JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:47 am

Post by JordanA24 »

FOS: Gamma
, 3 votes ain't much, but 4 is somewhat more serious (3 from a lynch after all). Was that a random vote Gamma?

Vote Count:
Atlas - (3) Wall-E, Budja, Gamma
Budja - (2) zachattack, corporate
corporate - (1) WhereIsTony
Gamma - (1) Nekka-Lucifer
jerseygoomba - (1) Tolmides
JordanA24 - (0)
My Milked Eek - (0)
Nekka-Lucifer - (0)
Tolmides - (0)
Wall-E - (0)
WhereIsTony - (1) Atlas
zachattack - (2) jerseygoomba, JordanA24

With 12 alive, 7 votes will end the day.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:22 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

Jordan, I'm not so sure I would even make a deal about lynch-3. It actually looks a bit more suspicious that Wall-E tried to jumpstart an Atlas bandwagon so quickly.
corporate
corporate
Goon
corporate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:47 am

Post by corporate »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:
confirm vote
4th vote seems abit suspicious
does it really? or are you just fishing for some substance to stick a vote to someone?

no way the rest of us are going to let a lynch happen on pages 1 and 2 with no information.
on a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Wall-E »

jerseygoomba wrote:Jordan, I'm not so sure I would even make a deal about lynch-3. It actually looks a bit more suspicious that Wall-E tried to jumpstart an Atlas bandwagon so quickly.
Why did you ignore my last question, jerseygoomba?
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:25 am

Post by JordanA24 »

jerseygoomba wrote:Jordan, I'm not so sure I would even make a deal about lynch-3. It actually looks a bit more suspicious that Wall-E tried to jumpstart an Atlas bandwagon so quickly.
It's pretty rare for someone to get 4 votes during the random vote stage, -3 usually signifies some intent behind the vote. -3 is fairly risky territory, it only takes a couple more people to put Atlas in serious danger, and ofc if you're on that many votes, players tend to get nervous and may make mistakes, which can cause a more serious bandwagon on that player to form, a player who already has 4 votes to their name, it can be quite a deadly chain reaction. Gamma might have been trying to set that up to happen, hence the FOS.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Atlas »

FoS: Gamma
for either clearly not reading the thread, or setting something up.
Budja wrote:But its not really a big deal, lynches (should) never happen until after some proper discussion anyway.
But they could, and they do. Please read the thread next time.
Minor FoS: Budja

Corporate wrote:vote budja for not reading the thread, i know its only d1 p1 but still.
I`m fairly certain that Gamma's vote put me in more danger than Budja's, even though Budja already confessed to not reading the thread. I don't like how you totally ignore Gamma's L-3 vote here. Actually in your next post you
discourage
any suspicion for Gamma, and yet you think that Budja is worthy of a vote for skipping the first posts of the RVS? Either you are blatantly buddying up to a townie or there's really poor scum-buddy play going on.
FoS: Corporate

Vote: jerseygoomba
With all this suspicion being tossed around, my vote has to go to Jersey for this comment:
Jersey wrote:It actually looks a bit more suspicious that Wall-E tried to jumpstart an Atlas bandwagon so quickly.
Pure reaching and misrepresentation. Nowhere did Wall-E try to "jumpstart a bandwagon", and I have no idea how you got that. Wall-E voted me for a random reason like everyone else. I'm not sure where you got the implication that he was trying to get more votes on me.

I agree with #29. And I'd greatly appreciate to not be 3 votes away from a lynch. :D
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Gamma »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:confirm vote 4th vote seems abit suspicious
FoS Gamma

Because obviously, being the fourth person to vote Atlas is so nefariously sinister.

FoS Nekka-Lucifer
V/LA until I get a new computer
corporate
corporate
Goon
corporate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:22 am

Post by corporate »

i dont think either vote really "put you in danger" L1 or maybe L2is danger, imo, everything still kinda random and likely to flop around a bit anyways. just as my vote floped to budja for a random vote with a reason barley better then my first vote. which was no reason.

ince things are stirring up a lil i will
unvote
and get to know you guys a little better. i also hope some of the others decide to introduce themselfs soon.
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Atlas »

Quick-lynches are possible and they have happened, so I would have felt very much "in danger" if I came back around Gamma's vote. You didn't really respond to my accusation other than "my vote didn't have much reasoning", so my FoS stays. Milked is the only one who hasn't posted yet.

Gamma, did you read the thread at all?

Don't get me wrong when I say that I find a L-3 vote in a twelve player game scummy. It's unlikely that three votes could pile on before something is done about the bandwagon, but the fact is a player should never get four (allegedly) random votes on the first page. I don't think it's the most sinister thing in the world-- evidenced by my lack of a vote on you-- but I get a pause when a player claims to ignore three votes.
Tolmides
Tolmides
Townie
Tolmides
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Tolmides »

Gamma wrote: Because obviously, being the fourth person to vote Atlas is so nefariously sinister.
Well it sure ain't a good sign. Placing somebody within three votes of a lynching only hours into D1 is definitely questionable. You also never answered Jordan's question about whether the vote was random or not.

FoS: Gamma

I'm keeping my vote on jersey for now, his comment about Wall-E bandwagonning read like wilful misrepresentation.
[i]Now pass thou onward before us, as thou wert wont, and I will follow thee or die.[/i]
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:40 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

Tolmides wrote: I'm keeping my vote on jersey for now, his comment about Wall-E bandwagonning read like wilful misrepresentation.
Fixed the tags

Definitely not willful misrepresentation. I'm just pointing out that even though Atlas had multiple votes rather quickly, it was Wall-E that cast the second vote. I found it interesting that his random vote landed at Atlas' feet so quickly. And I resent the fact that you accuse folks from NJ of not having an ear for music. You forget that some great musicians have been from NJ, including Frank Sinatra, Frankie Valli, Bruce Springsteen (not my fave as I think he mumbles), and many more. So lay off the Garden State my friend.
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Gamma »

Atlas wrote:Quick-lynches are possible and they have happened, so I would have felt very much "in danger" if I came back around Gamma's vote. You didn't really respond to my accusation other than "my vote didn't have much reasoning",
My vote didn't have much reasoning because it's a d1 random vote.

The only sinister motive I even remember having is thinking how much oranges are better than apples.

I'm a made suspect due to a generic vote and overreading the details. Cool.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:59 am

Post by jerseygoomba »

Wall-E wrote:
I didn't ignore it Wall-E, I just thought it was rather a dumb question. Don't you think my pinstriped suit and cigar is a bit cliche to be mafia? One would think I would at least *ATTEMPT* not to stand out in rehearsal. I think you are just jealous of my superior musical talent and want me to stop making you sound bad. (Not like you need much help in that department, oh king of missed notes).
zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:23 am

Post by zachattack »

I think putting a random vote on someone without reading the thread first is very irresponsible town play. I intended to random vote someone, but when I saw three votes on Atlas, I decided to challenge Budja on it to get some actual discussion going. I find it suspicious that Gamma placed a fourth vote after Budja was called on the third one. Either he ignored the thread, which is irresponsible as I said earlier, or his vote wasn't random, and he wanted to push the lynch on Atlas, making him more suspicious in my eyes then Budja, who I'm not really concerned about at this time.

Unvote
Vote: Gamma

Jersey is suspicious as well, I don't think Wall-E placing a second random vote on Atlas is suspicious at all, I doubt he knew Budja and Gamma would follow him. Like Atlas said that's willful misrepresentation on jersey's part.

Corporate voted Budja after his explanation that he didn't read the thread, yet when Nekka confirmed his vote for Gamma challenged it, when Gamma either did the same thing as Budja or imade a scummy play. After being challenged he pulled his vote from Budja, even though Budja was in no danger of being lynched, so he's suspicious to me as well.

I'd like to see Wall-E post something of substance, and for Eek to just post something.
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Atlas »

Gamma wrote:
Atlas wrote:Quick-lynches are possible and they have happened, so I would have felt very much "in danger" if I came back around Gamma's vote. You didn't really respond to my accusation other than "my vote didn't have much reasoning",
My vote didn't have much reasoning because it's a d1 random vote.

The only sinister motive I even remember having is thinking how much oranges are better than apples.

I'm a made suspect due to a generic vote and overreading the details. Cool.
I was talking to Corporate. Anyways I think it's clear that there wasn't much reasoning (or caution) behind your vote. And hello, what details are we overreading? You piled a fourth vote on me and that's all there is. Your overly sarcastic defense doesn't help your cause, either.
Zach wrote:and for Eek to just post something.
Keep in mind that the thread opened less than 24 hours ago. I'd give Eek the maximum prod time before I begin to question his absence.
Jersey wrote:Definitely not willful misrepresentation. I'm just pointing out that even though Atlas had multiple votes rather quickly, it was Wall-E that cast the second vote. I found it interesting that his random vote landed at Atlas' feet so quickly.
Wall-E's vote had no effect on my bandwagon at all, and it's reaching to suggest otherwise. It's not like he called for Budja and Gamma to jump on the train right after. And there is very little implication in a second vote on a person, so I disagree with "it's interesting that he voted for Atlas so quickly". I noted that you find Wall-E's vote interesting now, but earlier you didn't mention it.
Zach wrote:Corporate voted Budja after his explanation that he didn't read the thread, yet when Nekka confirmed his vote for Gamma challenged it, when Gamma either did the same thing as Budja or imade a scummy play. After being challenged he pulled his vote from Budja, even though Budja was in no danger of being lynched, so he's suspicious to me as well.
I missed this. Corporate, you are flip-flopping quite a bit there.
corporate
corporate
Goon
corporate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:47 am

Post by corporate »

how is that suspicious. my vote on budja was a slap on the wrist for not reading the thread. more or less a joke. i ignored gamma because i hardley viewed atlas in danger with 4 votes since it takes 7 to lynch and i didnt think three other people would follow suit for kicks when we have no information.

and pulling a random vote when i feel were already past the random voting phase is suspicious how?

id like to question your vote on gamma, zach. do you really think his 4th vote was so dangerous or does it just look like a easy move since others are already pointing thier fingers in that direction?
zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by zachattack »

I don't believe that Gamma didn't read the thread before placing his vote. It's possible but unlikely. I also don't believe the vote was random, someone doesn't get more than half the votes needed to lynch randomly. Therefore I feel his vote was a scummy move. His only response to the criticism against him was devoid of content and putting pressure on him to respond without sarcasm is a good thing. I don't believe he expected Atlas to be lynched quickly, but maybe he was hoping Atlas would panic and claim a power role, or come across scummy in his defense and make the bandwagon viable.

If I was trying for the easy move I would have voted jersey, more people seem suspicious of him then gamma. I think that gamma is most likely to be scum at this early point, and feel he needs some pressure put on him.
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Atlas »

Corporate wrote:i ignored gamma because i hardley viewed atlas in danger with 4 votes since it takes 7 to lynch and i didnt think three other people would follow suit for kicks when we have no information.
Do you think that Gamma put me at L-3 knowing that I already had 3 votes?
Corporate wrote:and pulling a random vote when i feel were already past the random voting phase is suspicious how?
1) Why would you random vote when you felt that we're past the RVS? 2) How is
"vote budja for not reading the thread. I know its only d1 p1 but still. "
a random vote, and more or less a joke? You worded it seriously, it came after serious votes, and it was placed for a serious reason that anyone could find suspect (that Budja didn't read the thread). It looks like you're back-tracking now to downplay your actions.
corporate
corporate
Goon
corporate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by corporate »

Atlas wrote:
Corporate wrote:i ignored gamma because i hardley viewed atlas in danger with 4 votes since it takes 7 to lynch and i didnt think three other people would follow suit for kicks when we have no information.
Do you think that Gamma put me at L-3 knowing that I already had 3 votes?
Corporate wrote:and pulling a random vote when i feel were already past the random voting phase is suspicious how?
1) Why would you random vote when you felt that we're past the RVS? 2) How is
"vote budja for not reading the thread. I know its only d1 p1 but still. "
a random vote, and more or less a joke? You worded it seriously, it came after serious votes, and it was placed for a serious reason that anyone could find suspect (that Budja didn't read the thread). It looks like you're back-tracking now to downplay your actions.
yes i think he did, but i think people also know how flip floppy d1 votes can be. especially in the early pages.

and does it really look like im trying to downplay my actions? i think it looks like you are over analyzing my actions. which is our job. but i can not see how you would take me serious for me to hold a vote on someone who may or may not have read half of page one.

i slapped his wrist with my vote and pulled it off. oh noes!

i think it looks like you got a few random votes on you and now it looks like a good time for you to play victim and point fingers.

maybe? maybe not? but its as good of a case as yours is.
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Atlas »

Corporate wrote:i think it looks like you got a few random votes on you and now it looks like a good time for you to play victim and point fingers.
This is a ridiculous accusation. Only two suspicions from me are based on the L-3 bandwagon, and I pointed out several times that they weren't scummy enough to warrant a vote. Yes, I am pointing more fingers than I can type with, but only a small percentage of them are actually related to those "few random votes on me". I suspect you for back-tracking, buddying up to Gamma, and flip-flopping with your vote. I suspect Jersey for reaching in a situation totally irrelevant to the bandwagon. And if you didn't notice, other people are playing more "victim" and "pointing fingers" more than I have. Because of this it looks like you're trying to make my case seem insignificant, claiming that it is driven purely by "victim's OMGUS."
Corporate wrote:yes i think he did, but i think people also know how flip floppy d1 votes can be. especially in the early pages
You just proved my point. 1) Apparently you do not think that a fourth vote on a player on Page 1 does not warrant a FoS, random vote, or any word of disapproval at all, which is absurd. 2) If you think that Page 1 votes are very flip floppy, wouldn't Gamma's L-3 put me in more danger than you have claimed?

Oh, and by the way that isn't a viable defense. You can't justify your swing in opinion by saying "D1 votes are flip floppy," unless you can back up this claim or show me why you would do this.
Corporate wrote:but i can not see how you would take me serious for me to hold a vote on someone who may or may not have read half of page one.
May or may not? Budja clearly said that he didn't read when he voted, and you made this pretty clear in #23. You are outright lying here and I am considering switching my vote to you. As for over-analyzing, I am reading what you say. There was zero indication to your vote being random/a joke while several circumstances point to it being serious. When you see me pull something out of my bum like "omg corporate is trying to quicklynch Budja!!!" based on two posts, then you can fairly say that I am over-analyzing. But that is not the case here.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Wall-E »

jerseygoomba wrote:
Wall-E wrote:
I didn't ignore it Wall-E, I just thought it was rather a dumb question. Don't you think my pinstriped suit and cigar is a bit cliche to be mafia? One would think I would at least *ATTEMPT* not to stand out in rehearsal. I think you are just jealous of my superior musical talent and want me to stop making you sound bad. (Not like you need much help in that department, oh king of missed notes).
I'm makng a note here: jerseygoomba's first response to a bit of attention is OMGUS (or joke-OMGUS, which is also scummy).

jerseygoomba, what about my Atlas vote made you think it was not random?

What do you think of corporate's post 32 in which he decides to back off a bit in the face of general fast-moving-wagon criticism?

Finally, how many other scum (if any) do you think are on the Atlas wagon besides me?
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

Wall-E, the reason I think your Atlas vote was not random was because of the reason you gave:
Wall-E wrote:Vote: Atlas

Same reason as post 6.
POST 6:
Whereistony wrote:vote corporate for beating me to the first post
That would make sense if you voted for Corporate (who actually posted first), but you voted for Atlas, who didn't. Your rationale behind voting Atlas thus makes no sense. Did you misvote?

As for corporate backing off, I would be more suspicious if we heard from the rest of the crew already, but seeing as we didn't, I'm going to take it at face value as I TOO am interested in hearing from the rest of the band.

unvote

Your last question is interesting. I'm not quite sure on that. One possibility out there could be that Atlas *IS* scum, but is taking one for the team. (Now THAT is a reach, but just posting ideas as they come to my head).[/b]
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Budja »

I did skim the thread, I just didn't notice corporate's vote at the top.

I believe corporate's vote on me was, as he said, still in the silly random vote stage. He also unvoted Atlas to do this taking him back to a safer vote level. For this I cannot suspect him. In fact, his actions seem quite townish to me so far.

I will
unvote Atlas
now that we seem to be having some proper discussion.

FoS Gamma
for obvious reasons. After the mini-debate after I voted Atlas, its a bit hard to not noticed that you were putting on a fourth vote.

I don't feel too much suspicion towards jerseygoomba, but your initial comment about Wall-E bandwagoning does seem illogical.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Wall-E »

jerseygoomba wrote:Wall-E, the reason I think your Atlas vote was not random was because of the reason you gave:
Wall-E wrote:Vote: Atlas

Same reason as post 6.
POST 6:
Whereistony wrote:vote corporate for beating me to the first post
That would make sense if you voted for Corporate (who actually posted first), but you voted for Atlas, who didn't. Your rationale behind voting Atlas thus makes no sense. Did you misvote?
Atlas wrote:Wall-E, why does your vote make little sense?
Wall-E wrote:Atlas, you beat me to the first post. But corporate beat you there! I am voting for you for beating me to the first post.
Atlas wrote:But I didn't get the first post. `-`

That's like you getting a D on a quiz, Alice gets a B, and Brenquisha gets a C. Then you slap Brenquisha for getting a higher grade than you.
Yes.

Except in this class, one of the students is a murderer, and instead of slapping them, I'm trying to get them killed.

jerseygoomba wrote:As for corporate backing off, I would be more suspicious if we heard from the rest of the crew already, but seeing as we didn't, I'm going to take it at face value as I TOO am interested in hearing from the rest of the band.

unvote

Your last question is interesting. I'm not quite sure on that. One possibility out there could be that Atlas *IS* scum, but is taking one for the team. (Now THAT is a reach, but just posting ideas as they come to my head).[/b]
Don't you think it's MORE suspicious since we HAVEN'T heard from most of the town on this issue? Seems rather jumpy of corporate to me.

I'm most suspicious of Nekka-Lucifer than anyone else right now.

Vote: Nekka-Lucifer

Your post 24 was follow-the-wagon opportunism.
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Gamma »

Cool, my account decided to lock out and made me dive though the computer to clear the cache and everything.

I have a little challenge for the people suspicious of me- name one thing I've done scummy aside from random voting Atlas.

while i'm at it,
unvote, vote Gamma
. Does this make me scummy, too?

I just wonder sometimes why things in mafia are overread, but honestly, I think some members here, town or not, definitely need to slow down.

Sometimes you have to take things at face value.

To cap off my defense, I am the vig and I have no qualms about NKing players if they're gonna be a hassle, town or not. Fuck yeah.

V
I
G

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”