TM 2023 | Super Mario Bros Mafia | Game Over!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:43 pm

Post by Porkens »

It was an accident
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:53 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 122, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Not much. What about you(r vote)?
you look like you're posting just to post
free crypto
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

Kinda does
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:54 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 123, Jingle wrote:
In post 112, petapan wrote:
this is especially true in team mafia because having 3 other people shouting in your ear very often creates an echo chamber effect that can lead you to confirmation bias your reads, and that can lead to people mutually tunneling each other and consuming the thread in a destructive fashion. i am trying to avoid this
Noted but also ew.
be grateful i'm overriding the the devils on my shoulder who are calling for your head

i'm not sure i see the wgeurts read but it's
interesting
free crypto
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 96, Radical Rat wrote: VOTE: CSF

Laying on the pocket a bit thick for so early on aren't you?
How do you think I've been pocketing?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:06 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 128, petapan wrote: i'm not sure i see the wgeurts read but it's
interesting
Boutta make it even more interesting!
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:07 pm

In post 100, petapan wrote:
In post 88, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 86, Jingle wrote: Because we think wogurts has a strong potential to be scum aorn. Ask a silly question...
ok, why?

I think Cerb's posts have been lengthy and wordy but don't have much meat to them & feel vaguely pocket-y of wgeurts
how much meat would you expect based on when in the game they were posted?
I didn't expect that much meat, it was more so that the post was responding to multiple things without necessarily adding to the conversation
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:11 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 129, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

I believe your defense of wgeurts is too strong for how early it is and likely an attempt to either curry favor or overextend for a buddy. I don't think you would be protecting a buddy from such a light push so early though, so I'm suspecting a white knight attempt
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:11 pm

VOTE: HPE
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:14 pm

In post 132, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 129, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

I believe your defense of wgeurts is too strong for how early it is and likely an attempt to either curry favor or overextend for a buddy. I don't think you would be protecting a buddy from such a light push so early though, so I'm suspecting a white knight attempt
My posts were mainly an attempt to engage with Jingle who happened to be in the thread at the time, but I can kinda see why you may have perceived it as a defense of wgeurts
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:15 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 126, petapan wrote:
In post 122, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Not much. What about you(r vote)?
you look like you're posting just to post
This one just doesn't really have any substantial reads or input right now, it never really does in the earlygame it thinks.
In post 133, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: VOTE: HPE
Sheep?
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:26 pm

In post 135, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
Sheep?
Yeah basically. I see you commenting on things as "weird" or "alarming" (, ) but not really following up. Are those behaviors scummy?
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:31 pm

In post 136, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 135, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
Sheep?
Yeah basically. I see you commenting on things as "weird" or "alarming" (, ) but not really following up. Are those behaviors scummy?
Don't particularly think so, or else this one would probably be pushing more or even voting on those slots. They're just... weird, in a not very AI way. Need to go shopping for an actual scumread or two soon, this one thinks.
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:35 pm

This one supposes the closest approximation it has to a scumread without trying to deep-analysis any ISOs is on Porkens and his self power-up vote after we mostly seemed to agree it was better to ignore it. Though he did also say that he wasn't really read the game though, so... Yeah not exactly substantial either way.
Get To Know A Doll
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:52 pm

Post by Porkens »

You are wrong. I’m town, guve me doiboevotee
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:23 pm

Post by wgeurts »

{Peta, Jingle}
{Radical Rat, CSF}
{Adorable, Cerb, Fate, Porkens}
{HPE}

Alright, reread the game so far and bounced numerous ideas with my teammates. My current pulse of the board state is that at most one of Jingle/Peta can be scum, and the rest if not both fall in the bottom 5 reads of mine. Their tango so far would be an amazing yet unlikely opening act considering this is a 2-man scum team game, and would have been entirely unsolicited considering for the majority of it almost half the players were not contributing anything of substance. I lean to calling them both town, and find it more likely that the scum are currently in the lower brackets. Coincidently, that would also make this game incredibly boring if so.

I am not an outstanding scum-hunter, I town hunt and try to place myself in each players head. Bare with me for why my reads are as follows.

Peta

I will admit I personally did not like how they opened up this game but warmed up to this read after bouncing ideas with Xof who has a significantly better impressions of them than I do. Their initial vote and elaboration on Jingle left a poor impression, but I've been told that their keeping cards close to their chest until ready is par for their course, and will be a butt to read until substance does start rolling out. This aligns with what Peta says about themselves in .

What I have liked since though, is their interactions with Jingle to gauge them into backing off, and their recent switch to HBE which I'll get to later alongside their other reads. During my catch-up I found myself forming seemingly similar impression of Porken's and HBE. These two weren't hot topic, he initiated reads rather than following others, and his thought process flows naturally. That's all I can really ask for at this stage of the game.

Jingle

Jingle off the bat trying to take double voter discussion off the table in started light town leanings, I agree with the sentiment. Discussion of the mechanic is and was complete white noise with nothing of use to come of it. His following interactions with me from onwards also appear as genuine to probe, although I believe his concerns stem from a misunderstanding I'll get to in a later post. This has remained consistent through to now as evidenced in post for instance. Similarly to Peta, proactive substance rich posting that displays apparent intent to sort players that I can understand and visualise consistently, is as good as I'm gonna get for a town read for now.

Radical Rat

RR is giving me nonchalant, slightly mislead, town leaning vibes as off now. Their first two posts at their worst can be read as mechanics fluffing to appear useful, with only scum having anything to gain from that. I doubt that to be the case however as they remain hung on the issue through to post where interactions with Jingle relating to the matter for the basis for a shoddy vote. Seems a little dissonant from a scum perspective imo. More telling however is that I can follow their train of thought from a town perspective. Their unvote in post is consistent with my view of the game at the time, and his (team's) town reads/push on CSF just don't make lots of sense for scum at the moment. His quite intense reads are a bit far-fetched, but they come across as genuine and don't appear to be artificially crafted.

CSF

CSF hasn't provided much content, nor much elaboration, but from the little substance they have provided I can see a town intent. Their vote change to Cerb in and explained in is a bit of stretch considering the timeframe Cerb made his few posts in, but is such a poor option to randomly go for as scum there. It's questionable, stands out, nobody will follow, just not a good take to make as scum. Paired with them indicating a town read of RR in the same posts, which I can agree with, leads me to lightly lean town on this slot myself.

Porkens

Coming in to say that they don't place much stock in early game reads in post and then providing nothing of substance thereafter means I have nothing to really go off really. First had a slight town lean on them as I liked them indicating a Peta town lean in which matched my view, and I could see possible thought process behind leaning scum on Jingle despite disagreeing. But the post made before 107 that very same minute says that they hadn't read the game yet, which eliminates any substance there. Similarly anything of substance regarding his interaction with Jingle is dismissed in post . Unsure why people are town leaning here, or is it because of the above too?

Adorable

Adorable is gonna be a pain for me to sort as I didn't like any of their posting at first, with them going from stating they have no reads in post , to posting a whole bunch of no substance burger like in and etc. After consulting Xof, apparently this is just how they play and is consistent with a town game they played. Like... post doesn't even make sense? I'd think it self-evident Cerb isn't town piling me there and how can you then use that as the basis for anything? This slot is going to be a headache for me to gauge.

If anything, of note is that they mentioned the double voting mechanic twice in and . I'm interested why they were so focused on it?

Cerb

I have absolutely no lean here so far, as I need to see actual substance. I do have to say that the thought has crossed my mind that the low activity from Cerb here could be indicative of low motivation, due to a higher barrier of play. Cerb was in the past as I remember very analytical and methodical in his play, to do so as Scum knowing there's eyes on it takes more energy. It would make sense that a scum Cerb would be less willing to jump in with coachella upcoming than town cerb. This is very much a stretch however, and likely unfair. Not willing to place stock in it, but need to see Cerb in action when he's properly around.

Fate

Hasn't shown up yet.

HPE

The reason why I like Peta so much, as I don't like this slot, and I do like the timing of Peta's vote. Let's break it down:

This slot just keeps popping up, indicating activity and that it's following the game, yet never posts anything of substance. It's all comes across as for show, suspiciously like they want to appear useful but are hesitant to commit to anything that could complicate matters.

Posts , and see it making remarks that give the impression of being involved whilst when dissected, yield no concrete or substantive information as to their current thoughts. and are both for instance, just more nothing burger. Most, if not all the others around then, are more of the same. Peta evidently beat me to it regarding applying pressure, which I liked. Around the time I formed these thoughts in the thread his vote popped up out of nowhere.

I also really don't like post in response to said vote, it is just more empty questioning without providing anything of substance. To then followup with that by criticising Jingle for not having reliable reads in having not provided any themselves, to then LITERALLY in stating they don't have them either whilst just calling a followup wagon vote sheep, is not a good look. I struggle to picture town intent here at this stage of the game, and that makes them my best option to vote right now.

A sidenote, to add here again, is that they too are weirdly obsessed with the double vote but even moreso than Adorable. Posts , and all come back to it.

[post=HPE]HPE[/post]
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:23 pm

Post by wgeurts »

VOTE: HBE

I fucked that lol
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:24 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Also to add, HBE has been actively present all game so it's not that they're not invested. The response to Peta's vote was almost immediate and they've been rather frantic since.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:26 pm

Post by Porkens »

Just read my part. What are you talking about? Where did my townread of peta dissolve?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 91, Jingle wrote:
In post 88, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I think Cerb's posts have been lengthy and wordy but don't have much meat to them & feel vaguely pocket-y of wgeurts
I think if you look at it wogurts actually looks far worse in those interactions. kind of implies wgeurts has the impression of being buddied, but there's no real follow up. It's very much a "look, I'm paranoid of you!" post, but I don't actually see any real paranoia. cerb otoh looks like someone who is reaching out for engagement.

As far as other posts by wgeurtz I disliked, the pressing of Adorable this early is NAGL and the defence of me/undermining peta's push raised my brows.
As promised, getting to this.

I don't genuinely think Cerb was scum-buddying with me, prior to the game starting we were already excited to have the opportunity to play again and have some mafia history together. His post largely read as jest, and I responded with some pomp in turn. By itself, that post is entirely NAI. I am not paranoid of Cerb to put it simply, I'm playing along with them. ^^
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 106, Porkens wrote: I’m asking more philosophically, not directly at you. Do people in general ever have reliable reads on page 5?
Haven’t even read the game btw
In post 107, Porkens wrote: I think that’s fucking correct. And so are you.
These two posts were posted in the same minute. You cannot convince me that was a substantive town read at the time, unless your prior statement wasn't wholly accurate. I would like to know where you currently stand on people right now though?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:30 pm

Post by Porkens »

Like literally you say I’ve contributed nothing but I e literally founded the townblock with petapan.

No it was a substantive townread and inspiration to lockdown until endgame.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:31 pm

Post by Porkens »

It was instantaneous
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor