DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:57 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Battle Mage wrote:if you switch your vote, you will join a larger wagon, in Korts. :P
Your enthusiasm for bus'ing is admirable, and commendable. I shall help you. But later. Right now I want the two top contenders head to head.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Adel »

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚
votecount as of post 525

with 13 alive, 7 will lynch before deadline

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

¬curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, Yosarian2, DrippingGoofball, populartajo
Korts:
:Battle Mage, Elmo, destructor, Raging Rabbit
Yosarian2:
:Kison, vollkan
Battle Mage:
:SensFan
DrippingGoofball:
:curiouskarmadog

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:Korts

Day 1's deadline is December 6th at 16:46(UTC)

Countdown timer to deadline
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:32 am

Post by SensFan »

Unvote
, since it was an early vote on BM.

{This post was posted twice. I deleted the second to keep the thread tidy ~ Adel}
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

^shakes head disapprovingly...

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:09 pm

SensFan wrote:
Unvote
And what scares you from voting someone else, scaredy scum? You don't want to leave traces?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by populartajo »

Someone should give this girl an award. Rly.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by destructor »

Hello. I'm going to respond to everything I have to respond to and get those Korts quotes later today.

Also, I definitely approve of this:
DrippingGoofball wrote:STRATEGY FOR TOWNIES:

Now that Korts and CKD are head-to-head, and all the scum except BM is off-wagon, let's not move our votes and check out the scum's moves. They may hesitate because they are picking between two scumbags.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Kison »

Sorry, but I remain unconvinced on curiouskarmadog. I also think Yosarian2's attack against Destructor for his unvote is unconvincing. The self-vote and Guardian kill was pretty hasty and while we were still relatively early in the day. I do not fault him for unvoting. Also, while on that topic I will note that I was in Mafia 69 with curiouskarmadog, where he self voted as town. This means I do not find it scummy for curiouskarmadog.

Battle Mage has been evading Destructor's counter to Battle Mage's claim that he had already explained why he found curiouskarmadog to be Town. Battle Mage, why are you evading?

I also do not find SensFan to be particularly scummy. Lurky, yes. What little content he has provided, I have not had much of an issue with. I disagree with roflcopter having an issue with SensFan not believing in gut town reads, and don't understand how that indicates that SensFan might be scum. However, SensFan needs to contribute more(and I realize he said he indicated he would).

If I was forced to decide between korts and curiouskarmadog right now, I would probably vote for Korts. However, I'll read up on the Korts case(which I have admittedly failed to read into) and give a more vivid response soonish.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by populartajo »

Kison, why dont you like CKD's wagon?
Call me Tajo.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:27 pm

Kison wrote:I'll read up on the Korts case(which I have admittedly failed to read into) and give a more vivid response
soonish
Emphasis mine.

Kison is scum. Mark my words. He's squirming. He's pledging to lurk ahead of time so that we don't jump on him for lurking. How scummy is that?

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Kison »

populartajo wrote:Kison, why dont you like CKD's wagon?
I have answered this question a couple of times already, but the most detailed explanation is probably in post 399. What do you think of it?
DrippingGoofball wrote:Kison is scum. Mark my words. He's squirming. He's pledging to lurk ahead of time so that we don't jump on him for lurking. How scummy is that?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:28 pm

Post by Elmo »

Adel wrote:
a Player wrote:If someone killed someone earlier in the day, and then was targeted by a tracker, would the tracker get a result that they targeted whomever died?
nope
What if some non killing role sent in an action earlier in the day, and then was targeted by a tracker, would the tracker see that they targeted another player?
nope {...}
Guardian wrote:fyi:
Adel wrote:
Guardian wrote:Adel, are the mafia allowed to talk one on one via PM? {...}
-mafia are allowed to talk via quicktopic -- see PM. {...}
I'm sad that Adel didn't answer my questions in the thread like she did with the last ones :(.
The above seems obvious to me; I would strongly suspect that is why he was killed. I would give good odds that he was killed by group scum, and they discussed it in their quicktopic first. Therefore, someone speculating on his death would have to fake the thought process of considering why, and perhaps we can draw tells from that.

We're past page 20. I should totally reread. Right? Do I get a cookie if I reread?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by Kison »

You get catnip.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:39 pm

Post by roflcopter »

SensFan wrote:
Unvote
you are so scum. stop active lurking like right now. if ckd didn't need to be lynched so badly right now you would have my vote in a heartbeat.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:55 am

Elmo wrote:The above seems obvious to me;
Would someone mind explaining this to the slow kid? I don't get it at all.

I'm not surprised that Kisonscum got it right away. Elmo, who henceforth shall be referred to as a 'townie,' must be on the right track, then.

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:19 am

Post by destructor »

Stuff on Korts:
Korts wrote:
destructor wrote:Why is it more interesting that Yos was on the list?
Nice catch. rofl, are you suggesting that Yos is particularly pro-town? Buddying up much?
This was early in the game, but it was still a significant reach to suggest that rofl was calling Yos pro-town.

My issue with his persistent questioning rofl about his questions to DGB and vollkan (around 96) was that it seemed kind of pointless. I thought it could be a way for Korts-scum to be active even though he wasn't really doing much to catch scum. (This ties into my case on ckd. He characterised rofl's play as strained and resembling someone trying to look like they were scum-hunting. I thought this better described Korts' play.)

Korts' unprompted defences for me around here seemed off as well.

225 was where he says Guardian was "on the fence". He's also a bit all over the place, voting for Guardian, accusing DGB of buddying up to players, then accusing Guardian of misrepresenting DGB.

Hmm. So, having done a reread of Korts up to the point when I said I found some of his arguments reachy, I'm not sure why I thought this was so important. Or maybe I didn't. His early play definitely made me uneasy, but it's improved, and I've agreed with some of what he's said, especially in relation to BM. Hmm.

Anyway, here's the crazy idea that's churning around in my head for a good part of today: Korts, ckd and Yos - Mafia. Korts' jab at rofl about Yos was a shot at linking the two. Yos is bussing ckd and his attack on me is an attempt to get something out of ckd's lynch - a mislynch on me. Scum may have killed Guardian and reduced the number to lynch hoping to get a reaction just like mine (someone leaving ckd's wagon) so that they could try and link someone to ckd. It seems kind of tactless, but I've explained how I feel Yos had to have made a special effort to make the case on me he has. Those are the connections but each, or at least ckd and Korts, have their own isolated instances of suspicious behaviour that I picked up on, which is probably what got me looking at them in the first place.

All of this said, I'm pretty sure it isn't that simple and I'm probably wrong about one or two of them. I'm confident, though, that odds of there being at least 1 scum in the 3 is high. I'm just trying to figure out which of the three is a better lynch. Having reread Korts, I'm suddenly leaning ckd or Yos, but maybe I'm second-guessing myself too much, which is something I tend to do. =/ I'll sleep on it.

We've got a little over a week before deadline. I think it'd make sense to see some claims. ckd is the deadline lynch. He's back on the 1st (I think), so I think he should claim first thing.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:23 am

Post by destructor »

DrippingGoofball wrote:

I'm not surprised that Kisonscum got it right away. Elmo, who henceforth shall be referred to as a 'townie,' must be on the right track, then.
I think Elmo was saying that scum probably guessed that Guardian was a Tracker based on his questions to Adel.

Also, didn't you think Korts was town once? Why was that?

Also also, I realise Yos had some other questions for me and there's probably other stuff I should respond to, but I'm tired and want to sleep.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:32 am

Post by Kison »

SnippingGoofbawl, my post gives no more indication that I 'get' it than roflcopter's does. Although I fail to see how Elmo's explanation makes no sense to you. The first quote shows someone anonymously asking about how the tracker's role works. The second quote shows Guardian:

- Asking questions about game mechanics as the anonymous poster had.
- Possibly implying he was the one who sent in 'the last ones'
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:49 am

Post by roflcopter »

this yos hate makes no sense to me
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

destructor wrote: Yos is bussing ckd and his attack on me is an attempt to get something out of ckd's lynch - a mislynch on me.
Lol. Is that really going to be your defense now?
Also also, I realise Yos had some other questions for me and there's probably other stuff I should respond to, but I'm tired and want to sleep.
/waiting
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:15 am

destructor wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
I think Elmo was saying that scum probably guessed that Guardian was a Tracker based on his questions to Adel.
Aw, I get it.
destructor wrote:Also, didn't you think Korts was town once? Why was that?
That is true. Maybe I was confused with Kison? Now, Kison is scum.

SCUM:

vollkan
curiouskarmadog
Battle Mage
Kison

TOWN:

DrippingGoofball
destructor
roflcopter
Yosarian2
populartajo ZazieR
Elmo
Korts >>> slipping on account of his unvoting, and not voting anew.

AMBIGUOUS:

Raging Rabbit
SensFan >>> becoming scummier as of late, re: chickening out from voting.

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:06 am

Post by vollkan »

Yos wrote: I don't think him putting himself at lynch -1 does either of those things. If he puts himself in range of being hammered, why should that make me want to unvote him? You and destuctor keep saying that, but I still don't accept that as a legitimate reason to unvote someone in basically any circumstances.
You can choose not to "accept" my reason, but I have explained myself already on this point. Casting a L-1 vote without immediate justification sets a precedent that can allow others to do the same. That's the "risk" concerned. As such, an unvote would be the right thing to do.
Yos wrote: He voted himself in response to pressure, while giving absolutly no other defense at all. Do I really need any more reason then that to keep my vote on him?
I accept that his behaviour was voteworthy; I haven't disputed that. But you cannot point to the rightness of your vote simply by the fact that he acted poorly, when your intiial vote wasn't backed up.
Rofl wrote: vollkan is also trying way, way, way too hard to stop the ckd wagon. so yeah, you're right, vollkan is scum.
Heaven forbid somebody shouldn't agree with you
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:32 am

vollkan wrote:
Rofl wrote: vollkan is also trying way, way, way too hard to stop the ckd wagon. so yeah, you're right, vollkan is scum.
I support the motion that no one should disagree with rofl.

vollkan, how about actually making an effort to pretend to scum hunt? This game isn't the debating club, and besides, after you're dead, we're going to need to know who you were bus'ing.

Can you please provide us with a list of who is scum and who is town? Just a list. No verb.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:00 am

Post by populartajo »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
vollkan wrote:
I support the motion that no one should disagree with rofl.

vollkan, how about actually making an effort to pretend to scum hunt? This game isn't the debating club, and besides, after you're dead, we're going to need to know who you were bus'ing.

Can you please provide us with a list of who is scum and who is town? Just a list. No verb.
Yeah.
Call me Tajo.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:45 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Wasn't vollkan the SK?

With deadline approaching it seems unlikely to me anyone but CKD or Korts is gonna be the lynch, so everyone who hasn't yet should pick a side and then we quickly make with the claims, which should give us enough time to discuss them some and make as much info out of the remainder of this day as possible.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”