Mini 2297 | Conception | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:47 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 1038, Feysal wrote:
In post 983, Abnegation wrote:
In post 969, Abnegation wrote: By the way, who sent me that mysterious flyer?
Feysal, was that you?
You figured out my crumb, did you? I was wondering if anyone was ever going to say anything about them, the Keeper never did.

I suppose it is time to claim then. I'm Propagation. I hand out flyers. I'm basically a fruit vendor with a different flavor. I've given out two, one to the Keeper, the second to you.
In post 1026, Flavor Leaf wrote: I think Feysal's like so obviously Green Scum I almost don't want to believe it.
Then don't, because I'm not. I mean, if you had accused me of being Malediction, that I could have understood, but this?

I wrote the original at a time when he was widely townread. If not for that, Rautherdir would not even have been an option at the end of the day. Yes, he managed to fool me because he was playing to his town meta, making me think we had two rival wagons on town, and I did not like having to hammer him. Look at my post and tell me if that looks like I would know he was about to flip Benediction?
Where was the crumb?
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:53 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

@Feysal, post is actually weird because you are hammering a person you allegedly believe is town, and prior to that you were actively avoiding their wagon at a time when a lot of evodence against them existed. I don't see it as any sort of defense.
What I am more interested in is who do you think is scum here? And what are your thoughts on FlavorLeaf and ActionDan?
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:54 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

I said the last part because the defense feels weird and Feysal isn't scimhunting anymore, it seems.
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:54 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 1046, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1044, IceDragon70 wrote:
In post 959, Hugir wrote: I read the D2 finally and… really all I saw was nigh-unanimous “kawaii obv greenscum kthxbye xoxo”

I’ll have to go back to D1.
Yeah we all f'ed up there.
I disagree, Kawaii was really scummy.
True. But it still sucked to have miselimed them.
Feelin' frosty
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:26 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Always sucks to mislim.

It’s bonkers to expect a perfect town game every game. That’s like playing a fighting game, and saying “it sucks, they hit me with a single combo”

Sometimes the combo is broken, but it’s not the end of the world here imo.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 1050, IceDragon70 wrote: Where was the crumb?
In post 10, Feysal wrote: Scummers of the world unite!
Propagation, propaganda. Came up with that one almost instantly.
In post 1051, IceDragon70 wrote: @Feysal, post is actually weird because you are hammering a person you allegedly believe is town, and prior to that you were actively avoiding their wagon at a time when a lot of evidence against them existed. I don't see it as any sort of defense.
Avoiding it? I it. I left it because I lost confidence in my case after diving into Rautherdir's meta. And what else was I going to do one hour before deadline except hammer like I'd promised?
In post 1051, IceDragon70 wrote: What I am more interested in is who do you think is scum here? And what are your thoughts on FlavorLeaf and ActionDan?
I believe I already made clear that I think Abnegation is Benediction, and her being blocked for two nights is the reason there have been no extra kills.

As for Malediction, I have a hard time buying that Furtive could be scum. He would have needed to choose that action last night, before Aisa died, when Malediction likely would not have known who the last Benediction was any more than the town would. Why double the risk of being nightkilled, or risk becoming lovers with Benediction? Malediction would have needed to be very certain they could correctly execute Benediction today or that Furtive's time was running out, and I don't see either as being necessarily true.

I would have to say my top suspect now for Malediction would be the Keeper. I'd noticed yesterday how silent they had become, how they cast single votes that never led to anything, and how they did not seem to care about being suspected, as if they had a get out of jail free card. I stayed silent, because the Keeper was my best bet for a cop laying low. Why did I think that? It was what BlueSnakelet was going on about on day one. I thought I had figured it out, and the revelation stuff in one of his posts was a crumb. But now, that defense has evaporated.

For the other Malediction, it would have to be one of ActionDan, Flavor Leaf and Hugir. Except for Flavor Leaf, because replacement, I've been town reading both since day one.
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:36 pm

Post by Hugir »

Not Enchant
Not Abnegation
Not Furtive
Not IceDragon
Not FL

I don’t think benediction would have a fruit vendor and checker as power that sounds kinda terribad
Keeper ain’t Benediction unless mod is lying

So man is it really AD-green and Fey/Keeper-red
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by Abnegation »

In post 1038, Feysal wrote:
In post 983, Abnegation wrote:
In post 969, Abnegation wrote: By the way, who sent me that mysterious flyer?
Feysal, was that you?
You figured out my crumb, did you? I was wondering if anyone was ever going to say anything about them, the Keeper never did.

I suppose it is time to claim then. I'm Propagation. I hand out flyers. I'm basically a fruit vendor with a different flavor. I've given out two, one to the Keeper, the second to you.
just flyer vendor? not even any sort of investigative modifier attached to it?
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:39 pm

Post by Abnegation »

In post 1056, Hugir wrote:I don’t think benediction would have a fruit vendor and checker as power that sounds kinda terribad
was just going to say this.
i think fey red is pretty likely.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:39 pm

Post by Hugir »

Either I’ve been bamboozled hard before (both AD and Fey were strong townread D1 for me)
Or I’m being bamboozled hard right now (At least one of AD and Fey are town and I’m being rekt somewhere)

This is not a pleasant feeling
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:29 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1058, Abnegation wrote:
In post 1056, Hugir wrote:I don’t think benediction would have a fruit vendor and checker as power that sounds kinda terribad
I think the roleblock reason isn’t strong enough to have their confidence with it.

It’s a solid possibility, but I’m just getting vibes of them using that as a strong base for a misfade push.
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by Abnegation »

that's what i was thinking.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:38 pm

Post by Abnegation »

In post 1058, Abnegation wrote:
mind you, feysal could be benediction if they're fruit vendor + something else.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:41 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Going over the last few pages.

First, it's quite a leap in logic to go with the "Furtive is scum on a sinking ship that wants to take down a townie with him" mindset; Furtive was not necessarily anyone's first choice of scum, to me he was squarely null and I don't remember anyone aside from Keeper saying otherwise. Secondly the benefit of latching on to Enchant comes with a few pretty offsetting negatives than the free townie erasure. 1) no one had any way of knowing Enchant was a cop and there was no guarentee he wouldn't be a target of erasure. 2) In multiball you're opening yourself up for a juicy double shot. Basically the extra exposure is almost never worth the risk, and that pain would be doubled if your partner dies first somehow.

Second, Abnegation's defense of suggesting the benediction faction doesn't have a standard kill and the evidence they cite to show that don't match up - and while I was looking at Mod's posts and Rauth's post what I think they do match up to and what I'm starting to believe is Ice's theory or something very similar. I'll go over both.

Mod posts: The only time the Mod has mentioned anything about scum in this setup is the general information post 2 and rauth's scum flip. from that we can see that it appears Benediction has 2 members and Factional abilities may or may not be non-standard. That 2nd sentence probably isn't talking about the factional kill. Rather I'm thinking about the message the Keeper got. That probably was a factional ability (because at this point it being unclaimed makes it way less likely a townie did that). Jump to Rauth's quotes:
In post 603, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 601, Abnegation wrote:
In post 599, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 154, The Keeper wrote: Invocation is the means to obtain both Benediction and Malediction. Affiliation with either is yet to be decided, I'd rather neither as the
freedom to invoke both and maintain balance
is crucial.
Bolded is what I'm talking about.
if that’s true, can you guys do invocation a favour and shoot them?
Neither Benediction or Malediction's intent in finding each other is to kill, but something else, though death will be the end result. It's why I wouldn't have claimed benediction unless I was going to die, even as a last resort.
I won't spoil what it is though.
In post 604, Rautherdir wrote: ... At least I assume Malediction has a similar situation as us. I don't actually know for certain!
If Benediction / Malediction aren't trying to kill each other maybe they're trying to out each other, or at least have a factional ability that only very specifically affects / does something to them (which, btw, we haven't seen from green team). This would classify as non-standard surely. Obviously it would be tempting for Abnegation to try to finesse these into fitting in with an altered factional kill but there's evidence directly counter to that as well in that Rauth mentioned as quoted above that Malediction is in a similar situation to Benediction and we know Malediction can kill standardly. There would never have been a need to tell Malediction that green team wasn't specifically "killing" Hell Froze Over (btw where are you guys?). It's quite obvious that message was to encourage Red to take the free kill while green would target whomever they wanted to.

Basically I am not assuaged and still think there's a high possibility Abnegation is green.
In post 982, Abnegation wrote:
In post 979, Flavor Leaf wrote: Hmm, is it possible Scum knew Enchant was Parity Cop?
probably.
Why? FL wants to strongarm Furtive into a red scum slot; what reason do you have to think this?

I've read your posts FL for the last few pages with regard to how you got your reads and its very much reads as VCA ipso facto scum and there's some other problems too.

You're using VCA and not bothering to explore the context of any of the votes. And some of the claims you make about the VCA don't follow.
In post 984, Flavor Leaf wrote: Gonna do some light VCA and see what I find. I might miss some Mech reasons/claims/actions in between, so bare with me

Spoiler:
In post 405, Narration wrote:

Day 1 Count III

Rautherdir (3) - ,
Hell Froze Over
Enchant (2) - ,
Hugir (1) -
IceDragon70 (1) -

Not Voting
- , , BlueSnakelet, GoldfishFromTheMoon, Hugir, KawaiiKame

In post 497, Narration wrote:

Day 1 Count IV

IceDragon70 (
E-1
) - , , , , ,
Hell Froze Over

Rautherdir (1) -
Hugir (1) -

Not Voting
- , BlueSnakelet, GoldfishFromTheMoon, Hugir, KawaiiKame

These wagon shifts are interesting.

Rauth is under fire a bit, not a lot with Feysal and Hell Froze both on it. They both move over to the IceDragon wagon a bit later once it gains steam.

I believe there’s likely Rauth’s partner on IceDrag wagon to help support pressure off of them. It’s not 100%, but it definitely has a high probability.

However, I also think the other scum is on there for sure, at least one. That’s a large wagon in a multiball game on someone we now have reason to believe is much more likely to be town.

That IceDragon wagon is almost exactly where I was leaning had possible scum, from my limited point of view on the game, of course.

This VCA I’m doing is helping me get a bigger grasp on the game. Im gonna keep going.
In post 986, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 606, Narration wrote:

Day 1 Final

Rautherdir (
Hammered
) - , , ,
Hell Froze Over
, , ,
IceDragon70 (2) - ,
Hugir (1) -

Not Voting
- BlueSnakelet, GoldfishFromTheMoon, Hugir

This is neat. This is essentially the IceDragon Wagon, but on Rauth now.

If there’s 4 scum total, 3 scum on Rauth makes a lot of sense here.
I've striped the mech and Furtive bits out. The bolded does not have to be true at all and I would like you to explain why you think it ought to be more true than any other scenario where scum are off wagon without analyzing the contexts of the votes . The Ice wagon formed as did the Rauth wagon, because the active players found them scummy. And they were, and we correctly erased Rauth because he was the scummier of the two.

I agree with you that Rauth's partner would have an incentive to be on Ice dragon (this is why we erased Kawaii because they so cartoonishly voted Ice for incredibly spurious reasons), and in that vote count since it's not me and like, you seem to implicitly agree its not me, that would leave Feysal / Abnegation. Which you've identified. This would be where the usefulness of VCA ends and the place to actually, you know, look at their votes at the time and maybe comment on them but you don't do that.

Nor is that done for your fantasy red team of me / Furtive and the link between VCA and that conclusion is even more tenuous being only that we both voted for Ice Dragon. To me this feels like you just started from OMGUS because I stated that I would have voted for you and that Furtive simply did so and VCA was the best you could do to justify it.

Other issues:

Your Change of heart from Ab #1 green candidate to strong town vibe doesn't feel real in the span of a page.
In post 1003, Flavor Leaf wrote: Checking the night kills, Hell Froze Over died after calling out Feysal a little bit.

Aisa died after they had been Side eyeing Furt and Action a little.

Could indicate a trading pattern with kills too.
This is rewriting history. Aisa was quite obviously fingering Hugir and had a town read on me. I don't remember HFO's opinions ED1 but they were obviously killed because Benediction invited them to do so.

----

As for Feysal; I want to reread them and Hugir sometime when I get a chance (Honestly I need to reread everyone) but Feysal today certainly and to my recollection everyday prior has been town to me and pretty much echoing my own thoughts. The votes on them today are uncritical (including enchant's) and in FL and Abnegation's case likely opportunistic.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:49 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1059, Hugir wrote: Either I’ve been bamboozled hard before (both AD and Fey were strong townread D1 for me)
Or I’m being bamboozled hard right now (At least one of AD and Fey are town and I’m being rekt somewhere)

This is not a pleasant feeling
So like; let's start small. Like real small.

Please look back on D1 and look at the votes for Ice / Rauth. Consider it homework. Tell me what you see
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:55 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I repeat.

Spicyy
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:57 pm

Post by Enchant »

Where our IC
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:58 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I write my posts nowadays in a way to try not to be spicy. Vibes are my enemy and I will slay them.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:19 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Hmm, could have swore I saw some Aisa suspicion on AD, or at least the turning of. I’ll check tomorrow what I thought I saw, but it’s possible I misread on the skin through.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

To be fair, I did say I was going to do it strictly on VCA, and specifically wanted to do it without a lot of the context.

I believe it was a good starting point to get myself into this game.

I’m fully here now. Is it possible I’m dead backwards on some things. Sure, but I also feel like if you were to look from my pov, you could see why.

You brought up VCA and how I’m using it. I mean, sure, it’s not perfect, but generally Occam’s Razor with it is standard.

As someone who’s tried to do imbalanced scum teams before, until something proves the 2v2 untrue, I’m going to at least solve in that regard, because for the most part that is the ‘at least’ in my head. Each group is probably exactly that. Group. Or else it’d just be third party imo. So if it’s more like 2v2 unbalanced, then fine, but working off of 2v2 until 2 scum of one is flipped, doesn’t make a lot of different on scum hunting unless you’re specifically trying to preflip, which I haven’t been doing too much.

If the logic is off somewhere, I’m very willing to consider otherwise, I was kind of just saying whatever thoughts came to my head at face value.

In regards to Feysal/Rauth, idk. Their posts look like distancing to me.

What good would flip flopping on Abnegation that way do me as scum? You think a person can’t immediately flip a read after working things through? They were also directly interacting with me more, so I feel at least a friendly banter easily could warrant it based on how I felt during them and I talking to each other.

I didn’t feel like they were trying to do anything to deceive me at all, and they were even here helping me work things out.

We both landed on Feysal, which I think is common ground and makes sense I could town read them considering we share the same read, at the very least pressuring together is really only beneficial to at least see what happens gamestate wise.

Why wouldn’t it seem real?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:35 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

And it’s your play that appears from my pov to be coming from scum that I find spicyy. I’m not like positive on it by any means, but I think it was definitely worth working into.

It’s very logic based.

Would you say you’re the type of player who as Scum still likes to make sure everything you do has some sort of logic behind it and you generally like to come across as townie when you’re scum?
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:39 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 1057, Abnegation wrote: Just flyer vendor? Not even any sort of investigative modifier attached to it?
Not to my knowledge. The thought did occur to me after the Keeper was confirmed as not Benediction though, the same night I gave them a flyer, that perhaps I had not been told everything about my role. That is part of why I gave you one, to see if anything would happen..
In post 1056, Hugir wrote: Not Abnegation
Why are you ruling Abnegation out?
In post 1064, ActionDan wrote: Please look back on D1 and look at the votes for Ice / Rauth. Consider it homework. Tell me what you see.
I did. And I found one thing I had forgotten.
In post 562, Abnegation wrote: Unfortunately, I don't think that's AI for them. We could try flashwagoning them though if you want to.
This was Abnegation talking about KawaiiKame, six hours before the deadline. I was aware of the risk of no execution, and without this I would not have even tried going after KawaiiKame. It was subtle to be sure, but Abnegation did make this one attempt to steer votes away from Rautherdir and IceDragon.

I also was reminded how she helpfully made vote counts for us, which by itself is non suspicious, but it is something scum can do to appear helpful.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:41 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1036, ActionDan wrote: Hi boonskies!

Nice to see you here! we probably aren't town together this game but I'll be able to properly read your posts tomorrow night

It’s this type of post.

This is a super strong move that comes off super genuine.

It’s a precursor and setup for a 1v1, and reinforces the idea that we’re a TvS pairing, which I don’t think is true by default and that there isn’t a T/T possibility.

This, my friends, is a Mafia master, both alignments.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:53 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I can see worlds where Furt is town here with an AD scum. I’m trying to think if it’s better for scum to shoot there rather than fade, but my mech brain is off right now
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:52 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Flavor Leaf, Keeper, Hugir are my top scum candidates right now.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”