Mini 2293: Death Note. Postgame!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:51 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 624, Gimli wrote:
In post 623, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
What makes you suddenly think me a follower? Because this one won't vote Kawaii with you?
yeah you're weird about kawaii
And do you have an
actual
case against me or is it just your undying confidence that Kawaii is Kira speaking?
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Gimli »

its my undying confidence that kawaii is kira and me adjusting everything else to this worldview

as I said I'll reeval once it flips and the game doesn't end.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

The game will not end if Kawaii is elim'd, I'm pretty sure.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Lorne Malvo
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:16 pm

Post by Lorne Malvo »

I'm a big fan of Vander, he is my second townread
Lorne Malvo
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by Lorne Malvo »

I'm leaning towards "the game won't end when Kawaii flips", but I'll vote them anyway
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:39 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

i don't know if i buy the whole gambit thing, it seems very contrived. turning it around to a scumread onto gimli also seems bad, i guess i don't get how someone catching you for playing scummy makes them scum.
In post 418, KawaiiKame wrote: Scumreading me is not scummy in itself, I feel town would find my play scummy, I do not trust Gimli's motivation, seems like he's following the red herring I set up in the beginning, pivoting away from Kokichi to me, I see why Gimli towns Kokichi, but I don't see why Gimli used the thinnest piece of evidence, my own self-admission of how I'd play Kira and build a complete case upon it when I happen to play the same way being away, feels opportunistic
i disagree with this in particular. i don't know that that's a thin piece of evidence and don't know what you were expecting if you're town.
In post 432, Gimli wrote: if i'm detective or assistant then I still want props from getting the rest of it right:

1. Detective - mala
2. Assistant - STD
3. Taskforce Member - vander
4. Taskforce Member - meg
5. Taskforce Member - gimli
6. Taskforce Member - lorne
7. Taskforce Member - HPE
8. Kira Follower - black
9. Kira Follower - kokichi
10. Kira - kawaii
this is dangerous but i see it coming from town!gimli genuinely taking a guess at the game, not trying to reveal PRs.
In post 438, Gimli wrote: I am going to give the entirety of my strength to flipping kawaii
this initially gave me pause because it's almost anti-spewy but after thinking about it gimli has given reads on other people.

meanwhile i feel like kawaii has still had a minimal presence mostly just talking about how lorne and gimli are connected and arguing over a joke lorne made. im not really confident kawaii is hunting, it doesn't look good to me.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:40 pm

...but i'll wait to vote because i don't want people thinking i quickhammer
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:46 pm

i feel like black is wound a little tightly
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:48 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 622, Kokichi Oma wrote: Is it weird that I disagree with all of Vander's takes but I think he's town just cause of the way he's going about them.
I am town so that half is a good read!
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:49 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 627, Kokichi Oma wrote: The game will not end if Kawaii is elim'd, I'm pretty sure.
Why?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:51 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 629, Lorne Malvo wrote: I'm leaning towards "the game won't end when Kawaii flips", but I'll vote them anyway
I think there's a pretty decent chance the game doesn't end, Kawaii could still easily be a follower.
Based on the resistance to flipping Kawaii I think that's less likely, but still possible.
But I'm more confident on Kawaii being scum than being specifically Kira.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 634, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 627, Kokichi Oma wrote: The game will not end if Kawaii is elim'd, I'm pretty sure.
Why?
Because I think he's town
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by Black »

In post 632, Save The Dragons wrote: i feel like black is wound a little tightly
I won't disagree
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:32 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 636, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 634, Vanderscamp wrote:
Why?
Because I think he's town
Can you explain why?
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:37 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 480, Gimli wrote: HPE, to kawaii's post you think is excellent, let me respond to that then:
In post 447, KawaiiKame wrote:
Why pursue me if you feel weird casing me? What more do we need? We need more than this, Idek the people you listing, circumstantial evidence, why does me playing like people Idek implicate me? Like wtf? I'm in confusion, this case you have against me is completely circumstantial, I say I'd fade away and become a non-entity as Kira and I happen to fade away and become a non entity, meaning I'm Kira? Me playing the way I say I'd play Kira only means I
might
be Kira, me being away is not evidence I am Kira, it only increases the likelihood of me being Kira. How tf does me saying I'd fade away and become a non-entity as Kira, only to fade away and become a non-entity help me
fade away and become a non-entity
, you noticed me being gone because of what I said, me drawing attention to myself like that achieves the opposite of me fading away, in fact it made me an entity by causing me to come back when you called out my red-herring, I like the call out, showed you had a town mindset, but now you're being overconfident tunneling me on pure circumstance, if I assume good faith. If I assume bad faith, you're Kira pursuing the easiest kill without having to write my name in the Death Note
the newbie that just ended had kawaii making some 400 posts. while that's not enough to scumcase someone, its clear from kawaii's posts that they're having a hard time producing content. other than pushing me and defending themselves, I wouldn't say kawaii done anything this game, and that contradicts with their freshest town meta of being involved.

kawaii said that was all theatre to be read as kira so they could farm reactions from it. I simply do not believe that to be the case, I think kawaii wasn't looking scummy on purpose.

kawaii isn't scum just because he did exactly what he said he'd do as kira; but because the meta read and the truthtelling are accurate descriptions of someone picking up this role and being incredibly self conscious about it.

I started to push kawaii, and suddenly people started defending him. when I was pushing kokichi, there was no resistance from any parts of the thread. when I started pushing kawaii, I started to become a wagon myself. that increases the likelihood that I'm onto something and that's why I'm pursuing this elimination, to the very end and even if I annoy enough townies to be flipped for it.
Meta this, meta that, have you ever meta girl before?

I...don't fault you for your reasoning, it's wrong but it's a town mindset, especially feeling you're onto something with all the defense of me not being Kira, I know I'm not Kira but I see why you see me as Kira

If you feel you're onto something, keep going, and don't let anyone stop you, who knows maybe my flip can cause you to revaluate the game, especially with HPE as you said, you holding me to my last meta is not something I like though, since it's circumstantial evidence, the way I play b4 as town doesn't mean I'm not town in this game, I am, I've been busy in the weekend in life and I thought I'd be the most useful acting like Kira instead of randomly coming in and out, I hope you shifting focus to me away Koki is beneficial to town, as in I hope Koki is not scum

With the last game I felt free to post, I had time, my time was tight causing me to disengage and letting the day play out, I feel my disengagement was beneficial to the game with all the engagement it created, thanks to your pursuit of me with Vand and the defense of those who do not believe in me being Kira

I hope you think about this, if I'm not Kira, who is? This is what I want to find out

You theorize I am the passive/defensive Kira, one who is overwhelmed by the weight of my role, unprepared to be who I am, not ready to be Kira- someone who is completely collapsing in front of your eyes in real time, only responding to defend myself and not deeply analyzing the game to scumhunt

I saw you as an active/offensive Kira, someone who is pinning down the easiest elimination and pursuing it full force based on contradictions, but now that I realize the play you making I do not see this, if you're not Kira, and I'm not Kira, then Kira lies some place in the middle, someone who is active/defensive, passive/offensive, someone who is careful in their thoughts/words, someone who articulates their reasons semi well, someone who is potentially defensive, if not disarming

If we ascribe to this active/defensive theory Kira is among Black/HPE/Kochi
Kochi is naturally disarming/affable, seemingly shifting to any mood at any time adapting to the state of the game we in, fitting into town blending in like a chameleon, I'm always amused by the character Kochi posts I find it funny, the lack of edge I get is a potential danger, you pursued Kochi b4 and like you I'm confused how Kochi is Kira since they feel town

Black feels simultaneously offensive/defensive, pursuing you/Lorne while defending me, I genuinely believe everything Black says is a town mindset, questioning everyone and everything, including me, I like this inquisitive mind a lot, actively engaging with the game with thoughts/feelings I logically/emotionally follow, feel she's pursuing mafia as she sees them

HPE feels chill to me, saying your Kira case against me is flimsy, I do not fail to see I am bias with this, HPE's statement aligns with my pov of not being Kira, HPE simultaneously saying a case exists of me being scumlean while saying my defense is excellent, Ik you think it's not, I want to know why HPE thinks it is, I feel HPE's playstyle suits Kira the most but I don't think HPE is Kira

Vand is on the opposite side going against me, this pursuit feels town with saying I'm awkward/minimal engagement, thoughts flow naturally building a case against me, constantly asking why people think I'm town, I find these significant:
In post 407, Vanderscamp wrote: this feels very follower to Kawaii Kira esque.
In post 408, Vanderscamp wrote: If Kawaii were Kira I would expect followers to post pretty much exactly the kind of thing that HPE just did, so I don't understand you giving this read right after that happened.
In post 407, Vanderscamp wrote: this feels very follower to Kawaii Kira esque.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:38 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

UNVOTE: Gimli
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:40 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 407, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 381, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 377, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 362, Kokichi Oma wrote: Okay it's independent of me. Then okay. And I don't think we're going to vote out Kawaii today anyway, so no point.

I'm actually just going to look through iso's and stop trying to defend myself cause my back and forth with you is distracting me too much.
I am extremely down to daykill Kawaii.

I don't like the fact that Kawaii has never responded to me calling out that post I thought was scummy, or asked me about my vote.
At this point a daykill on Kawaii doesn't feel necessary. Sinking into background is feeling more and more like a scum thing to this one but even if we condemn them in a day or two it honestly doesn't think it would be worth it especially for the detective reveal. And then there's the aspect of when you wait multiple days, the gamestate and what we know and who's scummiest will change. Condemn now = Total gamble, condemn later = We don't even know if we'd want to at that point. Thus if you want Kawaii dead NOW, vote them. Though again this one prefers dragging the game days out for max discussion and analysis.
I am voting them.

I also don't understand this defence, this feels very follower to Kawaii Kira esque.
Why does this feel very follower to me = Kira esque?
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:41 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 483, Black wrote:
In post 481, Gimli wrote:
In post 417, KawaiiKame wrote: As to why I'm disengaged with this game, this is intentional, I want people to think I'm Kira to see how Kira/followers react to me
HPE do you seriously believe what kawaii is saying here?
Wait. I missed this from kawaii somehow and this seems weird. I was thinking Kawaii wasn't around much this weekend and that they might have felt overwhelmed due to this game having a much different ruleset and mechanics than the newbie games. I was not expecting this response
In post 532, Black wrote:
Kawaii wrote: As to why I'm disengaged with this game, this is intentional, I want people to think I'm Kira to see how Kira/followers react to me
Kawaii were you serious when you said this? I don't get this vibe from you and I also think you revealing this is pretty weird if that actually is your plan
I was feeling overwhelmed with everything happening in the weekend, helping with moving/going back into school, the scope of this game too, so many things happened suddenly to take away my time/shy me away in the game, I didn't know what to say a lot of the time and feeling I made a massive mistake last game, some point I conceived the idea of slightly baiting followers to come to me by being away, I wanted to see how Kira would react to me seeming like Kira too, since I'd be away anyway I thought I'd do the slight gambit, letting the day play out igniting the flames, I didn't expect this fire, I intended to see how Kira/followers would react
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:50 pm

Post by Gimli »

UNVOTE:

I need to think
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:26 pm

Post by Gimli »

'I tried to play like kira and now people want me dead for it' lmao
Lorne Malvo
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:16 am

Post by Lorne Malvo »

In post 639, KawaiiKame wrote: Meta this, meta that, have you ever meta girl before?
That was genuinely one of the funniest lines I've read in mafia
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:33 am

Post by Gimli »

BBT needs to update his signature
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:42 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 639, KawaiiKame wrote: Meta this, meta that, have you ever meta girl before?
They should not be voted out just for this line alone.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:22 am

Post by Gimli »

then koki comes here hard pressing for us not to kill kawaii and my instant reaction is 'we should just kill kawaii'
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:35 am

Post by Gimli »

I almost liked those posts though for real

so let's consider when kawaii isn't kira. then hpe/koki/black would probably be townies because who wouldn't take the easy d1 here as kira/follower, right?

we're pointing at STD/lorne/malakittens? if that's the case

I'm keeping vander as a townie in any configuration

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”