TM 2023 | Super Mario Bros Mafia | Game Over!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:31 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 146, Porkens wrote: Like literally you say I’ve contributed nothing but I e literally founded the townblock with petapan.

No it was a substantive townread and inspiration to lockdown until endgame.
Why is he town?

How did you have a town read on him when you literally state "you hadn't read the game" and question if people ever have substantive reads at that point? Those two statements cannot both hold true, unless you're capable of reading the game in less than a minute in which case kudos to you lol
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:32 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 147, Porkens wrote: It was instantaneous
So just gut?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:33 pm

Post by Porkens »

Jeeze Louise of course just gut I haven’t read the game
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:36 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 152, Porkens wrote: Jeeze Louise of course just gut I haven’t read the game
Then what is the big issue with me saying I have nothing to go off? If you've not read the game then your input is largely useless to me. I'm not here to play vibe check simulator.

Also bruh, the game is 6 pages long. I've read it all twice in just a day. If you've got time to disagree with me not having an opinion on you, spend it productively and give me something instead.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:39 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 137, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Need to go shopping for an actual scumread or two soon, this one thinks.
I don't like this quote either, this was one of the posts made as I was writing, but yuck
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:44 pm

Post by Porkens »

IM GOING
off
my gut!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:45 pm

Post by Porkens »

The posts I quoted bled town.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:48 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 140, wgeurts wrote: {Peta, Jingle}
{Radical Rat, CSF}
{Adorable, Cerb, Fate, Porkens}
{HPE}

HPE

The reason why I like Peta so much, as I don't like this slot, and I do like the timing of Peta's vote. Let's break it down:

This slot just keeps popping up, indicating activity and that it's following the game, yet never posts anything of substance. It's all comes across as for show, suspiciously like they want to appear useful but are hesitant to commit to anything that could complicate matters.

Posts , and see it making remarks that give the impression of being involved whilst when dissected, yield no concrete or substantive information as to their current thoughts. and are both for instance, just more nothing burger. Most, if not all the others around then, are more of the same. Peta evidently beat me to it regarding applying pressure, which I liked. Around the time I formed these thoughts in the thread his vote popped up out of nowhere.

I also really don't like post in response to said vote, it is just more empty questioning without providing anything of substance. To then followup with that by criticising Jingle for not having reliable reads in having not provided any themselves, to then LITERALLY in stating they don't have them either whilst just calling a followup wagon vote sheep, is not a good look. I struggle to picture town intent here at this stage of the game, and that makes them my best option to vote right now.

A sidenote, to add here again, is that they too are weirdly obsessed with the double vote but even moreso than Adorable. Posts , and all come back to it.

VOTE: HPE
In post 142, wgeurts wrote: Also to add, HBE has been actively present all game so it's not that they're not invested. The response to Peta's vote was almost immediate and they've been rather frantic since.
Yeah, this one figured a game full of people its not played with wouldn't have a picture of it's playstyle. People have told this one before that taking a more passive backrow approach is par for the course for it, and it wants to agree? This one obviously isn't the best judge of it's own meta because it isn't always conscious of how it's actually, y'know, playing and acting, but still, this feels like a big clash of playstyle, albeit...*

But other than that:
It's obviously up to the individual's interpretation of how cool and good a post actually is in terms of solviness, but this one doesn't really think you could call
everything
you've linked as providing
nothing
of substance, especially when you go and try to call me asking someone why they're voting me as "empty questioning". And what's up with trying to recontextualize /? Because there is very much a difference in Jingle expressly saying they don't think they EVER have reliable reads, and this one saying it doesn't have reads at the moment. And "weirdly obsessed with the double vote" feels like a grasping at straws, to be honest. *...this also feels like a really uncharitable analysis of me either way.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:52 pm

Post by Porkens »

Sounds legit FOS wgeurts
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:53 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Gonna sleep now as my first wall of text in years has drained me. I do want to note, not providing any insight as to where you stand and not committing to anything is not a playstyle difference.

Tell me who you like most, tell me who you lije least. I don't care about questions posed if you never follow up.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:54 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 158, Porkens wrote: Sounds legit FOS wgeurts
And I don't have the patience to deal with you right now
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

I’ll do it later
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:15 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 159, wgeurts wrote: Gonna sleep now as my first wall of text in years has drained me. I do want to note, not providing any insight as to where you stand and not committing to anything is not a playstyle difference.

Tell me who you like most, tell me who you lije least. I don't care about questions posed if you never follow up.
Most? Probably petapan, as they've been putting up a pretty good solving effort imo after some ISO reviewing, especially /, or really just their posts related to Jingle in general.

Least? You, honestly. Other than the obvious, is just a touch odd in the way it asks for people to elaborate on why they might have nullreads at a staggering 42 posts in, and this isn't exactly a 'gotcha' or anything, but you seemed to have taken a far lighter stance on power-up talk in which you've since reversed both in talking about Jingle and about me. This one thinks it'll park a semi-OMGUS mostly-scumread VOTE: wgeurts on you because it just really feels like you're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill on me.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:18 pm

Post by Porkens »

VOTE: wgeurts[/vore]
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:33 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Wgeurts, if you'll indulge my curiosity, how much of that reads wall was from you, and how much was workshopped by your team?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:39 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Spoiler: This isn't actually about the game and normally I don't like to make a show of it, but it hit me particularly hard this time for some reason so... gender shit I guess, primarily @wgeurts
I don't mean this to sound accusatory, and obviously you're they/them too, so you get it to an extent, but. Genuine curiosity. Why was I referred to with he/him that whole time? I understand people mess up, and I do too, but it seems like it's been happening a lot to me lately (not just from you), and I don't really understand why, especially in this case where others on your list did get different pronouns assumed. Do I really give off masculine vibes so strongly?

I don't know, you don't really have to answer or apologize or anything if you don't want to I just. Feel kinda weird about it I guess. Usually better about letting it roll off, sorry.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:43 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 140, wgeurts wrote: {Peta, Jingle}
{Radical Rat, CSF}
{Adorable, Cerb, Fate, Porkens}
{HPE}

Alright, reread the game so far and bounced numerous ideas with my teammates. My current pulse of the board state is that at most one of Jingle/Peta can be scum, and the rest if not both fall in the bottom 5 reads of mine. Their tango so far would be an amazing yet unlikely opening act considering this is a 2-man scum team game, and would have been entirely unsolicited considering for the majority of it almost half the players were not contributing anything of substance. I lean to calling them both town, and find it more likely that the scum are currently in the lower brackets. Coincidently, that would also make this game incredibly boring if so.

I am not an outstanding scum-hunter, I town hunt and try to place myself in each players head. Bare with me for why my reads are as follows.

Peta

I will admit I personally did not like how they opened up this game but warmed up to this read after bouncing ideas with Xof who has a significantly better impressions of them than I do. Their initial vote and elaboration on Jingle left a poor impression, but I've been told that their keeping cards close to their chest until ready is par for their course, and will be a butt to read until substance does start rolling out. This aligns with what Peta says about themselves in .

What I have liked since though, is their interactions with Jingle to gauge them into backing off, and their recent switch to HBE which I'll get to later alongside their other reads. During my catch-up I found myself forming seemingly similar impression of Porken's and HBE. These two weren't hot topic, he initiated reads rather than following others, and his thought process flows naturally. That's all I can really ask for at this stage of the game.

Jingle

Jingle off the bat trying to take double voter discussion off the table in started light town leanings, I agree with the sentiment. Discussion of the mechanic is and was complete white noise with nothing of use to come of it. His following interactions with me from onwards also appear as genuine to probe, although I believe his concerns stem from a misunderstanding I'll get to in a later post. This has remained consistent through to now as evidenced in post for instance. Similarly to Peta, proactive substance rich posting that displays apparent intent to sort players that I can understand and visualise consistently, is as good as I'm gonna get for a town read for now.

Radical Rat

RR is giving me nonchalant, slightly mislead, town leaning vibes as off now. Their first two posts at their worst can be read as mechanics fluffing to appear useful, with only scum having anything to gain from that. I doubt that to be the case however as they remain hung on the issue through to post where interactions with Jingle relating to the matter for the basis for a shoddy vote. Seems a little dissonant from a scum perspective imo. More telling however is that I can follow their train of thought from a town perspective. Their unvote in post is consistent with my view of the game at the time, and his (team's) town reads/push on CSF just don't make lots of sense for scum at the moment. His quite intense reads are a bit far-fetched, but they come across as genuine and don't appear to be artificially crafted.

CSF

CSF hasn't provided much content, nor much elaboration, but from the little substance they have provided I can see a town intent. Their vote change to Cerb in and explained in is a bit of stretch considering the timeframe Cerb made his few posts in, but is such a poor option to randomly go for as scum there. It's questionable, stands out, nobody will follow, just not a good take to make as scum. Paired with them indicating a town read of RR in the same posts, which I can agree with, leads me to lightly lean town on this slot myself.

Porkens

Coming in to say that they don't place much stock in early game reads in post and then providing nothing of substance thereafter means I have nothing to really go off really. First had a slight town lean on them as I liked them indicating a Peta town lean in which matched my view, and I could see possible thought process behind leaning scum on Jingle despite disagreeing. But the post made before 107 that very same minute says that they hadn't read the game yet, which eliminates any substance there. Similarly anything of substance regarding his interaction with Jingle is dismissed in post . Unsure why people are town leaning here, or is it because of the above too?

Adorable

Adorable is gonna be a pain for me to sort as I didn't like any of their posting at first, with them going from stating they have no reads in post , to posting a whole bunch of no substance burger like in and etc. After consulting Xof, apparently this is just how they play and is consistent with a town game they played. Like... post doesn't even make sense? I'd think it self-evident Cerb isn't town piling me there and how can you then use that as the basis for anything? This slot is going to be a headache for me to gauge.

If anything, of note is that they mentioned the double voting mechanic twice in and . I'm interested why they were so focused on it?

Cerb

I have absolutely no lean here so far, as I need to see actual substance. I do have to say that the thought has crossed my mind that the low activity from Cerb here could be indicative of low motivation, due to a higher barrier of play. Cerb was in the past as I remember very analytical and methodical in his play, to do so as Scum knowing there's eyes on it takes more energy. It would make sense that a scum Cerb would be less willing to jump in with coachella upcoming than town cerb. This is very much a stretch however, and likely unfair. Not willing to place stock in it, but need to see Cerb in action when he's properly around.

Fate

Hasn't shown up yet.

HPE

The reason why I like Peta so much, as I don't like this slot, and I do like the timing of Peta's vote. Let's break it down:

This slot just keeps popping up, indicating activity and that it's following the game, yet never posts anything of substance. It's all comes across as for show, suspiciously like they want to appear useful but are hesitant to commit to anything that could complicate matters.

Posts , and see it making remarks that give the impression of being involved whilst when dissected, yield no concrete or substantive information as to their current thoughts. and are both for instance, just more nothing burger. Most, if not all the others around then, are more of the same. Peta evidently beat me to it regarding applying pressure, which I liked. Around the time I formed these thoughts in the thread his vote popped up out of nowhere.

I also really don't like post in response to said vote, it is just more empty questioning without providing anything of substance. To then followup with that by criticising Jingle for not having reliable reads in having not provided any themselves, to then LITERALLY in stating they don't have them either whilst just calling a followup wagon vote sheep, is not a good look. I struggle to picture town intent here at this stage of the game, and that makes them my best option to vote right now.

A sidenote, to add here again, is that they too are weirdly obsessed with the double vote but even moreso than Adorable. Posts , and all come back to it.

[post=HPE]HPE[/post]
You said me, HPE, and Porkens have posted little of no substance. It is early day 1 and there will always be players posting little of no substance no matter what alignment they are. I actively play mafia elsewhere and a majority of the players over there post little of no substance and because of this I don't understand why you are making a big deal about this.

You have a very unusual playstyle that will be hard for me to read.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:20 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 165, Radical Rat wrote:
Spoiler: This isn't actually about the game and normally I don't like to make a show of it, but it hit me particularly hard this time for some reason so... gender shit I guess, primarily @wgeurts
I don't mean this to sound accusatory, and obviously you're they/them too, so you get it to an extent, but. Genuine curiosity. Why was I referred to with he/him that whole time? I understand people mess up, and I do too, but it seems like it's been happening a lot to me lately (not just from you), and I don't really understand why, especially in this case where others on your list did get different pronouns assumed. Do I really give off masculine vibes so strongly?

I don't know, you don't really have to answer or apologize or anything if you don't want to I just. Feel kinda weird about it I guess. Usually better about letting it roll off, sorry.
Before I get into things, major apologies here, won't happen again. Was late at night and I definitely misread before writing up my post using my notes. You really don't! I just thought to have seen it listed T.T
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:13 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 144, wgeurts wrote:
I don't genuinely think Cerb was scum-buddying with me, prior to the game starting we were already excited to have the opportunity to play again and have some mafia history together. His post largely read as jest, and I responded with some pomp in turn. By itself, that post is entirely NAI. I am not paranoid of Cerb to put it simply, I'm playing along with them. ^^
This isn’t really an explanation of why what you did but an admission that it is what I was seeing. It also doesn’t really shake the feeling I got that your response was intended to make cerbs look worse.

I guess the question remains: what do you intend to do now to response to the reach out/establish a better groundwork to work with cerbs, and why haven’t you been doing it til now.
This is a Parachute.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:18 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 157, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Yeah, this one figured a game full of people its not played with wouldn't have a picture of it's playstyle. People have told this one before that taking a more passive backrow approach is par for the course for it, and it wants to agree? This one obviously isn't the best judge of it's own meta because it isn't always conscious of how it's actually, y'know, playing and acting, but still, this feels like a big clash of playstyle, albeit...*

But other than that:
It's obviously up to the individual's interpretation of how cool and good a post actually is in terms of solviness, but this one doesn't really think you could call
everything
you've linked as providing
nothing
of substance, especially when you go and try to call me asking someone why they're voting me as "empty questioning". And what's up with trying to recontextualize /? Because there is very much a difference in Jingle expressly saying they don't think they EVER have reliable reads, and this one saying it doesn't have reads at the moment. And "weirdly obsessed with the double vote" feels like a grasping at straws, to be honest. *...this also feels like a really uncharitable analysis of me either way.
Alright, so as I said before: passively playing the game is different to continuously engaging with it but providing little to no insight as to what's going on in your head. Asking for another's thoughts on something by itself doesn't tend to mean much if that's all you do, I want to know what you think of the person you're questioning, what their answer does for that, and see an active progression that aligns with town intent. And you are correct in that this is an uncharitable analysis, we're 7 pages into the game and to me your posting currently makes less sense coming from a town-motivated mindset than scum.

You're right on the point with Jingle though, I misinterpreted that whilst writing up the wall o' text and seeing more stuff being posted. That doesn't impact much however, as the crux of my issue remains that until now I've not seen you posting anything you could be held accountable for.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:20 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 164, Radical Rat wrote: Wgeurts, if you'll indulge my curiosity, how much of that reads wall was from you, and how much was workshopped by your team?
Peta I requested people help me look at as with the current gamestate sorting those two is most valuable. I also got given information on Adorable as I don't know how to deal with that slot, and neither does my team it seems. Everything else is purely my own thoughts.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:21 am

Post by wgeurts »

Also got some commentary on Jingle from Xof.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:25 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 157, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Because there is very much a difference in Jingle expressly saying they don't think they EVER have reliable reads,
Not really a huge deal, but as a point of clarification this isn’t actually what I meant.

There are games when I’m confident on my reads. There are games when I’m confident on my reads from the early game. As a whole, I don’t think I am impressive in either my scumhunting or town hunting, although there are people who disagree. Even when I’m not confident on my reads, I’m going to be arguing them.

The ways in which I benefit the town, instead, are much more aligned with other aspects of the game. I’m great at recognizing and derailing shittunnels from other people. I’m good at dragging activity out of chronic lurkers. I’m one of the best, if not the actual best, at working with mechanics to make the game unwinnable for scum. I’m pretty good at gamestate analysis.

Not admitting the shortcomings I know I have doesn’t do me any good, and in fact hurts our chances.

Hope that explains things a bit better, although if it doesn’t I’ll ask you the same question I asked peta: “What could I possibly have to gain by lying publicly about my experience in front of a bunch of people who have seen me play?”
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:26 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 171, wgeurts wrote: Also got some commentary on Jingle from Xof.
Did they scumslip?
This is a Parachute.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:26 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 162, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 159, wgeurts wrote: Gonna sleep now as my first wall of text in years has drained me. I do want to note, not providing any insight as to where you stand and not committing to anything is not a playstyle difference.

Most? Probably petapan, as they've been putting up a pretty good solving effort imo after some ISO reviewing, especially /, or really just their posts related to Jingle in general.

Least? You, honestly. Other than the obvious, is just a touch odd in the way it asks for people to elaborate on why they might have nullreads at a staggering 42 posts in, and this isn't exactly a 'gotcha' or anything, but you seemed to have taken a far lighter stance on power-up talk in which you've since reversed both in talking about Jingle and about me. This one thinks it'll park a semi-OMGUS mostly-scumread VOTE: wgeurts on you because it just really feels like you're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill on me.
Leaning on people for minor things in the early stages of a game when you have little to go off is exactly how you get responses that can be used for more. No it's not a gotcha kinda of thing. I disagree that there was no content already. My interactions with Jingle for instance were already something of minor substance prior to , I saw something in them, if you don't I want to know why not.

I do not follow your second line of reasoning, my stance regarding mechanics talk was and is that it's complete fluff and of no use to town here, as stated in the post you quote. Jingle swinging in page one to essentially state that as first player is very weakly town-like behaviour. Players trying to push for talk on the doublevote can be interpreted as mildly scum-like behaviour. Analysing how people act around it is not mechanics talk, it's analysing people's reactions and intent towards it.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”