chazworthington
chazworthington
Goon
chazworthington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by chazworthington »

I'm back. Sorry the limited access ran longer than expected.

First, I hope to have the complete Xtomx meta up by Saturday evening. Sorry for the delay.

@KoC, Ice, X and Fark: You are all pushing for an XtomX lynch very hard. With the exception of the cop's sanities, I'm seeing pretty much the same argument made against Mr. Adams. I'd like to hear from each of you why you believe you're correct this time. Further, I want to know who else you think is scum. Because if you're wrong about Xtomx, as I think you are, then we're at lylo tomorrow. Are none of you worried about that?

Note: I've listed these four in the order I feel they are pushing XtomX from hardest to lightest. If we have scum in this group my guess would be ice or KoC, although given how hard both of them are pushing I don't think both are.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

iceman wrote:I'm still not convinced that disregarding their reports is a smart avenue to follow.
Why? Their sanities and their alignments are completely unreliable at this point - if we start giving weight to their investigations, we'll just be chasing our tails. Can you give me one good solid reason how it's pro-town for us to be wasting our time that way?
bionic wrote:We need to scum hunt this game. The cops are basically a distraction until there is conclusive evidence of sanity.
QFT

Vote: icemanE
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

simulpost - I've been vocal about why I suspected him in a few different posts (short answer - self-vote, no cases, just ad hominem atttacks, removal from game with imminent lynch, let's others defend him instead of defending himself). You can go back and read them or, if you still want me to summarize, you'll have to wait a while.

As far as my top suspect, it's ice right now (hence the vote), with KoC a close second (I remember how he was dying to lynch Adams early yesterday), Xtoxm is not cleared yet, (but I'm working from the assumption that he's town and trying to see who's pushing that wagon) why is he trying to push for lynching the (possibly insane) cop now that his wagon has gotten wobbly? Rice is still bugging me but short of waterboarding him, I'm not sure that there's much more I can get out of him
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:57 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Because GF is the insane/para cop, whichever of the two it is, Zaz is scum.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:14 am

Post by icemanE »

What Xtoxm is currently discussing about probabilities and such of there being this cop or that cop is what I wanted to avoid by clearing them yesterday. But since we didn't we're in this giant outguess-the-mod mess. So I will attempt to understand what Xtoxm is trying to explain and think that over.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:19 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

icemanE wrote:What Xtoxm is currently discussing about probabilities and such of there being this cop or that cop is what I wanted to avoid by clearing them yesterday.
How would your plan have cleared anybody. A fake cop could claim any result on a miller in this game and nobody would know if they were telling the truth or not.
The above written statement is pro-town.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by icemanE »

We would have some basis other than lynching the player who the reports were on to decide if the cops were legit or not, that's how.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by X »

Oh, darn. Xtoxm, by being a pain, has made himself impossible to read. I read the three games that Fark read, and his meta is the same style in all three. The main remaining reason to suspect him is post 297, claiming to have been watching his own meta. I hate to leave him living, but it might be for the best.

Xtoxm, could you answer my question?
I'd really appreciate it if you'd try to be bearable, and respond to questions again.

Chaz: You may have missed it, but I asked you some questions a while back (603). Before I answer your question, I'd like to year your response first.

Still haven't heard an explanation of the icemanE wagon...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I haven't been watching my own meta as such, I am simply aware of it. To me the differences are clear, and I have little/no control over it. I could accurately call my own alignment in all my games, I am sure, if say I someone didn't know my alignment...Impossible scenario but you get what I mean.

What question?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by X »

This question:
X wrote:Meanwhile, Xtoxm, you said this to FIS.
Xtoxm wrote:Because you're one to talk about being anti-town :roll:
You say you're town? Do you want to help win? Explain what about FIS you think is scummy.
Xtoxm wrote:I haven't been watching my own meta as such, I am simply aware of it. To me the differences are clear, and I have little/no control over it. I could accurately call my own alignment in all my games, I am sure, if say I someone didn't know my alignment...Impossible scenario but you get what I mean.
That's pretty funny...mind telling us your scumtells? :lol:
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Nuu!

I would find it hard to name scumtells as such, it doesn't really work like that, but there are a few constant things across my play.

Anyway.

Yes, I am town. I garantee it.

Yes, but not with you lot acting like idiots...You seem to be listening now, so I will.

On the whole, FIS has looked town to me, but there are few scummy things he's done.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

X wrote: Still haven't heard an explanation of the icemanE wagon...
bionicchop2 wrote: Who I will vote for is my top suspect -
vote icemanE
. In reread, TSN had a very high ratio of scummy posts. icemanE replaced and was initially pro-town in my eyes, but I think the front he put up on D1 about concern for verifying sanities unraveled towards the end of the day and completely disappeared today. I think he smells blood in the water and is jumping on this xtoxm lynch.

Post analysis:

Post 20. Restates that claiming on D1 is the best practice. This was something that was already stated by at least one person. This is a fluff post (as much of his were)

27. Again states how claiming miller on day 1 is pro-town, but throws out the statement of how we can't give X a free pass and he could be scum.

70. Misrepresents Adam's reason for voting X (says he voted because he never saw the role before). Claims confusion about Adams. No vote still.

92. Fluff post. Answers an acronym question and then kind of agrees with someone while not exactly committing to anything.

165. Slips in on the Adam's wagon because his 'cases' are all OMGUS after being gone for a while

LARGE GAP - TSN fades away (left site) and delays in replacement. (null tell - just here for info)

504. Comment about no lynches on D1 never being good seems odd - there were enough active people and votes moving to get a lynch. Seems like a way to drop a vote on Adams without any reasons.

561- iceman thinks it would be a waste of time to lynch Xtoxm right now.

565- says Xtoxm is admitting to being scum. Seems to lament his vote. Votes xtoxm

592 - completely contradicts his play from the previous day. Takes the 2 guilty reports and uses them to guide his reasoning

(we debated this point for a while, so I am not identifying every post I disagreed with on the same topic and only counting it as a single scummy action instead of multiple).
Not sure what you are looking for really. As I said, I didn't point out every post because I don't highlight multiple items covering which are generally the same action I feel is scummy. There is no case against Xtoxm, but you aren't questioning that wagon. If anybody wants to back their vote up with a PbPa, it would definitely help.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:57 am

Post by X »

I don't buy it as reason enough to lynch him. It seems that icemanE's actions could be easily enough explained by him being a townie. His change of heart about the guilties may have to do with two things if he is town:
1. That he's human, and Xtoxm being guilty fits into his current view of reality, so he is more willing to accept the evidence.
2. That because the town decided that it would be a waste to confirm sanities D1, he started thinking along the lines of, "Well, we can't confirm them, so this is as accurate as we're going to get."
This may be a misrepresentation of icemanE, but that's what I think could let him be town.

And yes, I am questioning the Xtoxm wagon. I just definitively got off of it (Post 657).
bionicchop2 wrote:If anybody wants to back their vote up with a PbPa, it would definitely help.
QFT.
Xtoxm wrote:Yes, but not with you lot acting like idiots...You seem to be listening now, so I will.

On the whole, FIS has looked town to me, but there are few scummy things he's done.
Elaborate, please. This says practically nothing.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:51 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

X wrote:I don't buy it as reason enough to lynch him.
Maybe you don't, but I haven't seen better reasons to lynch anybody else, making these the best reasons I can see right now. This makes him the most likely to be scum in my eyes, which is all I can go on.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Xtoxm »

bionicchop2 wrote:
X wrote:I don't buy it as reason enough to lynch him.
Maybe you don't, but I haven't seen better reasons to lynch anybody else, making these the best reasons I can see right now. This makes him the most likely to be scum in my eyes, which is all I can go on.
Zazier.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Care to put anything behind the name?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Xtoxm »

No. Try reading the thread.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:35 am

Post by Xtoxm »

X wrote:I don't buy it as reason enough to lynch him. It seems that icemanE's actions could be easily enough explained by him being a townie. His change of heart about the guilties may have to do with two things if he is town:
1. That he's human, and Xtoxm being guilty fits into his current view of reality, so he is more willing to accept the evidence.
2. That because the town decided that it would be a waste to confirm sanities D1, he started thinking along the lines of, "Well, we can't confirm them, so this is as accurate as we're going to get."
This may be a misrepresentation of icemanE, but that's what I think could let him be town.

And yes, I am questioning the Xtoxm wagon. I just definitively got off of it (Post 657).
bionicchop2 wrote:If anybody wants to back their vote up with a PbPa, it would definitely help.
QFT.
Xtoxm wrote:Yes, but not with you lot acting like idiots...You seem to be listening now, so I will.

Elaborate, please. This says practically nothing.
The way he blindly pushed me and refused to consider the possibility I was town, and not consider any other suspects for scum, was very scummy.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:06 am

Post by icemanE »

Yeah, what X said basically explains my position and shift in view between yesterday and today. Clearly I had to change positions as it's too late to go by my original plan today.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by X »

Mod, please prod G-Force, Riceballtail, and ZazieR

Prods sent to the former and the latter.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:47 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Not needed here, was working something out with the mods, and was distracting me from posting. Sorry.

I'll look over today's posting again and get some more up later.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:49 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Sorry, guys, I'm hoping to have something substantial up by midweek.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:42 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

X wrote: 2. That because the town decided that it would be a waste to confirm sanities D1, he started thinking along the lines of, "Well, we can't confirm them, so this is as accurate as we're going to get."
What was done last night was the equivalent of what he was asking for. If you would have been investigated, we would have the same information we have now because nobody can confirm you as a miller.

Until a cop has 1 guilty and 1 innocent report, it is very hard to gain any clarity on what the reports mean.

I think the reports are nothing but a distraction at this point.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by X »

bionicchop2 wrote:What was done last night was the equivalent of what he was asking for. If you would have been investigated, we would have the same information we have now because nobody can confirm you as a miller.

I think the reports are nothing but a distraction at this point.
Yeah, I agree. But I'm saying that it's an understandable (although incompletely thought-out) way of looking at it.

icemanE, what do you currently think, given the reliability of the Cop results and Xtoxm's (for lack of a better word) wacky meta?

Riceballtail wrote:I'll look over today's posting again and get some more up later.
Could you make it something long and substantive? You've consistently been lurking/posting little.
chazworthington
chazworthington
Goon
chazworthington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by chazworthington »

My schedule is blowing up again. I should be better after Wednesday. Apologies to all.

X wrote: You were more interested in lynching RBT, who hasn't contributed, but could potentially be another living character on our side. So, what questions do you want answered by RBT?
And also, why haven't you asked them if you suspect him?
Sorry, missed this before. I was interested in lynching RBT D1 due to everyone's consensus that she's hard to read and lurks alot. I've got more to say here but it involves an on-going game and I want to check with the mod what I'm allowed to say versus what I'm not allowed to say. That and the town was focused on Adams at the time and I didn't believe him to be scum.

She was also a good candidate in the list of four because I believed Adams and XtomX to be town.

Those are the reasons I went after RBT D1. As for not asking questions, she's gotten lost in the triple cop claim/investigation. I'm more interested in asking questions to the people who I perceive are pushing the wagon.

That said, with respect to RBT, I would like to know what changed betwen posts 607 and 614, and only eight hours apart. 607 reads like she's pushing the XtomX wagon, and 614 has her listing Ice and KoC as possible scum. Why not mention that in 607? Nothing really happened between them.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”