he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:40 am

Post by SirCakez »

ugh i keep starting to read then get distracted
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:42 am

Post by Shirou »

@pina what other town/scum games of mine do you know?
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: pina

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:03 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 301, Shirou wrote:@pina what other town/scum games of mine do you know?
uh, if we’re assuming know to be read in their entirety,

dance game that just finished, diffusion of power, that dung beetle game, the datisi moderated game that shellyc and mena endgamed, the gypyx ‘normal’, the neighbourhood game

maybe others? i remember discussing alt-hunting with hectic after some game (i would guess a couple months after the neighbourhood game) that you were involved in but i dunno if it was one of the ones listed
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:04 am

Post by Klick »

In post 156, Aristeia wrote:
In post 153, Shirou wrote:Do you think this is the best I could do as scum though? Maybe not even the best given we can't always play our best, but do you think there's any scum motivation for all this then?

I'm sure you can do better regardless of your alignment.
So I dont really know Shirou

But I agree with the notion that scum are not actually very likely to play the way Shirou is playing

What is Shirou's goal at the moment if he's scum?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:08 am

Post by Aristeia »

pace himself, conserve energy for later, figure out who is mislimmable
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:23 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 303, Klick wrote:
In post 156, Aristeia wrote:
In post 153, Shirou wrote:Do you think this is the best I could do as scum though? Maybe not even the best given we can't always play our best, but do you think there's any scum motivation for all this then?

I'm sure you can do better regardless of your alignment.
So I dont really know Shirou
I replaced your slot here, but I guess you may not have read the game after replacing out (even though you commented in post-game?):

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=82360

Spoiler: useless trivia fact, only Norwe is obliged to read :oops:
Now that I think about it, it was the game by which I won white knight once, it's heart-warming to remember I managed to eliminate scum!FL there without turning the game into a spamfest. I had even forgot about this game until I went to look for it given I remembered I had been in a game with you (didn't rememeber I replaced you in the first place though).

Norwe, see? scum!FL was eliminated once without an entire parade for it. There's still hope for the next TM game where if he participates he'll inevitably roll scum again while our team rolls town and get at each other throats. It's becoming a painful tradition I don't wanna break.

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:27 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 302, giuseppina wrote:the datisi moderated game that shellyc and mena endgamed
I was in a game like that...?

(Aka Volpe14)
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:29 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 306, Shirou wrote:
In post 302, giuseppina wrote:the datisi moderated game that shellyc and mena endgamed

nope you spectated just checked my bad
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:30 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 267, Una wrote:
In post 220, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 38, Una wrote:Shirou is town
I don’t like this for example.
Very early, confident, and bold claim on Shirou’s allignment. Shirou being town here suggests to me it could be pocketing attempt. Scum like to identify strong town early and townread them so they get in good relations with potential trouble later on, even if the town player in question hasn’t looked town at all yet because it’s too early in the game to tell.
I think i can be so bold to say that i’m the best player at reading Shirou here and i did not trust them by post 38 which is when you posted this.
I don't think that's the best way to play scum so I don't play that way. If I'm playing scum I try to guess whether I would be townreading someone and emulate it.
Your last sentence contradicts itself, because if you think other players understand shirou less that you should have many opportunities to watch him snow people. You're a little bit scummy because the thought process is focused on being right rather than stepping in my shoes and scum sometimes focus on who is right.
I don’t get it what you’re saying in the end of your post.
I’m not focused on being right. In fact, i’ve come to my conclusion from trying to see the game from your perspective and whether that perspective is likely to be of town alignment. I’m saying that you are approaching the beginning of day 1 from a scum mindset rather than an town mindset.
Early townread on Shirou by you is questionable in both intent behind it and the logic made in approaching such an conclusion. The discrepency in your logic here can be explained by scum mindset of starting day 1 with survival in mind rather than genuinely trusting Shirou to be of town alignment due to genuinely reading the player to be so. Hence my suspicion.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:31 am

Post by Klick »

In post 222, Lucian wrote:Klick's is bleh. Saying that someone's solving comes from "them trying to figure the game out" is a textbook early-scumhunting sentence that doesn't really inspire confidence I guess. Maybe it's because I can kind of see what Norwee is saying about her recently. Level zero.
When I say 'trying to figure the game out', I'm not just saying Una is doing basic solving motions
Una is posting thoughts and I genuinely believe she believes what she's saying
Post specifically feels like genuine thoughts about the game as opposed to her trying to persuade me that she's town or that Gamma is scum
Klick, why are you voting Ari?
She's done nothing to make me townread her
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 307, giuseppina wrote:

Oh so my memory isn't
that
bad huh.

It's so weird how I forget important things that happened IRL but remember most of my mafia games. Maybe it's because they are relatively long? Doesn't seem like I'm the unique person like that given how you remembered so many games you weren't even in (except neighbor?).

(Aka Volpe14)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Klick »

In post 133, Lucian wrote:
In post 127, Klick wrote:
In post 109, Lucian wrote:Well, I guess I am not against a pina townread by this point
What did pina post between and that makes you make that distinction?
Do you mind if I answer this later? After you tell me why you were townreading the people you were townreading.
Bump
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:38 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 310, Shirou wrote:
In post 307, giuseppina wrote:

Oh so my memory isn't
that
bad huh.

It's so weird how I forget important things that happened IRL but remember most of my mafia games. Maybe it's because they are relatively long? Doesn't seem like I'm the unique person like that given how you remembered so many games you weren't even in (except neighbor?).
i think we are similar in this way as i generally have a pretty okay memory for things i have read even though i get things jumbled a lot but i use sticky notes to remember basic things and i get lost walking routes i have done many times before

kinda curious why you asked the original question tho
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:40 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 312, giuseppina wrote:kinda curious why you asked the original question tho
I thought it would probably be significantly +scum for you if you were assuming what I would do as scum without ever reading a scum game of mine

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:40 am

Post by Shirou »

or rather, what I could do or not as scum

(Aka Volpe14)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:41 am

Post by Klick »

In post 266, Aubrey wrote:You and I both know Toto has no wagon forming and nobody is at risk right now. So vote. We can’t stay undecided forever and you can change. Otherwise it just reads as cautious idle mafia. Though Ari seems to be backing you by stating this as your standard. A bit not so great standard though me thinks.
Votes are not nearly as important as people like to believe they are
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:42 am

Post by Shirou »

By the way @Pina, I would be more inclined to town read you and go along with your requests if you went back to being a cute anime girl like as Shiki, you know...?

(Aka Volpe14)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:45 am

Post by Klick »

In post 279, Una wrote:VOTE: Gamma if it's not there. Probably worse than Norwee
Can you talk more about this?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:45 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

My memory is so great that i forgot Pina was Shiki and i spent about 10 minutes thinking: "Who is this again??" As i was catching up.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:46 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 315, Klick wrote:
In post 266, Aubrey wrote:You and I both know Toto has no wagon forming and nobody is at risk right now. So vote. We can’t stay undecided forever and you can change. Otherwise it just reads as cautious idle mafia. Though Ari seems to be backing you by stating this as your standard. A bit not so great standard though me thinks.
Votes are not nearly as important as people like to believe they are
Neither is all this meta kawaii junk, but alas.
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:46 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 313, Shirou wrote:
In post 312, giuseppina wrote:kinda curious why you asked the original question tho
I thought it would probably be significantly +scum for you if you were assuming what I would do as scum without ever reading a scum game of mine
i clicked on a bunch of other random games during the dance game too but i didn’t read any of them in their entirety or anything

i probably have been guilty of assumptions like that at some point maybe even with regards to you as generally i kinda tend to put myself in the position of the person rather than the person because i do not actually know how anyone else thinks and such and this sometimes causes great difficulty but i am town nonetheless
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:47 am

Post by Una »

In post 310, Shirou wrote:It's so weird how I forget important things that happened IRL but remember most of my mafia games. Maybe it's because they are relatively long? Doesn't seem like I'm the unique person like that given how you remembered so many games you weren't even in (except neighbor?).
I read this post while scrolling from the bottom and reading upwards and knew this text was a shirou post without seeing the username.

I think you are just a mafia elemental.

You are like a Blastoise saying "garsh it's easy as breathing to remember water gun which is weird in how I can't remember ember to save my life"

You are such a mafia-y person. Even and especially in how I don't think you're a very WR person
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:50 am

Post by Una »

In post 308, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 267, Una wrote:
In post 220, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 38, Una wrote:Shirou is town
I don’t like this for example.
Very early, confident, and bold claim on Shirou’s allignment. Shirou being town here suggests to me it could be pocketing attempt. Scum like to identify strong town early and townread them so they get in good relations with potential trouble later on, even if the town player in question hasn’t looked town at all yet because it’s too early in the game to tell.
I think i can be so bold to say that i’m the best player at reading Shirou here and i did not trust them by post 38 which is when you posted this.
I don't think that's the best way to play scum so I don't play that way. If I'm playing scum I try to guess whether I would be townreading someone and emulate it.
Your last sentence contradicts itself, because if you think other players understand shirou less that you should have many opportunities to watch him snow people. You're a little bit scummy because the thought process is focused on being right rather than stepping in my shoes and scum sometimes focus on who is right.
I don’t get it what you’re saying in the end of your post.
I’m not focused on being right. In fact, i’ve come to my conclusion from trying to see the game from your perspective and whether that perspective is likely to be of town alignment. I’m saying that you are approaching the beginning of day 1 from a scum mindset rather than an town mindset.
Early townread on Shirou by you is questionable in both intent behind it and the logic made in approaching such an conclusion. The discrepency in your logic here can be explained by scum mindset of starting day 1 with survival in mind rather than genuinely trusting Shirou to be of town alignment due to genuinely reading the player to be so. Hence my suspicion.
Shirou has never attacked me in a game of mafia and could be paranoia'd or BoP'd at any lategame point
Shirou himself doesn't think he's revealed too little alignment.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 225, Aubrey wrote:Ari and klick have each done something I’m fine with for now, but nothing great enough to like lean town on like the other two reads I have. Especially Ari.

Gamma hasn’t been on my best reads list very early game. I’m curious why she isn’t taking a heavy role day one though. Mind answering that Gamma?

I’m excited to hear from Blue. Only because I’ve betting there won’t be any meta reads that seem to be flying around like wild fire right now.
don't want to put full effort in until I get the sense it'll be received openly
feel like for the past while I've consistently been getting shut down as town early on
it's not every-every game but it feels like more often than not it happens that way
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:55 am

Post by Klick »

In post 304, Aristeia wrote:pace himself, conserve energy for later, figure out who is mislimmable
I feel like Shirou is drawing a lot of unnecessary attention to himself for achieving those goals

Return to “Completed Open Games”