Mini 707: Cops and Robbers Mafia (Game Over)

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:03 am

Post by charter »

Vote Count:

Mizzy - 1 (q21)
Fuzzyman - 1 (Mizzy)
Simpor - 2 (Ether, Patrick)
corporate - 3 (Tisp, Fuzzyman, crywolf20084)

Not Voting: (5)

Mister Lolipedo-kun
Simpor
Green Crayons
corporate

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:04 am

Post by q21 »

Mister Lolipedo-kun wrote:
q21 wrote:
Mister Lolipedo-kun wrote:@Ether: I don't have an opinion on the Simpor vote. I'm not sure about your complaints. I'm not entirely sure that all I've been doing is agreeing with you. My problem with his views on me is that he said that I'm contributing a lot. I haven't said anything for several pages. I'm not sure what you mean by fear-mongering though.

I don't get a scum read on corporate. I think he's just being an ass.
This is a throw away one liner. It looks to me like he just put it in there to give the impression that he's being cooperative.
I'm not sure what you mean. I took a look at the thread and tried to come up with a reasonable opinion on the Simpor vote. Care to explain?
But you didn't come up with a reasonable opinion and I felt the your response (a whole sentence) was attempt to look like you were cooperating. I was highlighting what I felt was a difference in attitude to ether's query between someone I think is probably town (GC) and someone I'm not certain of (you).

Apparently Ether would rather see that than nothing at all, though, so maybe I'm just jumping at shadows.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Patrick »

Why don't you feel that his opinion was reasonable? Wasn't yours kind of similar (no strong feeling)?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Ether »

I am still unamused by Crywolf's disdain for this specific thread. Could've sworn I saw Tisp looking at Little Italy earlier today, too; he's prodbait in a bit more than half a day. (Roughly the time I expect to wake up, basically.)

Fortunately, we can still muster up enough votes to lynch Simpor without those slackers.

(Checking in from home. Thinking a bit more than that, but I'll hold off.)
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

Ether wrote:I am still unamused by Crywolf's disdain for this specific thread.
I don't have disdain, I'm dealing with some issues. Just always check my sig.

And FYI I was re-reading the thread.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

Patrick wrote:crywolf, did you ever explain why you think leading the town is scummy?
I think trying to lead a town is pretty much 85/15 scummy because the scum want to beable to convince the town who is the 'scum' without drawing much or any attention to themself or their partners. I have always seen scum try to take over the town early to try to win it as early as possible.

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I lied. I won't be making any sort of substantive post for a few days. Holidays and whatnot.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Mizzy »

crywolf20084 wrote:I think trying to lead a town is pretty much 85/15 scummy because the scum want to beable to convince the town who is the 'scum' without drawing much or any attention to themself or their partners. I have always seen scum try to take over the town early to try to win it as early as possible.
While these are good points, I still don't see how Ether, or anyone, asking a common question that has been asked by countless players on the forums is leading anyone.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Tisp
Tisp
Townie
Tisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Tisp »

I also believe that trying to lead the town can be a scummy-mood. As of right now however; I don't believe it is right to make a case against Ether when corp, simpor and crywolf are acting far worse.

I'd like to see how the Simpor case evolves but my vote will remain on Corporate for the time being
corporate
corporate
Goon
corporate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:09 am

Post by corporate »

why if youd like to see how the case evolves, why not help it evolve instead of opening yourself the door to switch wagons without doing any work?
on a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Patrick »

crywolf wrote:I think trying to lead a town is pretty much 85/15 scummy because the scum want to beable to convince the town who is the 'scum' without drawing much or any attention to themself or their partners. I have always seen scum try to take over the town early to try to win it as early as possible.
Thing is, protown players have just as much incentive as scum to try and convince the town of their suspicions. Probably moreso actually, since scum can sometimes win by doing very little. I would say leading the town is far
more
likely to draw attention to a player, which seems to be the opposite of what you're saying, unless I'm misunderstanding. Can you link to completed games that made you think scum are more likely to lead the town?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 253, Ether (emphasis added) wrote:I am still unamused by Crywolf's disdain for
this specific thread.
Post 258, Tisp wrote:I'd like to see how the Simpor case evolves but my vote will remain on Corporate for the time being
I agree with Corporate. Keep talking.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 261, Ether wrote:
Post 253, Ether (emphasis added) wrote:I am still unamused by Crywolf's disdain for
this specific thread.
Now I feel bad--I'll wait until afterward to bug you about this same point, 'kay?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Tisp
Tisp
Townie
Tisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Tisp »

Keep talking? I made my case against corporate and untill someone persuades me otherwise, my vote stays there. That is exactly what my post said.

Read less between the lines imo.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Ether »

I can't help but read,
Post 258, Tisp wrote:I'd like to see how the Simpor case evolves but my vote will remain on Corporate for the time being
as,
Post 258, Tisp to English wrote:Checking in. I'll bus Simpor if it's absolutely necessary.
You're not giving us much else to work with here.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Tisp
Tisp
Townie
Tisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by Tisp »

Because I don't feel strongly for Simpor. I don't need to give you much else to work with. Either it needs to develop into something I would want to "bus" on for the first day, or my vote stays on corporate and we probably don't lynch anyone.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 258, Tisp wrote:As of right now however; I don't believe it is right to make a case against Ether when corp, simpor and crywolf are acting far worse.
Post 265, Tisp wrote:Because I don't feel strongly for Simpor.
"Far worse." That implies that you think
something
about what Simpor's done, but you're not even gonna type that.

You do need to give us more to work with, and not just on Simpor and Corporate. You're lurking.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:04 am

Post by q21 »

Patrick wrote:Why don't you feel that his opinion was reasonable? Wasn't yours kind of similar (no strong feeling)?
Just the way he said it seemed offhand like he was trying to look like he was being cooperative, even though he wasn't actually doing anything. True, I didn't have much of an opinion either, but I wouldn't have said anything if she hadn't specifically asked me.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:06 am

Post by q21 »

crywolf20084 wrote:
Patrick wrote:crywolf, did you ever explain why you think leading the town is scummy?
I think trying to lead a town is pretty much 85/15 scummy because the scum want to beable to convince the town who is the 'scum' without drawing much or any attention to themself or their partners. I have always seen scum try to take over the town early to try to win it as early as possible.
Without drawing much attention? Leading the town and not drawing attention are mutually exclusive methods of play.

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:11 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

q21 wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:
Without drawing much attention? Leading the town and not drawing attention are mutually exclusive methods of play.
Much
scummy
attention is what I meant.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:20 am

Post by q21 »

q21 wrote:
Fuzzyman wrote:
unvote:Mizzy, vote:corporate

For the exaxct same reasons as Green. The town shouldn't have to deal with people like you, clogging up the scumfinding process.
The second sentence here looks like you don't actually think he's scum, just an annoying townie. Is this so or am I misinterpreting?
Still no comment from Fuzzy on this. Nothing in his later posts clears this up for me one way or the other.

unvote, Vote Fuzzyman

I find that no obvious commitment to whether he thinks the person he is voting for is scum or not is scummy.

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

Have I not, already? Either way, what I meant was that corporate is trying to get away with voting without a reason, and then backpedalled. Also, he pretty much made a statement that he was going to ignore the latter accusation.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

Corperate PBPA (Times are EST)

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:19 am: 1st post; He replaced in.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:10 pm: 2nd post. Has suspicions but notes no one yet. Says he’s gonna take notes.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:28 pm: 3rd post: Pokes at Mizzy’s LA-ness, asks her to replace.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:44 pm: #4: the odd posting begins to start. Where he places his “FOS on everyone” Specifically mentions mizzy and ether, but says it’s probably because of they’re the most vocal. Skeptical of mizzy’s posting limitation; calls it defensive; and says ether bought it quickly. Thinks GC is the most likely town.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:38 pm : #5: backpedals this is the post because I couldn’t find a way to recap it:
corporate wrote:its not exactly because they are vocal, its because they have been more vocal in less creditable subject matter which makes it hard to interpet since the ball is barley rolling. its not exactly anything specific that rubs me wrong im just observing behaviors. and im not sure how i feel about them yet.

and you, GC, are just as vocal. (congratulations, heres a cookie.) but the reason im least bothered by it is because you come across with more sound reasoning and detail. something i need to refine.

and the using real life as a way to dodge questions. hey, it may be a low, shitty tactic. but the objective is to win, and if i was scum i would use every tool at my disposal. im not trying to be unsportsman like or slanderous, but im not going to assume anyones telling the truth about anything, yet.
Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:01 am:#6: Responds to Ether.
corporate wrote:youre reading my other games? and im a horrible person?
seems taken aback about someone meta-ing him.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:36 pm : #7: Where he gets caught with his FOS on me. Says he thinks meta is scummy. Says we’re digging hard to get anything scummy on him (Ha) Says he’s gonna “Keep his Mafia Experience to [him]self”

Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:38 pm: #8: Practically a double post.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:51 am: #9: Votes for Ether. Says nothing else.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:56 am: #10: Asks if his lack of punctuation is anti-town (No, it’s not but, it’s obnoxious)
corporate wrote:and to those who dont like my vote.

tough cookies.

i vote how i want.
Umm…Kay. Don’t like that.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:49 pm: #11: Plenty of sarcasm to go around in this post. He FOS’s himself
corporate wrote: of course im defensive. i dont wanna be lynched when im innocent. im a little more concerned with someone who would want to lynch someone for "bad punctuation."
Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:19 pm: #12: Says he’s addressed the post about double standerds (I think it was an easy fall back); Is frustrated that people are pushing stretched cases on him. (I have yet to find a stretched case.)

Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:07 pm: #13
corporate wrote:we may as well vote professor plum in the library with the wrench.
That’s all he said.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:26 pm: #14: Says there is no reason to be voting him, Says there is no case.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:40 pm: #15: Still wants to understand the case on him even though it has been told several time.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:00 pm: #16; Post number three asking about the case on him.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:54 pm: #17: Claims that he’s vanilla.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:16 pm: #18:
corporate wrote: and to add insult to injury if mizzy and ether would like to vote for me ill go ahead and put the final nail in my coffin. and get this rollin to N1
Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:32 pm: #19; Agrees with the post above him.
Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:59 pm: #20
corporate wrote:
Ether wrote:I have a really bad feeling about this.

Corporate. Old account name, and reasons why you're on a new one instead. Now. Thank you.
umm... no
Oh so helpful[/sarcasm] I would really like to know his alt name.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:18 pm: #21: Claims again as a n00b town this time.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:48 pm: #22: Another useless post.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:50 pm: #23:
corporate wrote:no, i dont want out. i want to play. the purpose of a game is to have fun. and i am having fun. we can win this, i still dont think im the best vote for d1 though.
Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:31 pm:#24 Quotes Mister Lolipedo-kun who says that he doesn’t have a scum read on corperate; corperate uses it for a sig and then gets yelled at for quoting something that’s from an active game.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:41 am: #25: Says everyone is uptight because we told him it needed to be changed.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:36 pm: #26:
corporate wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:I don't want him to just 'hide.' I wish I could quote the other games he's in, but sadly they are all new games.

Example coming in a moment.
i dont read a game unless im in it. thats just always seemed un ethical to me. i understand alot of people disagree with me, but i feel like if your not in a game. that game is none of your business.
Okay, an actual answer from him.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:01 pm: #27: Clearly says he’s choosing to play like the way he is; says he’s participating and trying to be helpful; doesn’t think making walls-o-text are fun, and doesn’t want to make the game into a chore

(Like my wall of text yet, coperate?? I’m just half way.)

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:12 pm: #28: asks where he said he was a good player. (Let me quote it for you)
corporate wrote:i dont think that just because you dont like how i choose to play that makes it scummy. im participating and trying to be helpful. in the way thats fun for me. over analyzing and putting together a wall of text for everything might seem more helpful. and i do agree very much that it can be convincing. but from previous experience it can take some of the fun out of even playing.

im trying not to turn the game into a chore. its better to lose a game you had fun playing, then to win a game that felt like homework.
Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:26 pm: #29: Another Useless post.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:36 pm: #30: Says his example of demands is a bit extreme

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:51 pm: #31: Unvoted.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:29 pm: #32:
corporate wrote: You call backpedaling? well, i call shenanigans!
Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:48 pm: #33: Contentless post.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:29 pm: #34:
corporate wrote: alright, alright, this might sound crazy, but i got this idea. how about.... we dont kill corporate.

now i know this might sound off coming from me, but i think its a bad idea. i really trust him, i think it would be a waste of a day. especially day1. sure, he is annoying, but he is also harmless. i know this man! its just this feeling i cant seem to shake.

i say there has to be someone better to lynch. we should just keep him around a little while longer.
I find this very useless and he’s trying to get people to diver t attention from him, and failed miserably. It would’ve been easier to pull out another person, and go after them.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:33 am: #35: Contentless not worth noting.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:34 am: #36: “Polly want a Cracker?” What?

Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:02 pm: #37: Thinks that simpor had a useful comment; Explains polly want a cracker statement; says that his four-word post was more useful than 237.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:09 pm: #38:
corporate wrote:why if youd like to see how the case evolves, why not help it evolve instead of opening yourself the door to switch wagons without doing any work?

PBPA on Simpor comming in the next couple of days.

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by Ether »

I'm annoyed and kinda disturbed that so many people are so willing to ignore Simpor.

I don't get why people do PBPs, especially in the above manner--the vast majority of that above is something I could have found just as easily by filtering Corporate, and it doesn't even have a nice summary of Crywolf's conclusions at the end. I suppose if it's a comparison she's after, that's nice...but it needn't take more than a few minutes; he only has like eleven posts and they're not that big. I'd still like her to answer the question Patrick originally posed about what games led her to state that "I have always seen scum try to take over the town early to try to win it as early as possible" in her 255.

Hmm. What led you to choose to PBP Corporate and Simpor specifically?

Don't mind q21's Fuzzyvote, especially seeing him popping in just to respond to that without commenting on current events. Having said that, I'm curious what his opinion of Tisp is, considering his stated reason.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
corporate
corporate
Goon
corporate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:26 pm

Post by corporate »

checking in. thanksgiving is keeping me busy. ill catch up when i can, but i have a pretty full schedule this weekend.
on a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”