-kun
Simpor
Green Crayons
corporate

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Patrick »

I agree with you about crywolf over corporate at this point.

Fuzzyman, my comment on you was an implied question. Why did you vote Mizzy for not countering GC's points when she had said less than 2 days before that she was short of time and would have to do it bit by bit?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:17 am

Post by q21 »

Fuzzyman wrote:Have I not, already? Either way, what I meant was that corporate is trying to get away with voting without a reason, and then backpedalled. Also, he pretty much made a statement that he was going to ignore the latter accusation.
No you haven't really. When you voted it was unclear whether you thought Corp was scum or useless/disruptive town. Everything you have said to him since makes sense from both of those perspectives. Therefore I want you to clarify which you believe - something even this post doesn't really. Even an "I don't know" is an answer, not a definite or positive one, but an answer.

Also, you quick response to my vote makes me think you are keeping tabs on the thread... so what are your current thoughts.
Ether wrote:Don't mind q21's Fuzzyvote, especially seeing him popping in just to respond to that without commenting on current events. Having said that, I'm curious what his opinion of Tisp is, considering his stated reason.
I assume you're talking about my opinion to Tisp here, not Fuzzy's.
Tisp wrote: corporate: I don't know if it is his lack of punctuation or just the way he gets his ideas across; but I find them very anti-town. His potential double-standard could be attributed to being a new player but I don't like his "town" strategy. The point of being town is working with the rest of us in order to root out the bad guys. His actions seem to counter this.
This paragraph is in the post just before Tisps vote on Corp. The impression I get from this is that Tisp feels corp is being intentionally anti-town as opposed to Fuzzy where I'm have no clue which side of that fence he sits. If I am reading your view on corp wrong, Tisp, please correct me.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Mister L kun
Mister L kun
Townie
Mister L kun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:33 am

Post by Mister L kun »

Sorry I haven't check in past few days, life's gotten busy with finals next week. Will check back and post thoughts later today or tomorrow.
Art for wisdom
Science for joy
Politics for beauty
And a Hippo for hope.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:37 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Patrick wrote:Much as I approve of pressure on Simpor, your suspicion of him seems to come out of nowhere. I've always been getting the impression you've been reading him as neutral at worst, and I don't think you've really made any points against him. What made him your second best suspect?
At first he was neutral because he had so few posts, but now with 10+ posts, and the usual expanse between the posts, I have a feeling with his supposed limited experience that he doesn't know how to play town.

Thus he's earned spot number two behind my very content post on coperate.

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

@Patrick: Because she had failed to begin on any of those bits. In retrospect, though, it could be seen as action a bit too quick on my side.

My corporate vote is based first and foremost on his denial to give us reasons for his old Ether vote, and then his unvote. Also, he is willing to sacrifice town accuracy to make the game more enjoyable for himself. He believes that it is wrong for townies to look at the meta, but OK for scum to lie about external circumstances. He defends himself with FOS's that he
never
placed. Corp is not only anti-town. He is scum.

On Simpor, though, I have to admit that I don't really have much of a feeling. His posts, as crywolf noted, have been few and far between up to this point, and he's never really seemed like a town role model or anything. However, I'm really not liking the role-hunting and lack of any real attacks on anybody. In the end, though, not even close to the amount of scuminess corp has excreted.

Also, does anybody know how to isolate a given user's posts?
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

Never mind about the last paragraph of the above post. I figured it out.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by charter »

Simpor has been prodded.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:39 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Checking in, just got home. Will try and post tomorrow but if not, then Monday.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Simpor
Simpor
Goon
Simpor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:04 am

Post by Simpor »

Got a prod, busy weekend. Will try to make a better post later today or tomorrow.
Hmmmm
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:49 am

Post by q21 »

@crywolf

In you post 276 you claim to have come to some understanding of Simpor's 9th post, but you never say what that understanding is. Could you please post what that understanding was, else it looks like that part of you post is simply there to add volume.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:28 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

q21 wrote:@crywolf

In you post 276 you claim to have come to some understanding of Simpor's 9th post, but you never say what that understanding is. Could you please post what that understanding was, else it looks like that part of you post is simply there to add volume.
Simpor wrote:
corporate wrote: i started well? what about all the stuff thats going on up there about you? and you bring me back into this? i think everyone already knows im an ass, captain obvious. what about you?
What is there to comment? No one else have picked up Ethers opinion.
And her reasons where:
Not all questions are pro-town. It is not a responsibility as a townie to vocally seek out power roles.
I believe this quote is from Ether.
Simpor wrote:
  • But not asking wolf who started it... that is strange, and such have GC stated:
    While scummish, I don't find it worthy of a vote compared to Mizzy, corp or - if I was to just look at people who were throwing out guesses as to who has power roles - wolf herself.
This quote is from GC, I know that one for a fact.
Simpor wrote:
And I really hate the fear-mongering generalization you put into your defense.
She asked a question in a rude way, I made a rude response. Simple as that.
..I really don't know this one.
Simpor wrote:
And pretty much all Ped's done is agree with me, and I'm tied for highest on your list. So yeah.
Ok, I have you high up on my scum list, so you are voting for me...
Or this one, for that matter.
Simpor wrote:
corporate wrote: polly want a cracker?
That was a very helpful comment...
As for what he was trying to say, I think he was trying to get his way out of a bit of rolefishing, because he asked me if I was rolefishing, which i was not.

Hope that helped.

@Simpor: Please I would love for you to clairify if I'm worng, and maybe explain why you were using these quotes?

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:19 am

Post by q21 »

A note: I start a new job tomorrow and I won't be staying at home during the week so I have no clue how much access I'll have. So if you don't hear from me until Friday, that's why.

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Ether »

I understood Simpor's ninth post perfectly. It's scummy.

Crywolf: you have accepted that I am a pro-town towngoer who glows radiantly with towniness and has only the best interests of the town at heart (y/n). We'll go forward from there.

In the meantime, though...Crywolf's not really especially high on my List. My top two are Simpor and Tisp, who have both been lurking, so I don't actually have updates there. Looking forward to post-Thanksgiving stuff.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

Ether, where is corporate on your scumminess list?
Tisp
Tisp
Townie
Tisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by Tisp »

This paragraph is in the post just before Tisps vote on Corp. The impression I get from this is that Tisp feels corp is being intentionally anti-town as opposed to Fuzzy where I'm have no clue which side of that fence he sits. If I am reading your view on corp wrong, Tisp, please correct me.

That is my view on corp.

Ether, I have nothing to add to the arguements. I've made my points about where my vote is. Just because I'm not ready to jump on your very weak Simpor boat, doesn't mean Im lurking. I can make a post everyday saying "I'm here, im here". I post when I have something to add or point out something useful.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by Ether »

I find myself blanking out Corporate's own actions...I really distrust his wagon, though, and I think he's probably town thanks to that. Meh.
Post 114, Tisp wrote:crywolf20084 - Aceagain - Simpor =
Potential Lurk / Inactive

MOST
You're voting someone who you've stated you find more anti-town than scummy, and have not been looking people you actually find scummy. What is this definition of "lurk" that you do not qualify for?
Post 258, Tisp wrote:As of right now however; I don't believe it is right to make a case against Ether when corp, simpor and crywolf are acting far worse.
And I really don't like how you keep downplaying "far worse."
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Simpor
Simpor
Goon
Simpor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:01 pm

Post by Simpor »

crywolf:
I believe that your quotes are from my post 8.

Please read the whole post again, I wrote that it was Ehter reasons which I answered.
So it's natural to include the reasons as quotes??
Sorry but I don't understand your question..
Hmmmm
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:00 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Simpor it helps if you do this:

Code: Select all

[quote="Name of the Writer]blahblahblah[/quote]

Its the lack of names with several different people your quoting, or at least that's how it seems.

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:01 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

>< I screwed that up.

Code: Select all

[quote="Name"]blah[/quote]

Simpor
Simpor
Goon
Simpor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Simpor »

I usually does that, in this case did I write in the line above the quote instead... well well
Hmmmm

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”