Mafia 88- Return to New Catania- Game Over!

Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:37 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

CKD wrote: and you know he is a newbie right?
Yep. You would realize that I ended up unvoting him and concluding that he is not scummy on page 4.
Shanba wrote: Especially you, Sir T: what's up with the weak little FoS? Yos2 too.
There really isn't any reason strong enough for me to actually vote for Seraphim. And, he still has to answer that question.
I'm back!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ectomancer wrote:Sooo...what's up with these 2 posts BM?
First quote you say you can name 2 town members that are trying to look scummy right out of the gate.
Second quote, you tell CKD that you'll need him this game due to the lineup, and its been awhile since you've played town.

Could you explain what you mean? It sounds like you are saying that you know 2 or 3 town members right off the bat.
Battle Mage wrote:
farside22 wrote:I don't really see many town people try and look scummy right out the gate to find scum.
I can name at least 2 in this game. :P

BM
Battle Mage wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:Woah, Page 1 quickly begins the bandwagon train…nothing like a newbie to rock the boat.
Yay, haven’t played with an active BM in awhile.
Page 2, lost among the fluff between BM and Seraphim. IF Bm does anything, he does get conversation started.
Page 3-4 arguing over game theory. Jesus Christ..stop with the post pyramids.
Caught up…

Hoopla, no lynches are bad (at this point)…this is a newbie tell, nothing more.

Vote Sir Tornado,

I understand newbies attacking newbies for newbie tell, but you should know better…and even though you are not currently voting Hoopla, you jumped on that because…?

Why did you feel like Hoopla was scummy and deserving of your vote?
Good to see you mate. Looking at this line-up, we're going to need all the help we can get! :P
And yeh, its been a while since we've played together as TOWN. :P

BM
I can name 2 players in this game who have deliberately acted scummy as town in order to invoke opportunism, at some point in their mafia careers. I'll give you a hint- one of them is me. :P

My comment to CKD was referring to the way in which you and Yosarian are pretty indistinguishable atm. It's very disconcerting when 2 of the most respected players in the game aren't meeting those expectations, and instead, seem to want to buddy up as much as possible. The other comment was referring to the fact that we recently shared a run of games where we were both scum together. :P

But, i'll humour you. Under what circumstances do you think i would "say i know 2 or 3 members of the town right off the bat"?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Sobeahero wrote:Don't want to go back teh page to quote, but this is directed at BM. :p

I did give a reason to vote for you. It looked suspicious to me for you to jump on the first guy who formed an opinion. Thats why I picked you over him. :p
That's fair enough i guess. I guess thats the same reason i reacted so strongly to GC at the start-he was very keen, very early on. :P

the rest is fine.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Battle Mage wrote: My comment to CKD was referring to the way in which you and Yosarian are pretty indistinguishable atm. It's very disconcerting when 2 of the most respected players in the game aren't meeting those expectations, and instead, seem to want to buddy up as much as possible.
:eyebrow:

How am I "not meeting expectations"? Just because I don't agree with you on everything?

And how are we "buddying up"? Just because we do agree on some things?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:31 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

BM, that comment about Shanba and Yos "buddying up" and not meeting expectations is a real stretch. I really don't see anything that you could be construing as buddying up.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

OhGodMyLife wrote:BM, that comment about Shanba and Yos "buddying up" and not meeting expectations is a real stretch. I really don't see anything that you could be construing as buddying up.
That might be because i was talking about Yos and ECTOMANCER. Not Shanba. 0.o

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: My comment to CKD was referring to the way in which you and Yosarian are pretty indistinguishable atm. It's very disconcerting when 2 of the most respected players in the game aren't meeting those expectations, and instead, seem to want to buddy up as much as possible.

How am I "not meeting expectations"? Just because I don't agree with you on everything?

From where i'm sat, you've kind of rolled into 1 player. It's got to the stage where i cant tell you apart without checking the username every 5 minutes...
I cant even say who's to blame overall, although on this page, it seems to be him blindly tagging onto you.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:37 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Let me take a closer look at what happened in the past 24 hours, but I think you're still grasping at straws with this whole buddying thing.

Also, dear god people, stop the quote walls.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Hoopla »

BM, your posts are mighty hard to sift through sometimes. I know this is supposedly how you usually play, but maybe try expressing key thoughts rather than everything in your head? At the moment I don't know what you're attempting to do, but I don't like it.

The main point I'm upset with you is generating buddying claims on people who merely share a similar opinion, while also appearing to link yourself to others at the same time. I didn't like Post 35 jumping to my aid and ordering off a FoS, and Post 112 I read as you implying you're both pro-town, although it could also be read as you were both previously scum in other games and you're throwing in your own alignment hoping CKD is. Either way I'm keeping an eye on you.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Something else I want to address is in regards to a couple of posts by CKD and a couple others. Here is an example;
curiouskarmadog wrote: I understand newbies attacking newbies for newbie tell, but you should know better…and even though you are not currently voting Hoopla, you jumped on that because…?
I realize I'm a newbie, but I didn't join in this game just so I can play the newbie card, so you don't need to keep dealing it to me. I think I can handle the pressure and the dynamics of the game.

Mod:
Can we possibly poke Puta Puta, SensFan and Panda Stomper who are yet to join in?

Done
Sobeahero
Sobeahero
Townie
Sobeahero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Sobeahero »

Well, for now I"m satisfied with my little squables with BM. Time to turn my focus onto another man.

And that man is.......Der Hammer
DUN DUN DUNN!!!!

He has yet to comment on any major event, nor has he really said ANYTHING relevant, except point out what FoS was to me.

As with the original reason for going after Hoopla, there really isn't a lot we can gauge from Der Hammers actions so far today. Therefore I'd like to see some more thoughts of the Hammer of Der posted in the near future. I'll try and sift through to find the other people who are mostly inactive and haven't posted much relevent soon, but I"m to tired to dig through all this again right now. :p
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Hoopla wrote:BM, your posts are mighty hard to sift through sometimes. I know this is supposedly how you usually play, but maybe try expressing key thoughts rather than everything in your head? At the moment I don't know what you're attempting to do, but I don't like it.
If this is how i normally play, why would you not like it?
Hoopla wrote: The main point I'm upset with you is generating buddying claims on people who merely share a similar opinion, while also appearing to link yourself to others at the same time. I didn't like Post 35 jumping to my aid and ordering off a FoS,
I love to back the underdog. Blame Camn. ;)
I defended you, and attacked GC. Because i'm not afraid of giving people insight into as many of my opinions as possible. I'm far more open as town than as scum.

Hoopla wrote:and Post 112 I read as you implying you're both pro-town, although it could also be read as you were both previously scum in other games and you're throwing in your own alignment hoping CKD is. Either way I'm keeping an eye on you.
If i recall, it was a half-joke, half-greeting.

I think it'd be interesting to see if a majority would be willing to lynch me now, if we didnt still have 7 weeks to go... :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:51 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ok had two games that were on top of deadlines...will update this one next (posting this is two games)....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Battle Mage »

lol
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Puta Puta is reading the thread right now!

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Battle Mage wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:

From where i'm sat, you've kind of rolled into 1 player. It's got to the stage where i cant tell you apart without checking the username every 5 minutes...
I cant even say who's to blame overall, although on this page, it seems to be him blindly tagging onto you.

BM
(shrug) I don't generally consider someone agreeing with me to be a scumtell...
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Battle Mage wrote:But, i'll humour you. Under what circumstances do you think i would "say i know 2 or 3 members of the town right off the bat"?

BM
I've decided to pass over it. It's not the obvious from either a scum or town perspective. I thought you were saying something that you couldnt say directly from the way you phrased things and thought you might give a different response when given an opening.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:58 am

Post by SensFan »

Responding to prod.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ectomancer wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:But, i'll humour you. Under what circumstances do you think i would "say i know 2 or 3 members of the town right off the bat"?

BM
I've decided to pass over it. It's not the obvious from either a scum or town perspective. I thought you were saying something that you couldnt say directly from the way you phrased things and thought you might give a different response when given an opening.
So it was bs? Right. :roll:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

doing a player analysis now. This activity is shocking btw. 10 out of 22 players are not participating as much as is reasonable at this point in the game.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:02 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

SensFan wrote:Responding to prod.
Anything to add to that, or should you just be policy lynched right now?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Battle Mage wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:

BM

BM
That's an assumption, something you are very good at. As I said, I've decided to pass it over for reasons that if I gave, wouldn't be passing it over. Dig it?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ectomancer wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:

BM

BM
That's an assumption, something you are very good at. As I said, I've decided to pass it over for reasons that if I gave, wouldn't be passing it over. Dig it?
So it was bs? Right. I just think it'd be helpful if you were more honest about this kind of shizzle.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:19 am

Post by farside22 »

Oh joy BM is spamming.
Sobeahero: Is Der the only one you caught doing this? What about others who have just done a random vote and offered nothing else since.
BM your meta is showing stop it.
I loved what Hoopla did, however as I stated both town and scum fall into this trap. I see it as a null tell at best. It does get the conversation flowing off the random stage which is nice.
Sens: Glad to see you are joining us how about reading and adding to the game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

farside22 wrote:BM your meta is showing stop it.
How the heck would that be a BAD thing? (assuming i'm town).

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:25 am

Post by tubby216 »

well i am back and i am catching up
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”