TM 2023 | Super Mario Bros Mafia | Game Over!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:02 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 1188, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 1185, Jingle wrote: Cerb is softing that he has a conditional result, thus would like time to figure out what it means. A role that should get a result but didn't would make sense in that context.
Yep.

My investigative is a vanilla cop, and it returned that Adorable *wasn't* vanilla, which meant it didn't clear her for probtown(since it's unlikely a goon exists here with the starting numbers.)

Since Adorable went ahead and claimed, however, if she's telling the truth there's no longer any value in concealing the result.
Why did you use the vanilla cop on me when I softed pr on page 11?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:10 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1199, petapan wrote:
In post 1197, Radical Rat wrote: Your flavor is generic AND a vanilla role, which are usually interchangeable. It makes absolutely no sense to be suspicious if someone matches your vanilla claim unless it's an actual unique character, which neither Toad nor Goomba are.

It also makes no sense to assume scum would be informed about all of the possible flavors that exist, and the thing with Townies cross confirming each other only actually works once, and even then it's contingent on what the distribution actually is.

Maybe if the claim happened D2 instead of D1 an argument could be made for a role and/or flavor cop... but with all of the information we had, Porkens claim should have AT LEAST given you pause, if not 100% cleared him.
no, because the idea that VTs could confirm each other by their flavor
would be horrifically bad game design

i'm done talking to you, you clearly have no clue what you're talking about
If indeed you are Town, then that "horrifically bad game design" is the world we're living in, so take it up with the mod instead of just immediately resorting to insulting me.

In the more likely world where you're scum though... we don't actually have any evidence suggesting that kind of confirmation is possible yet, so this argument just doesn't matter.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1200, Adorable wrote:
In post 1188, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 1185, Jingle wrote: Cerb is softing that he has a conditional result, thus would like time to figure out what it means. A role that should get a result but didn't would make sense in that context.
Yep.

My investigative is a vanilla cop, and it returned that Adorable *wasn't* vanilla, which meant it didn't clear her for probtown(since it's unlikely a goon exists here with the starting numbers.)

Since Adorable went ahead and claimed, however, if she's telling the truth there's no longer any value in concealing the result.
Why did you use the vanilla cop on me when I softed pr on page 11?
Because I didn't think you could be so incompetent as to make that soft as town, especially with people like GiF advising you, and figured the only way you were town was if you were a VT making a gambit to draw the NK. Since you looked to be a likely lim for today, I figured I could hedge my bets and if you were vanilla that would prevent the mislim, and if you weren't we'd likely have scum - but I did want some wagon data to happen before I made that stance of mine clear.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by Adorable »

@SirCakez Can the tanuki suit power up be used with regular action?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1203, Adorable wrote: @SirCakez Can the tanuki suit power up be used with regular action?
I already asked via PM and it can.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Not having that knowledge at daystart is why I didn't immediately jump on the powerup like I did later

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1201, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1197, Radical Rat wrote: Your flavor is generic AND a vanilla role, which are usually interchangeable. It makes absolutely no sense to be suspicious if someone matches your vanilla claim unless it's an actual unique character, which neither Toad nor Goomba are.

It also makes no sense to assume scum would be informed about all of the possible flavors that exist, and the thing with Townies cross confirming each other only actually works once, and even then it's contingent on what the distribution actually is.

Maybe if the claim happened D2 instead of D1 an argument could be made for a role and/or flavor cop... but with all of the information we had, Porkens claim should have AT LEAST given you pause, if not 100% cleared him.

If indeed you are Town, then that "horrifically bad game design" is the world we're living in, so take it up with the mod instead of just immediately resorting to insulting me.

In the more likely world where you're scum though... we don't actually have any evidence suggesting that kind of confirmation is possible yet, so this argument just doesn't matter.
As an amendment, I did forget Jingle's also claimed Toad, so unless you're both scum together (unlikely imo), we are indeed in a world where what you're calling horrifically bad game design is just a fact. Reconcile that however you must.

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by Fate »

Hmm setup is nearing breakable

RR conftown, or at least half

Decent enough power up
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by Fate »

Oretty sure I know the flavor of the scumteam atm
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1206, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1201, Radical Rat wrote:

As an amendment, I did forget Jingle's also claimed Toad, so unless you're both scum together (unlikely imo), we are indeed in a world where what you're calling horrifically bad game design is just a fact. Reconcile that however you must.
i'm not treating the claims as self-confirming

i said the mod pulled a prank by having VTs have the same flavor. my default assumption is one character, one role. i tried to outguess the mod and lost, egg is on my face
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by petapan »

here's a followup question: if all the VTs in the game have the same flavor (which seems likely?), do you think the mod would make the scumteam unaware of this fact?
free crypto
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:20 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1210, petapan wrote: here's a followup question: if all the VTs in the game have the same flavor (which seems likely?), do you think the mod would make the scumteam unaware of this fact?
In this particular game, yes.

I do not believe the mod would make the scumteam EXCLUSIVELY aware of this fact. In most games, if there's a generic VT flavor, that's public knowledge. I have never seen a game where ONLY the scumteam knows what the VT flavor is, and especially in this case where the VT flavor contradicts the public example, it would be kinda shitty to inform scum of this, but Town has to either mislim someone or have multiple VTs out themselves to figure it out.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:23 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I am somewhat cooling down on you though, because I can see where you're coming from in thinking it was unique given that contradiction.

I am still NOT happy about that, because I know at the very least I'd have moved if you or Jingle had said something in time, but it isn't the hard scumclaim I initially saw it as.

HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:24 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 1211, Radical Rat wrote: but Town has to either mislim someone or have multiple VTs out themselves to figure it out.
Considering Porkens flipped Toad and now peta and (presumably) Jingle have claimed Toad... It seems that every VT actually literally is a Toad.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:25 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1213, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 1211, Radical Rat wrote: but Town has to either mislim someone or have multiple VTs out themselves to figure it out.
Considering Porkens flipped Toad and now peta and (presumably) Jingle have claimed Toad... It seems that every VT actually literally is a Toad.
That is how things are looking, yes.

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by Jingle »

Yes, I claimed Todd.

HPE why haven’t you claimed?
This is a Parachute.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 1215, Jingle wrote:
Yes, I claimed Todd.

HPE why haven’t you claimed?
Was busy with something the past couple hours and also a D2 massclaim like that just kinda fried my brain. But yeah, no point in not at this point.

This one is Princess Daisy the ex-Universal Backup, now Even Night Tracker. It's why this one wants the suit, so it can track in peace tonight.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:42 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1211, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1210, petapan wrote: here's a followup question: if all the VTs in the game have the same flavor (which seems likely?), do you think the mod would make the scumteam unaware of this fact?
In this particular game, yes.

I do not believe the mod would make the scumteam EXCLUSIVELY aware of this fact. In most games, if there's a generic VT flavor, that's public knowledge. I have never seen a game where ONLY the scumteam knows what the VT flavor is, and especially in this case where the VT flavor contradicts the public example, it would be kinda shitty to inform scum of this, but Town has to either mislim someone or have multiple VTs out themselves to figure it out.
well i'm going to stand up for the mod here and say you read too much into the example flavor. i don't think it's criminally unfair to create a bit of chaos. a bit mean but it punishes making incorrect assumptions

i made a flawed assumption but that's how mafia goes sometimes, i can live with that fact

the fact is when i saw the claim from porkens, there were logically two possibilities:

A. he's scum who didn't have a safe claim and tried to claim the flavor i have and exists as a virtual counter claim to me

B. the claim is a universal generic one, and therefore NAI because scum would likely know this

u think concluding he
had
to be town from the claim would be a reach. just because i don't think like you doesn't make me scum, to believe that is narcissism.

at that moment in time, it seemed like the best possible play was to vote him out and stop discussion of the claim to avoid people needlessly giving away hints about their role
free crypto
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:43 pm

Post by Jingle »

Missing claims are wgeurtz and fate
This is a Parachute.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:51 pm

Post by Adorable »

GIF has been doing mech solving. I'll have to paraphrase those later since I am busy with chores.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by Adorable »

If we test out my loved passive I will be the 5th vote so that I can unvote afterwards.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by Jingle »

Yes, that should go without saying.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1219, Adorable wrote: GIF has been doing mech solving. I'll have to paraphrase those later since I am busy with chores.
I’d prefer you wait for wgeurts and fate, tbh
This is a Parachute.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1222, Jingle wrote:
In post 1219, Adorable wrote: GIF has been doing mech solving. I'll have to paraphrase those later since I am busy with chores.
I’d prefer you wait for wgeurts and fate, tbh
this

explicitly please do not comment on the claims until everyone has spoken up, doing so now is anti-town
free crypto
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:03 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1208, Fate wrote: Oretty sure I know the flavor of the scumteam atm
In post 18, wgeurts wrote: VOTE: Cerb666
Quote for ping: claim now.