Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

roflcopter wrote:
elmo wrote:BM seems meta-townish.
define meta-townish. because it sounds mostly like an excuse for you to ignore whatever scummy things bm does.
criticising someone's protown suspicions? lawl

Unvote, Vote: Roflcopter

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i should also point out that you appear to have the preconception that i am going to do scummy things. I find it hard to believe that an open minded townie would have that approach.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:25 am

Post by roflcopter »

Battle Mage wrote:i should also point out that you appear to have the preconception that i am going to do scummy things. I find it hard to believe that an open minded townie would have that approach.

BM
you are really good at framing your statements in such a way that they sound really damning without having actually proven anything.

i had no preconceptions about you or anyone else coming into this game. i am observing in the process of doing scummy things here.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:27 am

Post by roflcopter »

i am observing *you* in the process of doing scummy things here, that should say
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

roflcopter wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:i should also point out that you appear to have the preconception that i am going to do scummy things. I find it hard to believe that an open minded townie would have that approach.

BM
you are really good at framing your statements in such a way that they sound really damning without having actually proven anything.

i had no preconceptions about you or anyone else coming into this game. i am observing in the process of doing scummy things here.
then why have you assumed that i will behave in a scummy way? Tunnel vision much?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:33 am

Post by roflcopter »

where did i ever say i assume you will behave in a scummy way?
soi soi soi

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

roflcopter wrote:it sounds mostly like an excuse for you to ignore whatever scummy things bm does.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:46 am

Post by roflcopter »

as in, he's ignoring all of the scummy things you've done, by saying he has a "meta-town" read on you
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:48 am

Post by roflcopter »

bm wrote:Tunnel vision much?
wouldn't that require me to be voting you and not voicing my suspicions of a number of other players concurrently? do you think before you accuse me of things?
soi soi soi

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Elmo »

I don't get how I'm supposed to be lurking after three days. Or ignoring BM being scummy.

I don't have a lot to say, the actual content level seems to be around 1.5 normal game pages. Like I said, I intended to wait until I felt I could add something worthwhile, but if people want, I'll make one of those "lots of words, no real content" posts that I despise so much. And then do what I was going to anyway.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

roflcopter wrote:as in, he's ignoring all of the scummy things you've done, by saying he has a "meta-town" read on you
That's not necessarily the case atall.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

roflcopter wrote:
wouldn't that require me to be voting you and not voicing my suspicions of a number of other players concurrently? do you think before you accuse me of things?
It wouldnt. You're tunnel-visioning me in the sense that you have the aforementioned preconception that i will behave (and have already behaved) in a scummy fashion. It smells like you are planning to set me up at a later stage. Either that, or you are tunnel-visioning me now.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:07 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

What???? BM is still alive?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Guardian »

I wrote:Why refuse to state who you are suspicious of and why? Why refuse to list the players and make comments? I want a firm stand from you on the players because right now you are my first (second if you count me misreading Korts) real suspect. I will explain further after you procure such a list or again explicitly refuse to.
DGB, do this, promise to do it, or refuse to in your next three posts, or I will take it as you refusing to do so.

I got busy Saturday-Tuesday with a paper, I will read up and comment when I get free time.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Guardian »

request prod on Yosarian2
if it hasn't been done.
Do not lynch me.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Korts »

Battle Mage wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
It wouldnt. You're tunnel-visioning me in the sense that you have the aforementioned preconception that i will behave (and have already behaved) in a scummy fashion. It smells like you are planning to set me up at a later stage. Either that, or you are tunnel-visioning me now.

BM
This is so much BS. Why would it be a preconception to think you have already behaved in a scummy fashion? For that matter, I don't gather how you decided rofl was assuming you were gonna be scummy instead of having already seen you be scummy.
scumchat never die
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Guardian »

BM's appearance of continued spamming is saddening and suspicious :(. Again, more comments later.
Do not lynch me.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korts wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
roflcopter wrote:

BM
This is so much BS. Why would it be a preconception to think you have already behaved in a scummy fashion? For that matter, I don't gather how you decided rofl was assuming you were gonna be scummy instead of having already seen you be scummy.
Yeh sorry, poor wording there on my part. Ignore that. -.-
Regarding your second point, from his comments, it's fairly clear that he meant i was going to look scummy in the future.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Korts »

Huh. Exactly the opposite was fairly clear to me.
scumchat never die
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:54 am

Post by roflcopter »

you must be the one with the guilty conscience, bm, because i was referring to how scummy you had already looked, not how scummy you'd look in the future. but you're doing a great job of continuing to look scummy. carry on.
soi soi soi

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:
request prod on Yosarian2
if it hasn't been done.
A prod has now been sent.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hello. Sorry, forgot to watch this game, and didn't realize it had started.

Wow...13 pages in 3 days. Nice. :) Will catch up soon.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

roflcopter wrote:you must be the one with the guilty conscience, bm, because i was referring to how scummy you had already looked, not how scummy you'd look in the future. but you're doing a great job of continuing to look scummy. carry on.
"whatever scummy things bm does."

That's not the past tense, dumbass. :roll:

Why havent you put your money where your mouth is yet? You seem awfully confident that i'm scum. Dont you want to commit yourself too early?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

So, taking my normal getting caught up track of reading thorough and responding to random stuff as I read it:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Kison wrote:
Guardian wrote:Kison, why go along with the joke that you are busing me?
Because it's precisely what you're calling it: a joke
No it isn't. The scum team consists of Kison, Guardian and BM. vollkan is the neighborhood serial killer.
Lol. DrippingGoofball is awesome.
vollkan wrote:This game looks set to be great. The list of players is absolutely brilliant.
Raging Rabbit wrote: Doesn't yield the same sort of information, and from my experience the discussion it creates revolves strictly around theory and meta and doesn't have much to do with the game. I'm not letting this deteriorate into a Twito discussion, you can keep crying your eyes out as far as I'm concerned. Also, you're buddying up to midgets.
Vote: Vollkan

Four questions:
1) What "sort of information" does a non-self random vote yield?
2) Can you see any inherent game value in having a theory debate early on?
3) Based on your answers to 1) and 2), do you think self-voting in the random stage can be a reasonable course of conduct?
4) Was your post that I quote above at all influenced by meta actions of myself?
1. It can yield information, although it's often information that can only be noticed later. For example, in one game I read years ago, player A random voted player B, then much later in the game players A and B claimed they were masons together, and the town figured out somethng was wrong partly because masons don't, as a rule, random vote each other. (Player A was actually a scum mason). Beyond that, you're at least getting someone who could be scum slightly closer to a lynch.

2. Always. :) Woo-hoo, theory debates.
Seriously, any non-random "I think his random vote was scummy" thing early in the game tends to cause a theory debate; dosn't mean you should avoid non-random votes. At least theory debates keep the game going, although perhaps this game dosn't need any help, heh.

It's interesting Guardian is so uncomfortable about the "Kison is bussing Guardian" quasi-joke. I don't know if that really says anything about Guardian or not, just...I donno, I'll have to think about it.

On a side note, I've been hearing about the deep south mechanic for ages but never quite knew what it was; turns out it's basically the same as the mechanic I wrote back in 2005 and used for a speed mafia game, lol. At least, I think it is; basically just no nights, all actions are day actions, right?
Kirson wrote: To whomever asked me what I think of Battle Mage, I think for the most part his zany behavior matches what I remember from playing with him ages ago. Which doesn't say much. The only thing from him which I find even remotely alarming so far is his declaration that he is pretty sure CKD is Town so early in the game.
Eh, that also seems to be fairly normal Battle Mage behavior, from my games with him.

Hmmm...CKD seems a little weird on page 5....getting a not-so-good gut feeling from him here.

Ok, I see other people seem to agree with me here...bandwagon starting, late page 5-page 6.

Also...it seems a little odd rofl is asking people who they think is town...not really sure what that's supposed to accomplish.'

On another note: it's only page 6, and we've already got DBG stirring up trouble, Kirson bouncing off the walls, Battlemage declaring several people pro-town and somehow constantly voting for half the town simultaniously, Volken starting a theory debate, and Guardian being defensive. Horray for metas. 8-)
Battle Mage wrote:
Guardian wrote:Kison, why go along with the joke that you are busing me?

BM, why change your vote every other post?

vote: Kison
The original idea was to build a meta, but with hindsight, that meta is a scum one. :D

BM
:lol:
Battle Mage wrote:I'm starting to feel DGB is being an intentional distraction while scum-Yos lurks away.
Heh. Let me just do a time check here... yup, this post is about 23 hours after the game opened up.

I love lurker wagons, but seriously, even by MY standards that seems a LITTLE too early to be calling out someone for lurking, dosn't it?

That being said, if this kind of activity keeps up, I can tell I'm going to love this game. :)
Guardian wrote: This is supposed to be such a stellar cast -- we seem to have largely spam'd/noise'd our way to page 8 in two days. Short page lengths are better for towns -- in reality, people are not going to re-read 40 page day ones as well as they read 15 page day ones.
I tend to think fast moving, active games are better for towns, actually; more stuff happens, people stay more involved, ect.

Page 11: Absolute clusterfuck of simulposts. I don't really get BM's vote here; you voted rofl because he thought DGB's agressive scumhunting behavior might be a town tell (for the record, I agree, although probably not a strong one). Or, actually, you voted him because he thought it was scummy that you disagreed with Korts about DBG's behavior being a town tell. So...why was that a scummy post by ROFL? I don't get it.

I also tend to think DGB's play has improved significantly, and I don't think the "ignore her she's useless" stratagy you're suggesting is really the most useful way to react here; I'm not 100% sure about her alignment either, but if she is town, she's really being doing the townie job of "kicking up anthills to see what happens" well. If I remember, it wasn't that long ago people were saying the same about you, BM, and I didn't agree with them either.
Elmo wrote:
Korts wrote:I'M a little curious to know how Elmo made
any
of his calls.
Eight-ball.
Hahaha

Ok...theory discussion between Guardian and Volken about random self voting...

Whew, ok, all caught up.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok. I'm not actually going to have any real logic behind most of this, so don't expect it, but based on my readthrough:

People I won't vote for right now:

3. DrippingGoofball
13. Battle Mage
10. Elmo

The first two seem to be really trying hard to do scumhunting, and I like that. Elmo hasn't done that much yet, but I totally expect him to nail the scum godfather given another 48 hours or so, so I'll give him some breathing room.

Based on some weird feelings I got from them earlier, I'm currently trying to decide between a CKD vote and a Guardian vote.

(shrug)

vote:curiouskarmadog

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”