Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Brain of Wombat »

Good evening, boys and girls, how are we all today? Glad to see we all survived the night.

Now rather than voting for people based on silly criteria like the length of their username 8-) , lets take a second and be rational about this. As we started with a night phase, did anybody get any useful information last night?

I hate the first day, nobody knows who anybody is and I don't want us to accidentally bandwagon into a mis-lynch. But since we started at night, lets wait and see if an investigator comes forward with some information.

Let's just exercise caution for the time being.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:37 pm

Woah! Let's all calm down a second. That's exactly the kind of bandwagoning I was talking about.

What exacly was my crime there, Rage? I've never seen a game starton a night phase before and I was afraid the scum might pick off a townie before we even got started. I was glad to see that didn't happen, that's all.

I also thought, unlikely as it is, that an investigator could have discovered something useful last night that we could go on. However, given the numbers, darkdude makes a fair point and I can see why an investigator wouldn't want to risk their neck by claiming.

I'm just saying that, lacking any information, we should hold off on lynching anyone today, there's too much chance of us helping out the scum by lynching an innocent townie.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:24 pm

Rage wrote:
Brain of Wombat wrote:Woah! Let's all calm down a second. That's exactly the kind of bandwagoning I was talking about.
Cute. Tell me, how did you not foretell this type of reaction?
Pure newbie naivety.

I'm saying we should be careful not to lynch town because statistically, that's more likely - there's more of us than there are of them. I say it ever more earnestly now, because if this wagon keeps on rolling you actually will lynch a townie.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:55 pm

I haven't a clue who is town, nor do I know who the scum are, hence why I'm suggesting caution today. On the first day we know sweet fuck all, we are in no position to lynch anybody with any degree of certainty. I foolishly mentioned the idea of investigators providing information without considering the risks to their survival, that was dumb, I admit that.

I'm not just suggesting "not lynching town", I'm suggesting a no lynch in order to avoid the chance of lynching a townie by mistake.

I'm just looking at the maths, and if there are more town than scum, then with no information we are statistically more likely to get the wrong person.

I don't know anything except that I'm as townie as they come.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:00 pm

darkdude wrote:
Wombat wrote: I'm just saying that, lacking any information, we should hold off on lynching anyone today, there's too much chance of us helping out the scum by lynching an innocent townie.
Does this equate to "I suggest no lynch"?
Yes.
darkdude wrote:
Rage wrote: I want a role claim.
I don't want one. Not yet.
Wasn't planning to, but if this continues...

darkdude wrote:
Wombat wrote: I'm saying we should be careful not to lynch town because statistically, that's more likely - there's more of us than there are of them.
Statistically, we're always more likely to lynch town than scum unless scum outnumber us at which point we lose. And your point is?
[/quote]
That later we will at least have some information to go on. Right now we're blindly chucking darts at a board and are more likely to get the wrong person.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:20 pm

MacavityLock wrote:
Rage wrote:Macavity, what do you have against role-fishing so early in the day? Also, why are you so forgiving to Brain of Wombat's role-fishing (asking for a cop claim), yet so quick to switch to me?
I think Wombat's first post is certainly something to keep in mind, but
it definitely felt like more of a newbie move (who's got info for us so that we can be lazy today?).
Role-fishing early is bad because it gives scum better targets. You've been here longer than I have, do I really need to tell you that?
Yeah, that's more or less exactly what it was. I was looking for information while, stupidly, not considering the implications of that in terms of making the outed investigators more vulnerable.

I've watched a couple of games, but this is my first time playing and I didn't properly think through my first post. I'll hopefully get better as this thing goes along.

I don't want to condemn Rage for his reaction, he could have the towns best interests at heart. You were talking about me being scum, or a mason, or a scum neighbour (?) or whatever. Quite simply, I have no interaction or connection with any other players. I'm just an average townie, that's it.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:24 pm

darkdude wrote: Of course, bad play cannot be brushed aside but must be remembered for later. I think it is interesting that Wombat has not posted since post #24 two days ago...
When your first post lands you in such hot water, it's kinda scary. It seemed like whatever I said just made it worse so I decided to step back for a day or two - as my mother always told me: When you're in a hole, stop digging.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:45 pm

darkdude wrote:
I've watched a couple of games, but this is my first time playing and I didn't properly think through my first post. I'll hopefully get better as this thing goes along.

I don't want to condemn Rage for his reaction, he could have the towns best interests at heart. You were talking about me being scum, or a mason, or a scum neighbour (?) or whatever. Quite simply, I have no interaction or connection with any other players. I'm just an average townie, that's it.
Remember this, don't claim until asked to. That includes dropping hints like you just did. All it does is give scum more information to work with. Town, on the other hand, rarely benefits from it.
I'm not making a full on claim yet, but when you're on the receiving end of fairly intense pressure like I'm getting from Rage, it feels necessary to say something in my defence.
darkdude wrote: Seems like everyone but tubby has posted at least once. Wombat, who is your top suspect at the moment?
My original point was that I didn't think we'd be able to even begin to have real suspects on day one.

If I had to... until Tubby and Gorckat make a real contribution it's always possible they are scum trying to fly under the radar, but it would be unfair to assume that yet.

Puta Puta's first contribution was to quote Lady Macbeth, not exactly a heroic or honest character, manipulative, calculating. He's generally being quite strange and cryptic, that seems odd to me.

I can understand the counter-wagon on Rage, but I'm not sure that's something I want to be a part of or really comment on. He could be scum, he could be a defensive townie, personally I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt right now.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Tarballs wrote: I also don't like the "just an average townie" soft claim by BoW. He's certainly becoming more suspicious, but it's not quite enough for me to change my vote yet.
That was meant to help end suspicion, not increase it.

Rage was accusing me of being scum, or a scum neighbour (whatever that is), or a mason or whatever. I was answering that by attempting to reassure him (and the rest of you) that I'm town by declaring myself both town and not a mason. I would consider a mason to be an irregular townie, whereas I'm a regular townie, that's all I meant.

I'd like to hear more from Puta Puta. His posts so far have been rather odd.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:42 pm

Puta Puta wrote:
gorckat wrote:
Thad wrote:Furthermore, on the topic of claims, I am going to have to presume that puta has hinted at his/her claim with the lady macbeth stuff and the violent post about killing ecto's cat, and that he/she/it is somehow involved with the serial killer/mafia.

So vote: puta puta
Lady Macbeth's insanity was represented by prose, not iambic pentameter. I would hope anyone trying drop that as an SK hint (why I have no clue) would at least do it that well.

puta's "2) for all I care you might as well be scum, cause you gon' make us lose, brotha." is more interesting to me. Don't like it.
Set honour in one eye and death i' the other,
And I will look on both indifferently.
For Brutus is an honourable man;
So are they all; all honourable men

Still not really choosing your heroes very well here. Brutus, a man who stabbed another in the back.

More Shakespeare, no answers.

I think we need to apply a little pressure to Mr Puta, see if he can give us any words of his own.

Vote: Puta Puta
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:48 pm

Also, at the risk of asking a silly question, when is the deadline for Day One?
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:40 pm

Puta Puta wrote:’T is a fault to Heaven,
A fault against the dead, a fault to nature,
To reason most absurd.
Claudius from Hamlet, another murderer.

Lady Macbeth, Brutus, Claudius - I'm seeing a theme here of killing your way to the top. I dunno, dude, that sounds
ever so slightly
scummy to me.

I say again, drop the Shakespeare and try using your own words, because I gotta agree with darkdude; what you're doing isn't really contributing.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:33 am

Tarballs wrote: I'm not sure if it was there when you asked it, but the deadline can be found from the title. So, it's December 1st.
Seriously? I did see that but I figured that must be a limiter for the whole game.

A whole month for one day? Seriously? Man, this is gonna be a long game.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:22 am

TDC wrote:
Prodding Brain of Wombat.
Ouch! Quit it.

I'm still here and still following the game, just got a bit lost in some of the theory being discussed here. So perhaps I should just ask, what is a policy lynch, and what does FOS mean?
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:43 am

Awww man, we lost a gun inventer, that sucks. That could have come in useful later.

Still got no clue how we were supposed to guess Puta was a cop, been over every word and it still doesn't make sense.

Speaking of which, do we have any other investigators who could have found stuff last night?
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:03 am

Jeez, can nobody take a joke around here?

Vote: Rage

It's scummy the way you want to take every opportunity to wagon a valuable townie like me.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1315 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:53 am

Hello again, everybody.

Impressed that my replacement lasted to the end, especially after my suicide attempt.

I would just like to mention that in the 4 months it has taken you to finish this 12 man game, I have played and completed two 40-man games, and am a matter of weeks from completing a third.

Seriously, I have no idea how you manage to play so slowly. You don't need a month for 12 people to decide on a lynch, you don't even need a week, it should only take 2 or 3 days at most.

I should mod a game here at that kind of pace and see what happens :D

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”