TM 2023 | Super Mario Bros Mafia | Game Over!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 261, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 245, Cerberus v666 wrote: HPE, is there anyone in this game who you are not currently suspicious of, and why? I appreciate a focus on scum, but also, like, identifying town is important.

And okay, then - in that case, what exactly was the problem you had with someone stating their reads are unreliable? Can you walk me through that reasoning, if the confidence someone projects doesn't have much to do with it?
Feeling pretty good about Jingle, and to a lesser extent petapan, mostly because they've been absent a bit. They've both been making rather nice posts (its hard to pin down specific ones to point out unfortunately) and Jingle's ISO in particularly feels very very solvey.

That's a good question, honestly, this one hasn't been thinking too super hard about it until you asked. It just felt like at the moment a kind of weird thing to say. "Hey guys, my reads are unreliable!" is, technically a humble and truthful thing to say because no one can ever be super precise, but its also kinda like, why should we believe you then? Jingle's been doing good, as mentioned, so its kinda whatever, but it just put this one off a bit. Guess that's really all there is to it.
In post 256, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I'm still unsure how why you singled them out for potential scum motivation if their accusations have been the same as others tbh
To clarify: You asked what makes you and peta's accusations different from wgeurts'. This one said the only common link was that you all three said it wasn't posting much of substance, because otherwise only wgeurts was making further accusations in the readwall like with the Jingle thing or power-up talk, etc.
i guess i probably shoulda read through before making that last post

this is still kind of vague to me and doesn't give me a ton to go off
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:23 pm

Post by petapan »

UNVOTE:

meh

if
HPE is town cerb's approach to it strikes me as being potentially scummy

i like CSF's posts and think this is probably her town game

LLD has been badgering me to get her reads into the thread, i think she's been wanting to micromanage everyone while waiting for hers to start lol

she thinks CSF, Adorable, and wgeurts are town, I agree with these as i've more or less expressed

she thought hpe was town at first but didn't like its fate vote
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:28 pm

Post by petapan »

Powerup Vote: Adorable

i don't think a public doublevote is especially consequential in a majority elimination game but also have been fine with it going to adorable for a while
free crypto
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:52 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 300, petapan wrote:
In post 261, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 245, Cerberus v666 wrote: HPE, is there anyone in this game who you are not currently suspicious of, and why? I appreciate a focus on scum, but also, like, identifying town is important.

And okay, then - in that case, what exactly was the problem you had with someone stating their reads are unreliable? Can you walk me through that reasoning, if the confidence someone projects doesn't have much to do with it?
Feeling pretty good about Jingle, and to a lesser extent petapan, mostly because they've been absent a bit. They've both been making rather nice posts (its hard to pin down specific ones to point out unfortunately) and Jingle's ISO in particularly feels very very solvey.

That's a good question, honestly, this one hasn't been thinking too super hard about it until you asked. It just felt like at the moment a kind of weird thing to say. "Hey guys, my reads are unreliable!" is, technically a humble and truthful thing to say because no one can ever be super precise, but its also kinda like, why should we believe you then? Jingle's been doing good, as mentioned, so its kinda whatever, but it just put this one off a bit. Guess that's really all there is to it.
In post 256, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I'm still unsure how why you singled them out for potential scum motivation if their accusations have been the same as others tbh
To clarify: You asked what makes you and peta's accusations different from wgeurts'. This one said the only common link was that you all three said it wasn't posting much of substance, because otherwise only wgeurts was making further accusations in the readwall like with the Jingle thing or power-up talk, etc.
i guess i probably shoulda read through before making that last post

this is still kind of vague to me and doesn't give me a ton to go off
This one can try giving you its thoughts on specific posts if you show it some, though it'll probably be tomorrow before it can be the one going out and finding posts to analyze.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 293, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: VOTE: Fate

Feeling rather uncertain of my reads atm, but this is fine for now

---

I've been ambivalent about wgeurts but am going to tentatively say they're town. The thing that threw me for a loop was their early townlean on me when I wasn't feeling engaged in the game yet. It felt like a tmi-y townread made to potentially pocket someone, but thinking about it some more, I think I'm kind of a weird choice for a pocket in this list, especially since I was low effort posting up until that point. My team is feeling good about wgeurts too so that's also a thing

---

Cerberus, can you summarize where you have people at right now?
I could, but on principle I won't barring a super compelling reason to do so. I'm a Day 3 in a large game give a reads list and solve the game kinda guy. :) Since this is smaller, I'll solve the game midday tomorrow assuming we see two flips to base my analysis off of. :)

I will, however, gladly answer specific questions. If you want some non-summary thoughts on an individual in the next 24 hours(before my presence may become spotty) I could probably be convinced to ISO someone and arrive at a conclusion about them in particular that I'm willing to share. :)
In post 299, petapan wrote: cerb mostly comes across as null in everything he's posted so far. but maybe scummy given the lack of solid stances in all that posts. (i have an instinctive bias against quote stripes that has little basis in reality though)
Perfect. Play is coming across exactly as intended to those who don't know me! ^^ If you could just hold me right there in the "just scummy appearing enough that scum will never NK me" zone I would appreciate it.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:14 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Cerberus is not passing the vibe check for me.

I don't have better words to articulate the feeling but the feeling isn't good.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:09 am

Post by Jingle »

VLA two days.

Might be back sooner.
This is a Parachute.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:47 am

Post by Fate »

whoa what the hell I am NOT down for this powering up Adorable nonsense

Especially not for the 'well maybe their role recieves benefits' like what if SCUM gets benefits like strongarm etc?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:49 am

Post by Fate »

In post 225, Adorable wrote: I didn't like how Fate voted HPE with no elaboration and had nothing else to add.

Cerb has not been asking me good questions and these are the kind of questions that don't help on scum hunting. It looked like busywork to me. I would prefer players ask me question with a single quote and not a wallpost because I don't know how to edit the huge wall.

HPE I am null on and I can also imagine a town HPE being low hanging fruit. They said they are a passive player, I am also a passive player and I see nothing wrong with being passive.
See how she's going for easy non-controversial reads

also this self-described 'passive' playstyle is the towniest thing i've ever read
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:51 am

Post by Fate »

hmm I am indeed rusty, I've been looking for more scum than 2

Adorable pointing that out isn't doing them any favors either

let me think

on what scum playing the long game would be doing atm
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:52 am

Post by Fate »

all right I'm less afraid of being NK'd now

lets go Porkens

VOTE: wgeurts
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:54 am

Post by Fate »

In post 296, petapan wrote:
In post 181, Fate wrote: oh yeah this one's easy already page 2
VOTE: HighPrincess
hi Fate, been a long time, you probably don't remember me, we might've only played once

LLD has a question: why HPE over Jingle? they're both terrible on page 2
I have a softspot for Jingle, and didn't get any particular pings

Jingle scum can take me to LyLo I'm down

oh wait I promised my team a sweep...
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:54 am

Post by Fate »

ps no I don't remember you, but bonus points if you link to said game since apparently there's an archive system now and all the
drugs
madness have taken a toll on my recall
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:56 am

Post by Fate »

oh I remember page 2 now

yeah Jingle's 'lld can't read me' felt genuine for once so Imma leave it be (don't have any context for y'alls history but it does remind me of MY MOST RECENT GAME WHERE KATSUKI MISLYNCHED ME FOR NO GODDAMN GOOD REASON)
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:31 am

Post by petapan »

In post 312, Fate wrote: ps no I don't remember you, but bonus points if you link to said game since apparently there's an archive system now and all the
drugs
madness have taken a toll on my recall
viewtopic.php?t=22659

you were an IC so i didn't have to read you and if i remember right you were mentally checked out from being conftown

but man

what a playerlist
free crypto
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:58 am

Post by Fate »

ah that was the game where I made my stand that I was a better scumhunter than regfan for his Bella reads, but they wouldn't give me the Scummie

BECAUSE IT WOULD SET A PRECEDENT THAT MAFIASCUM ENDORSES FATE

BWAHWHAAHHAHA

ah the nostalgia
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Fate »

(I'd boast about nailing Staeg scum immediately but it isn't particularly noteworthy and Staeg may read this game yet >_>)
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:32 am

Post by Fate »

how the hell am i supposed to get reads

what you all have day jobs or somethign
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:53 am

Hello Fate, nice of you to properly join us. Got any other reads for me based on everything so far?
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:29 am

In post 303, HighPrincessErinys wrote: though it'll probably be tomorrow before it can be the one going out and finding posts to analyze.
time for a few Briefly Elaborated Jingle Posts This One Likes™:

This is a pretty good point and 22 is indeed kinda weird with this context.

This one very much agrees with the latter half of this post.

REALLY good mechtalk/spec, certain towny vibe from Jingle advocating the power-up now after not caring for it early in the day but that might just be a wacky read from me.

Willing to locktown this slot tbh because this is a really good looking ISO in general.
Get To Know A Doll
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:48 am

Post by Fate »

Locktown on Jingle? No real comment on my vote switch?

The hell are you reading
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:59 am

Post by Adorable »

Seeing more of Fate's posts, they look like the type of player who plays for entertainment and I was not expecting them to be that kind of player. These kind of players are hard to read and they play like that as either alignment.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:10 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 319, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 303, HighPrincessErinys wrote: though it'll probably be tomorrow before it can be the one going out and finding posts to analyze.
time for a few Briefly Elaborated Jingle Posts This One Likes™:

This is a pretty good point and 22 is indeed kinda weird with this context.

This one very much agrees with the latter half of this post.

REALLY good mechtalk/spec, certain towny vibe from Jingle advocating the power-up now after not caring for it early in the day but that might just be a wacky read from me.

Willing to locktown this slot tbh because this is a really good looking ISO in general.
Jingle looks like a player who is good playing as both alignment and I have been hesitant on putting him as town out of paranoia of wrongly town reading scum. I agree with the 3rd link about Jingle and it gave me towny vibe. Jingle has been against anyone getting the vote power and then later he changes his mind and wants me to have the vote power and does his speculation talk in a towny way. That change of mind looked towny.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:11 am

In post 320, Fate wrote: Locktown on Jingle? No real comment on my vote switch?

The hell are you reading
Reading Jingle's ISO like this one said it would earlier. Would still like to hear some of your reads and since you pointed it out, your wgeurts vote.
Get To Know A Doll
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:47 am

Post by Fate »

In post 321, Adorable wrote: Seeing more of Fate's posts, they look like the type of player who plays for entertainment and I was not expecting them to be that kind of player. These kind of players are hard to read and they play like that as either alignment.
Wow you read me quickly

Actually I only play for entertainment as town, I play to win as scum (and often do)

lolselfmeta

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”