Newbie 74 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:02 am

Post by Talitha »

Ooh. 10th January. Just noticed that.
I say if anyone else is going to be away, maybe we can put the game on hold for a week or so. If everyone else is around and active, a replacement would be good.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:38 am

Post by Dmi »

JDTAY's claim was consistent. There is no proof that it is not.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:43 am

Post by mathcam »

Looking for a replacement for Kieron...

Cam
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:45 am

Post by JDTAY »

Grr, we're taking so long that we've needed two replacements. Like I said before, we'll have much more information to work with tomorrow, the best strategy is to just hurry up and lynch someone before the game is abandoned, preferably Tally.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:09 am

Post by mathcam »

The game is not being abandoned. Keiron is being replaced by KingEnigma immediately.

Cam
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:03 am

Post by KingEnigma »

I believe once youve forced someone to roleclaim, we have a half lynch already. We get the info that we need from someone and by lynching them we confirm that they either lied or told the truth. This logic leads me to believe we've already got a half-lynch on JDTAY just from the claim. Granted, I am not willing to put on the second half. The scum will do that for us. So for now I'm going to treat JDTAY like an innocent in every aspect. Still dont find his vote on Talitha particularly convincing, but hey.

I'll post more when Ive had a chance to go back over the thread ( I went over it once when I thought I was going to be Jagged Crags, now I gotta do it again. No I did not get 2 roles, just after I didnt replace I just discarded all the info I read before....yeah)
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:20 pm

Post by Talitha »

Thanks for replacing King E. I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:40 pm

Post by mathcam »

mathcam wrote:
Official Vote Count:

Myopia (2, Locus, KingEnigma)
Tally (1, JD)
inHim (1, Tally)
keiron (1, Myopia)
Locus (1, inHim)

Not Voting: Dmi

Cam
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:04 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Waiting to hear from KingEnigma.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:57 am

Post by Dmi »

I've attacked Myopia 5 days ago. No response.
He's lurking. He's got something to hide.

Vote:Myopia
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:57 am

Post by KingEnigma »

Talitha wrote:Well at this point I guess I feel the same way kieron. Which basically means I'd be happy to lynch anyone except myself, JD, or Myopia.
I couldnt find why you find Myopia innocent....any answers on that?

Unfortunately the person I found the most suspicious is JDTAY but there is nothing there.

A lot of people are trying their hardest to not be seen together. Strange aint it?
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:40 am

Post by Talitha »

King E: It was mainly that I was getting more of a townie vibe from Myopia than from anyone else. And I felt that the charges against him were trumped up. I could be completely wrong, but I have to go with my gut on day 1.
I also said:
I wrote:I don't believe a mafioso would've acted the way Myopia acted when faced with a doc claim.
And:
I wrote:Not taking people at face value is a logical thing when you know that 1/3 of the other players are scum. Looks pretty townie-ish to me.
And (a more minor reason) I get annoyed when the person who is posting the most content gets jumped on, when if they hadn't posted so much they might not have been voted for. It's not something I want to be part of, for meta-game reasons.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:21 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Talitha wrote:And (a more minor reason) I get annoyed when the person who is posting the most content gets jumped on, when if they hadn't posted so much they might not have been voted for. It's not something I want to be part of, for meta-game reasons.
On that note,
you've
posted surprisingly little content, especially from a supposedly experienced player. You've attacked inHim for lurking, me for ... ??? FILE NOT FOUND ERROR and defended Myopia because you saw that ... ??? FILE NOT FOUND ERROR. If newbies are supposed to be learning from your wisdom, you should really consider putting some of your wisdom in the thread, you know?
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:27 am

Post by Dmi »

Locus, I agree. My gut is telling me Talitha is mafia and her behaviour seems more like trying to evade suspicion.
I'm beginning to think that Myopia may not be guilty and Talitha is trying to associate herself with Myopia.

However, I still find Myopia more suspicious since he posts a lot, I accuse him, and now he disappears. That would even satisfy Talitha's logic.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Talitha »

Locus, I am not interested in the verbose style of mafia that is becoming common in newbie games lately. The first newbie game I played was all over within 3 pages. There is no obligation on me to post screeds of analysis or dissect anyones' posts with clever insights and witty rebuttals. I am here, I am expressing my suspicions, I am posting, I am voting. Give me a break.

It is NOT the purpose of newbie games for experienced players to impart their amazing scum-catching wisdom to all, and dazzle everyone with amazing logic.

I have stated *twice* now why I don't think Myopia is scum. I'm not going to repeat myself a 3rd time.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:33 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

DMI does bring up a good point that when Myopia was attacked and suspicious that he disappeared. I think we should give him anoter day or so and see if he has anything new to add, and if not move on to day 2 with a lynch.

This way the cop gets a chance to find us some scum! Woo Boy.

(Note: I am not lynch happy, we are 7 days in, and we've probably got as much info as we can on day 1)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:44 pm

Post by Talitha »

He also posted that he was going away for 4 days. And earlier he posted that he can only post from work. It's holidays, people. Bad reason to lynch someone.

And what if Myopia is the cop? Won't be getting any info then, will we.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:47 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

Sure, it was 10 days ago that he said he would be back in 4 days. Holidays are officially over and tomorrow is a work day for most people, hence giving him another day or so to add to the game, otherwise we could ask for another replacement or just move on.

Just voicing opinion.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:11 pm

Post by Dmi »

Talitha wrote:Locus, I am not interested in the verbose style of mafia that is becoming common in newbie games lately. The first newbie game I played was all over within 3 pages. There is no obligation on me to post screeds of analysis or dissect anyones' posts with clever insights and witty rebuttals. I am here, I am expressing my suspicions, I am posting, I am voting. Give me a break.
You know, I looked up that game you were talking about. Apparently you won as part of the mafia in Newbie 3. Now you're advocating the same concepts that led to the town losing in that situation.
I'd vote for you if I wasn't waiting for Myopia.
You and the town apparently have different goals.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:28 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I'd also like to hear from Myopia upon his return. I found a couple of stand-outs, though, in the meantime.

Something about KingEnigma's Posts 165 & 167 is suspicious to me. I think first off that
(Note: I am not lynch happy, we are 7 days in, and we've probably got as much info as we can on day 1)
seems like a defense against an unvoiced attack, and then
Just voicing opinion.
isn't really necessary. Besides concrete results, I'd say just about all posts are of one's opinion, especially on Day One.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:31 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

Point one is, when I came out with that post I thought I was being a little bloodthirsty, didnt want to come out that way, so I was making a sidenote to say that I would like the game to move forward not just lynch someone.

second...I put a space between my first paragraph and second paragraph to signify me addressing both points that talitha had brought up. Nothing more.

uhhh....yeah.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:46 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Hmmm. . . if that's the case, I still don't consider "Just voicing opinion." much of a response to Talitha's statement (which I took to be rhetorical :) ) anyways.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:52 pm

Post by Talitha »

Dmi wrote:You know, I looked up that game you were talking about. Apparently you won as part of the mafia in Newbie 3. Now you're advocating the same concepts that led to the town losing in that situation.
I'd vote for you if I wasn't waiting for Myopia.
You and the town apparently have different goals.
I am not advocating anything. I am simply saying that I play mafia for fun, not to practise my essay writing skills. My participation in this game has been quite adequate.

unvote: InHim, vote Dmi

- Joins the game and attacks the player with the biggest bandwagon
- Asks for a roleclaim
- Gives no reason at all except "seems scummy to me" - until requested twice for a reason
- Then goes through Myopia's posts looking for anything that he can disagree with, and calls it hypocritical or stupid.
- Harps on about Myopia not accepting the doc claim, when it was a reasonable thing to do
at the time

Basically - he's attacked a player who I think is pro-town, and a player who I know is pro-town.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:28 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Talitha wrote: - Gives no reason at all except "seems scummy to me" - until requested twice for a reason.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol:

*snicker* *chuckle* *snort*

:lol: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Ah, you crack me up, Talitha.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
[/size]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:46 am

Post by Talitha »

Locus, you're really starting to annoy me.
You don't think he needs to give a decent reason when he states his intent to put a 3rd vote on someone?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”