Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:52 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 2172, MariaR wrote:1 in DW/Datsi for sure. Rev those slots down with a chainsaw in w/e order tbh but I'm more scared of Datsi wiggling their way out of a vote against me (AGAIN) then DW so B)
pedit: Oh has the king just sat there and done nothing? PERFECT just as I expected.
He gived us bread and circuses.

More circuses though.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:52 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2173, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2170, MariaR wrote:
In post 2156, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2154, Thestatusquo wrote:In this game it just seems like a lot of his reads just spring out of the air and he seems completely married to them as opposed to ever going back and reevaluating. I think this post is pretty interesting:
I am reevaluating. My read on Lukewarm went scum->town. My reads on junko & Mastina went town->scum. Several of my other reads have bounced around the place. This is categorically untrue

We're at a point now where I have townreads and people i don't townread and I'd like a flip, and have been at that point for a few days. This is how I play every D1. You don't have as good of a sense for me as a player as you think you do.
VOTE: GuiltyLion

Call this as opportunistic as you like but how hard do you need to backtrack and scramble in one post? Like, does the rest of the context matter and make this better? I'm curious.

Just saw I'm a leading wagon so I either can slam dunk a wolf or get a free ticket out of the game? Oh my goodness what a goated rep slot.
why gl over dwlee?
Do you think if I click the iso button on DWlee he'll be extremely wolfy? I just saw two posts from DW in a hood I share with them and GL's backtrack on this page so I voted GL. I could iso them that's probably optimal but ehhh
pedit: That should be extremely self-explanatory
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:53 am

Post by MariaR »

I probably should attempt do some amount of busywork because that's what people townread on this site and then after doing said busywork people will go "whoa guys Maria is town let's unvote" like a bunch of SHEEP.
Or, I can keep posting like this, probably have correct reads and get voted. Such hard choices.
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2176, MariaR wrote:Do you think if I click the iso button on DWlee he'll be extremely wolfy? I just saw two posts from DW in a hood I share with them and GL's backtrack on this page so I voted GL. I could iso them that's probably optimal but ehhh
I don't think this is self explanatory. You basically said you were voting to save your ass (which is fine as town), but then voted the lesser wagon when you're saying dwlee has 50% chance of being scum. Idgi
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:55 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2177, MariaR wrote:I probably should attempt do some amount of busywork because that's what people townread on this site and then after doing said busywork people will go "whoa guys Maria is town let's unvote" like a bunch of SHEEP.
Or, I can keep posting like this, probably have correct reads and get voted. Such hard choices.
Hi Maria. Why did you say there's 1 Mafia in Dwlee/Datisi, and then vote GuiltyLion who has fewer votes than Dwlee?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:56 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2178, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2176, MariaR wrote:Do you think if I click the iso button on DWlee he'll be extremely wolfy? I just saw two posts from DW in a hood I share with them and GL's backtrack on this page so I voted GL. I could iso them that's probably optimal but ehhh
I don't think this is self explanatory. You basically said you were voting to save your ass (which is fine as town), but then voted the lesser wagon when you're saying dwlee has 50% chance of being scum. Idgi
Mindmeld, we are both confirmed
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Enchant »

Furtive mindmelts with scum

Therefore both mafia
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:57 am

Post by MariaR »

I don't know how in the hell you got this, did I see that GL was a big wagon? Yes. Did I know it would look funny that I, a top wagon under suspicion voted him? Yes. Do I still think GL is scum? Yes. Never once did I say or act like "I'm voting this wagon to save myself" so I'm really confused how you got that from any of my posting.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:59 am

Post by PenguinPower »

^
yeah, this
<(") | (")>
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:00 am

Post by MariaR »

idk what game yall are reading cause not once did I say I am voting him to save my ass I just think the dude is wolfy af maybe I need to speak in dr. Seuss rhymes and that'll make more sense
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:02 am

Post by MariaR »

Even then if like, I say there's a wolf in these two players nd vote somewhere else, I do not think it takes more then 10 seconds of thought process to connect the dots that the person your voting for is obviously someone you wolfread more considering the post it is connected with but hey you do not like green eggs and ham?
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:02 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2182, MariaR wrote:
I don't know how in the hell you got this, did I see that GL was a big wagon? Yes. Did I know it would look funny that I, a top wagon under suspicion voted him? Yes. Do I still think GL is scum? Yes. Never once did I say or act like "I'm voting this wagon to save myself" so I'm really confused how you got that from any of my posting.
yeah - but you also said dwlee was likely scum and they are (were) a larger wagon so not sure why you went to gl given .
<(") | (")>
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:02 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2176, MariaR wrote:GL's backtrack on this page
what is the backtrack, specifically? I'm not following
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:02 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2184, MariaR wrote:idk what game yall are reading cause not once did I say I am voting him to save my ass I just think the dude is wolfy af maybe I need to speak in dr. Seuss rhymes and that'll make more sense
perhaps if multiple people aren't understanding you it's what you are saying that's the problem...?

idk - maybe
<(") | (")>
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:04 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2182, MariaR wrote:I don't know how in the hell you got this, did I see that GL was a big wagon? Yes. Did I know it would look funny that I, a top wagon under suspicion voted him? Yes. Do I still think GL is scum? Yes. Never once did I say or act like "I'm voting this wagon to save myself" so I'm really confused how you got that from any of my posting.
it's not required that you explicitly say "I'm voting to save myself" in order to make a vote that's saving yourself
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:05 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2188, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2184, MariaR wrote:idk what game yall are reading cause not once did I say I am voting him to save my ass I just think the dude is wolfy af maybe I need to speak in dr. Seuss rhymes and that'll make more sense
perhaps if multiple people aren't understanding you it's what you are saying that's the problem...?

idk - maybe
I think you just need to understand what I'm saying without any explanation needed what so ever I don't know what's so hard to get from that.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:06 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2189, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2182, MariaR wrote:I don't know how in the hell you got this, did I see that GL was a big wagon? Yes. Did I know it would look funny that I, a top wagon under suspicion voted him? Yes. Do I still think GL is scum? Yes. Never once did I say or act like "I'm voting this wagon to save myself" so I'm really confused how you got that from any of my posting.
it's not required that you explicitly say "I'm voting to save myself" in order to make a vote that's saving yourself
But that's not the reason I'm voting you, it's not like seeing your vote total made me go "ah yes this makes me want to vote you even more"
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:07 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

respond to my other post, it's the more important one
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:12 am

Post by MariaR »

I feel like I answered that in the original post, what part are you not-well I guess that just leads in circles so allow me to state it another way:

Your entire post feels like you're defensive and while, that isn't nearly as bad given you're at a top wagon standpoint and being defensive is fine, it feels like you're trying to be held accountable for your posting and you're backtracking going "no but this is what happened" it's way too overly appealing for my liking. That along with this that I saw:
In post 2155, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2135, Andante wrote:VOTE: Guiltylion [\v]

spicy… I’m down with this lim, like deciding to show up right as we started voting? Like days ago Luke said he was waiting on GL to respond to something, yet instantly showing up after being voted? This isn’t the town GL I remember.
(also I like this wagon more than “limming X for not talking”)
??????

I have a life Andante

I didn't "decide" to show up at any particular strategic time, I spent my Sunday watching the Ravens and then the rest of the day with my wife.

Yesterday I had work, and then I spent some time playing games with my friends before playing very briefly in the evening and then for a bit before bed.

This post is actually a really shitty reason to vote me and is accusing me of tactically lurking which is a low move and makes the game unpleasant.

Especially since it's not like I haven't been around.
Was enough for me to vote you and before you say "what's wrong with that post" because I can already tell. It's the fact you're trying to mix in the ate as a discredit attempt for the post. Like, I believe that you're upset for being voted, but you're just over using it in an attempt to get votes off you. I've seen how Ate is used as a wolf and this pings the fuck out of me.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:13 am

Post by MariaR »

Can't believe yall wagoned pour Charl, having no idea how to read my boy he was townie af. and having a 19 poster as top wagon D1? Double yikes tsk tsk go back to mafia school.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:16 am

Post by MariaR »

Also still waiting for PP to not give me stupid Penguin sass and explain to me why DW is a wolf only I'm allowed to be snarky and sassy in the thread hello that's my entire shallow personality???
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:16 am

Post by unwnd »

Oh Maria is here now
Stop
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:18 am

Post by MariaR »

Yeah you can vote GL over me now thanks.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:18 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2193, MariaR wrote:I feel like I answered that in the original post, what part are you not-well I guess that just leads in circles so allow me to state it another way:

Your entire post feels like you're defensive and while, that isn't nearly as bad given you're at a top wagon standpoint and being defensive is fine, it feels like you're trying to be held accountable for your posting and you're backtracking going "no but this is what happened" it's way too overly appealing for my liking. That along with this that I saw:
In post 2155, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2135, Andante wrote:VOTE: Guiltylion [\v]

spicy… I’m down with this lim, like deciding to show up right as we started voting? Like days ago Luke said he was waiting on GL to respond to something, yet instantly showing up after being voted? This isn’t the town GL I remember.
(also I like this wagon more than “limming X for not talking”)
??????

I have a life Andante

I didn't "decide" to show up at any particular strategic time, I spent my Sunday watching the Ravens and then the rest of the day with my wife.

Yesterday I had work, and then I spent some time playing games with my friends before playing very briefly in the evening and then for a bit before bed.

This post is actually a really shitty reason to vote me and is accusing me of tactically lurking which is a low move and makes the game unpleasant.

Especially since it's not like I haven't been around.
Was enough for me to vote you and before you say "what's wrong with that post" because I can already tell. It's the fact you're trying to mix in the ate as a discredit attempt for the post. Like, I believe that you're upset for being voted, but you're just over using it in an attempt to get votes off you. I've seen how Ate is used as a wolf and this pings the fuck out of me.
ok but

a) what is the
BACKTRACK
though? You said I backtracked, on what?

b) that is definitely an AtE post, sure. I thought Andante's post was super shitty of her and posts like that make me actually resent playing, and I wanted to call her out on it. Do you not agree that's a fucking annoying post to see when you're town? Especially coming from Andante here because my last post to her was me apologizing for being mean to her, only to see now that she is going to argue that I was strategically lurking when that's absolutely not how I've been playing this game. I'm not gonna pretend wolves don't strategically lurk, or even that I haven't ever done it as a mafia before, but seeing that post as the first thing when I wake up after staying up until 2am last night to squeeze in time to play just pisses me off. That's not an AI thing, that's just a me thing.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:19 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2195, MariaR wrote:Also still waiting for PP to not give me stupid Penguin sass and explain to me why DW is a wolf only I'm allowed to be snarky and sassy in the thread hello that's my entire shallow personality???
<(") | (")>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”