Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

destructor wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Wait...what's not true? The questions I have with your play?
The way you describe my play. Your case falls apart if this is not true.
Um...the way I described your play is completly accurate, as far as I can see.

Frankly, I'm not sure why you're making such a big deal about this; I'm not even trying to make a case that we should lynch you today or anything, at least not at the moment; I just want to understand the reasons behind your actions.
Yos wrote:By the way, is there a reason you still haven't actually answered my question? I've asked it like 3 times now, and you keep changing the subject.
Why I changed my vote? I've already explained that.
Not really, no, you didn't. And that wasn't quite my question; you even quoted my question, but you didn't answer it; you said something about how you were already suspicious of Korts, but that dosn't actually answer the question.

So, let me repeat myself:
Ok. At one point, you were voting for CKD over Korts, which (I assume) means you thought CKD was scummer then Korts at that moment in time.

Then CKD voted himself; combined with the guardian kill, this put him at lynch -1.

After this point, you for some reason were happier voting Korts over CKD, which (I assume) means you now thought Korts scummier then CKD. You also did not continue to persue or attack CKD in any of your posts after this point.

This is the thing I can't understand, since I would normally consider someone self-voting would make them more scummy in my eyes, not less. Was there some other factor that made you decide after that point that Korts was scummier then CKD, or am I missing something, or what?
Or, to break it down even farther:

1. While you were voting CKD, did you think CKD was scummier then Korts?

2. Now that you are voting Korts, do you think that he is scummier then CKD?

3. If the answer to both 1 and 2 is yes, then what changed your mind?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by vollkan »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
vollkan wrote:Right...but if that is what you meant, why is DGB pro-town for it?

I mean, stirring up reactions is something that scum has an enormous motivation to do - it serves as a means of triggering town errors.
Triggering TOWN errors??? Ugh? Townies don't have to make things up, they are far far less likely to trip on their own shoelaces than scumbags.

Speaking of trying to confuse people.

You're scum.
It doesn't logically follow from the fact that townies are "less likely to trip up on their own shoelaces" (I agree with you on this, btw) that scum don't have a motivation for trying. Scum win by mislynches, and mislynches can be achieved by causing town to trip up.
Korts wrote: That's a stance that I can understand. I still hold that town is slightly more motivated to provoke reactions. I guess it comes down to a difference in ideology.
Right, but:
Korts wrote:Ok, let me elaborate on that gut feel after all.
DGBscum doesn't have any motive to be elbows deep in shit
while she mimes scumhunting. DGB's actions so far have been pro-town, therefore I have no reason to suspect her. Why are you trying to dig any deeper when what we're discussing is a town read on someone? I'm thinking rofl has a point here; you are either trying to dissuade me from my read on DGB because you don't like town eliminating other town as suspects, or the other possibility, you are trying to figure out how to appear more pro-town in my eyes (although this second possibility assumes that you give a shit about my opinion).
Then RR asks:
RR wrote: Where are you seeing DGB elbows deep in shit? Are we even reading the same game? She's under no pressure at all...
You reply:
Korts wrote: You misunderstand me. When I said "elbows deep in shit" I was saying that she's not afraid to stir up shit with her bare hands, as in fishing for emotions, reactions etc.
Me:
vollkan wrote: Right...but if that is what you meant, why is DGB pro-town for it?

I mean, stirring up reactions is something that scum has an enormous motivation to do - it serves as a means of triggering town errors. Town can do it also, of course, so it's ultimately a nulltell.
And then your post quoted at top.

What's my point? We go from the very strong point of "DGBscum doesn't have any motive to be elbows deep in shit" to "Town is slightly more motivated to provoke reactions". When I pressed you to explain yourself, you directly contradicted your earlier point.
Yos wrote: What problems with my initial vote?
It being a gut L-1 vote.
Yos wrote: Do you really have a problem with me voting for someone and not explaining all the reason why I did so right away? Because that's a common tactic I use to get the most useful reactions. Usually, I wait for the person I voted for to respond to the initial vote, and then I go into more details. And as of the time of your attack on me, he had not yet responded to my initial vote. (Unless you count "voting for himself" as a response.)
I don't have a problem with delaying for sake of generating reactions in principle, but you should see the difficulty here - if we take it at face value that people can justify a non-reasoned vote by simply saying "Oh, I was waiting to see", then that would be bad from a policy perspective.

In light of this, let me try a different tact: What did you hope to achieve by not explaining your vote?
Yos wrote: Go back and show me the post where you think Destructor was in some way trying to put pressure on me to get me to explain my CKD post, or where he was putting pressure on me for "gut voting" in order to get me to explain my vote, or whatever, and quote it. Because as far as I can see, there wasn't one.
The first time was here:
Des wrote: More to the point, I still find it inconsistent that you're saying one thing of all of rofl's play makes him second most worthy of your vote. By the standards you've explained to us, isn't Yos' gut vote on ckd worse? rofl made a perceptibly casual mention of Sens as a suspect but Yos voted for a player without an explanation that went further than gut, saying he was happy to leave him at L-1. Why aren't you asking Yos to quantify his read of ckd as you're asking rofl to do of Sens?
That was addressed to me, but his perspective on your vote becomes clear. That said, it's an odd way to broach the subject - Des doesn't directly challenge your CKD vote, instead he almost challenges me to challenge your vote.
Yos wrote: Why do you keep bringing up the lynch -1 thing here?

There seems to be a running theme here that people are insisting that if someone gets to lynch -1, everyone should suddenly unvote him and abandon the bandwagon. If my vote was legitimate when I cast it (and you didn't have any problem with it then, and neither did destuctor; in fact, you both agreed with me at the time that he looked scummy and were both voting for him), then I'm not going to unvote while he's lurking, and I'm not going to unvote while he's voting himself.

Are you really buying into this whole "if someone gets to lynch -1 you should unvote him" garbage Destructor is pushing here? I was voting CKD because I thought he was more likely to be scum then anyone else, and I expect to keep voting him until he or someone else changes my mind about him, until someone else looks scummier, or unless he dies. Him being at lynch -1 changes nothing.
I certainly don't think wagons should be necessarily abandoned at L-1. My problem with L-1 here is basically that you cast a vote which wasn't apparently based on anything at all other than gut. By your precedent, there is nothing then stopping a hammer occurring with the same lack of detailed explanation.
Yos wrote: [quote"V"] In any event, that point needn't be contested here, because it's a huge leap in logic to say that, just because some gut agreement can be a towntell that some gut disagreement is a scumtell. Smart, reasonable people do disagree as town. OMGUS is a logical fallacy for this very reason - townies can disagree about what is scummy, so the fact that somebody finds your actions scummy doesn't necessarily make them scum.
Oh, I often disagree with people about who looks scummy, but that's not what I said. I said that when a pro-town person says they find someone scummy, I can usually at least UNDERSTAND why they might think that, no matter if I agree with it or not. So, yes; the "gut" vote he made there on ROFL at a time when he looked very pro-town to me was a big part of the reason I had a weird feeling about him.
[/quote]

I still don't see how that makes CKD scummy. In essence, you had a gut disagreement with him on ROFL. Different players; different perspectives. From your position, it might well have looked "weird" that you two would disagree so much but, again, without knowing the reasons why CKD disagreed I find it difficult to see how you can then presume that CKD is disagreeing with you because he is scum.
Yos wrote: You can attack me for my reasons if you want. But you haven't, in any way that makes sense. You seem to understand why a change in playstyle can be a scumtell; you seem to understand how I would think he wasn't really scumhunting. All you're really attacking me for is that you seem to think my reasons are "too weak" to constitue a vote, which is an absurd argument unless you can present a logically stronger case on someone else. (Hint: you haven't.)
I'm not attacking you for any quantitative weakness in your reasons.

Disagreement on ROFL and a change in playstyle both "could" be reasons to justify suspicion. The problem I have with your case is that the logic is basically:
1) Player X does Y
2) Y can sometimes be scummy
3) Thus, Player X is scummy

(As an example, consider the application of this logic to OMGUS:
1) Player X does Y, where Y = "Attacks me"
2) People who "attack me" can sometimes be scummy
3) Thus, Player X is scummy)

You've pointed to "Ys" (the ROFL disagreement and the style shift), but nothing you've presented really explains how either is scummy.
Yos wrote: Well, the biggest difference between a pro-town person and a scum at the early stage of the game is that a pro-town person is really looking for scum, and a scum is not. And fundimentally, CKD's posts there made me think he was not. It even sounds like you agree with my conclusion there, that it didn't look like he was actually scumhunting in any real way (although I'm not sure why you think he "thought it was legit"). So, I'm not sure how you can agree with that but then not understand how that is a scumtell.
I agree with the conclusion that CKD was doing weak scumhunting, but as I said, that seemed to be the norm at that stage. When I voted CKD, it was because he drew a double-standard by saying that he could hunt weakly, but others couldn't.

(And the reason I say he "thought it was legit" was his rebuttal post to me, where he argued that he was simply making an early game case)
Yos wrote: I "cast" a L-1 vote? Um, no, I did not. When I cast my vote, it was not lynch -1. And I'm sure as hell never ever under any circumstances going to unvote someone just because he self voted.

Again, this is the thing you keep coming back to, and it makes zero sense. How does him putting himself at lynch -1 change anything? Are we now required to strech day 1 out to make it last a full month these days no matter what happens, or what?
Sorry, I completely misworded there. What I meant was that you had your vote on CKD when he was at L-1.

Him putting himself at L-1 changes things because it opens the way for a hammer (see my precedent point above). At that point, there should have either been unvote or elaboration from you.
Yos wrote: "No means of discerning my alignment"? Really? Just because I didn't go into detail about all the reasons for my vote the instant I voted?
Yeah. Townies can disagree about people being scummy, so reasons become the lynchpin of determining alignment. If no reasons are provided, your alignment is shrouded.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Elmo »

Yosarian2 wrote:Ok. I'm not actually going to have any real logic behind most of this, so don't expect it, but based on my readthrough: {...} Based on some weird feelings I got from them earlier, I'm currently trying to decide between a CKD vote and a Guardian vote. (shrug) vote:curiouskarmadog
This doesn't look like "I have reasons which I am withholding for now". This looks like "I have no real logic and I'm basing my vote on some weird feelings", which is only negligibly different from "idk, gut". Which I have no problem with, but one is not the other.

Especially, I find it invidious to say "Wow, people were saying my reasons were just gut! That's really weird - they must be CKD's scumbuddies!" where, really, that's a very natural interpretation of that post. I mean, even if (somehow) that's not what you meant, the misperception is pretty easy to make, no?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

vollkan is selectively attacking people on my townie list. Is that any surprise, given that he's scum?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I'm about to go to bed, so I'm not going to do a full line-by-line response to Volkan's latest essay right now, but let me just say this for the moment
vollkan wrote: Him putting himself at L-1 changes things because it opens the way for a hammer (see my precedent point above). At that point, there should have either been unvote or elaboration from you.
I don't think him putting himself at lynch -1 does either of those things. If he puts himself in range of being hammered, why should that make me want to unvote him? You and destuctor keep saying that, but I still don't accept that as a legitimate reason to unvote someone in basically any circumstances.

As for elaboration; I did elaborate at this point. I said this.
Yosarian2 wrote: Also, not really sure what CKD thinks he's accomplishing with the self vote, but it dosn't really make me want to unvote him.
He voted himself in response to pressure, while giving absolutly no other defense at all. Do I really need any more reason then that to keep my vote on him?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Elmo wrote: Especially, I find it invidious to say "Wow, people were saying my reasons were just gut! That's really weird - they must be CKD's scumbuddies!" where, really, that's a very natural interpretation of that post. I mean, even if (somehow) that's not what you meant, the misperception is pretty easy to make, no?
That was never really my point. (Although, looking back, I did say something like that the 4'th or 5'th time I had to explain myself on the same point; I shouldn't let myself get frustrated like that.) It was more like...it didn't feel like destructor or Volkan was trying to examine the CKD bandwagon (especally since they were both just on it); it felt more like they were trying to change the subject. This whole "gut or not gut" thing is really largely a semantic debate (especally since "gut" is such a vauge term anyway), and I should never have let myself be drawn into it.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:15 pm

Post by Korts »

vollkan wrote:What's my point? We go from the very strong point of "DGBscum doesn't have any motive to be elbows deep in shit" to "Town is slightly more motivated to provoke reactions". When I pressed you to explain yourself, you directly contradicted your earlier point.
You raised a legitimate point as to what motivation scum would have to do the same. That led me to change my opinion slightly. See the word "still" in the first quote. That implies that my stance didn't change completely, only my conviction was weakened.
scumchat never die
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:56 am

Post by populartajo »

populartajo wrote:Quick posting to tell you that this thread needs more CKD's lynch.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 am

Post by roflcopter »

DrippingGoofball wrote:vollkan is selectively attacking people on my townie list. Is that any surprise, given that he's scum?
vollkan is also trying way, way, way too hard to stop the ckd wagon. so yeah, you're right, vollkan is scum.

yos is also winning the argument hands down.

populartajo is right, this thread needs more ckd lynch
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:20 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Korts wrote:The bolded part is BS. Me not having a reason to suspect her doesn't meant she's been pro-town specifically, just that she hasn't been scummy. Her being pro-town does, however, mean that I don't have a reason to suspect her.
You've
no reason
to suspect her > none of her actions are worthy of any sort of suspicion > "her actions so far have been pro town"
Korts wrote:I did later concede that point, but at the time of my vote, it wasn't clear whether BM was just being boneheaded about it or purposefully misrepping. And purposeful misrepping I see as a valid premise for a vote.
But you yourself admit it wasn't clear, and it a disagreement about the use of tenses is a very minor point anyways and not worthy of a vote.

Once you conceded it, both this and the connection with Guardian were no longer viable. Why didn't you unvote at that time, than?
Korts wrote:What? That's BS. You're completely missing the point. I wasn't "digging deeper into the town read"--there wasn't a stated town read. I was accusing BM of subtly implying the notion that Guardian is town. I never asked BM to clarify on his read.
There totally was a stated town read, subtle differences aside. What it seemed to me you said in response to BM's questioning was "it's worthless digging in to a town read" - in other words, town reads aren't good scumtells. You then used BM's town read on Guardian as a scumtell.
Korts wrote:I'll say it again. The thing that convinced me wasn't that you followed up on your gut case, but the fact that you followed up with such a weak case and invalid points, and seemingly only for the sake of staying consistent with your apparent "bad feeling" regarding me.
So any case made against you which you find weak is cause for a vote? I'd consider the earlier gut read a pro town sign in this case, if anything.
Yos wrote:Ok, you need to explain it to me, then.

Under what circumstances would someone putting themself at lynch -1 convince you to unvote them and instead push a different bandwagon? Because, personally, I can not think of ANY situation when I would do that as a pro-town person.
Des explained that perfectly well imo, he had two candidates for a vote and preffered switching to prevent a L-1 situation relatively early in the day. I don't get why you try to make it my responsibility to defend him.

Don't get what's the hurry about CKD's lynch.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:35 am

If CKD flips scum, I doubt that RR is his buddy. If fact RR is probably town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Adel »

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚
votecount as of post 510

with 13 alive, 7 will lynch before deadline

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

¬curiouskarmadog:
:roflcopter, Yosarian2, DrippingGoofball, populartajo
Korts:
:Battle Mage, Elmo, destructor, Raging Rabbit
Yosarian2:
:Kison, vollkan
Battle Mage:
:SensFan
DrippingGoofball:
:curiouskarmadog
Raging Rabbit:
:Korts

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
none

Day 1's deadline is December 6th at 16:46(UTC)

Countdown timer to deadline
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:52 am

List of chikenshite scumbags afraid to jump on a wagon:

Kison*
vollkan***
SensFan*
curiouskarmadog***
Korts***

*Already identified as 'ambiguous' by yours truly.
***Already identified as scum by yours truly.

The last scumbag on my list, BM, is bus'ing Korts, too.

Gawd I'm good.

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Korts »

Why would I jump a wagon that I don't fully understand?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:14 am

Post by Korts »

RR wrote:You've no reason to suspect her > none of her actions are worthy of any sort of suspicion > "her actions so far have been pro town"
That's a stretch between the second and third links.
RR wrote:But you yourself admit it wasn't clear, and it a disagreement about the use of tenses is a very minor point anyways and not worthy of a vote.

Once you conceded it, both this and the connection with Guardian were no longer viable. Why didn't you unvote at that time, than?
Because I didn't see any better place for my vote.
RR wrote:There totally was a stated town read, subtle differences aside. What it seemed to me you said in response to BM's questioning was "it's worthless digging in to a town read" - in other words, town reads aren't good scumtells. You then used BM's town read on Guardian as a scumtell.
There was no stated town read! Show me where BM explicitly stated that he has a town read on Guardian before my accusation. My beef was with the implicit suggestion. You are blatantly ignoring my points and restating yours.
RR wrote:So any case made against you which you find weak is cause for a vote? I'd consider the earlier gut read a pro town sign in this case, if anything.
When the case seems to have been made for the sole purpose of following up on a stated read, I think the conviction in it deserves to be tested. The gut read is at best a null-tell.
scumchat never die
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:26 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Korts wrote:Because I didn't see any better place for my vote.
Meh, I'd still unvote or at least state that I no longer find him suspicious. Plus your case on him was really weird to begin with.
Korts wrote:There was no stated town read! Show me where BM explicitly stated that he has a town read on Guardian before my accusation. My beef was with the implicit suggestion. You are blatantly ignoring my points and restating yours.
You are correct, I misread you. Now that I understand what you were saying, there isn't a contradiction with your read on DGB but the point itself is really reaching.

Korts wrote:When the case seems to have been made for the sole purpose of following up on a stated read, I think the conviction in it deserves to be tested. The gut read is at best a null-tell.
In your situation, assuming that you're town, a "weak" case that came out of nowhere would look worse to me than a "weak" case based on an ealier expressed gut - the case can be explained as the townie trying to follow up on his feeling, and not doing too well. I don't see how this is a town tell.

My case may not be very formidable looking, but I dislike the reasoning for your BM vote, disliked that you stayed on him despite conceding your case, and dislike you voting me just for finding my case weak - you've yet to even bother showing what in it is an actual scumtell, contradictory, or indicative of it being contrived. Since my bad gut also still very much stand, so does my vote.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:56 am

STRATEGY FOR TOWNIES:

Now that Korts and CKD are head-to-head, and all the scum except BM is off-wagon, let's not move our votes and check out the scum's moves. They may hesitate because they are picking between two scumbags.

STRATEGY FOR SCUMBAGS:

Check your PM's to remind yourself of who the Godfather is. If it's CKD, vote for Korts, and vice-versa.

STRATEGY FOR VOLLKAN aka SK:

I dunno, you're on your own.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DrippingGoofball wrote: STRATEGY FOR SCUMBAGS:

Check your PM's to remind yourself of who the Godfather is. If it's CKD, vote for Korts, and vice-versa.
What if it's neither? :o

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:08 am

Battle Mage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote: STRATEGY FOR SCUMBAGS:

What if it's neither? :o

BM
Then vote yourself, because assuming 3 scum, and using a simple process of elimination, you'd be the GF.

Thanks for asking.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:11 am

But BM, you're already bus'ing a scumbuddy... never mind. It's OK if you're the Godfather, you can bus either buddy, we don't care. So my advice that you vote yourself is incorrect. Sorry about that.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:But BM, you're already bus'ing a scumbuddy... never mind. It's OK if you're the Godfather, you can bus either buddy, we don't care. So my advice that you vote yourself is incorrect. Sorry about that.
ok awesome. As Korts is obvscum, and i'm being co-operative, why dont you hop on the largest wagon?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Korts »

RR wrote:In your situation, assuming that you're town, a "weak" case that came out of nowhere would look worse to me than a "weak" case based on an ealier expressed gut - the case can be explained as the townie trying to follow up on his feeling, and not doing too well. I don't see how this is a town tell.
I assume you mean scumtell. And I see your point. It's just that I felt you made the case solely because you felt you needed to follow up on your stated read with a however weak case. Do you agree that making a very weak case and pushing it anyway is scummy?

Backing up a little and considering the whole of our argument, though, I agree with you that my vote was on a very weak premise.

unvote

I'll be looking for a good place for my vote starting this weekend, I have a lot to do, sorry. I'll review the CKD wagon, because I don't understand all the hype.
Battle Mage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:But BM, you're already bus'ing a scumbuddy... never mind. It's OK if you're the Godfather, you can bus either buddy, we don't care. So my advice that you vote yourself is incorrect. Sorry about that.
ok awesome. As Korts is obvscum, and i'm being co-operative, why dont you hop on the largest wagon?

BM
Elaborate? Give me something to defend.
scumchat never die
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:08 pm

Battle Mage wrote:ok awesome. As Korts is obvscum, and i'm being co-operative, why dont you hop on the largest wagon?
I do believe I'm already voting for one of the two present top contenders.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:06 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:ok awesome. As Korts is obvscum, and i'm being co-operative, why dont you hop on the largest wagon?
I do believe I'm already voting for one of the two present top contenders.
if you switch your vote, you will join a larger wagon, in Korts. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:02 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Korts wrote:I assume you mean scumtell.
Yup.
Korts wrote:Do you agree that making a very weak case and pushing it anyway is scummy?
Anti town yes, scummy not necassarily. Especially when said "weak case" is against you, because everyone's inclined to consider the majority of points raised against them weak. So I wouldn't consider it scummy unless I had reason to think the case was dishonest, or so extremely weak I can't see how that could possibly be means for a vote - which I don't think applies to my case on you.

I think you were just comfortable with OMGUSing me to have a more convincing place for your vote than BM and possibly pressure me into taking my vote away.

What do you make of elmo and des' votes on you?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”