Mini 2297 | Conception | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Abnegation »

In post 99, Rautherdir wrote: Well. Guess it depends on how any cops or similar we have work. If it's just non-invocation or invocation then we can't check it at all.
i’m assuming there’s something that can differentiate.
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:11 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 38, Hell Froze Over wrote:
In post 37, IceDragon70 wrote: I know nobody can touch me.
Why, sure can, whatch me. VOTE: Dragon

No tagbacks.

~b
I'm touched by this gesture of friendship!
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:12 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 40, ActionDan wrote:
In post 26, IceDragon70 wrote: Also it did but only because I voted you
In post 31, IceDragon70 wrote: Also, we haven't actually left RVS
Which is it atm?
Probably the latter at the time you posted that, but IDK about now because there's 2 new pages.
Feelin' frosty
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:13 am

Post by Rautherdir »

If that claim is true actually that does make them town I'd say, that doesn't sound like a role that scum would have. Though... any public attempt to clear them would likely get them night killed, and action economy of two nights to confirm them as town is a bit suspect, as mentioned.
Alt of Theta Alpine
"Night Kills are a form of cult cop"
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:15 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 98, The Keeper wrote:You raise it simply to say to leave it?
Pretty much. With a claim like this, I expect corroborating evidence to turn up sooner or later - such as the presence of a cop who can get those reads as results.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:15 am

Post by Rautherdir »

An odd/even night godfather that shows as the... other informed minority instead of town just really doesn't make sense for scum to have.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:20 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 103, Rautherdir wrote:Though... any public attempt to clear them would likely get them night killed, and action economy of two nights to confirm them as town is a bit suspect, as mentioned.
It might only take one. Imagine for example if Abnegation was actually Benediction, and got investigated on night one, or any other odd night. Claim instantly blown out of the water.
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:21 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 69, Enchant wrote: I think it's not more letter eating like "scum not scum" it's more that you assume that one of teams could benefit town which is not assumption commonly made.
I disagree, when I first saw the teams (in the OP) I was thinking it's probably about a coin toss on whether or Benediction can win with town, and it's clear Malediction can't.
Of course this might be incorrect due to bastard element of mod misdirection, but there's a reason I claimed Benediction and not Malediction in my opening post.
I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that there's a
possibility
of Benediction being able to benefit town.
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:22 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 70, Rautherdir wrote: I would say that we should definitely act as if they are a threat to town on day 1 when we are without further information. Doesn't stop me from presenting the possibility of it being otherwise, I'm just wondering why you specifically went with green colored role card as a scum claim instead of going red colored role card.
Agreed.
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:25 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 78, ActionDan wrote:
@Mod: Is it public knowledge that disciples of benediction are threats to town

There.

I think it's pretty obvious that they are considering we're playing mafia, a game pitting uninformed majorities against informed minorities.

The stretch to entertain the idea they aren't reads to me as a possible play to fake a dumb not-benediction faction tell more than honest concern.
So why aren't you voting Rautherdir?
Feelin' frosty
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:25 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 106, Feysal wrote:
In post 103, Rautherdir wrote:Though... any public attempt to clear them would likely get them night killed, and action economy of two nights to confirm them as town is a bit suspect, as mentioned.
It might only take one. Imagine for example if Abnegation was actually Benediction, and got investigated on night one, or any other odd night. Claim instantly blown out of the water.
Well, yeah. I'm making the assumption that they are what they say they are in saying that. If it turns out to be wrong then of course, that makes things much simpler.

Which does raise a point, probably better for any cops that get results like Benediction/Not Benediction or Malediction/Not Malediction to investigate on the night that is claimed to get the Not Benediction or Not Malediction result
Alt of Theta Alpine
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:27 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 81, Rautherdir wrote: But then again I didn't notice the flavour on alignment thing in setup so. If I'd seen that I'd have gone with the assumption that they are indeed scum and waited til day 2 when more information from public night actions is available to present it as a possibility depending on what happened.
I think the whole point of this setup is that there's no "town" and "scum", because the uninformed majority is actually "neutral" in the struggle between good and evil (judging by the fact that we're colored Ike third parties and Benediction is colored like town).
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:29 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 83, furtiveglance wrote: It is public knowledge, read the setup post

Benediction and Malediction are different non town factions
Yes they are different factions, but they could be technically benign groupscum (like the pirates in abloaf).
however considering that Invocations is not even "good", I don't think that a "good" faction is benign towards us.
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:32 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 86, Feysal wrote:
In post 57, Rautherdir wrote:I will say my role name sounds much more powerful then the actual ability actually is. I'm actually not sure at all how to use my role to any benefit, though it is role madness so uh... maybe there's some use to even something like what I have?
You're not the only one. And I have seen the most useless roles turning out to be very beneficial in the end.
In post 69, Enchant wrote:I think it's not more letter eating like "scum not scum" it's more that you assume that one of teams could benefit town which is not assumption commonly made.
Given the name Benediction for the green team, this is an understandable assumption though. But I think this is exactly why we were told not to rely on flavor. I have been in games where good and evil did not match with town and scum factions, and this looks like one of them.

I have only ever seen one informed minority that was actually compatible with the town. But the twist was that they
were
still threats to the town, but they did not realize it. I figured it out because I was a serial killer in that game, and my win condition was weird too. We managed to organize a shared victory between town and all third parties, but when one of them found out I was right about us being considered threats, he blew up in a way that got him modkilled.
In post 78, ActionDan wrote:The stretch to entertain the idea they aren't reads to me as a possible play to fake a dumb not-benediction faction tell more than honest concern.
I disagree. If memory serves, this kind of confusion usually comes from an uninformed perspective, therefore Rautherdir probably is town.

By the way - it was not Enchant who associated green with claiming scum in the first place. They were echoing Dragon, who did it first.
Care to link that game btw? Sounds like a really weird game but a fun read.
Feelin' frosty
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:33 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 111, IceDragon70 wrote:
In post 81, Rautherdir wrote: But then again I didn't notice the flavour on alignment thing in setup so. If I'd seen that I'd have gone with the assumption that they are indeed scum and waited til day 2 when more information from public night actions is available to present it as a possibility depending on what happened.
I think the whole point of this setup is that there's no "town" and "scum", because the uninformed majority is actually "neutral" in the struggle between good and evil (judging by the fact that we're colored Ike third parties and Benediction is colored like town).
I realized that later, yeah. Invocation is neutral, Malediction is evil, Benediction is good. The question then is... We can likely presume this is a fight between Malediction and Benediction, but then what about Invocation? We can probably assume that Malediction doesn't have the best interests for Invocation, Benediction is perhaps more in the air.
(A situation where this is literally a fight between Malediction and Benediction, and Invocation is literally just the third party with a survivor like win con in the end is amusing to me but I don't think that's the case, I assume there is in fact threats to Invocation based on our win con, we'd literally have already won if there aren't any threats.)
Alt of Theta Alpine
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:39 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 113, IceDragon70 wrote:Care to link that game btw? Sounds like a really weird game but a fun read.
Wizards at the Sorcerers' Den
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:41 am

Post by Enchant »

Benediction is bad because mafia is not about happiness, but psychological torture.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Hugir »

In post 95, Feysal wrote: Meanwhile, we have all pretty much ignored Abnegation claiming miller. Not sure what to make of it, except that claiming it right at the start is generally the right play. This is multiball though, and her claim could make either scum team suspect her of belonging to the other, potentially exposing her to nightkills. Leaving this alone for now.
That miller is a town claim. If he claimed a regular miller I would’ve been more skeptical.

So IC + miller claim means two locktowns for me.
Maybe finally I’ll have an easy game for once?
I’d say that Rau or whatever is town too but I guess since this is multiball or something it really technically makes sense for non-benediction
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:01 am

Post by Abnegation »

i’m a she, but yes.
idk why i claim that if it isn’t true. all you have to do is check me on the wrong night.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:03 am

Post by Hugir »

Oh mb I read it wrong
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:03 am

Post by Abnegation »

how many evils do we think we’re looking for? 2v2v9? 2v3v8 if one faction is benign scum?
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:03 am

Post by Abnegation »

i guess if they’re benign scum they aren’t evil but you know what i mean.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:08 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Still tempted to claim so that I can get info on how to even use my role effectively. I probably shouldn't so that I can be one of the less critical roles to eat a night kill but. I can just try to be town to eat a night kill instead soooo actually let me just claim.

I am a manifestation of Confirmation. I have the option to target a player each night to check if my action was successful.

I have no idea how this is even useful, and not even sure what the role is even called normally if it is an actual defined role in the wiki. Closest I could find was Visitor, but none of the modifiers function in a way to make it work like that.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:11 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 120, Abnegation wrote: how many evils do we think we’re looking for? 2v2v9? 2v3v8 if one faction is benign scum?
Sounds about right. Maybe 2&7v4 if we have a faction that can win with Invocation.

In the very hypothetical scenario that both Benediction and Malediction aren't antagonistic to Invocation then I'd say probably 3v3v7 but uhhh Invocation's win con would already have been met in that case so I'm gonna say that isn't the situation we are in.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:13 am

Post by Hugir »

Y’all rule #1 of multiball is that we next expect non-town to be beneficial.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”