Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:43 am

Post by Datisi »

k luke is scum
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:43 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 763, Datisi wrote:but also it's like, i don't feel overly pressured to need to have my mind made up about my choice already? i'm still feeling out the game, i wanna use this time to get some sorta vibes on as many people as possible. i can move my vote once i want to move it, but i don't think we're there yet, and i'm fine having it idle on baltar. unlike normal votes, i can't use this one to pressure and reaction test.
datisi I wasn't really saying that you need to have made up your mind

I was just wondering why baltar stands out to you as being the best choice right now, unless you're saying that you don't really feel that way ?

who do you feel that you're struggling to get vibes on out of the active slots
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:45 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think town would be more likely to be critical of questionable methods even if they agree with the conclusions? whereas scum would just be happy someone was agreeing with their reads? I don't understand why that isn't more likely to be town trying to get high quality reads / sorting than mafia... weakening a position in the game they support?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Dann, do you have like a top three and a bottom three right now?

I may be open to your pitch for GL as king, but want to see if we align elsewhere.

Do you have any PR you'd be interested in?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:49 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 822, Dannflor wrote:
In post 657, Lukewarm wrote:snip
how familiar are you with LLD's scum play

I don't disagree that generally antagonizing a bunch of people 1 on 1 is like... not intuitive for scum

but LLD specifically focuses on those 1 on 1 interactions positive or negative in order to build her relationships and ensure she's never in danger

that's my point of hestitation

I don't think her reactions to people not wanting her on the council are ingenuine. I hate being treated like that for simply having a reputation and I empathize with feeling stuck regardless of what you do in that position

but my worry is that I feel like she might be focusing more on her relationships in this game than actually pushing for what she wants

what do you think
I do not think that she is slam dunk always town all the time. But, gth, when I seen someone repeatedly playing exactly how I would expect them to play as town, while making steps that I feel like they could have easily skipped, with little expectation that they would be making those steps, as scum (like pointing out the danger math). I am naturally drifting towards thinking that she is town.

I also did not feel like her methodology even made me, someone who landed on this being more likely to be a town approach from her, more inclined to name her king
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 829, Lukewarm wrote:I also did not feel like her methodology even made me, someone who landed on this being more likely to be a town approach from her, more inclined to name her king
Where would you want LLD if you could decide?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:53 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 826, Dannflor wrote:
In post 763, Datisi wrote:but also it's like, i don't feel overly pressured to need to have my mind made up about my choice already? i'm still feeling out the game, i wanna use this time to get some sorta vibes on as many people as possible. i can move my vote once i want to move it, but i don't think we're there yet, and i'm fine having it idle on baltar. unlike normal votes, i can't use this one to pressure and reaction test.
datisi I wasn't really saying that you need to have made up your mind

I was just wondering why baltar stands out to you as being the best choice right now, unless you're saying that you don't really feel that way ?

who do you feel that you're struggling to get vibes on out of the active slots
he doesn't really stand out to me, other than having some modicum of faith about being able to read him down the line

but it's also that nobody else jumped out as being significantly better that i want to actively change my vote

out of the active slots... andres and guilty seem to be widely townread, and i can sort of see why, but i have my Concerns:tm: there

yume is a black hole

shea and junko have definitely been *present*, but nothing about them jumped at me yet

do you think i should have these reads solidified already? do you have them?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:53 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 248, Andresvmb wrote:Also, Junko is Town. Like always.
I knew i saw this somewhere, have we played together? I don't remember you
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 827, Dannflor wrote:I think town would be more likely to be critical of questionable methods even if they agree with the conclusions? whereas scum would just be happy someone was agreeing with their reads? I don't understand why that isn't more likely to be town trying to get high quality reads / sorting than mafia... weakening a position in the game they support?
The end result of that statement is to make people doubt Andante town reads, and it never acknowledges that. It doesn't have the "I think Andante is town anyways, but..." aspect in there, which I would expect from an uninformed view point that is entering into that conversation with a town read on Andante.

It does not engage with Andante's alignment, or even engage with your alignment for making such a post.

It is just... there.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:57 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 656, Firebringer wrote:Unowen is strange, and given his interactions and what posted. Would not be surprised about scum on that.
I don't see point in a lot of there posts
and could even see scum motivation in questions posing and what they are looking into as not scumhunting. think someone
else said this? Might be me agreeing with Shea again. Not again....
Which posts are you talking about here?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:59 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 833, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 827, Dannflor wrote:I think town would be more likely to be critical of questionable methods even if they agree with the conclusions? whereas scum would just be happy someone was agreeing with their reads? I don't understand why that isn't more likely to be town trying to get high quality reads / sorting than mafia... weakening a position in the game they support?
The end result of that statement is to make people doubt Andante town reads, and it never acknowledges that. It doesn't have the "I think Andante is town anyways, but..." aspect in there, which I would expect from an uninformed view point that is entering into that conversation with a town read on Andante.

It does not engage with Andante's alignment, or even engage with your alignment for making such a post.

It is just... there.
yeah this is utter bullshit

the idea that i have to repeat my townread of andante for the nth time in order to call out bad reasoning is nonsense

because literally less than 10 minutes earlier, i wrote outlining difference between town and scum andante and why i think she's town this game; i had literally just got out of saying "i think andante is town" - and i'm trying to make people doubt town-andante by that one line? k
~M
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 830, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 829, Lukewarm wrote:I also did not feel like her methodology even made me, someone who landed on this being more likely to be a town approach from her, more inclined to name her king
Where would you want LLD if you could decide?
Getting cop checked by the Hand of the King probably lol.

But actually, I have not really been able to put a lot of brain power towards the PRs. This game is getting about 20% of the brain power I normally bring to games atm.

Maybe the PR slot on the council that could do the least amount of damage if she were scum, but also lets her be in on the council meetings in case she is town (I would value her having imput in those conversations). And then likely also getting her cop checked, meaning she is both clear *and* a weak PR meaning the scum team would have to choose between killing her or a stronger PR. (or outed if scum, obvs)
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:01 am

Post by Datisi »

and luke has played with me a few times before, i'd expect him to know that i don't just get reads by directly engaging, i also open multiple conversations and sometimes they get picked up and sometimes they don't

so the "not engaging with alignments" comment is icky
~M
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:04 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 835, Datisi wrote:
In post 833, Lukewarm wrote:

It is just... there.
yeah this is utter bullshit

the idea that i have to repeat my townread of andante for the nth time in order to call out bad reasoning is nonsense

because literally less than 10 minutes earlier, i wrote outlining difference between town and scum andante and why i think she's town this game; i had literally just got out of saying "i think andante is town" - and i'm trying to make people doubt town-andante by that one line? k
Oh. I don't think that your actual goal was to make people doubt Andante.

I am talking more about PoV's that would lead to the post being framed that way.

I think that the approach makes less sense coming from the perspective of of a town with a town read on Andante.

And more sense coming from scum who is just engaging to engage.

Given the lack of focus on the alignment of either the person who is being talked about or the alignment of the person who you are responding to, it was just empty engagement.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:07 am

Post by Andante »

all this andante town talk makes me happyyy :) Datisi can be town for today!

(also junko I don’t remember the first time I asked you something, the second was just cause you didn’t seem to be doing anything so i was like “mmk how have reads changed then?” and i’m just now showing up since answering you? i’m kinda here dw, i’m reading most things! currently distracted by andante talk!!)

ok byeee time to go run… in… freaking cold temps.. but this is the warmest it’s gonna be for a while… ahhhh it’s windy too… a few more days then yall can have andante walls!! where I talk about all the great things you’ve done!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:09 am

Post by Datisi »

i find it funny that you're picking one line of my posting and yelling how it's "empty engagement" as if i didn't have a bunch of other content in the span of ~10 minutes
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:09 am

Post by Datisi »

i find it funny that you're picking one line of my posting and yelling how it's "empty engagement" as if i didn't have a bunch of other content in the span of ~10 minutes
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 828, VP Baltar wrote:Dann, do you have like a top three and a bottom three right now?

I may be open to your pitch for GL as king, but want to see if we align elsewhere.

Do you have any PR you'd be interested in?
I'm planning on posting a full reads list later today but tentatively

I think GL is kinda by far the king candidate I feel best about right now, both in terms of towniness and being someone who I think A: will be adverse to pocketing and B: won't try to hero vig.

Datisi is a town read but I don't feel like I have a confident enough read there to advocate for a king position.

Shea is in a similar space for me as Datisi right now in that when I just skim the thread reading his posts I feel good about him being town but there's nothing specific that has jumped out at me yet as being super likely to come from town or unlikely to come from scum.

I still like UNOwen as town.

Adante I'm coming around to being town but I feel like I have to stop being lazy and actually do my own meta here

gun to head I feel Bellaphant, dwlee, maybe Titus(???) have had the scummiest pop ins? I'm wary of those just being all the low posters and it's partially why I am not feeling super great about the town reads I do have

I'm not really a fan of Lukewarm's posting so far either

there are a lot of slots still kinda swimming in the ether for me like LLD and Junko and Andres and firebringer that I feel I should be able to have a read on by now that I'll be revisiting tonight

You are kinda in that space too. I really didn't like how you entered the game but I haven't really had as many issues with your most recent posting.

I'm sorry that was far more nebulous than I'm sure you wanted

can you talk to me more about town!Andres?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Datisi »

fucking doubleposting

do you think every single thought i put out is directly engaging with people's alignments? do you think i always wanna lay out in advance what i'm looking for?
~M
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:11 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 833, Lukewarm wrote: The end result of that statement is to make people doubt Andante town reads, and it never acknowledges that. It doesn't have the "I think Andante is town anyways, but..." aspect in there, which I would expect from an uninformed view point that is entering into that conversation with a town read on Andante.

It is just... there.
I think this is a bad take. Town doesn't have to be laser-focused on sorting with every interjection, it's not a stretch to imagine someone wanting to make a point that was more to do with theory in general than being specific to this game.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Dannflor »

I haven't really looked at the PRs

I don't really care
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

datisi is scum because he's intentionally using up his post cap by """accidentally""" double posting
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 831, Datisi wrote:he doesn't really stand out to me, other than having some modicum of faith about being able to read him down the line

but it's also that nobody else jumped out as being significantly better that i want to actively change my vote

out of the active slots... andres and guilty seem to be widely townread, and i can sort of see why, but i have my Concerns:tm: there

yume is a black hole

shea and junko have definitely been *present*, but nothing about them jumped at me yet

do you think i should have these reads solidified already? do you have them?
mm no

obviously I do not either. I'm asking more hoping that you can help me get my reads than order than to like *verify* you're having reads. I'm sure you could just make them up if you felt the need to

which is partially why I don't know that it would help me to see you make up an LLD read
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:14 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 822, Dannflor wrote:
In post 657, Lukewarm wrote:snip
how familiar are you with LLD's scum play

I don't disagree that generally antagonizing a bunch of people 1 on 1 is like... not intuitive for scum

but LLD specifically focuses on those 1 on 1 interactions positive or negative in order to build her relationships and ensure she's never in danger

that's my point of hestitation

I don't think her reactions to people not wanting her on the council are ingenuine. I hate being treated like that for simply having a reputation and I empathize with feeling stuck regardless of what you do in that position

but my worry is that I feel like she might be focusing more on her relationships in this game than actually pushing for what she wants

what do you think
it happened again, ahahah
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:14 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 839, Andante wrote:all this andante town talk makes me happyyy :) Datisi can be town for today!

(also junko I don’t remember the first time I asked you something, the second was just cause you didn’t seem to be doing anything so i was like “mmk how have reads changed then?” and i’m just now showing up since answering you? i’m kinda here dw, i’m reading most things! currently distracted by andante talk!!)

ok byeee time to go run… in… freaking cold temps.. but this is the warmest it’s gonna be for a while… ahhhh it’s windy too… a few more days then yall can have andante walls!! where I talk about all the great things you’ve done!
Weird that you don't remember it since you were "pretty sure" I was scum

And then You dropped that read

So the progression of your reads don't make sense
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”