Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 244, Aubrey wrote:Hey, Pina vote somewhere please.

Hey gamma, vote somewhere please.

Im sure BBT will vote when he gets the chance.
I am voting? wtf
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 45, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 41, Aristeia wrote:
In post 32, SirCakez wrote:I ONCE AGAIN ATTEMPT TO LIVE PAST DAY 1
this would be funny to say as mafia and cakes is a funny person
VOTE: SirCakez
That did vibed a bit salty to me, I did skim that dance game that just ended
@MOD
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:57 am

Post by Klick »

In post 305, Shirou wrote:
In post 303, Klick wrote:
In post 156, Aristeia wrote:
In post 153, Shirou wrote:Do you think this is the best I could do as scum though? Maybe not even the best given we can't always play our best, but do you think there's any scum motivation for all this then?

I'm sure you can do better regardless of your alignment.
So I dont really know Shirou
I replaced your slot here, but I guess you may not have read the game after replacing out (even though you commented in post-game?):

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=82360

Spoiler: useless trivia fact, only Norwe is obliged to read :oops:
Now that I think about it, it was the game by which I won white knight once, it's heart-warming to remember I managed to eliminate scum!FL there without turning the game into a spamfest. I had even forgot about this game until I went to look for it given I remembered I had been in a game with you (didn't rememeber I replaced you in the first place though).

Norwe, see? scum!FL was eliminated once without an entire parade for it. There's still hope for the next TM game where if he participates he'll inevitably roll scum again while our team rolls town and get at each other throats. It's becoming a painful tradition I don't wanna break.
I did keep up with the rest of this game and you were absolutely brilliant in it.

I don't think it really gave me a huge sense of you as a player though
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:59 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Alright, I can't read up on this tonight I don't think.

Who should I be voting?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:59 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 321, Una wrote:
In post 310, Shirou wrote:It's so weird how I forget important things that happened IRL but remember most of my mafia games. Maybe it's because they are relatively long? Doesn't seem like I'm the unique person like that given how you remembered so many games you weren't even in (except neighbor?).
I read this post while scrolling from the bottom and reading upwards and knew this text was a shirou post without seeing the username.

I think you are just a mafia elemental.

You are like a Blastoise saying "garsh it's easy as breathing to remember water gun which is weird in how I can't remember ember to save my life"

You are such a mafia-y person.
Even and especially in how I don't think you're a very WR person
I giggled as always reading this sort of post from you :oops:

But by WR you mean win rates yes? Yeah...as competitive as I get sometimes, I have never gone back to calculate my WRs or so, although I'm kinda curious now that you mention it, I don't think they're too good as town.

"A mafia-y" person though huh, I would be interested on knowing why if you ever felt like expanding on it. The older I get the more I think this game suits me but not quite in how I've been trying to play it so far (largely inspired by people focused on WRs tbh).
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: pina

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:00 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 319, Aubrey wrote:
In post 315, Klick wrote:
In post 266, Aubrey wrote:You and I both know Toto has no wagon forming and nobody is at risk right now. So vote. We can’t stay undecided forever and you can change. Otherwise it just reads as cautious idle mafia. Though Ari seems to be backing you by stating this as your standard. A bit not so great standard though me thinks.
Votes are not nearly as important as people like to believe they are
Neither is all this meta kawaii junk, but alas.
okay so you think shirou may be doing so as mafia, yes? the goal for scum!shirou i assume would be to make the game harder to read and to alienate some players?

and the rest of those involved in either the meta discussions or the ‘kawaii’ as you say are enabling shirou to do so? or do you think it is more likely a concentrated mafia effort? or?
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:00 am

Post by Klick »

In post 312, giuseppina wrote:i think we are similar in this way as i generally have a pretty okay memory for things i have read even though i get things jumbled a lot but i use sticky notes to remember basic things and i get lost walking routes i have done many times before
This is incredibly relatable
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 324, Klick wrote:
In post 304, Aristeia wrote:pace himself, conserve energy for later, figure out who is mislimmable
I feel like Shirou is drawing a lot of unnecessary attention to himself for achieving those goals
do you feel like he is not accomplishing his goals at the present?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 267, Una wrote:
In post 220, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 38, Una wrote:Shirou is town
I don’t like this for example.
Very early, confident, and bold claim on Shirou’s allignment. Shirou being town here suggests to me it could be pocketing attempt. Scum like to identify strong town early and townread them so they get in good relations with potential trouble later on, even if the town player in question hasn’t looked town at all yet because it’s too early in the game to tell.
I think i can be so bold to say that i’m the best player at reading Shirou here and i did not trust them by post 38 which is when you posted this.
I don't think that's the best way to play scum so I don't play that way. If I'm playing scum I try to guess whether I would be townreading someone and emulate it.
Your last sentence contradicts itself, because if you think other players understand shirou less that you should have many opportunities to watch him snow people. You're a little bit scummy because the thought process is focused on being right rather than stepping in my shoes and scum sometimes focus on who is right.
what
I don't get what you're saying here
is it like, you think norwee should be able to tell if Shirou is pocketing people by seeing interactions between Shirou and others?
<Embrace The Void>

Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:05 am

Post by Lucian »

In post 309, Klick wrote:She's done nothing to make me townread her
And everyone else
has
done something to make you townread them? Because this doesn't make sense to me otherwise, but I also feel like this is not it.

I answered your here:
In post 222, Lucian wrote:I read her by seeing how much and how long I get a "???" feeling when reading her posts. Her posts have a unique style to them as either alignment, but there is a certain internal logic to them when she's town, which I find lacks when she's scum. I started the game thinking her posts were a bit of "???" but they have been getting better recently so.
And then I talked more about it with Ari and pina.
I, too, have a destiny.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:05 am

Post by Aristeia »

has norwee town ever caught shirou scum and gotten him limmed?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:06 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 331, giuseppina wrote:
In post 266, Aubrey wrote:You and I both know Toto has no wagon forming and nobody is at risk right now. So vote. We can’t stay undecided forever and you can change. Otherwise it just reads as cautious idle mafia. Though Ari seems to be backing you by stating this as your standard. A bit not so great standard though me thinks.
okay so you think shirou may be doing so as mafia, yes? the goal for scum!shirou i assume would be to make the game harder to read and to alienate some players?

and the rest of those involved in either the meta discussions or the ‘kawaii’ as you say are enabling shirou to do so? or do you think it is more likely a concentrated mafia effort? or?

My response is the same that I answered earlier regarding Shirou. If I was on my computer I’d link it.

Meta has little to no grounds or basis in my eyes. The only meta comment Ive taken stock in was when whoever said you typically stall on votes. Other than that, it’s been in one ear and out the other across the board.

As for kawaii, I’m just ready to off all anime girls at this point.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:06 am

Post by petapan »

In post 327, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 45, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 41, Aristeia wrote:
In post 32, SirCakez wrote:I ONCE AGAIN ATTEMPT TO LIVE PAST DAY 1
this would be funny to say as mafia and cakes is a funny person
VOTE: SirCakez
That did vibed a bit salty to me, I did skim that dance game that just ended
@MOD
fixed
free crypto
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:07 am

Post by Klick »

giuseppina

Shirou

Gamma Emerald

Una

BlueBloodedToffee
SirCakez
Toto
TheGoldenParadox
Aubrey
NorwegianboyEE

Lucian
Aristeia
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:09 am

Post by Klick »

In post 333, Aristeia wrote:
In post 324, Klick wrote:
In post 304, Aristeia wrote:pace himself, conserve energy for later, figure out who is mislimmable
I feel like Shirou is drawing a lot of unnecessary attention to himself for achieving those goals
do you feel like he is not accomplishing his goals at the present?
I think Shirou is town and is basically doing whatever he wants here

so... no
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:10 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 336, Aristeia wrote:has norwee town ever caught shirou scum and gotten him limmed?
I think the only time i got snowed by Shirou!scum was in our first game ever back in 2019 ish. Then a second game way later i suspected he was maf but then i got nightkilled day 1 and nobody limmed them.
I don’t remember if there were any other games.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:10 am

Post by Aristeia »

ok assuming we're both town

one of us is right and one of us is wrong

probability says you will be right but i have a feeling i am right

i dont actually care about winning so i am not going to effort and persuade you because i think i would enjoy you losing to scum shirou more
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:11 am

Post by Una »

In post 334, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 267, Una wrote:
Very early, confident, and bold claim on Shirou’s allignment. Shirou being town here suggests to me it could be pocketing attempt. Scum like to identify strong town early and townread them so they get in good relations with potential trouble later on, even if the town player in question hasn’t looked town at all yet because it’s too early in the game to tell.
I think i can be so bold to say that i’m the best player at reading Shirou here and i did not trust them by post 38 which is when you posted this.
I don't think that's the best way to play scum so I don't play that way. If I'm playing scum I try to guess whether I would be townreading someone and emulate it.
Your last sentence contradicts itself, because if you think other players understand shirou less that you should have many opportunities to watch him snow people. You're a little bit scummy because the thought process is focused on being right rather than stepping in my shoes and scum sometimes focus on who is right.
what
is it like, you think norwee should be able to tell if Shirou is pocketing people by seeing interactions between Shirou and others?
Snow doesn't mean pocket. And me, not others.
He doesn't have to know for sure, but he's asserting the contrary when he seems to rule out that I could be town mistakenly granting shirou town stature for insufficient posting
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:12 am

Post by Aristeia »

VOTE: una
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: pina

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:12 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 337, Aubrey wrote:
In post 331, giuseppina wrote:

My response is the same that I answered earlier regarding Shirou. If I was on my computer I’d link it.

Meta has little to no grounds or basis in my eyes. The only meta comment Ive taken stock in was when whoever said you typically stall on votes. Other than that, it’s been in one ear and out the other across the board.

As for kawaii, I’m just ready to off all anime girls at this point.
sorry i do not think i asked this well

your earlier posts re:shirou is why i ask in the first place,

i am trying to ask if from the interactions shirou is having, both about meta and ‘kawaii’ etc, does it seem more likely to be towns enabling shirou to muddy the game to you? or a more concentrated effort of shirou+ others to do so, or?

maybe i am still not asking well
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 343, Una wrote:
In post 334, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 267, Una wrote:
what
Snow doesn't mean pocket. And me, not others.
He doesn't have to know for sure, but he's asserting the contrary when he seems to rule out that I could be town mistakenly granting shirou town stature for insufficient posting
Did you or did you not townread them for insufficient posting?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Aristeia »

i dont actually have any reason to think i would be better at reading shirou than any of you who all seem to have more experience with him

but it would be amusing to me if i was right and you were wrong :)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:16 am

Post by Klick »

In post 335, Lucian wrote:
In post 309, Klick wrote:She's done nothing to make me townread her
And everyone else
has
done something to make you townread them? Because this doesn't make sense to me otherwise, but I also feel like this is not it.
For the amount of interesting content Aristeia is putting out, I am surprised that precisely none of it looks like something scum wouldn't choose to do
I answered your here:
In post 222, Lucian wrote:I read her by seeing how much and how long I get a "???" feeling when reading her posts. Her posts have a unique style to them as either alignment, but there is a certain internal logic to them when she's town, which I find lacks when she's scum. I started the game thinking her posts were a bit of "???" but they have been getting better recently so.
And then I talked more about it with Ari and pina.
Right, but
Why was this specifically not true for your giuseppina read at post , but it was specifically true at post ? As implied by this post:
In post 109, Lucian wrote:
In post 104, Aristeia wrote:
In post 102, Lucian wrote:I am intrigued by both Klick's list in 79 *and* Aristeia calling it a good start in 82.
do you disagree with any of his townreads?
Yes, with all of them.

Well, I guess I am not against a pina townread by
this
point.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 286, giuseppina wrote:
In post 284, Aristeia wrote:
In post 280, Aristeia wrote:
In post 274, Lucian wrote:241 seemed to be implying that I'm more likely to be mafia for not efforting. 254 had a similar vibe with the a) point of the post. I don't think that's valid to say about someone who has consistently demonstrated to be able to effort as scum. And I know pina loves meta.
I think she was expressing suspicion of the people saying that not efforting -> scum though.
hmm I think maybe it makes sense that you would respond like that to her if you actually thought she was saying something she wasn't because then it's not as much of a non sequitor,

I could also just be wrong about the sentiment she was expressing because I am not great at reading as demonstrated earlier.
maybe not suspicion but at the very least i was expressing confusion with those reads as they seemed very applicable to many players and so it is like, why did aristeia have that expectation of shirou? why did aubrey think gamma emerald should have assumed an active role and not others? which kinda ties into my being a little worried about why aubrey was bringing up that point with regards to gamma emerald at that time and such
you know what, I want to know why Aubrey thinks I'd be taking a more active solving role as well, I think my past games with him have not been the best showing of my abilities (they were both in my first year of playing I'm pretty sure) and also I just generally think the impression of me should be muddled after the amount of time we've not played a game together
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Open Games”