Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Coupled with Xtoxm's scummy behaviour, I'm willing to take a chance on that.

Vote Count as of post 575

(4)Xtoxm: Knight of Cydonia, Zazier, icemanE, Farkshinsoup
(1)Knight of Cydonia: Xtoxm,

Not Voting: chazworthington, Xtoxm, G-Force, bionicchop2, Riceballtail, X

6 votes to lynch.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:59 am

Post by icemanE »

So bio, what do you want to do with our cop data then? Throw it out completely?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

paranoid:paranoid - inconclusive

paranoid:insane - Xtoxm is town

paranoid:sane - Xtoxm is scum

sane:sane - Xtoxm is scum

insane:insane - Xtoxm is town

fake:paranoid - inconclusive

fake:insane - Xtoxm is town

fake:sane - Xtoxm is scum

fake:fake - inconclusive
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Sorry, screwed up and hit the submit button accidentally.

paranoid:paranoid - inconclusive

paranoid:insane - Xtoxm is town

paranoid:sane - Xtoxm is scum

sane:sane - Xtoxm is scum

insane:insane - Xtoxm is town

fake:paranoid - inconclusive

fake:insane - Xtoxm is town

fake:sane - Xtoxm is scum

fake:fake - inconclusive

I think we can use our powers of deduction here. I find it hard to believe that we would have 3 cops, with 2 of them giving misleading and useless results. It would be way too unbalanced in favour of scum. This of course, assumes that q21 was a "useful" cop with a sane or insane sanity. If he was naive or paranoid, that would make it even more unlikely.

That having been said, bionic is right, if all you're going by is the investigation results, then there is an equal chance that xtoxm is town or scum. But, if we want to find out, then we have to lynch Xtoxm to verify their sanities and/or cop claims.

I don't think you have to "throw out" the investigation results, but you should not trust them as the main reason for lynching xtoxm.
Farkshinsoup wrote: Xtoxm would be our best lynch candidate even without the investigations. Vote:Xtoxm Why so reluctant to talk at this point, Xtoxm? Every time you've gotten close to being lynched you've done something to try to shut down discussion (the self-vote, now the silent treatment).
QFT.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:26 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

mod
- please fix my quote tags in post 574. The top quote is by icemanE
icemanE wrote: So bio, what do you want to do with our cop data then? Throw it out completely?
It is useless today. How we proceed depends if we trust both cops are telling the truth and if we want to spend a day confirming their sanity. Until we confirm their sanity, the results mean nothing (you made a big point about this yesterday). The only way to confirm their sanity is through Xtoxm's death.

If I read the game and think Xtoxm played an exceptional townie game, then I would probably lean towards not worrying about the investigation results and just focusing on scum hunting somewhere else. I doubt that will be the case though. If he falls close enough to the top of my scum list, then it makes sense to lynch him and get any added bonus of figuring out sanities.
The above written statement is pro-town.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:28 am

Xtoxm was scummy Day 1, he's being scummy *AND* anti-town now, and we have two cop results of guilty on him. I'm happy to lynch a scummy player to confirm cop sanities - that way we kill two birds with one stone: a scummy player, and the questions surrounding our cops.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:04 am

Post by icemanE »

KoC is right. Luckily, the cops both picked the same target. That was my main concern last night - shotgunning cop investigations would be a huge waste.

To a degree I get the feeling one of the cops is scum, though. If I were to choose one, it would be G-Force, solely because he gave us his report second. I'm going to withhold judgment until tomorrow, though.

@ The Cops:

Why did you guys pick Xtoxm to investigate?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:01 am

Post by X »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:I'm happy to lynch a scummy player to confirm cop sanities - that way we kill two birds with one stone: a scummy player, and the questions surrounding our cops.
It can rule out a few possibilities if we find out Xtoxm is scum, but not many. Just that either cop could not be insane (if he is scum) or that they can't be sane (if he isn't).
icemanE wrote:@ The Cops:

Why did you guys pick Xtoxm to investigate?
Read the thread. Fark already asked this question, and ZazieR answered. I'm not giving my reaction either way on ZazieR's answer until G-Force answers it.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:05 am

Better to rule out a few possibilities, rather than stumble in the dark for even longer regarding cop results, X. And you can't argue that Xtoxm isn't teh scummiest, and therefore most deserving of a lynch, player. Especially given his attempt to buddy onto Mr. Adams and his chainsaw defence of him yesterday.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:08 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Working on my full game reread with post by post analysis. Not moving as fast as normal due to outside distractions (only through 148 posts). I would like to complete that before placing any votes.

I would also like to add that if we think one of the cops is lying, then lynching to confirm sanities will gain us nothing unless we have a doctor.
chazworthington
chazworthington
Goon
chazworthington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by chazworthington »

First off, next Sunday-Tuesday I'm going ot have very limited access to the internet. I'll try to post, but can't promise anything.

Regarding the activity with Xtomx, I still believe he is acting exactly like his meta. I will re-read his posts and review/complete the meta of him but as of now I don't support his lynch.

I don't like Zaz voting for Xtomx based soley off her result.

Also, I don't like icemanE pushing the two gulities on Xtomx.
chazworthington
chazworthington
Goon
chazworthington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by chazworthington »

Farkshinsoup wrote: I think we can use our powers of deduction here.
I find it hard to believe that we would have 3 cops, with 2 of them giving misleading and useless results. It would be way too unbalanced in favour of scum. This of course, assumes that q21 was a "useful" cop with a sane or insane sanity. If he was naive or paranoid, that would make it even more unlikely

That having been said, bionic is right, if all you're going by is the investigation results, then there is an equal chance that xtoxm is town or scum. But, if we want to find out, then we have to lynch Xtoxm to verify their sanities and/or cop claims.

I don't think you have to "throw out" the investigation results, but you should not trust them as the main reason for lynching xtoxm.
I'm not so sure about the bolded part. One sane, one insane and one naive/paranoid would be an interesting mix. I grant that for me to be right about xtomx that would mean q21 was the sane cop.

Also, one other note. Assuming no doc and 3 mafia we're at LYLO tomorrow if we don't get things right today. A quick lynch today makes tomorrow that much harder.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:29 am

I can't believe people are actually arguing AGAINST lynching an incredibly scummy player, who has now resorted to lurking and refusing to speak, AND has two cop results of guilty against him.
I'd be voting him regardless of those cop results, his "meh" attitude and deliberate silence are doing nothing to help us, and he was incredibly scummy in the way he tried to buddy Mr. Adams yesterday.
At worst, the town loses a scummy player who was misdirecting us massively, and we learn more about our cops. At best, and I think most likely, we lynch scum.
A vote for Xtoxm is a vote for win. Remember that. Now do it. 2 more votes.
BE A HERO!
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:00 am

Post by ZazieR »

@Chaz
Zazie wrote:but due to the way xtoxm played yesterday, I can see truth in my result.
Ignore the ''R''
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:17 am

Post by icemanE »

chaz wrote: Also, I don't like icemanE pushing the two gulities on Xtomx.
I don't like the way chaz is defending the scummiest player AGAINST TWO GUILTIES.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:22 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:I can't believe people are actually arguing AGAINST lynching an incredibly scummy player, who has now resorted to lurking and refusing to speak, AND has two cop results of guilty against him.
Please stop adding the guilty reports to your argument as if they have any relevance to Xtoxm's alignment.

I think it would be very helpful if you did a PbPa outlining your suspicions. So far in my reread, you have not made many scummy comments, but there is a repeated theme of you picking someone to vote and then just telling others to vote for them without really giving a lot of reasons why it is the best lynch..
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:23 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

icemanE wrote:
chaz wrote: Also, I don't like icemanE pushing the two gulities on Xtomx.
I don't like the way chaz is defending the scummiest player AGAINST TWO GUILTIES.
bionicchop2 wrote: Please stop adding the guilty reports to your argument as if they have any relevance to Xtoxm's alignment.
Putting it in bold does not make it important.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:26 am

Post by icemanE »

bio wrote: Putting it in bold does not make it important.
...what's in bold?

Clearly some players are trying to get us offtrack here, dismissing cop reports. I don't know, I have a really good feeling in my stomach that the mod isn't going to throw more than two irregular cops into the game. Dismissing the two reports is just riduculous. Bio, if you don't see why Xtoxm is the scummiest thus far REGARDLESS of the reports, you need to read the game, not have someone lay out a PBPA for YOUR convenience.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:47 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

icemanE wrote:
bio wrote: Putting it in bold does not make it important.
...what's in bold?
I meant CAPS
icemanE wrote: Clearly some players are trying to get us offtrack here, dismissing cop reports. I don't know, I have a really good feeling in my stomach that the mod isn't going to throw more than two irregular cops into the game.
So your hunch is all 3 were / are sane? Or 2 are sane and one is irregular? Or do you somehow know all 3 were telling the truth? Do you know both alive 'cops' are definitely cops? Q21 could be sane, one of the alive could be insane and the other could be fake.
icemanE wrote: Dismissing the two reports is just riduculous.
No, using them as any lynch justification is ridiculous and just scummy.

Maybe you would like to explain your complete turn around from this thought process yesterday?
icemanE wrote: ... if we don't figure out whether or not our cops are sane or insane (and I HIGHLY DOUBT all of them are sane), we won't have a useful result EVER!
icemanE wrote:This is ridiculousness. Are you going to trust anything these cops say unless their sanity is cleared up? If so, why? Are we simply going to lynch whomever they target tomorrow simply to decide whether or not they're sane? Isn't that more of a waste? Why aren't you thinking rationally?
and then even today (nice dramatic sigh BTW):
icemanE wrote:*sigh*

Sanities are not confirmed. I don't know if I can trust the guilty. We'll see what the other cop has to offer.
=====
icemanE wrote: Bio, if you don't see why Xtoxm is the scummiest thus far REGARDLESS of the reports, you need to read the game, not have someone lay out a PBPA for YOUR convenience.
I am reading the game (just keeping with the current posts while I do a full analysis of the game which I am halfway through). The PBPA is not for my convenience. I will form my own opinion on if I think Xtoxm is scum. I want to know KoC's reasons so I can form my own opinion on KoC. I think you are confusing asking somebody to give me reasons to vote and asking somebody to justify their own vote.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:03 am

Post by icemanE »

So your hunch is all 3 were / are sane?
No.
Or 2 are sane and one is irregular?
Maybe.
Or do you somehow know all 3 were telling the truth?
No.
Do you know both alive 'cops' are definitely cops?
No.
Q21 could be sane, one of the alive could be insane and the other could be fake.
Yes.
Sanities are not confirmed. I don't know if I can trust the guilty. We'll see what the other cop has to offer.
That's what I said. Then the other cop said he had a guilty. Ta da.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:15 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

icemanE wrote: Sanities are not confirmed. I don't know if I can trust the guilty. We'll see what the other cop has to offer.
That's what I said. Then the other cop said he had a guilty. Ta da.[/quote]

Yes, but the other 'guilty' did not confirm any sanities. Yesterday you were quite clear that the reports were meaningless unless sanities were confirmed (you ignored those 2 quotes).

You really need to clarify why 2 guilties make it any more likely for xtoxm to be scum. I would like your thoughts on the possible roles of Zazier and G-Force with an explanation of why.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:30 am

Post by icemanE »

bio wrote: Yes, but the other 'guilty' did not confirm any sanities. Yesterday you were quite clear that the reports were meaningless unless sanities were confirmed (you ignored those 2 quotes).
...You're saying I ignored my own quotes?

Yesterday I said we should check the miller and verify sanities. I still think we should have. We didn't, so that clearly had an effect on my position. If you need it, here's a clear explanation of my position:

We should lynch Xtoxm today for the following reasons:

A. He has played scummiest thus far.
B. Two cops (unconfirmed) have guilty reports on him.
Ba: This will help clear up sanities and perhaps allow us to decide whether or not one of the cop claims is a fake.
C. He essentially quit the game. Initially I thought it would be a waste of time to lynch him, but I've changed my mind.
bio wrote: I would like your thoughts on the possible roles of Zazier and G-Force with an explanation of why.
Why do you want me to speculate on roles?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:05 am

I'm not saying "lynch Xtoxm because of cop results". I'm saying, lynch Xtoxm because of scumminess, and along teh way, we should narrow down our (claimed) cop's sanities.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:38 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:I'm not saying "lynch Xtoxm because of cop results". I'm saying, lynch Xtoxm because of scumminess, and along teh way, we should narrow down our (claimed) cop's sanities.
I understand this in your case, but the tag-along comment about the guilty reports implies it is evidence against Xtoxm.

IcemanE on the other hand directly emphasizes the two guilty reports as if they have meaning.
icemanE wrote: I don't like the way chaz is defending the scummiest player AGAINST TWO GUILTIES.
I agree with a lynch on Xtoxm would help reveal sanity. I don't argue that point. I am mostly pressing iceman for inconsistencies in his statements. He also is asserting Xtoxm as the scummiest player without citing any actual reasons other that Xtoxm giving up. Mr Adams did a similar on D1 when it first looked like he would get lynched earlier in the day.

None of this means Xtoxm isn't scum, just that the reasons for voting have not been solid yet. In my reread I found your meta-case and that explains why you are persistent.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:49 am

My reasons for voting ARE solid. Iceman's may not be, but mine are.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”