TM 2023 | Super Mario Bros Mafia | Game Over!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:26 pm

Post by Fate »

right right, ancient relic being caught up on rules and changes

LETS NOT DERAIL THIS AND GET BACK TO THE SWEET ACTION OF (wowalmost typed it right here) ERADICATING SCUM

yeah eradicating

I can go witht hat and have it suit my style
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by Fate »

I appreciate cerberus posting content before falling off the face off the earth whereas YOGURT IS WHERE
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:28 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 351, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: What are their reads?
List wise almost exactly 24 hours ago it was:

Rat {polarized slot showing off towny bits, genuine curiosity, team engagement}
HPE {proactive, lots of references when discussing reads, evidence behind thoughts, natural progression}

CSF {passion, vibe read, mindmeld}
Cerb {initial bad vibes but good since, solvey, fluid, willing to be shown he's wrong}
Adorbs {No idea how to read but logic is solid behind what's been shared, overall towny vibes} (I'm not entirely sure what this means, but I think Koba thinks that Adorable's perspective is a reasonable one to exist, not that Koba thinks Adorable is explicitly right given the context)

Fate {kinda cringey at points, but just generically abrasive towny who don't give no fucks.} Koba thinks HPE is conflating bad push with scum here and thinks Fate should ISO. Contextually I think that means Fate should ISO HPE? I can check if you want clarification
Porkens {engaged and towny energy, pass for D1}

Peta {BoP about scummy, calls him flaccid :giggle:, nothing to townread in his posts. Overall low substance and small scope given the team and the small size of the game.}
Wgeurts {fell off in activity from not a great start. Buncha Nothingburger}

Apparently Koba also thinks that Peta/Wgeurts makes a decent pairing based on interactions, particularly in how peta treats wgeurts.

Not caught up my list is

HPE
Adorbs
Rat

CSF
Cerb
Porkens

Fate

Wgeurts
Peta

I'm only really townreading the top three on my list. Meanwhile I'm actively scumreading the bottom two and leaning scum on Fate. I'm back, btw.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 375, Fate wrote: I can go witht hat and have it suit my style
I humbly offer the demolition man choice of murder-death-kill. Alternatively, refloga.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 352, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Also interested in why they think fate is a mislim
Well, I just posted the reason Koba's townreading Fate (although it's not strong) but we obviously weren't worried about a scum elimination happening while I'm out, now were we? If you eliminated scum Fate and I came back to that I wouldn't have had any issues at all with it.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 369, Cerberus v666 wrote: but this is what my life will be over the next 5 days
I get that you enjoy this, but genuinely that sounds like hell.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 368, Radical Rat wrote: They're emotional and reactive. Lots of stream of consciousness type stuff. Their posts are not being deliberated upon, or at least don't look it
FWIW, I don't think this is actually a good reason to townread Fate. I think Fate is the kind of player who is going to say "Let's kill a fucker" and just expect everyone to fall in line and do so, regardless of alignment. I would genuinely be shocked if he wasn't a giant ego from what I've heard. I also don't think Fate has done anything to warrant a scum read, with the sole exception of the thing I still haven't gotten an answer on. Speaking of:

@Fate:
In post 197, Jingle wrote: Can you expand on where you've seen my name come up? I've definitely heard a lot of Fate stories (I believe you may be the founder of the Screaming Death Clan?) but it's interesting to me that you seem at least slightly familiar with me coming into this game where as far as I know you, uh, shouldn't be.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:44 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 313, Fate wrote: yeah Jingle's 'lld can't read me' felt genuine for once so Imma leave it be (don't have any context for y'alls history but it does remind me of MY MOST RECENT GAME WHERE KATSUKI MISLYNCHED ME FOR NO GODDAMN GOOD REASON)
Not extensive. We get along pretty well and I don't begrudge her inability to read me, it's just a thing that's true. Generally, the better someone is at reading most players the worse they are at reading me. This is also kind of out of date, since our only game since I came out of retirement was a mutual scumgame. Consequently, also my only game since coming out of retirement, but :shrugs:.

tl;dr, that was a joke, not an actual indictment or specific callout.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:33 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 366, Fate wrote: Then again I'd be complaining if this game were already long as hell with pages and pages each time I was away so maybe the grass is always greener eh
Mood.
This is a Parachute.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:34 pm

Post by petapan »

not feeling well today will catch up tomorrow
free crypto
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:35 pm

Post by Porkens »

I’m gunna read soon
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:30 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 376, Fate wrote: I appreciate cerberus posting content before falling off the face off the earth whereas YOGURT IS WHERE
Monday had to study for an exam that was on Tuesday and cooked hotpot for three friends, Tuesday and Wednesday I also had to work the evening shift at the restraunt I work as a cook for. Today, I just woke up, gonna grab coffee with a friend as we've both finally finished our examination period for this term, and then you'll get the usual activity from me again this evening. As a rule of thumb, Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Friday I'm oft going to be lower activity.

Spoiler: Hot pot soup base
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:11 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 1.5

wgeurts (3) - Porkens, Fate, HighPrincessErinys
Fate (2) - Adorable, Cat Scratch Fever
HighPrincessErinys (1) - wgeurts
Petapan (1) - Jingle
Cat Scratch Fever (1) - Radical Rat

Not voting (2) - Cerberus v666, petapan

(expired on 2023-04-26 11:46:00) remain until day end

Jingle is V/LA through Thursday April 20.

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to reach a majority.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:48 am

Post by Fate »

In post 251, wgeurts wrote:
In post 243, Adorable wrote: A teammate of mine said I should get the double vote power which is why I said in the thread I would be willing to take it.
Why did they recommend it?
I mean this is rolefishing at its best, lazyposting at worst
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:49 am

Post by Fate »

In post 377, Jingle wrote:
In post 351, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: What are their reads?
List wise almost exactly 24 hours ago it was:

Rat {polarized slot showing off towny bits, genuine curiosity, team engagement}
HPE {proactive, lots of references when discussing reads, evidence behind thoughts, natural progression}

CSF {passion, vibe read, mindmeld}
Cerb {initial bad vibes but good since, solvey, fluid, willing to be shown he's wrong}
Adorbs {No idea how to read but logic is solid behind what's been shared, overall towny vibes} (I'm not entirely sure what this means, but I think Koba thinks that Adorable's perspective is a reasonable one to exist, not that Koba thinks Adorable is explicitly right given the context)

Fate {kinda cringey at points, but just generically abrasive towny who don't give no fucks.} Koba thinks HPE is conflating bad push with scum here and thinks Fate should ISO. Contextually I think that means Fate should ISO HPE? I can check if you want clarification
Porkens {engaged and towny energy, pass for D1}

Peta {BoP about scummy, calls him flaccid :giggle:, nothing to townread in his posts. Overall low substance and small scope given the team and the small size of the game.}
Wgeurts {fell off in activity from not a great start. Buncha Nothingburger}

Apparently Koba also thinks that Peta/Wgeurts makes a decent pairing based on interactions, particularly in how peta treats wgeurts.

Not caught up my list is

HPE
Adorbs
Rat

CSF
Cerb
Porkens

Fate

Wgeurts
Peta

I'm only really townreading the top three on my list. Meanwhile I'm actively scumreading the bottom two and leaning scum on Fate. I'm back, btw.
ah alone in my own tier

as it should be
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:50 am

Post by Fate »

In post 386, wgeurts wrote:
In post 376, Fate wrote: I appreciate cerberus posting content before falling off the face off the earth whereas YOGURT IS WHERE
Monday had to study for an exam that was on Tuesday and cooked hotpot for three friends, Tuesday and Wednesday I also had to work the evening shift at the restraunt I work as a cook for. Today, I just woke up, gonna grab coffee with a friend as we've both finally finished our examination period for this term, and then you'll get the usual activity from me again this evening. As a rule of thumb, Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Friday I'm oft going to be lower activity.

Spoiler: Hot pot soup base
your effort to post delicious distractions won't fool me
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:50 am

Post by Fate »

In post 385, Porkens wrote: I’m gunna read soon
much anticipation
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:53 am

Post by Fate »

In post 381, Jingle wrote:
In post 368, Radical Rat wrote: They're emotional and reactive. Lots of stream of consciousness type stuff. Their posts are not being deliberated upon, or at least don't look it
FWIW, I don't think this is actually a good reason to townread Fate. I think Fate is the kind of player who is going to say "Let's kill a fucker" and just expect everyone to fall in line and do so, regardless of alignment. I would genuinely be shocked if he wasn't a giant ego from what I've heard. I also don't think Fate has done anything to warrant a scum read, with the sole exception of the thing I still haven't gotten an answer on. Speaking of:

@Fate:
In post 197, Jingle wrote: Can you expand on where you've seen my name come up? I've definitely heard a lot of Fate stories (I believe you may be the founder of the Screaming Death Clan?) but it's interesting to me that you seem at least slightly familiar with me coming into this game where as far as I know you, uh, shouldn't be.
your name rings a bell
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:55 am

Post by Fate »

ok IM feeling thorough so I went back and read

NOWHBERE DOES IT SAAY ANYTHING IN THIS SETUP ABOUT IT BEING ONLY 2 SCUM SO
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:56 am

Post by Fate »

In post 253, Adorable wrote:
In post 251, wgeurts wrote:
In post 243, Adorable wrote: A teammate of mine said I should get the double vote power which is why I said in the thread I would be willing to take it.
Why did they recommend it?
I don't want to say it now when we got 2 scum roaming around.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:57 am

Post by Fate »

i thought classic scumslips like this didn't happen anymroe

am I missing something
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:09 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 3, SirCakez wrote:
Also Note...

-This setup is confirmed to be 8
Town
vs 2
Mafia.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:37 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 392, Fate wrote: your name rings a bell
Pun accepted, evasion noted.

My main reservation wrt Fate is thus: The townread on me in feels like it'd be more reasonable from someone who has heard about me. It pretty well looked like an attempt to establish communication early, piggybacking off of my cred with the kids these days or otherwise, to work together. That sounds town on the face of things, right? You want to work with people you know you work well with, right?

Well here's the rub: As far as I know I've never met Fate, even tangentially in someplace like sitechat. Further, to the best of my knowledge, the same applies to every member of Fate's team. So if Fate was informed of my existence prior to the game, it was likely by someone who was on another team. Someone Fate would have to have talked to outside of this thread. Which is weird, because outside of LLD/Shea/mastina I can't think of anyone who I would think even might have mentioned me to Fate casually outside of the context of team mafia.

Now, this is the original point at which Mena said he thought I was wrong. But Koba was interested and kept asking questions, thinking maybe Fate was looking to set up a buddy situation and pocket me.

But here's the thing: anyone actually familiar with me probably knows I'm disproportionately likely to scumread townreads on me, so it would be super weird for a scum mate of Fate's to suggest Fate come into the thread and try to pocket me. Which is where Koba said I was probably barking up the wrong tree. Fate's behavior since then, though (not really engaging with me, despite looking like he wanted to from the word go), makes me think I might have something here. Because I could definitely see a scumpartner saying to Fate: "Hey, Jingle is a pretty decent player." and Fate going "Okay, I'll pocket Jingle." and the scumpartner then going "No, fuck, don't do that he tunnels that."

Or I'm crazy and I found this neat hat:

ymmv.
This is a Parachute.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:00 am

Post by Fate »

In post 396, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 3, SirCakez wrote:
Also Note...

-This setup is confirmed to be 8
Town
vs 2
Mafia.
Damn

Fwiw Staegs also read this game and confirmed there's like 5 scum that need to die ATM

He's willing to give HPE a pass after a meta skim
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:06 am

Post by Radical Rat »

For that to be the case, it would mean Fate's hypothetical partner is someone with a teammate on your list of people who may know you, right?

Which, skimming over the team list could only be petapan.

I've had brewing suspicions on him for a while now, mostly because early game he seemed to be actively avoiding doing content, so I'll bite there. I don't necessarily think you're right, but peta being actually scummy to me and doubling as a sanity check on the very stylish hat sounds good.

VOTE: petapan
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”