Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Grimmy »

I would have voted for Rishi. Ill also wait for a claim.

so for now

Fos: Rishi

Grimmy
will post reasons next time (tomorrow/weds)
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

Rishi (4)
- Knight of Cydonia, iamausername, Farkshinsoup, forbiddanlight
andersonw (1)
- camn

Not voting (6) - Flask of Pestilence, Rishi, Elmo, andersonw, Grimmy, Kison

Six
votes to lynch.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by Grimmy »

Rishi wrote: Thanks for letting us know that you're going to continue to not participate in this game. Thanksgiving was a week away when you posted this.
Anything for my second-favorite meerkat.

(only until I get to check out meerkat manor, then you will likely fall furtherdown the list, and as it is, you still fail in comparison to a disney character (Timon Rules!)

Grimmy
ppptthhhhbbbbbtttt
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:05 pm

Post by Kison »

iamausername, you are correct. I misattributed the Farkshinsoup wagon to you, likely because you were the one to bring the point of his random vote to eveyrone's attention. Consider the point retracted.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:07 am

Post by Rishi »

Claim: Felix Gaeta. No special powers.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:41 am

Post by Flask of Pestilence »

iamausername, in his 724, wrote:By my count, Rishi was only at L-2 before that unvote, but whatever.
The mod had it down as seven votes required for a lynch when it should have been six since 11 people are alive. I PM-ed him about it, and he corrected the mistake. That's why it was L-1.

@Kison:
I'm confused by your read of Elmo. Why does the way your predecessor and forbiddanlight went after him make you think he's town? You concluded that you think forbiddanlight is town, and I'm assuming you're not claiming scum here... so yeah, can you elaborate on that please?

Also, what's the deal with your Gunsmith ability? You voted Rishi to place him at L-1, Tarhalindur mentioned that in order to investigate someone, he had to vote the person and then submit an investigation choice, but I haven't seen you take the steps necessary to get an investigation off today. So, uhm, are you lying about your role or not?

One thing I've been thinking about is if Rishi is lynched today as a Cylon of the Cylon Mafia, I would think that would lend further evidence to their being only one scum group here and that would definitely lend more support towards us believing Farkshinsoup's roleblocker claim. I think before the day is over Farkshinsoup should announce in-thread who he's going to be roleblocking during the night that way if he's still killed, at least the person who he said he's going to be roleblocked would be cleared. This of course all assumes we're dealing with one scum group here.

Anyway, those are my thoughts for now.

- Incog.
[ooc][color=black]Don't let the cute, cuddly avatar deceive you.[/color][/ooc]
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Kison »

Flask of Pestilence wrote:
@Kison
: I'm confused by your read of Elmo. Why does the way your predecessor and forbiddanlight went after him make you think he's town? You concluded that you think forbiddanlight is town, and I'm assuming you're not claiming scum here... so yeah, can you elaborate on that please?
I was not trying to point out the significance of
who
was attacking Elmo, but rathre his reaction to the onslaught they threw at him. Me thinking ForbiddanLight is Town(and knowing that I am Town) has little to do with it. Really, though, I've simply liked how Elmo has played thus far and that is the best example of reactions I have found favorable to him.
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:01 am

What about this?:
Flask of Pestilence wrote:Also, what's the deal with your Gunsmith ability? You voted Rishi to place him at L-1, Tarhalindur mentioned that in order to investigate someone, he had to vote the person and then submit an investigation choice, but I haven't seen you take the steps necessary to get an investigation off today. So, uhm, are you lying about your role or not?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Kison »

Sorry. Missed that.

Look, I spent all of the night I posted(where I placed my vote) reading the game, and was pretty tired by the time I was finished(it was 2 or 3 AM). I didn't even realize my vote put Rishi at L-1, seeing as the day had just begun and I had only skimmed over the more recent pages(which I also mentioned in my post). So my vote was not me trying to rush the day to a close, as I am guessing you are viewing as an inconsistency for someone with my ability, rather than me reinforcing the suspicions I stated in my post.
Flask of Pestilence wrote:Tarhalindur mentioned that in order to investigate someone, he had to vote the person and then submit an investigation choice, but I haven't seen you take the steps necessary to get an investigation off today.
Again, I have been in the game for a grand total of 5 days, and
just
caught up a day and a half ago. Are you under the assumption that I should be rushing, here? I have not conclusively decided who I will investigate. When I decide, I will 'take the steps necessary' to make it happen.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by camn »

But if we lynch Rishi.. will it be too late for you?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:44 pm

Kison, in his 733, wrote:Again, I have been in the game for a grand total of 5 days, and
just
caught up a day and a half ago. Are you under the assumption that I should be rushing, here? I have not conclusively decided who I will investigate. When I decide, I will 'take the steps necessary' to make it happen.
That's not my assumption at all. I'm just saying that for someone who supposedly has this role of "Gunsmith who Day-Investigates people after placing a vote on them", it seemed offly quick of you to lay your vote down on Rishi. I would think that someone who has this role that's extremely sensitive to voting would be more careful with his or her votes. I realize you're claiming now that you didn't realize that your vote placed him at L-1, but I don't see why you needed to place it there to begin with even if you were just using your vote to try and assert where you stand at this current time. Also, Patrick pointed out in his 719 that Rishi had reached L-1, but you only unvoted exactly two minutes after I called for someone to unvote. It just sounds kinda sketch.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by Kison »

Camn wrote:But if we lynch Rishi.. will it be too late for you?
Unless I am voting for someone, in which case I'll be forced to investigate the person I am voting so long as I get it in during twilight. Are we rushing to lynch Rishi?
Flask of Pestilence wrote:I'm just saying that for someone who supposedly has this role of "Gunsmith who Day-Investigates people after placing a vote on them", it seemed offly quick of you to lay your vote down on Rishi. I would think that someone who has this role that's extremely sensitive to voting would be more careful with his or her votes. I realize you're claiming now that you didn't realize that your vote placed him at L-1
I can understand how you might find me placing Rishi at L-1 to be sketchy. The only explanation I can give is that I was very focused on reading the game, catching up, and showing where I stood, and that I was tired by the time I was finished and only skimmed the last few pages. I mentioned this in my first post, and yes, I realize this is a lousy explanation. However, beyond that, I can't really argue this.
Flask of Pestilence wrote:but I don't see why you needed to place it there to begin with even if you were just using your vote to try and assert where you stand at this current time.
I view this as good practice. Of course there is no
need
for me to place my vote. But just because I am voting someone now does not mean I cannot later switch my vote when I decide on my investigation, then switch back. When I joined, we were still early Day Two, and the day being rushed hadn't crossed my mind as I was writing up my post.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by andersonw »

Rishi, could you respond to KoC's post 712?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:06 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

andersonw wrote:Rishi, could you respond to KoC's post 712?
This.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Still here, still very busy, I apologize, things should be better soon.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Elmo »

Here.

Waiting.

Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by camn »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:
andersonw wrote:Rishi, could you respond to KoC's post 712?
This.
Regarding 712, since Rishi is so sparse, and to get this game rolling again...I shall give my thoughts.
Now that I look at it again.... I notice that KoC never really answered Rishi's question in 711.

So I will re-phrase:
KoC.. why would it be useful for a Power Role to Claim? A protective role in particular?
You deflected with the counter-claim argument...but let's think it out.

Say there is a Doc. Say he protected someone last night..

@KoC

a) How does this lessen Fark's claim? Fark could easily have RB'ed Rishi-town OR Rishi-scum with OR without a Doc.
b) Does Doc claiming ensure Doc death? Almost always.
c) is his death worth YOUR peace of mind re: Fark??

Please.. answer these questions.

Now normally, if KoC hadn't really proven himself YESTERDAY, I would also be suspecting him because of rolefishing. So Rishi is totally in the right to call out KoC on it, because it is bad play.

Of Course... MAYBE, just MAYBE he is actually VERY clever scum, maybe with a personal axe to grind with Mac? maybe just a Day-1 Bussing kind of guy?
Maybe.

But i doubt it.

So, look... Rishi calling out KoC for fishing is a null-tell. But I am still willing to lynch him. For my previously stated reasons, AND for his SLOW response time this game. He lurked to victory on me once, I won't let that happen again!

But Anderson.. you are still suspect.
@andersonw

What is there in 712 to even respond to?
Why would you stand on such a thin, thin, point?
Do you also want a "counter claim" to Fark? (as if this is an open setup!)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:53 pm

Post by iamausername »

Kison wrote:Are we rushing to lynch Rishi?
I'm not seeing any particular reason to delay it.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:04 am

Post by camn »

One reason.

Kison needs to place his investigation during the day, no?
If night falls before he does it....

Kison: Place a couple random votes on people so I can stop thinking about this!

c
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:13 am

Post by iamausername »

Yeah, I meant besides that, since Kison was asking as a reason not to have done that already.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:14 am

Post by Kison »

I am pretty sure I know who I want to investigate. However, I would like to do one more quick reread before I actually submit it. I'm under the assumption that Rishi is a done deal, so I'll likely
not
be spending it on him.

If you guys could give me until the weekend, that'd be great. I'll do a couple of vote hops so it's not obvious who I selected, but it's pointless to do that now.
camn wrote:Kison: Place a couple random votes on people so I can stop thinking about this!
But but but... I like it when you think about me. :(
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:50 am

Post by Rishi »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Because there was no night kill? We already have a RB claim against you from fark, and I wanted to see if we were going to get a counter-claim - if we had, I'd have probably been more wary of Fark, but as it is, you're already No. 1 on my scum-list.
And I didn't choose to ignore the issue, as you put it - I just ceased asking for a claim. And I didn't ask for all power-roles to claim - I said:
I think that, if we have any other protective roles, we need them to come out now - that's the only way we can build on Fark's claimed block of Rishi.
which was essentially asking for any counter-claim/claimed block of Fark. So thanks for trying to misrep me in order to save your own skin - as if I needed more reasons to string up scum.
Okay, I'll respond to this. First of all, I will concede that you did not ask all power roles to claim, but all protective roles. There is a difference. But, even though you say that the purpose of claims was to verify Fark's claim, that's not what you said. You specifically asked for all protective roles to claim, not for a counterclaim.

After people agreed it was a bad play, you IGNORED the issue. I don't see the difference between saying that you stopped asking for a claim and ignoring the issue. Maybe you could illuminate me as to what the difference is. People pointed out scummy behavior that you made and you never answer the questions. You either ignore them or act all incredulous. This means you're either hiding something or you're too thin-skinned to be playing this game.

And how am I saving my own skin? My lynch is nearly inevitable at this point. All I am doing is pointing out some of your scummy behavior so that when I turn up town that people might focus their attention back on you.

And, remember, this isn't the first time you asked for a claim. Maybe you think people have forgotten about this little gem here:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:
ALL CYLONS, CLAIM MAKE AND MODEL NOW. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL BE INTERPRETED AS A MAJOR SCUMTELL.
Lovely.
camn wrote:@KoC
a) How does this lessen Fark's claim? Fark could easily have RB'ed Rishi-town OR Rishi-scum with OR without a Doc.
b) Does Doc claiming ensure Doc death? Almost always.
c) is his death worth YOUR peace of mind re: Fark??

Please.. answer these questions.

Now normally, if KoC hadn't really proven himself YESTERDAY, I would also be suspecting him because of rolefishing. So Rishi is totally in the right to call out KoC on it, because it is bad play.
THIS.
Kison wrote:
camn wrote: Kison: Place a couple random votes on people so I can stop thinking about this!

But but but... I like it when you think about me.
Hey, I'm the one who is supposed to be flirting with camn. Except I was scum in our last game and she still hasn't forgiven me. Right now I'm just giving her some space.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by destructor »

forbiddanlight and Grimmy have been prodded.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Again, Rishi, you're interpreting my requests for specific claims/counter-claims as requests for mass claims. Asking Cylons to claim make and model would have helped me work on who to target my ability. As it is, I didn't get that info, but I got lucky on ML.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Rishi »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Again, Rishi, you're interpreting my requests for specific claims/counter-claims as requests for mass claims. Asking Cylons to claim make and model would have helped me work on who to target my ability. As it is, I didn't get that info, but I got lucky on ML.
And once again, KoC, you pick up on a relatively minor part of the argument against you and ignore the rest.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”